When It Rains, It Pours

Story Info
It was the best rainy day of her adult life.
3.5k words
4.48
26.3k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Honey123
Honey123
220 Followers

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This story has been submitted as part of the RAINY DAY STORY CHALLENGE set on the Author Hangout Discussion Forum. All criteria and build up can be viewed through this link: RAINY DAY STORY CHALLENGE THREAD

~ ~ ~

"Hey, Tri-State! Wake up! Today is going to be a beautiful day! Rise and Shine sleepy heads! To get you going on your way to a happy day here's Bon Jovi and...."

Before I even hear what the "next song" will be, I hit the sleep button on my alarm clock. "Just 7 more minutes," I plead as I look at the numbers 6:30 blaring back at me in bright red lights. Wincing, I close my eyes and pull the covers over my head. I know full well that I will not be able to sleep for another 7 minutes, but just laying in bed and trying to wake up was worth it. The old adage, "Another day, another dollar" ran through my head. A dollar! More like chump change, but it pays the rent.

I slide the covers down just enough so I can see those red numbers ~ 6:36 a.m. Click! 6:37 a.m.

"Damn! I hate when that happens!"

"...temperatures could rise into the 90's today with a bit of overcast in the late afternoon. But I think..."

"I don't care what you think," I say as I shut my alarm clock off. Tossing back the covers and sitting up, I stretch and immediately feel a pain in my back. Still I smile at the memory of just why I have that pain and how I got it. I feel my body tingle as I close my eyes and recall every second, every moment of yesterday. Yes. It may have rained. But it was the best rainy day of my entire adult life...

~ ~ ~

The day didn't start out annoying: it gradually became annoying.

I needed to go food shopping and headed up towards the grocery store a few towns away. It was an okay weather day except for the fact that the sun was hidden behind very thick, gray clouds. Even though the temperature said 85 degrees, it felt much cooler, so I didn't mind doing "indoor" chores. This Saturday the roads were pretty busy. Traffic was at a stop and go pace, so the trip to the store that would normally take me 15 minutes took 45.

The parking lot was crowded; it took another 15 minutes to find a spot, and that was at the other end of the shopping center. ARGH! It was not going well and my mood was getting darker and darker, as were the clouds in the sky.

I made my way through the grocery store, picking up just enough to get me through the week. Since I live alone, I usually shop week to week. I only go to the larger grocery stores for the more important products like toilet paper, paper towels and the like. Today, I was just getting things like milk, bread and such. As I get to the counter, surprise, surprise! Just about every item on the customer in front of me needed to be price checked! I could feel my blood pressure rising.

Just as I was about to take my items and find another line, I heard my cell phone ringing and fished for it in my pocketbook. I recognized the number and answered it.

"Hello?" I said a bit coldly.

"Hey. It's me. What are you up to?"

"Don't ask!" I replied, sounding completely done.

"Oh! Still mad at me, huh?"

"Yes. Plus today is not going too well." I said. "What's up? Where are you?" I started putting my grocery items back on the belt.

"Weeellll...actually I'm down the shore."

"WHAT?!?" I exclaim and then whisper into the phone. "What do you mean you are down the shore? Are you crazy?"

"I know."

I shook my head. So irresponsible, clear-headed, which was exactly what I was beginning to say before I was cut off.

"Look. I know. I know. But I rented a room for the weekend. I want you to come down here."

"No." Sounding quite pissed-off.

"Yes. It's going to be a beautiful day. Come on. We need this."

I couldn't deny that. I did need to just relax. Work was becoming very difficult to deal with and I was taking it out on the one person who meant everything to me. Every time I would come home my thoughts and conversation dealt around my job, my anger and the inabilities of everyone around me. Our relationship was becoming strained. We hardly talked about what mattered to "us" anymore and I knew that I wasn't helping much. We had a huge fight last night after dinner. The fight dealt with my getting older, being stuck in a dead end job and quite possibly a dead end relationship. There were quite a few colorful words spat at each other and instead of sleeping at my house he sped off to his apartment. I was still angry with him and really didn't want to see him. I thought of every excuse I could say but as I opened my mouth the only words that come out were, "Fine."

