What You See is What You Get

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex De Kok
Alex De Kok
1,364 Followers

Anne flushed. "She overrates me."

Tad shook his head. "She underrates you, Anne. You are lovely. Remember, I've seen you naked." He grinned. "And I'd like to see you again. Come with me to the beach tomorrow?"

Anne gazed at him for a moment, but the idea had appealed to her instantly. She nodded. "I'd like that. Yes."

"What time, and where do I collect you?"

"Say, ten? The address is 2720 Holly. Kitty will tell you how to find it, or you can walk me home tonight."

"Deal!" Tad looked around. "I've monopolized you, I think. We'd better mingle for a while."

Dinner was fun, casual, tasty. Steaks and burgers, salad, bread rolls, wine. Good company, too, because Kitty was a good judge of character and the mix suited everyone. Too soon, almost, nearing midnight, the guests were saying their goodbyes. Anne had brought a light wrap, as the summer evening was warm, and slipped it around her shoulders. There was a touch on her arm and she turned.

"Going somewhere? Without me?"

"If you want to walk me home, let's go. Or I can phone for my Uncle Joe to collect me."

"A breath of fresh air, and more of your delightful company? Sorry, Uncle Joe; you lose. Lead the way, lovely lady."

"I'll just say goodbye to Tom and Kitty."

Outside, they paused. "Which way?" said Tad.

"Left."

Tad reached out, took her right arm and tucked it into his, and they set off, the pace easy by unspoken consent.

"Tad?"

"Yes?"

"May I ask a personal question?"

"You can ask. I may not answer. What was it?"

Anne hesitated for a moment, but she needed to know. "Kitty mentioned a wife, but I don't think she meant to, she changed the subject very quickly and I wasn't going to press it." She paused. "I like you, Tad, I enjoy being with you."

"But you don't want any specters?"

"I suppose that's it. You know I have an ex-husband." She chuckled. "You were going to break his arm for me."

"Yes, I was, wasn't I." Tad paused. "I was married, yes. Her name was Helen, my childhood sweetheart. We married after I graduated from college, just before I joined the Air Force. and we spent our early married life in a series of rented trailers, but we were happy. We'd celebrated our third wedding anniversary and I got posted out to the Middle East. I'd been there a day, when I was told that Helen had been killed by a drunk driver."

"Oh, Tad! I'm so sorry. If I'd known I'd never have asked about her." She squeezed Tad's arm. "I feel terrible now."

"No. Don't. That was six years ago, and I think I'd been going around numb inside. Then I saw you, and I think I've started to melt."

"You're joking!"

"Only a little. While we're out in the dark, and faces are hard to read, what about you? Your marriage?"

They walked in silence for a few yards. Anne took a deep breath. "My marriage didn't last even half as long as yours. It ended just before our first anniversary, when I came home early and found him in bed with another woman, but it was on the rocks after the first few months."

"Dare I ask, why?"

"Don's a control freak. He wanted to control every aspect of my life, even down to telling me what to wear, in explicit detail. It never showed before we married, I thought he was just strict, like he is with the kids he coaches, but we hadn't been married long when it began to show. I'm stubborn, I wouldn't knuckle under and he set out to destroy me, mentally. When I came out here last summer, I was a wreck emotionally, but I was out from under." Anne paused. "I think Aunt Margaret may have saved my life, or at least my sanity, by taking me to Hay Cove."

"Now that may be the most intriguing hook I have ever heard anyone use in a conversation," said Tad, and she could hear the smile in his voice.

Anne laughed. "It's true! Once she got me onto the beach, and I could see how natural everyone was, and when I got up the courage to strip myself naked and let the world see me, see the real me, I began to heal. Like Aunt Margaret said, there's no power dressing on a nude beach, no artifice. What you see is what you get."

"In your case, Anne, well worth having."

"Whoa, buster, slow down!"

Tad laughed. "Sorry. That might have been better phrased."

"It was almost the end of my holiday when I realized that a lot of the looks I was getting weren't pity, weren't derisory, but that some of them were honest admiration, well, it was only then that I think I really started to heal. The me of this time last year could no more have said, 'fuck off, asshole' to Don than swear out loud in church." Anne chuckled. "I still couldn't swear in church."

"I should think not. I'm pleased that I met this year's model, because I suspect I'd have been wary of last year's, but the girl I saw on the beach, she was magnificent. I've never seen anyone, man or woman, stand up to that kind of aggression, that unthinking malice, as well as you did."

"I was mad."

"No kidding? I was mad, too."

"Could you have taken him?"

"Your ex? No problem. It was the four college boys with him that might have got me hurt. Just as well Gary was there."

