When Worlds Collide

Story Info
Collision course.
5k words
4.65
49.1k
17
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/05/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
c8er2u
c8er2u
180 Followers

AUTHORS NOTE: This lovely story which I love so very much, was kindly edited by innocent_angel. Please, read and comment heavily! I really need to know what you think about this so comment, comment, comment!

C8ER2U

*

November 25th 1955

I had just given birth. Hadn't been two weeks and them Caulfield's done called me in; talkin bout they needed me for thanksgiving. My baby was born November 19th 1955. She was early, I knew it wasn't time, cause my stomach wasn't big enough yet. But we ain't the ones 'cidin when they come into the world. God is.

So here she comes, jus a screechin' and goin on and I'm just thankful. Long as she screechin, means them lungs is workin. She got all ten fingers and all ten toes and not a hair on her head. I named her Cora Ann after my mama. My baby girl. I finally got my baby girl. Seven Boys. All of 'em rough and tumble, wearin out they trousers 'fo I can even pass em on to they brother. They run, they jump, they fight like dogs. Beatin' and poundin on each other. They always dirty, hate bathin' like Satan hates holy water.

I tell em, "Gone in that washroom, do battle with the four legged white man!"

Oh lawd, they hate when I say that! They get to runnin, and hidin at any mention of the four legged white man. Like I said, It's like holy water to Satan. Or like that picture, the wizard of oz. you know when that ol witch melts when the water hit her? That's how my boys ack around water.

But now, I got my baby girl. Five pounds and a quarter of a girl. Doctors say I can't have no mo, sum wrong with my insides. That's just fine with me, I got my baby girl. I got all I need. And she gon be my lil princess. Um gon spoil her like she deserves.

Wilbur, that's my husband, said he don't want no more babies. We got eight of em. And I'm the one runnin round here mindin these chillren. I tole em stop puttin babies in my belly. I love him. I do. But married life his hard. Specially when you poor. That's why I hada start workin up in them rich neighbourhoods. Cookin and cleanin fo white folks, like I aint got a home of my own to tend to.

Damn, they chillren is rotten. To the core. Nasty little bastards, with no home trainin cause they mama's is too busy worrin bout the hydrangeas, what ever they are. And they daddy's too drunk to care. All I keep thinking is if me an Wilbur had this kinda money, this kinda house, my babies would be grateful. All of us, we'd be grateful. Not them. They so unhappy in these big houses, cadilac cars and fur coats. That's the problem; they don't appreciate nothin. Everything is given to em, don't know nothing bout hard work.

That's why, a week and five days after I done gave birth to my baby girl, I'm poundin the pavement on my way to the Caulfield estate. The day before thanksgiving. Um bout to cook till I can't cook no mo, food I could never afford to put on the table in front my own chillren. But umma cook it for them ungrateful bastards.

I hate bein out at this hour. When all the hooch hounds are crawlin they sorry asses back home to they wives and families. All the real characters are out this time of night. For them the night is just endin, for me the days jus beginin. Still got a ways to go. Ain't even outta Brixdale yet, still got so many miles to go.

It's bone chillin cold out here. I got Wilbur's big work jacket on and I'm still cold. And even worse it smells like rain. I want to pick up my pace, but I can't. Body's getting to old and tired. And, I just had a baby last week. My lil dumplin' is at home wondering where her mama is. Her mama is out here wonderin why she's runnin the roads at a quarter to five when she had babies at home. But that's why she do it. Cause she got babies at home.

Sky is thunderin over my head and I'm almost to the Woolworths. Once I get to the Woolworths, I know um almost there. Just a few more miles up Charter road and I'll be at the Woolworths.

Funny thing about this long trek is that you get to see the changes. goin from one town to the next, you get to see the way other people live outsidea Brixdale. Find out, most people got hot water in they houses! Hot dog! Ain't gotta heat the water and pour it in the basin, it comes right out the damn faucet! That's white folks fo ya.

In Brixdale, it ain't but two kinds of folk; Poor and poorer. We happen to be better off, cause my husband works like slave to take care of us. That's why I don't much mind working for these rich white folk, cookin and cleanin and 'yas a bossin.' Cause I know Willy works twice as hard down in them factories. They pay him half wages cause he's coloured and that's just the way it is. He works hard, six days a week haulin and luggin and don't ask for much. A hot plate when he get's home, an easy chair to sit in. he's a good man, my husband.

I made it almost half way to the woolworths before it opened up and started rainin on me. Clouds opened up like the red sea, pourin down in sheets. Lawd, just let me make it to Woolworths.

Woolworths is like the bridge that connects this town. On one side you got Brixdale, where all the coloured folk live. Then on the other side you got Edenville, where all the rich people live. Once you cross over into Edenville, you in another world. Grass is as green as green gets. Big cars in the car park, streets is clean, ain't no such thing as a dirt road in Edenville. Streets is paved smooth as silk.

The Woolworths is right up ahead of me and I need to buy an umbrella cause my head is soaked. Gonna make myself sick if I don't. When I walk in the man behind the counter watches me pick one up and bring it to em. Like I might run off with it. I ain't never stole nothing in my life, and I don't reckon I will. I gave him a dollar for the umbrella. Robbery. Pure robbery.

Now that I'm outside again, I can't get my mind off my daughter. My miracle. She cries more'n any of my other chillren ever did. And I don't mind. Sounds like music to my ears when she cries. Wasn't sposed to have no mo babies anyhow, but here she come. I can almost hear her now. Wailin and cryin.

Wait.

