What The Cat Dragged In Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*~*~*~*~*~*

Creed sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the clock. Five in the fucking morning and he was sitting there fully clothed while she was sleeping, stretched out and naked next to him. He should either get his ass back in bed or wake her up and ask her what he had to ask her.

That felt too much like drawing her into the dark part of his world. She deserved the opportunity though. Besides, he hadn't told her he was leaving yet.

He put his hand on her bare hip and rubbed until she woke up.

"What?" Her voice was a sleep-addled mumble.

"I need you to wake up, Frail."

He waited until she sat up and started reaching for the light before he turned it on.

"What time is it?" Her voice was clearer now.

"Little after five." He took her arm and pulled her closer.

She snuggled against his chest. Her skin was still warm from sleep. "You're leaving."

"Yeah. For a couple of days." He took a deep breath. "I need to know what you want."

She looked up at him. For a moment he thought she was going to answer. "Want...how?"

"What you want to happen to Cavallo and Stan."

Her eyes widened. "I can't! Even if I knew I couldn't tell you what to do!"

He shook his head. "That's part of it. I can fuck up both of them, drag it out for years or do it quick. If it ain't what you want though, then it don't mean shit." His fingers drifted through her hair.

She relaxed against him again. For a long moment, she was silent, then she looked up at him. "I want to talk to Stan."

That was something unexpected. "And then?"

"After I've said what I need to say, I don't really care as long as he never comes near me or my family ever again."

"Cavallo?"

"He's sick and useless. I don't want to have to look over my shoulder for him or his people." Creed felt her tremble. He pulled her closer, stroking her hair until she relaxed again. "How long will you be gone?"

"'Round four days." He stroked her cheek. She looked up at him. "Lights are fixed."

She smiled. "I know. Thank you."

From the tone of her voice, Creed knew she wasn't talking about the lights. He kissed her lightly, his lips playing with hers for a long moment. "Go back to sleep, frail."

"Want some breakfast before you go?" She did her best to make the question sound casual. He could smell how nervous she was.

He rubbed the back of her neck. "Nah. Too fucking early to eat. I'll get something on the road." He stayed where he was. "'Sides, you need your rest so you can finish your homework."

She gave a little groan. "I hate proofs."

"You hate proofs because you tell yourself you can't do 'em so you don't practice."

She sighed. "I promise I'll do it."

Creed kissed her, then got up and headed down the stairs.