When Good Men Do Nothing

Story Info
...is that evil enough?
887 words
4.38
4.2k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When good men do nothing, is that evil enough?

Fore warned is fore armed;

In the history of recorded time regarding humans,

We learn that only the few have ever rushed into danger to address true evil.

And as the brave few will always shy away form the public lime light and notoriety, it is important to always remember they are always there in times of crises, peril & need.

We face evil everyday of your lives; it may be the face of your grocery clerk, your gas station attendant, and the person walking opposite you on the street.

It might be a smile at the library or museum, a smiling face at your place of employment even at your place of worship.

Always hiding, masking and conveyance of illusions to connive confuse and covert their true attention but make no mistake, evil is always there!

You will hear many theories, predictions and points of view on the "Mass Shooting Theater incident in Colorado"

What you may not hear is being fore warned and fore armed to protect yourself from possible harm against whatever situation that you may face in the future like this.

Many will second-guess about the decisions of the past but few will offer a path of positive future.

Always have the presents of mind while being outside & resist being in preoccupation of self-absorption while being outside.

In other words always pay attention to your surroundings.

In a world where evil stare's you in the face day by day, it is not always important to attempt to recognize who's who at any given moment.

What is important is attuning yourself to who you are and how you address adverse situations at any given time in your life.

In matters of facing sudden and emanate life threatening situations or altercations.

Sometimes it fact, it really matters who you are, where you have been and the kinds of life's knowledge you have acquired.

Becoming more & more aware of your surroundings is just a matter of trained extra observations.

A momentary glance at what surrounds you could sometimes be the difference in living and dying, being robbed or raped, accosted & violated.

Being in the frame of mind that no matter the adversary or condition, how ever strong & terrible or frightening it may look like, you know and believe in your self, that you will prevail.

In the twenty-first century most people have abandoned their senses, replacing them with techno and electrons & microchips.

Except in third world countries, most people have abandon there fight or flight senses being consumed with trappings of conveyances like cars, air condition, music, texting, talking on the phone, skype, TV, Cable, Apps & games. We are consumed with individual greed or wealth or how ever & to what end to achieve it.

Observing evil is not always possible unless you are trained & really looking for it.

Many smiling faces and inviting situations are attempts to lure you into a sense of false belief status.

For example, you drop your guard with the premise that all things at the time are safe & reverend when actually in reality the premise is a disguise & a deceit.

Masks; Phony advertising,

You are being bombarded from birth to death with lies.

Example; this pill will make you stronger this drink will make you live longer, these clothes will make you look more successful, these facial treatments will make you look younger.

On and on in every crevice of your psyche, what to do, when to do it, how to do it, when not to do it, why should you do it.

Stop, Go, walk don't run the program takes hold.

You shy away from thinking for yourself because the program is thinking for you, as you let your guard down and began to trust the program.

Have you ever studied animal behaviors in a natural earth crisis?

Animals can sense danger & know how to react to danger.

Humans have the same qualities; it's like using your canine teeth for ripping meat we no longer need them.

As humans we have the inherited and imprinted abilities to sense danger & recognize evil but most of us have lost the sense or were never taught how to use them.

True survival is a constant state of mind always as you think where you walk, where you sit, what to say, why you say it, how you say it, when you say it.

True survival is always being cognitive in the now as well as the past & future tense at the same time.

Always assessing from one micro second to one micro second, who, where, why, when, how, acting or reacting on your assessments is what a trained & true observer is about.

A poetic reference

We must remember,

Everyone that helps you,

Is not always your friend.

Everyone who kicks dirt on you,

Is not always out to do you in.

What is it about people,

Who try keeping other people down.

It teaches us about human nature,

How some find pleasure in others frowns.

If you have never, ever searched the reasons why,

Then riddle yourself this question,

Who does nature really favor?

The spider or the fly?

Open your eyes!

Written by,

Everett C Borders jr. Ph.D.