What's a Girl To Do? Ch. 01

Story Info
She loves both, but which will she choose?
4.1k words
4.13
14.5k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thump...thump...thump." My fingers tapped out a steady rhythm, which was muffled by the heavy white tablecloth. My eyes took in the expensive restaurant; crystal wine glasses, intricate silver ware, along with hand-carved figures decorating the walls in rich mahogany wood. I had already been to the bathroom where instead of stalls, separate little bathrooms lined the wall, and an attendant had handed me a towel after washing my hands. I shook my head as the waiter approached me once again asking, "Can I get you something to drink madam?" What in the world was I doing here?

Devon was ten minutes late, and I briefly considered leaving. What the hell did he want, bringing me to this expensive restaurant and telling me only to dress in my best? My thoughts wandered as I thought I spied a celebrity sitting at a table across the room from me, but I tried not to get excited about it. After all, I would probably be kicked out if I did something as stupid as ask for an autograph.

Warm hands clasped over my bare shoulders and I felt Devon's baby-smooth face brush mine as he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, gorgeous," he greeted me and made his way to sit down in the chair opposite from me. "I'm sorry I'm late," he grinned and as I took him in, I arched an eyebrow. He was dressed to the nines, something that I had never seen him do before in over a year of friendship. His simple suit showed off the muscular cut of his body, and the tie that hung from his neck only emphasized the square line of his jaw. His short black hair was wet and slicked back; his brown skin fairly sparkled and I had to admit, he looked sharp.

"What are we doing here, Devon?" I finally asked, my heart beating a little quicker at the sight of him. There was movement in the corner of my eye and I looked up to find the zealous waiter standing once again at our table.

"Can I get you something now madam? Sir?"

"Could you bring us a bottle of your finest wine?" asked Devon, his voice dripping with honey.

"Very good, sir." The waiter whisked away to do his bidding. I simply stared at Devon. "What the hell?" I thought.

"Devon," I said, drawing his attention back to me because he too had been looking around the room, his eyes immediately fastening on the celebrity across the way. "What..."

"We're just having dinner, Ali. I know I haven't done anything special for you and you've been so nice to me." His soft brown eyes locked with mine and he smiled. "That's true." I thought. Even though we were technically just friends, I had given Devon a gold bracelet with his name engraved in it for his birthday and a gold watch for Christmas. The list of trinkets I had given him went on and on, and I had been a little pissed that I had never once gotten anything in return. But I reminded myself that we were only friends, friends with benefits of course, but he wasn't my boyfriend.

The waiter returned shortly with our requested bottle of wine, but I was so nervous I didn't even feel like drinking. "Would you like to order, or shall I return later?" asked the waiter as he uncorked the bottle of wine and poured a generous amount into both of our glasses.

"I'll have the lamb, with the French cut green beans." Devon said, ordering as if he'd been to the restaurant several times. His voice had taken on a haughty quality as his eyes scrutinized the waiter. "And my lady will have..."

I looked at Devon, my mouth hanging open for a moment before I snapped it closed. My lady? Since when? I had looked over the menu while waiting for Devon and most of the food was too fancy for my taste. "I'll just take the steak dinner, with mashed potatoes. Do those come with gravy?" I asked. "Because I'd like mine with just butter, please." The waiter nodded at me and hurried away from our table once again.

I lowered my voice and bombarded Devon with questions. "Since when am I your lady? And how are you paying for this? The bathrooms alone in this place are fit for a king. What the hell is going on?" He worked at a fish market, for Christ's sake, and unless someone had bought millions of dollars worth of fish, I didn't see how he could afford this on his small salary.

A short burst of laughter escaped his throat, and his brown eyes danced with some new found happiness. "You so nosy, Ali," he laughed and brought his hand to rest on mine that was lying on the table. "I was going to wait till afterwards to tell you everything, but I can tell your not gonna be happy until you've completely ruined the surprise." I said nothing, but cocked my eyebrow at him again. His hand snaked back to his side and he reached into his suit pocket, withdrawing a small package. He set it on the table at my fingertips and said, "Go ahead, open it."

