What Does It Mean? Ch. 02

Story Info
An end to the story.
4k words
4.33
116.9k
36

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 05/02/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Agena
Agena
1,222 Followers

My days were filled now with waiting for my cell phone to alert me that Grace had driven outside the boundaries I'd established in the computer program. I'd deliberately established the boundaries in the program to put Clara's apartment outside it but most other innocent places inside the boundaries. I figured that Clara would not go to Betty's house but if they were to meet it would be at Clara's apartment. What I couldn't control was if they met elsewhere, but it didn't seem to make sense for them to do that. But then, what makes sense when you're dealing with a cheater.

Betty was keeping me posted on Grace's activities as far as visits to the psychiatrist were concerned but except for the tracker all I knew was that she went to work at her school every day, where she may have met Clara. However, according to the tracker alert she wasn't going over to Clara's in the evenings. I'd have to see what would happen when she moved into her own place.

About a week and a half after she left home Betty informed me that Grace was moving into a furnished apartment and she would no longer be able to keep me posted on Grace's appointments with the psychiatrist. Now, I was dependent on the tracker to keep me posted.

When Grace moved to the apartment I readjusted the boundaries in the program to include her new domicile, the school and Betty's and the psychiatrist's office. I continued to monitor her. The only thing the tracker wouldn't tell me was if Clara came over to her apartment. However, I didn't think Grace would allow that as I knew what Clara's car looked like and I might see it at her apartment. I did go over some evenings but never saw Clara's car there.

Finally, one evening I received a phone call from Grace.

"Jim, I just wanted you to know that I've had three sessions with the psychiatrist and she would like you to come to my next session, Thursday afternoon, so she can explain some things to you. Can you come?"

"I'll be there Grace. What time and where?"

I knew where it was, by means of the tracker, but I wanted to ask so she wouldn't be suspicious that I was following her.

"Its at 4 PM in room 204 in Medical Plaza West on Graves street.. Thank you so much for supporting me, honey."

"I want to get this resolved as soon as possible."

I heard her sob then speak, "You don't know how much I've missed you."

"OK, Grace, I'll see you Thursday."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday afternoon I was at the psychiatrists office early and had to sit in the waiting room with Grace for a few minutes. I was hopeful that when we left there we could go home together.

When we finally got into the psychiatrist office she had us sit in an alcove in the corner of her office where there was a couch with an easy chair facing it. She waved us to the couch and took the chair.

The psychiatrist was a pleasant appearing woman about our age with a nice body. It looked like she exercised to keep in shape.

"Jim, I'm glad to finally meet you. As you know, Grace and I have had three sessions now and I think we need to talk about her visits here. First, can you tell me what you expect to get from this? Grace has told me what you've told her, but I'd like to hear it from you."

"You know Grace had an affair with another woman and I can't and won't differentiate between having an affair with a man. I'm not sure she sees this the same way I do, but I look on it as a serious breach of our marriage contract. I want to know if her actions were due to a mental illness or what would cause her to break her wedding vows and if so is there a way to cure it so that she will never be tempted to do it again. I can forgive her transgression and continue our marriage if I felt that I could trust her again."

"I can understand your concern about your marriage and how important trust is to you. However, you must know that psychiatry deals with mental illness and I've determined that Grace is not suffering from a mental illness that requires psychiatric care or that would require a cure. She has normal mental responses and some minor hangups but no illness. I would recommend a psychologist or marriage counselor as your best means of resolving your marital problems."

"All right, she doesn't have a mental illness, but why would she suddenly take up a relationship with someone else? Or have I been wrong?" I asked as I turned to face Grace. Was that your first time with someone else?"

"Oh Jim, there has never been anyone but you and I'm so sorry for me affair with Clara."

I had to believe her. Grace was not someone who could hide her feelings easily, especially under stress.