I heard his soft laughter from the other end of the phone and smiled. I pictured him in my mind. Tall, brown hair that was thinning, brown eyes and a gorgeous smile. He hasn't exercised much lately, but his body was still in wonderful shape. Although I loved feeling safe in his arms, the warmth of his body and inhaling his scent, something was missing. I missed feeling romantic with him. The passion in our relationship was starting to dwindle. I found myself fantasizing about other men, flirting with them, sometimes wondering what it would be like to be fucked by another man. Our lovemaking became rudimentary. Getting it in before it was too late, then giving a quick kiss before falling asleep. "I'm not getting any younger," I was beginning to think. "Is this all there is?"

"Great!" Mike said. "You know the place. Room 16. See you soon. Be careful!"

"Bye." I sighed as I hung up. I paid the cashier and started to the parking lot. I breathed in deeply when I saw the sun shining. "Maybe things will be brightening up after all!"

On my way home, I thought about what I would say to Mike. Perhaps ask him for a bit of a break. Just to see where my life is heading. But every time I tried to think what to say, I just couldn't come up with the right words. I was hoping that the ride down the shore would clear up my mind. Maybe I was looking into everything just far too much. He never seems to have a problem expressing himself and I knew he didn't want out of this relationship. I didn't either. I loved him deeply.

When I finally got home, I threw my bathing suit into my duffle, put on a pair of blue shorts and a tight, white tank top. Tossing my bag into the back seat, I hit the road. Since the weather was holding out, I put the top down of my convertible. I love this car. A 1969 blue Camaro SS with black "bumble bee" striping. The old man I bought it from rambled on about the 350 engine, the horsepower and how this model was one of the first to have air conditioning and blah, blah, blah. But all I saw and what won me over was the shape of the car and that it had hide-away headlights. "Women!" was all the guy said as I wrote him out a check and drove the car away.

Mike knows a heck of a lot more than I do about cars and racing cars. He stopped dead in his tracks when he first saw my car and I swear it was love at first sight. I often joke to him that if I got rid of the car, he'd probably leave me.

With the wind whipping through my hair and my music on, the time traveling down the shore was quick. Pulling into the hotel parking lot, I noticed a white note on the door of the room Mike rented. "Now what?" I thought as I reached the door and ripped the note off. It read:

"G - Didn't want to waste the sun. Meet me on the beach! - M"

I shook my head and tried the door. "Locked!" I laughed a not so funny laugh. I made my way toward the beach and noticed that the sun was going in and the wind became a bit colder. I looked up to the sky and saw that the clouds were getting thick and black. Not so surprisingly, the beach wasn't that crowded. It was nearing the end of the summer and most of the vacationers had already packed up on Labor Day, so this weekend it was pretty light. I shaded my eyes and searched for Mike. Kicking off my flip flops, I walked on the sand and was stopped by his voice.

"Hey, beautiful!"

I turned around in its direction and saw him standing there with his arms open. I walked slowly over to him and he embraced me. I breathed his scent in deeply and wrapped my arms around him. Everything that I hated about him at that moment faded away. I knew I loved him and wanted to be with him forever. In his arms was where I belonged.

"I am sorry about last night." He said into my hair, his breath tickling my ear.

"Me, too." I hugged him tighter and then pulled away to receive his warm kiss. The kiss was a familiar kiss. My mouth opened to receive his tongue as it flicked around mine, tasting me. Suddenly he pulled away.

"Hey...wait! Look..." he said as he pointed behind him. There was a blanket laid out on the sand, with a picnic basket on one side and a bottle of wine leaning next to it. I looked at him with my mouth open. He never did something like this. I wasn't even sure if he knew how. He grabbed my hand and walked me over to the blanket. He reached down, opened the bottle and poured me a glass of wine.

"Madame, your wine!" He said teasingly.

"Merci!" I laughingly replied, taking the plastic wineglass. "Oh, very fancy!" I teased as we tap our glasses in a silent toast.

Before I could even take a sip of the wine, there was a huge thunderclap and it began to rain.