Looking suspiciously at him, I brought the package closer to me, and proceeded to unwrap it. From the size and shape, I could tell it was a jewelry box, but until I actually opened it, I wouldn't know what kind of jewelry it contained. I took the cover off the little red box and placed it gently on the table; my palm opened as I turned the box upside down to shake out the red velvet case that lay within. Devon was looking at me intensely, clearly hoping that I would like his present, and I smiled a little at him as I opened the lid.

"Oh my god!" I gasped as I saw the perfection of two, huge sparkling diamond earrings nestled in the white silkiness of the case. I had quite a few diamond earrings in my collection, but they were a pittance compared to the monsters that lay within the box. My jaw was hanging open and I shut it with a click of my teeth as I looked up to him. "What are these for?" I breathed in admiration. I bit back the second question that was racing around my mind, "How did you afford these?"

He drew back his chair, and stood, long legs bringing him quickly to my side of the table and he knelt beside me, taking my hand. I held my breath at his position, praying that this wasn't what it looked like. I could already feel the warm stares of nearby patrons as they watched the little scene unfolding in front of them.

"Ali," he began taking a deep breath. "I know we're just friends."

"Friends with benefits," I corrected in a low voice.

"Yea," he said with a sheepish smile before continuing. "But I really, really like you, and I wanted to know if you would be my girlfriend." I gasped as he finished the sentence, my mind already rushing with thoughts. It felt like yesterday that I had met him, that we had fooled around in the back seat of his car, and agreed to be fuck buddies as long as both of us were single. I remembered wanting more, but having a discussion with him in which he crushed my hopes of us ever being together. He liked our fuck buddy relationship and didn't see the need to move it along to anything more serious. Now, here he was, "proposing" that we be boyfriend and girlfriend and begin a serious relationship. What the hell?

"I...I...," I stammered, unsure of what to say.

"Just say yes, Ali. I promise to make up for the year that I spent caring more about myself than I did about you. I just realized yesterday that I'm completely in love with you, and I want you to be my girl."

His candy sweet words melted my heart. "Yes," I said reaching up to wrap my hands around his neck, even though somewhere in the back of my mind there was a nagging voice screaming "no!"

The tables around us exploded in cheers and applause as I hugged him and I realized they probably thought he had proposed marriage. Devon encircled my waist with his strong arms and pulled me up from my chair. "This is my girl and I love her!" he announced to the whole restaurant, and I saw smiles from the couples around us. I didn't have the heart to ruin the moment, so I played along as if we were getting married.

Devon drew me closer to him; his hands pressed against the small of my back, and brought his lips against mine. I opened my mouth to him and we kissed for a moment, bringing a renewed round of cheers and applause from the audience. We broke the kiss, and I smiled shyly. I felt like a queen.

Devon drew my chair back a little for me and I sat, a light blush creeping across my cheeks. The restaurant, which had been rather quiet before, was now abuzz with conversation punctuated by looks at us. As Devon took a seat in his chair again, the waiter was bringing us our food. Devon smiled at me continuously, like the Cheshire Cat.

"Ms. Roberts offers her congratulations and has graciously paid for your dinner," the waiter said, raising a finger to indicate the woman sitting at the table across the room. She had turned to face us completely now and I saw that it was indeed Julia Roberts. She nodded to us, and I mouthed, "Thank you so much." She smiled and returned to her meal.

The whole evening was magical. Devon talked happily with me as we ate and remembered specific events in our time together as friends. He assured me that things would only get better now that we were together. "So when are you going to tell Rob?" he asked, and the beauty of the moment was spoiled.

Rob was my other friend with benefits, the nice guy who at first went unnoticed, but had comforted me throughout numerous heartbreaks. Suddenly, I was confused. I had feelings for Rob, but now I was with Devon. "But Rob doesn't like me anyways," I thought and decided that it was time to end our relationship, since I had finally found a boyfriend.

"I'll tell him tomorrow," I informed Devon and took the last bite of my steak, savoring the delicious flavor.

"Would you like dessert?" the waiter asked as he cleared our plates.

"I'm so full," I laughed. "I don't think I could eat another bite." Devon agreed and the waiter left us saying, "Have a nice evening then." I was about to ask about the bill, but then remembered that it had already been paid. "Let's go thank her," I said to Devon, pointing to Julia Roberts.