"I'll try to answer your question, Jim, without a lot of psychobabble." the psychiatrist continued. "Psychologically speaking, Grace might have felt she was missing something in her life. When a woman hits forty she has a lot of trouble accepting that her looks may be going to fade and she becomes very susceptible to suggestion and seduction. Also, in our society today there is more acceptance of different life styles that tend to compromise previous taboos related to sexual activities. She just downplayed in her mind the importance of mores regarding her relationship with someone of her own sex and how it related to your marriage. I know that you take your wedding vows very seriously and Grace lost track of that fact and she's having to pay for it. Hopefully, not at the cost of losing her marriage. You know she will never make that mistake again. She is totally focused now on doing everything she can to making it a success. I would say that you can trust her implicitly now."

"I would recommend again," she continued, "that you both see a marriage counselor and get your marriage back on track. You've been married for 23 years and I know that you both have too much invested in each other and your marriage to throw it all away now. Does this address your concerns?"

"I believe I can accept your assessment of the situation, but I gather you think my strict observance of our wedding vows is unique. Is there a reason for that? When we say the words 'forsaking all others', what is unique about that?"

She looked stunned for a moment and was at a loss for words momentarily.

"I'm sorry you got that impression. Fidelity in a marriage is very important and I didn't mean to imply anything when I mentioned your strict interpretation of those words." she apologized.

"Can you provide another interpretation?"

"No, I guess I can't."

"Are you married?"

"Yes, I am and I believe, very happily."

"I notice you don't wear any wedding rings."

"I wear them when I'm not involved professionally with a patient. I don't want them to be a distraction."

I noticed she was slightly flushed and nervous as we talked and acted like someone who had something to hide. I didn't push it further but it indicated to me that some people might take their wedding vows too lightly.

"Thank you doctor. I guess we'll go as I need to go and help Grace pack and move back home." I said as I turned to Grace and gave her a hug. Tears were running down her face as we said our goodbyes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Grace came back home that evening and after going out to dinner we went back home where I helped her unpack some of her stuff so we could go to bed. I was afraid that I might not be able to perform but sight of her body was all I needed to regain our marital intimacies.

The next morning we had breakfast together before going off to our respective and we smiled and laughed together like newly weds. Still a little shy but as if enjoying a new found relationship. As I picked up my laptop to carry out to my car I thought about the tracker still on Grace's car and decided I would leave it there for awhile in spite of the psychiatrist's professional opinion. However, I would have to reestablish the boundaries and replace the batteries in the tracker. I felt confident I could trust Grace now but we still had to have counseling to finally put the trust issue to bed and it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on things till then.

We did start seeing a marriage counselor and after two months of meetings we were feeling more comfortable together. My tracker surveillance had failed to detect any unusual or suspicious activity on her part and I began to relax. She started go back to see the psychiatrist again on Wednesday evenings since Grace felt she needed some psychotherapy and she felt comfortable with the psychiatrist who had agreed to do more psychotherapy with her even though it wasn't her field.. I changed my alert boundaries to account for travel to the psychiatrist's office again.

Grace had told me that she had applied for a transfer to another school in the district for next year and was sure she would get it even though it would be further to drive each day. I felt it would be worth it to keep her away from Clara.

One evening after Grace departed for and appointment with her psychiatrist I was sitting at my desk working with my laptop on and the surveillance program running. I was always fascinated by the technology that allowed me to track her car. Grace was taking evening appointments at the psychiatrist's office on Wednesdays now so she wouldn't have to leave her job early. I noticed that she arrived at the office for her appointment and a short time later her car left the parking lot and moved up the street two blocks and parked again. I tried to remember what was up the street such as a restaurant or something that would account for this movement but all I could recall was that there was a motel at or near that address. It was within my preselected cell phone alert boundaries so if she had been going there before I wouldn't have been alerted.. I went to the phone book and confirmed that the address was for a Best Western motel at that site.

I was stunned. What the hell is she doing there?