"Oh! NO!" I screamed, dropping my glass on the blanket. "My convertible is down!"

We both ran hurriedly to my car and by the time we had the top put in place, we were totally drenched. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Staring at the rain soaked interior, I realized I was crying, as I could taste the salt that was from my tears sliding on my lips. Even when Mike wrapped his arms around me, I couldn't stop crying. He just held me, stroking my hair and leaving little kisses here and there on my face and the top of my head.

"Hey, babe..." Mike started, "it's okay!"

Nodding my head against his shoulder, I knew he was right. I knew at that moment, being held in his warm embrace, that everything was going to be all right. I took a deep breath and wiped my tears away.

"Your picnic is ruined!" I sniffled. "It was so romantic, too."

"Our picnic...and it's not ruined. Let's go inside and...Oh, no!" Mike moaned and searched his shorts pocket frantically.

"What now?" I laughed incredulously.

"The room key is in the picnic basket."

"Well, I'd suggest going into the car, but my bag is on the blanket, and guess what's inside?"

"Don't tell me!"

We both looked at each other and started to laugh. "When it rains, it pours, huh?" I said, biting my lip and shaking my head.

"Well, since we are already wet, what do you say we continue our picnic?" Mike suggested, lifting his eyebrows up and down.

This was so unlike him, but I didn't want to say that to him and ruin the moment. I just smiled at him and nodded. We stopped every once in a while on our way to the blanket, hugging, kissing and laughing at our silliness. Mike's eyes never really made it all the way to my face; his gaze burning into my torso, watching the way my nipples were protruding through my thin, very wet tank top. When we got to the blanket, Mike pulled me close to him, his hands sliding under my tank, caressing my wet skin. His fingers splayed out on my ribs, then moved to my back, pulling me even closer, so close I could feel his skin against my breasts.

The rain was coming down lighter now, but we hardly noticed as we dropped to the blanket. I winced as I landed on top of the plastic wine glass, but forgot about it as Mike began to kiss my face, trailing kisses along my neck and sucking the rain through my shirt in an attempt to suck upon my nipples.

Reaching up and cradling his head in my hands, I quickly rolled so that I was sitting on top of him, my legs straddling his waist. I slowly removed my t-shirt, tossing it on the blanket. Mike moaned and he sat up, his mouth hungrily taking in my breast. His tongue, flicking back and forth on the nipple, gently nipping it. My hands gripped his hair pulling his face closer as I arched my head back, feeling the rain dance off my face. I closed my eyes and pictured what we were doing. A fantasy of mine that I never imagined Mike would ever make come true. I felt my body begin to tingle with arousal.

I arched my back as Mike's tongue licked the rain off my stomach, reaching the top of my shorts. He pulled away only to undo the button and zipper, his hands pushing my shorts down my hips. We laughed as the rain made it impossible to remove my shorts quickly, the soaked materials almost sticking to my skin. But the laughter stopped as he began to caress my skin, looking deep into my eyes.

"I love the way you feel. I could never imagine being with someone else." Mike whispered against my skin.

I moaned as his tongue began to lightly lick my pussy, sliding between the lips, flicking my clit slowly. I moved my hips with every stroke of his tongue. His hands burned my skin as he held on to my hips, sliding his fingers around to grab hold of my ass. I grabbed his hair not knowing if I should pull him up, or push him deeper into me. As if he read my thoughts, he looked up at me with a rain-drenched face, his lips glistening of a mixture of me and the rain and I felt my heart beat harder.

When Mike began to remove his clothes, I playfully slapped his hands away and took my time peeling off his shirt. I licked his skin, kissing his chest, sucking the rain and tickling his nipples with my tongue. "Lay down." I commanded him and I continued to kiss his stomach. I undid his shorts, removed his boxer and then laid my body against his for just a second. Reveling in the way the misty rain created a warm, wet blanket around us. Slowly, I slid my hands up and down the sides of his body, using my fingernails to scratch him, creating tiny goose bumps upon his skin.