After collecting my purse and putting the earrings deep inside of it, Devon started to make his way across the room, closing the distance between our table and hers as fast as my legs would let him. Never once did he let go of my hand and we arrived with a flourish at her table, probably looking the part of a dazed couple about to plunge into marriage.

"I just wanted to thank you for your generosity," Devon began, extending his hand towards her. They shook hands and he brought the back of her hand to his lips, planting a light kiss on it. She smiled and said, "What a gentleman; I hope you both will be very happy together."

"Thank you," I said, shaking her hand as well. "No kiss?" she asked, her eyes shining merrily, and all three of us broke into laughter. I made a little show of kissing the back of her hand as Devon had, and that brought further laughter.

"Well, we'll let you get back to your dinner then, thanks again," I said. "I'll let you get to whatever you're going to do next," she smiled at me and winked. We shared a final laugh and Devon put his arm around my waist, escorting me into the spacious lobby of the restaurant. We handed our tickets to the coat checker, and waited for him to bring us our coats, which must have stood out like sore thumbs as he returned a second later. Devon helped me on with mine and we walked outside to hand our tickets to the valet parking people.

"Your place or mine?" I said dreamily, turning to face him and rubbing my hands up and down his back underneath his suit coat. I hoped the perfect night would end with perfect sex.

"Your place," he said brushing his soft lips against my cheek. "Go home and wait for me; I have to get something from my house, but I'll be right over, ok?" I nodded although it felt odd to have him run home after the perfect night we had just shared. "You look so sexy," he breathed into my ear. "Don't change, ok?" I nodded again happily as valet service finally brought up our cars and parked his behind mine.

Devon lived close to me and his headlights behind me flashed in my rearview mirror. I heard him beep as he turned the corner towards his apartment and I smiled, continuing straight to my apartment ahead a little ways further. I pulled into the parking ramp adjacent and slowly made my way to my appointed parking spot. Humming happily, I got out and walked to the building door.

Soon I was safe and warm inside my apartment, and I rushed around pulling out some candles and setting them next to the bed. I wanted everything to be perfect for me and Devon's first night together as a couple. I made the bed, and tossed some extra pillows on to make it look prettier. When I was satisfied with my work, I stretched out on the couch and turned on the TV, flicking through the channels until I found an interesting movie. My eyes jumped to the clock now and then, hoping it wouldn't take him too long.

20 minutes passed, then 30. "Where the hell is he?" I wondered and reached for my cell phone that was buried in the depths of my purse. I quickly dialed Devon's number and let it ring, but no answer. 45 minutes passed and I tried his cell again, but to no avail. "What an ass," I thought, as I hugged a pillow to my body. I got up and went into my room; the long candles I had lit earlier had now burned down to half the size. Sighing sadly, I blew out the candles and returned to my place on the couch, only to jump up again when I heard a knock on the door.

I looked through the peephole and seeing that it was indeed Devon I opened the door angrily. "Where the hell have you been?" I questioned but he just rushed through the door, shutting and locking it tightly behind him.

"I'm sorry, Ali," he said looking sadly down at me. My anger subsided for a moment as I took in his disheveled appearance. The shoes that had been shiny earlier were now scuffed and caked with mud. His suit coat was gone, and his tie hung haphazardly to one side. His once slicked back hair now stood up in straight spikes. "I didn't mean to ruin our night."

"What the hell happened?" I asked critically, folding my arms over my chest, as he took off his filthy shoes. He made no answer, but instead bent to kiss me, his soft lips pressing against mine. One of his hands moved to me waist, drawing me closer to him and the other hand found my breast beneath my black dress and lightly caressed it. My anger subsided, the incident temporarily forgotten as he began to push me slowly and gently towards my bedroom.

His tongue moistened my lips and I parted them, allowing him to slip into my mouth. Our tongues played passionately while my hands pulled at his shirt, slipping it out of the waistband of his pants. My fingertips brushed his warm, sweaty skin lightly and I felt him shiver at my touch; his mouth pulled back from mine as he turned and led me into the bedroom.

His warm brown eyes shimmered like jewels as he looked lovingly at me and bent to the hem of my dress, slowly peeling it up my body. I lifted my arms for him and he tossed the dress aside, his eyes already roaming my nearly naked body. I hadn't worn a bra, because it would have shown, and he lifted his hands to cup my round breasts. "God Ali," he said, his breath catching in his throat. "I've seen you naked so many times, but there's just something about you being my girlfriend that makes it even better tonight."