"God, yes! I'd hate you to get hurt on my account."

"For you it would be worth it." Anne looked across at him, startled, but there seemed only conviction in his tone. She drew him to a halt, indicating the house beside them.

"We're here."

"Gonna ask me in for a coffee?" Tad indicated the window. "The light's on, so they're either waiting up for you or have left a beacon to guide you home. I'd like to meet them."

"And if they've gone to bed?"

"I get to kiss you goodnight in private, safe indoors."

"Kiss me goodnight, eh?"

He shrugged. "I always thought it was usual, you know, in the man-woman thing." His very tone was a tease, and Anne couldn't help laughing.

"Come on, then, let's find out."

"Whether they're still up, or how well I kiss?"

"Both."

'Very well' was the answer to the second question, about a half hour later. Margaret and Joe had still been up, but 'on our way to bed' they'd said. They had greeted Tad as a friend, explaining to Anne that they'd met him on a previous visit he'd made. They'd made coffee, chatted for ten or fifteen minutes, then discreetly left Anne and Tad alone.

"They're nice people, your aunt and uncle," said Tad.

Anne smiled. "I know."

"Of course you do." He took her hand, squeezing her fingers. "I still want to kiss you."

"Oh, yes?" she said, fighting a smile.

"Definitely, yes."

"You need to be closer, then."

"How close?" he said, moving nearer on the couch. "That close?" he said, as his arm went around her shoulders and he drew her towards him.

"Closer," she whispered, just before their lips met.

Anne woke next morning with a smile on her face, remembering Tad's kisses the night before. Gentle at first, they'd warmed, and the heat had been mutual. Tad was the first man Anne had kissed, apart from 'party kisses', since before her divorce, because she was still hurting from Don's cruelty. Yes, and vicious stupidity. But Tad? Tad seemed altogether different, nicer, more - what? Human? She laughed to herself. Yes!

She liked Tad, no doubt. Would she resist if he made a move on her? Probably not. It was almost a year and a half since she'd had any sex, and she was a woman who'd enjoyed it, a lot, before Don had tried to destroy her.

There was a knock on her bedroom door, and she pulled the sheet up to cover herself. Margaret and Joe were familiar with how she looked naked, but still, bedroom was different.

"Yes?"

The door opened and Margaret's smiling face appeared. "I don't know if you heard the phone before, but it was Todd. He has to make a short business trip, and he'd like to take Julie, so he asked if Joe and I would look after the kids for a couple of days. We'll be back on Thursday. Will you be okay here by yourself? I know you have friends here now, so I don't feel too guilty about leaving you."

"I'll be fine, Aunt Margaret. You and Uncle Joe go and spoil your grandchildren, and give them all a big hug and kiss from me. I plan on seeing them all on my way home, anyway."

"We'll be leaving at about ten. Have you any plans for the day?"

"Nothing special. Tad's collecting me to go to the beach, but apart from that, no."

"There's plenty of food in the house if you want to feed him. I know what a good cook you are." Margaret paused. "You like him?"

Anne smiled. "Yes, I like him a lot."

"We do, too. He and Joe got on really well when we met him earlier in the year, when he was here on leave. Has he said anything about his plans for the future, or am I being a little too nosy, too soon?"

"A little. If I find out, I'll let you know, okay?"

"Okay, hon. You take your shower, and I'll start breakfast."

In the shower, Anne let her thoughts wander. What would she do if Tad tried to get intimate? Encourage him, she decided. It had been a long time since she got laid and she'd welcome a nice sweaty bout of horizontal calisthenics. She began to hum, cheerful.

Tad was on time, just as Margaret and Joe were getting ready to leave, and raised his brows in surprise.

"Leaving us?" he said, smiling, giving Anne a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Only until Thursday. Grandchildren-sitting, while Todd and Julie grab a few days by themselves."

"Sounds like fun."

Margaret smiled, then sobered. "Tad?"

"Yes?"

"Look after Anne for us, please?"

Tad's grin faded, and he nodded. "You have my word."

"We'll get ourselves away, then. Have fun, you two, and we'll see you on Thursday."

Margaret gave Anne a hug, and a kiss on the cheek, and she got the same from her uncle while Margaret hugged Tad. A couple of minutes later they waved the older couple off.

"Penny for them?" said Tad.

Anne laughed. "Wondering what to cook you for dinner, actually. You will dine with me, won't you?"

Tad smiled. "Of course, but let's leave you cooking for me until tomorrow. Tonight, I have reserved a table for two at Dante's, for eight o'clock. For now, get what you need, lock up, and let's hit the beach. I want to see you naked again!" He growled, and Anne giggled.

