When We Were Married Ch. 04D

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Now it's up to you. You do what you think best. I hope...well, I hope you seek out the truth. But I made a promise and I won't be bothering you again. Thank you for calling."

I hung up and leaned back in my chair. I reached into a left-hand drawer and pulled out an IPOD I'd bought for Kelly before her then-current boyfriend had bought an identical one for her. I'd kept it and put a few tunes on it that I liked. I leaned back in the chair, closed my eyes and listened to the words of a tune I liked.

And as the last words rang in my ears, "If tomorrow never comes..." I thanked Father Dunleavy again for reminding me of what is important in this life. If I died today, the two people I loved the most would never question my love for them. In spite of all the crap I had waded through over the past four months, that made it all worthwhile.