His fingertips stroked over my already hardening nipples and he bent his head to draw one of them into his moist mouth. I moaned with pleasure and anticipation of what was to come as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He moved to the other nipple and inhaled the little nub of flesh, the warmth of his breath serving to make me more aroused than I already was.

I pulled at his shirt again, lifting it up his back, and he stopped sucking my nipple long enough to unbutton it. His tie was loose and he took it off quickly, let me take it off his shirt completely, flinging it aside. His bare chest pressed into my aching nipples as his mouth fused with mine once again. I could feel myself beginning to sweat as the heat from our bodies pressed together surrounded us, urging us to take our passions to the next level.

His fingers tangled in my hair, caressing the back of my head as he kissed me, and I drew my hands down his washboard stomach, finding the button of his pants. His straining shaft was already pushing against me and as I undid his pants and tried to slide them down his muscled legs, I brought his boxers too. His hardness pressed into my stomach as we fell onto the bed, him struggling to kick off his pants and boxers, and still massaging my tongue with his.

Finally, he broke the kiss and lifted his body off mine; pulling my panties down my legs, while staring at my already moistened pussy. I was glad I had shaved earlier as he bent between my legs, spreading them wider and I felt his hot breath against my thighs. I moaned as his fingers spread my pussy lips and ran a finger over my aching clit. A moment later, I felt his tongue on my clit and I gasped, pleasantly surprised. In all the time we had been "friends", Devon had never once ate me out, although he often asked me to suck him off. Amazingly, here he was now, his tongue lashing frantically at my clit, one finger beginning to slide into my now dripping slit.

I whimpered as he continued his assault on my throbbing clit, now sliding two fingers, than three deep inside of me and making an upwards motion. "Oh god, Devon, that feels so good, please don't stop," I cried as a wave of pleasure seized me. It felt as if his tongue was making circles around my clit and my whole body shuddered, slowly making its way towards climax. His tongue must have gotten tired, because he switched to sucking my clit into his mouth between his teeth, which made me jerk in a pleasure-filled pain. "Oh god," I moaned again as he switched to using his tongue again. My hands held tightly to my comforter as I felt the tide of pleasure sweeping through my body, my pussy bucked up into his face and I struggled to keep my legs from clamping too tightly around his head. I moaned breathily as I felt my pussy clench around his fingers and then as they slid out of me, his tongue replaced them lapping up all my wetness.

He brought his head up from between my legs to rest his chin on my stomach and smiled up at me, his chin shiny with my juices. "Was that good?" he asked breathily and I shook my head 'yes'. "I've never done that to a woman before," he said kissing his way up my stomach, and I knew it was true. He had always been rather selfish.

His tongue flicked at my nipples before he brought his head up to my mouth, kissing me, our saliva mixing with my juices. It was erotically romantic to share a kiss with him after his first time of eating someone out. I was glad that someone was me.

His hard cock was now pressing against my thigh, and I noted that it felt thicker and harder than before. "I love you, Devon." He kissed me once more before sliding his thick rod easily into me. He raised himself off my body and began to pound into me, filling my cup over and over again, as I writhed excitedly underneath him.

We began a frantic rhythm; I lifted my hips to meet his body as he thrusted himself inside of me and soon I was nearly bouncing up to meet him as he pushed me into the springy mattress. Our bodies made a loud slapping noise as we consummated our passions, punctuated by the squeaking of the bedsprings and the moans coming from both of us. I held tightly to his strong forearms, my nails digging into his flesh a little, as he brought me closer and closer to the brink of pleasure.

"I'm going to cum," he groaned and I concentrated for a moment, feeling his cock jerk and twitch inside of me. I clamped my muscles around it, delaying the explosion for a moment and he continued to thrust into me hard, the way he knows I like it. He brought his hands off the bed to pinch my nipples and that simple movement threw me over the edge. My body jerked and shuddered, my hips raised off the bed, and I felt him cumming deep inside of me as he slowed his strokes just a tad and threw back his head, both of us groaning ecstatically.

12