"Down, boy! Two minutes."

The day was relaxed, fun. Sunning, talking, swimming, talking, eating, talking, and sometimes just talking. By the end of the day Anne felt as if she had known Tad for years, and she was certain that if he made the slightest move, she was going to cooperate fully.

"I'll take you home now," said Tad, around six. "Relax without me for a while, have a shower and dress for dining out. Informal. Nothing too elegant, or you'll put me to shame. I have nice clothes with me, but nothing dressy."

"Tad, I'm on holiday, remember? I only have holiday clothes with me."

Tad wiped his brow in exaggerated mock relief. "Saved!"

"Idiot!"

He grinned, unrepentant. "Come on, let's hit the changing rooms."

Back at Aunt Margaret's, showering, Anne mentally reviewed her wardrobe. The dress she'd worn the previous evening would need cleaning, but she had another light summer dress, so she'd wear that. The black bra and panties, she decided, particularly so as they seemed to be made from black cobwebs, and would be nice for Tad to discover. No hose, and the strappy sandals from the previous evening. She reckoned she'd made the right choice when Tad smiled with pleasure when she opened the door to him.

"Ready?"

"Yep," she said, smiling. "Hungry, too."

"It's all that sea air, gives you an appetite."

Yes, she thought, it does, and not just for food. She'd tried hard, she'd tried very hard, but when a girl spends all day with a naked man, and the equipment on show looks good, it's difficult not to look, and to wonder how it would look when it was hard, or how it would feel going into a girl's pussy. Hopefully, she'd find out. Tonight. Aloud, she said. "Yes, it does. I've never been to Dante's before. What's it like?"

"Small, crowded, and noisy, but the food is superb."

"I'm intrigued."

"So lock up, and let's go."

Dante's was just as Tad said, small, crowded and noisy, but both the crowd and the noise level were reduced when Don and the footballers with him left, probably just before they were thrown out, Anne guessed. They were greeted with beaming smiles from the staff, and shown to a quiet corner table, where the 'reserved' sign was whisked away and huge menus placed before them.

"Good to see you again, Major," said the waiter. "Can I get you anything to drink while you're choosing?"

"Anne? Wine with the meal?"

"Please."

"Something now?"

"Mineral water?"

"Two mineral waters, please."

"At once, sir." And it seemed almost that quick. Anne got the distinct impression that this had been a regular haunt of Tad's in the past, and that the staff were going out of their way to please him, but quite why she had no idea. Only one way to find out.

"Tad?"

"Yes?"

"You've been here before, right?"

"Yeah, a couple of times."

"Why are the staff going out of their way for us?"

"Are they? I hadn't noticed."

"Bullshit."

Tad's eyebrows rose and he grinned. "Not very ladylike, Anne." The smile went. "First time I was here, I stopped a scuffle. Some hophead had decided that Anna Maria would look better with his knife stuck somewhere in her anatomy, if they didn't hand over the takings."

"Anna Maria?"

"Boss man's daughter-in-law. At the cash register, behind the desk."

"Ah." Anne looked across. A lovely dark-haired girl, obviously pregnant, and blooming. "And?" she said, turning back to Tad.

"I took the knife off him."

"Just like that?"

"Pretty much."

"Explains the service."

Tad shrugged. "I guess."

Anne laughed. "I'm never quite sure what to make of you, Major McCann."

Tad shook his head. "Plain Mister now, as far as I'm concerned. Tad to you, of course."

"Of course."

"So, what are we having?"

Two hours later, they left the restaurant, having enjoyed a superb meal. Anne wasn't quite sure what she'd been eating, except that as Tad had promised, the food was beyond compare. They were nearing Tad's car when he drew her to a halt. "Trouble," he said, as Don and his footballers stepped out from behind a panel truck.

"We have unfinished business," said Don.

"Get the hell out of my life, you bastard," said Anne.

"Watch your mouth, bitch," said the same youth who'd bad-mouthed Anne at the beach.

"Easy, Chuck," said Don. "The bitch and I have a history. She's forgotten her manners."

Anne was about to say something, although she hadn't worked out quite what, when Tad touched her arm. "Easy, Anne, your dick-brained ex-husband obviously has an agenda. Let's find out what it is."

"Simple, big mouth. Me and the boys are gonna teach you a lesson."

"Hey, what do you mean, coach?" said the same youngster who had looked worried at the beach. "You said you wanted to talk to this guy, that was all."

"What's the matter, Dave? Too much for you?" said sneer-face, Chuck.

"Yes, it's too much. Talk, fine, but four onto one is out."

"You wanna keep your place on the team, you watch out, Dave," said Don.