Realizing that I needed more information I went out, got in my car and headed to the motel. When I got there I confirmed that her car was indeed parked at the motel. Tears came to my eyes as I sat and waited for her to come back. It was an hour and a half later that I saw her and the psychiatrist emerge from a first floor room near her car and leave. During the time I'd waited my rage had grown and my thoughts had turned to revenge. If I confronted them now I would have to forego any thought of a satisfying retaliation. As soon as they left I went into the motel office and found the night clerk. He looked as though he would be agreeable to a little extra remuneration when I accosted him.

Taking a $50 bill from my wallet I held it so he could help but see it.

The party that just left room 125. Can you tell me who registered there for tonight?"

He looked at the $50 before replying.

"I'm really not supposed to tell you that."

"I'm sure you're not but can you tell me anyway?" I asked as I pushed the $50 across the counter at him.

Picking up the bill and putting it in his pocket he worked to computer keyboard and announced the psychiatrist's name and the information she paid in cash.

Looking back at the monitor he provided the information that she'd rented a room every other week for the last six weeks. I then gave him my wife's name and asked if she had stayed there also. After a brief consultation with the computer he announced that she had paid for the alternate Wednesdays and she had used our credit card. This may have been a mistake on her part that I thought could be to my advantage. She usually looked after our finances so maybe she thought she could slip it by. Slipping him another $50 I asked for a copy of the registrations for the six weeks and both parties. It only took him a few minutes to print off the information and give it to me.

"I expect they'll be back next week." I told him. "Will you to be on duty then?"

"Yes, I'm the regular swing shift desk."

"I'd like to get together with you later in the week to work something out with you that would be beneficial to both of us."

A plan was forming in my brain and I needed a couple of days to work out the details.

"I'll be here after six, Monday through Friday.." he told me.

"Good, I'll probably be back Friday." I told the clerk as I left hurriedly to get home before Grace. I didn't want her to suspect I might be on to her.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The next day I called the divorce attorney, Donna Sinclair, and told her what I'd suddenly discovered and asked her some questions about privacy laws. Then I called a private eye who specialized in electronic surveillance and made an appointment with him for that afternoon.

Friday evening I was back at the Best Western motel talking with the friendly desk clerk. My excuse to Grace for going out was to pick up some milk at the convenience store. When I got to the motel I told the clerk I wanted to rent a first floor room away from the office for a week. When my wife came in on Wednesday to pay and register for a room I wanted the clerk to give her a key to to the room I'd rented. After she left he was to give me the registration and credit card originals. He indicated he didn't have a problem with that since she was my wife using my room. I slipped him $100 and left.

Tuesday morning I took my work lunch break and met the surveillance expert at the motel. We went to the room I'd rented and he and showed him what I had in mind. He indicated he had done this type of surveillance before and pretty much knew what was required. He would hide two mini digital cameras in the room with the bed as the primary focus. One camera for closeup and the other to monitor the room. He would hide the transmitter in the closet behind some extra blankets. The system would be controlled by a remote that he could operate from his vehicle outside where the recorder was located. I left him to do his thing and went back to work.

Meanwhile, at home, I tried to act normally but it was hard when I thought about her adulterous behavior and how that psychiatrist had misled me. I was going to make my revenge just as devastating as possible to both of them. What was confusing to me was that Grace could hide her infidelity so well from me. She acted as though there was nothing else but home and work going on in her life. Actually, I thought, she acted the same way when she went with Clara. I never knew until some stress was put on her.

After Grace left for her appointment with the psychiatrist on Wednesday evening I watched on the tracker program as she repeated what had happened the week before. She picked up her lover and drove to the Best Western. Now, I just had to sit back and wait. I was pretending to be asleep when she got home so we didn't converse as she undressed and slid quietly into bed. I guess she didn't want to talk either.

The next morning I was up and gone from the house early, stopping for breakfast at IHOP before going into work. I had done this before on occasion so I didn't think it would alert Grace that anything was wrong. Shortly after 10 AM I got a call from my surveillance guy telling me he had the what I wanted on a DVD and asked if I wanted to come down to his office to see it first. Indicating I would, I left work with an excuse to my boss about personal business, and drove to his office.