One of the things I love about him are his shoulders. They are so strong from working out and I kissed them lovingly, nibbling gently at the top and working my way down to his biceps. I caressed the skin and watched as he closed his eyes, enjoying every part of my lovemaking. I returned my kisses to his chest, again licking a line down his stomach, I felt his cock pressing against my chin. I love his cock; thick, smooth ~ perfect. I love the way it felt in my mouth, my pussy, my ass. I buried my face in his pelvis, growling into the warm flesh and nipped him. I laughed at his response of moans and groans. He reached for me and pulled me up. "Yes," I thought as I looked into his eyes. "This is just what I've been wanting."

I knelt before him, and looked up at him. Mike slid his hands up my ribcage, pulled me up along his body. I moaned as he lifted me up and slid into me. My nipples rubbed against his chest hair, as I wrapped my legs around his waist, my thigh muscles contracted and pulled his body closer.

I moaned as he entered me, my hands gripping his biceps and I bent my head so I could lick and bite his shoulders. He began to fuck me slowly and gently with long strokes. I pulled my hips up and down, sliding my wet pussy against the hard shaft of his cock, bringing him deeper inside.

It was impossible for me to keep my eyes open with the rain, but I tried to watch his face through half-closed eyelids. Watching the lust play out on his face brought unbelievable amounts of pleasure to me and I inhaled, crying out when he began to pound into me, faster and faster. I grabbed his head bringing his face to me so I could kiss his lips. I could taste the saltiness of the rain on his lips and slid my tongue into his mouth. My fingers entangled themselves into his hair and just for second we paused, letting the passion fill our bodies, listening to a background of thunder and the rain pitter-pattering on our blanket.

His hands gripped my hips and he began to thrust harder. I closed my eyes and felt his warm breath upon my face. I felt his nails biting into my flesh, pulling me closer, pushing into me. I gasped at the pleasure mixed with pain as his plunged deeper into me and whispered in his ear words of pleasure and desire. My tongue licked at his ear and moved down to kiss him along his jawbone.

I whispered against his neck that I was ready, my cries mingled with his moans of pleasure as he began to strain and push harder. He plunged into me over and over again, filling me with his aftermath of pleasure.

Exhausted, we laid against each other until the rain stopped. Our bodies were slick with sweat and left over rain and we hugged each other tightly. He lightly stroked my hair and kissed my face until our breathing came back to normal. When I felt the warmth of the sun beating down on my skin, I opened my eyes and told him that we'd better get dressed "before we get arrested!"

"You're right, wouldn't want to scare anybody!" Mike said, playfully smacking my butt.

After getting dressed and gathering the very wet remains of our picnic, we made our way to the hotel. I groaned as we passed my car, looking at Mike and pouting.

"It's alright." He said, hugging me tightly.

"I guess we'll get it sodomized?" I asked, as I pressed my nose up against the driver's side window, whimpering.

"What?! No!" He laughed. "It's called simonize and no, that's polishing and waxing. Sodomy is...well, actually, I'll show you what it is...." He voice trailed off as he lunged at me.

I screamed and ran towards our room. I laughed as he captured me, pinning against the door. While he kissed me, he fumbled with the key and then pushed me through. Almost falling on the floor when the door opened, I turned around and stopped dead in my tracks.

There was a sign over the bed that read:

"Will you marry me?"

I couldn't breath. I was in absolute shock and turned around to see him on his knees holding the most perfect diamond ring.

"Yes." I whispered my hand against my lips. "Yes!"

~ ~ ~

Rubbing my back, I smile as I feel the diamond skim my skin, bringing my hand around so I can stare at it again, touching it just as I have for the past day and a half.

I hear the shower start and breathe in deeply. "It's Monday." I think to myself, "what a wonderful way to start the week and the rest of my life."

Tiptoeing to the bathroom, I undress quietly and enter the shower, to be greeted by my fiancé and a huge smile...oh, not to mention a huge hard on as well!

NOTE: I want to thank both Dranoel and Belegon for looking over my story, editing it and saying kind words that help me continue writing. <Kisses> and <hugs>

Honey123
Honey123
220 Followers