"If this is what you're really like, I want no part of any team that you run," said Dave. "Mister," he said to Tad, "you want help, say so."

"It's okay, son. there are only four of them. Take yourself off."

"I'll call the cops," Dave warned.

"Don't do that, son," said Tad. "It would spoil the fun." Anne was watching Don, for of the others, he worried her most, because she'd experienced his temper at first hand, and she saw a flicker on his face at Tad's words. Doubt? Probably not, he was too self-confident. Reappraisal, certainly.

"You ready for your lesson, big mouth?" said Don.

"Any time," said Tad. "Anne, stand clear, love. I need room."

"Okay, boys," said Don. He moved forward, one of his 'boys' on one side, two on the other, spreading out to encircle Tad.

"Freeze," said a new voice. "First one that moves gets arrested." Anne looked around, startled, to see a young woman behind her. Dark-haired, slender, the newcomer had an air of quiet competence about her.

"Who the fuck are you?" said Don.

The woman shook her head. "Naughty. 'Who the fuck are you, officer', if you please. Detective Kowalski, Hay County PD."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. If you have a beef with this man, take it away and discuss it. If I see the four of you make any move I'll arrest you."

"Detective?" said Tad.

"Yes?" said Kowalski.

"If it was one to one?"

"I'd be tempted to watch," she said.

"Hear that?" said Tad to Don.

"I heard. Okay boys, back to the hotel. Dave? Pack, you're out."

"Watch my dust. I'm outta here." The four youths left the little group alone, three heading one way, Dave in the opposite direction, without a backward glance.

"Ready for your lesson, asshole?" said Don.

"Any time."

Afterwards, Anne tried to work out what had happened, but it had all been too quick. All she knew was that Don had moved forward fast, and swung at Tad, who wasn't there. Anne was sure she'd seen a kick, but it was too fast for her, and a quick hand strike, and Don was on the ground, unconscious. Kowalski bent over him, then stood, nodding.

"Out cold. Nice work, Tad."

"Thanks, Kathy. Tim not with you?"

Kowalski laughed. "Catching up on paperwork. He's meeting me here in, um, ten minutes."

"Anne, meet Kathy Kowalski. I met Kathy last year, first time I ever used the beach. She was undercover," said Tad, laughing. "Kathy, Anne Jens."

"Hi," said Anne. "Nice timing." She was wondering, how the heck did a cop go undercover on a nude beach?

"Pure chance," said Kowalski, "but when I see four onto one, I take notice." She grinned. "I knew what Tad was capable of, because he gave a couple of lessons to some of us at the PD."

"Lessons?" said Anne.

"Unarmed combat," said Tad. "I did duty tours in Japan and Korea. It would be silly not to take advantage of the unarmed combat they teach, wouldn't it?"

"Yes, I guess it would," said Anne, laughing.

"What about him?" said Tad, indicating the unconscious Don.

"I'll wait until he comes to, then give him a lecture and send him on his way. Who is he, anyway?" said Kowalski.

"My ex-husband," said Anne. "Don Cheen. I think he must be in town for some football occasion, as he's the coach for the football team at the college where I teach. I didn't recognise the boys, but as I said to Tad, I tend not to get football jocks for Medieval and Elizabethan poetry, or creative writing."

Kowalski laughed. "I guess not. You two get going. It looks like sleeping beauty is waking. Good to meet you, Anne."

"You too."

They were quiet in the car heading back to the house, neither feeling the need to speak, until Anne sighed. "Thanks, Tad."

"For?"

"The lesson you gave Don."

"I doubt it registered. Be careful back home, Anne. I suspect he nurses grudges."

"He does, but enough of him. Tonight is for us!"

"And what are we going to do with it?" said Tad, his tone neutral.

"What would you like to do?" said Anne, an excitement building in her.

"Me?"

"Yes. You. Who else is in this car?"

"What I'd like to do will probably get me my face slapped."

"Oh, yes? And it is?"

"Take you to bed and make love to you all night."

"Oh, my. You have that sort of endurance?"

"I don't know, but I'd like to try."

"You would, would you?"

"Yes, I would."

"Okay."

There was a pause. "Sorry?"

"I said, okay."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely. I'm wet just thinking about it."

Tad groaned. "Don't say another word, not until I get you home."

Anne giggled. "Why not?"

"Because if I let myself think about it, I won't be able to walk when we get there, because of the obstruction in my pants, never mind the one in my breathing."

"We can't have that, can we?" Anne began to hum quietly to herself, a look of innocence on her face. Tad groaned again as he recognised 'The Stripper', but when Anne glanced across at him he grinned and blew her a kiss.

Alex De Kok
Alex De Kok
1,364 Followers