The cameras revealed just what I hoped it would and with great clarity. Normally, watching two women making love would have been a turn-on but this time knowing who the participants were really enraged me. When the surveillance expert gave me his large bill I wrote a check for the entire amount with relish. I then took the DVD over to the divorce attorney and we watched it at her office together. She nodded her head when it was ended and said she thought it was a fine piece of work and totally sufficient for what she was going to do. I also gave her the copies of the motel reservation data.

I asked how long it would take to have Grace served with the divorce papers charging her with adultery and whether they could be served on her at her school. She indicated two days and for an extra cost she could be served right in her classroom. I told her to go for it. Then I asked about the psychiatrist. The attorney told me that she could be sued for alienation of affection but the big thing would to pursue having her medical license revoked on ethical grounds. She would have to bring charges against the psychiatrist to the state licensing board. We could also make the psychiatrist's husband aware of his wife's infidelity and see what he wanted to do. I asked if I could handle notifying the husband. The attorney suggested I give a copy of the DVD and the registration data. If they had an open marriage or the husband didn't think his wife making love with another woman was that important the matter could end there.

My attorney had copies of the DVD and registration data run off before I left her office and I went about the task to discover who the husband of the psychiatrist was while I waited for the papers to be served. It didn't take long but as I expected they weren't listed in the phone book so I had to look elsewhere. A friend who was a doctor did a little research on it for me through the local medical society and I quickly had a name, address and phone numbers for work and home. He was an architect with offices downtown. Rather then spoiling the surprise I was about to give to his wife and mine I decided to wait until after they were served to contact him.

The day finally came and my attorney called me at work the day before to let me know it would happen the following morning. I quickly made arrangements to have a friend with a truck at my house the next morning after Grace had left for work to help me move. I'd already rented a furnished apartment near my work. I was going to leave Grace the house to live in this time. I didn't want to live with things that reminded me of the 23 years of my life I was going to write off as a loss, except for our son.

I wanted to be out of the house with the few things I wanted before 10 o'clock because I figured she would not be able to stay at the school after she's been served and would be coming home quickly. We had the truck loaded by 9:45 and we were gone. I left my wedding band on the kitchen table before leaving. When we got to a furnished apartment I'd rented, my buddy helped move my meager belongings inside then wished me luck and left.

As I was putting stuff away my cell phone rang. Checking the caller ID I saw it was Grace and answered it.

"Jim, why did you do that? Why did you have me served in my class? I'm now the laughing stock of the school and will probably lose my job." she sobbed.

"If you wanted a divorce Grace, why didn't you tell me. You should have know there was no way I was going to let you cuckold me again. It would have been much simpler if you'd have told me you wanted a divorce to pursue your other interests and we could have separated amicably. You left me no other recourse but to make this as ugly as possible for you and your lover."

"My lover? What did you do?" she sobbed.

"After she's done answering my legal action against her for alienation of affection she'll be fighting to keep her license in the state and will probably end up divorced."

"Oh my god. My god."

"Grace I do not want you calling me again. If you have anything to say to me do it through the lawyers. I'll be calling our son tonight and letting him know what's going on with us and I'm not going to pull any punches. You have destroyed our marriage and our lives. I was looking forward to retirement with you someday but its all gone now. Maybe Ofrah will pay you to tell your story on her show." I had to get that dig in.

"Before we hang up," I continued, " Can you tell me why you took up with another woman again?"

"It wasn't supposed to happen. She called me one day after that meeting we had in her office and asked if I wanted to meet with her in the evenings at her office for consultation. She thought I might have a fixation on lesbianism. When we got together she suggested we act out some of the things I did with Clara and the next thing I knew I was hooked again. I'm so sorry.

Agena
Agena
1,222 Followers
12