What Was I Thinking? Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KarennaC
KarennaC
614 Followers

After we ate, we went back into the mall for a while. As we walked, we passed a cell phone kiosk. "Can I interest you in a cell plan?" the man called out.

I usually walked right past sales pitches, but Charles walked over to the kiosk. "What kind of plan?" he asked.

"Well, I could give you a phone for each member of your family here, with unlimited minutes and texting, for fifty-nine dollars a month."

I almost spoke up and corrected the man about us being a family, but Charles continued talking about the phones without correcting the misunderstanding. Anissa caught my eye and grinned; apparently she liked being mistaken for a family. Even Rosa didn't seem to mind. I kept my mouth shut and let my mind wander. Maybe someday, Charles would be part of our family.

What was I thinking? I hadn't known Charles long enough to think that way. But watching him with my daughters, remembering how well he'd treated me, it was easy to fantasize.

We walked around a little longer, then Charles said, "I have to hit the road. Thank you all for an enjoyable evening."

"Thank you for dinner," I said. I nudged each girl and they echoed my thanks. Charles had paid for all of us while I wasn't looking.

"No problem at all," Charles said. "It was my pleasure."

He walked us to my car. Rosa balked at getting in, but I finally opened her door and counted to three. She was inside with the door shut before I finished saying the last number, though we could hear her yelling. "Overtired, I think," I said. "Sorry."

"That's all right."

"It was really nice of you to take us all out."

Charles put his arms around me. "It was my pleasure."

He pressed his lips against mine. Our tongues parted our lips. As we kissed, Charles moved his hands over my body, but was mindful of the kids in the car and didn't touch anywhere inappropriate. Or anywhere I wanted him to. I almost wished the kids weren't there; I would have dragged him to his truck and fulfilled what we'd IMed about if they hadn't been.

After a few moments, Rosa's yells turned to screams and I broke the kiss. "I think I'd better get her home. Thanks again."

"You're welcome." He kissed the tip of my nose. "I'll call you later. And just think, there's only a week till the holiday party."

"I can't wait. I found a dress."

"Tell me about it when I call. Bye, sexy."

"Bye."

He walked away, and I got into the car. As soon as I got in, Rosa stopped yelling. "I don't like him," she said. "He teased too much."

"He teased us because he likes us," Anissa said. "Just like Papa does. Right, Mom?"

"Right."

"Well, I don't like him," Rosa repeated. "He's an evil boyfriend thing."

"Yes, he is my boyfriend."

"Mom's got a boyfriend, Mom's got a boyfriend," Anissa chanted.

I smiled all the way home. Not only had Charles taken my kids out to dinner with us, but he actually seemed to like them. And Anissa, at least, liked him. Things were getting better than I'd ever thought they would. So I ignored the little twinge of "something's not right" that I kept feeling.

KarennaC
KarennaC
614 Followers