There is a baby cryin, but who would have a chile out in all this rain? At this hour in the morning? Sounded like it was comin from the trash bins behind the store.

Oh God.

There's a baby in them trash bins. Jesus, someone left a baby in one of these trash bins. Now I'm tearin through em, rippin em open tryna find the child. My hands is shakin from the cold rain, or maybe it's because I'm terrified. How could you leave a baby in the trash?

I can't find the baby. I'm feeling crazy. Like I'm making it up. I'm about to leave but I hear it again. Just a whimper now. Comin from way off in the corner. I lift off some paper and other trash and there she is. Naked, wrapped in an ol blanket skin white as porclain, and lookin up at me with the bluest eyes I ever seen. My heart is bout ready to rip from my chest.

"Father God!"

I pick her up, careful not to hurt her. She freezing cold, trembling, and I wrap her up in my husbands jacket. Real close to my heart. I even put her inside my clothes so she can steal some heat from me. Now she right up against my skin. Black on white. She lookin up at me, so quiet now, like she know I'm bout to take care of her.

"It's alright chile, mama's here."

I walk out the old alley, put up my umbrella and head back to Brixdale. I ********************

September 16th 2004

Life always throws you a curveball when you least expect it.

Sitting in the food court staring at a subway sandwich that was definitely not as "fresh" as advertised, Caiden didn't expect to look up and see what he saw coming his way. Most certainly not in this speck of a town. Gordon Iowa seemed like someone's idea of hell. It was the most lifeless, cultureless, boring, white bread town he'd ever been in. That is until now, when he'd laid his eyes on her. He watched her walk towards him, talking on her cell and smiling. Her skin was the color of milk chocolate, her dark brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail, her side swept bangs almost getting in her eyes. She laughed, loudly and almost obnoxiously drawing the attention of a few people around her. She didn't notice at all.

She was heading for the escalators and Caiden was already in hot pursuit, without even realizing he'd left his chair. It was pure magnetism that drew him near to her, something he'd never experienced in his life. She was ahead of him on the escalator, by just a few people. He could catch glimpses of her conversation now. She was talking to her mom or something, Telling her how much she hated this place. Something he could definitely co-sign.

As she began to walk off the escalator, she said her heartfelt goodbye and hung up. Instantly Outkast started blaring out of her cell. Behold a lady. And so he did. She put her earphones in and began to sing along.

"Yo mama's old fashioned, yo daddy don't play. You'll always be this lovely cause they raised you that way. Hallelujah!"

Hallelujah indeed. There's something about watching a woman walk. You know, when they don't think anyone's watching and you know it's just natural. The perfect sway and dip of hips made to be held onto and an ass that was, well, perfection. Her thighs were nice and thick too, not them scrawny knobbley lookin' things you tend to see. She had some definite meat on her bones in all the places he liked.

She was turning into a store and talking to the employees. He realized she must work here. The store itself, was what most would call an old lady store. Completely geared towards women 30 and up and not where he'd expect her to work but hell, he didn't exactly know anything about her so why not?

Caiden realized again, that he was standing outside of the store and had yet to enter. An older woman was standing at the entrance folding sweaters and eyeing him curiously.

Jesus what was he waiting for? Why hadn't he just chased her down, talked to her? He was actin like a punk bitch. If his brothers woulda saw him chasing this girl all over the mall they'da went in on him quickly. What he needed to do was grow a set and talk to the woman. Worse case scenario, she turns you down flat. So what?

He walked in and instantly the woman folding sweaters stood and greeted him.

"Hello there!"

"Hello ma'am," he said politely.

He began searching the store for her frame but didn't spot her. He realized how ridiculous he probably looked. A six foot sum' white guy in a white t shirt and wranglers. He was for sure outta place in this ladies clothing store.

"Hello! Are you looking for something in particular?" Another lady had approached him, this time a bit younger but still old enough to be his mother.

"No ma'am, just lookin thanks."

She looked slightly disappointed but frankly he didn't care. His eyes were on another, younger lady. If only he could find her again! Scanning the store he found her. She was in the very back, straightening pants and rebuttoning blouses. He made a beeline straight for her and when he reached her stopped dead in his tracks. She still hadn't noticed him but his mouth for some reason had gone dry. He couldn't form a sentence or clear thought.

She was singing a song by Coldplay, he couldn't remember the name but it sounded so different coming from her. She was harmonizing with the song but somehow at the same time taking it over and making it her own. It sounded jazzy and bluesy and not at all what Chris Martin had done with it.

She turned around abruptly and the sight of some huge guy standing directly behind her must've scared her cause she nearly jumped outta her skin.

"Jesus!" she yelled jumping backwards.

"I'm sorry! Didn't mean to scare you!" he said, hands out in front as if to show he meant no harm. He was glad at least some words were coming out.

"It's okay, I just didn't know you were there. Is there something I can help you find?"

It was then that he got a real good look at her. Jesus, if she wasn't the prettiest little thing! Nice perfect white teeth, thick lips. Not too big, not to thin, just right. Perfect little nose and those eyes. The color of whiskey, or honey! Beautiful eyes, beautiful smile, with a slight dimple in her right cheek.

"Are you looking for something in particular sir?" she asked again a little miffed.

"Uh," he had nothing. He was drawing a complete blank and she was growing impatient, he could tell.

"I uh," his palms were sweating. Wiping them on his jeans he finally began to speak.

"It's uh, my mama's birthday next week and um, lookin for somethin," he muttered. It wasn't a lie. Her birthday was coming, but that sure wasn't the reason he was in here!

"Okay," she stated smiling genuinely up at him. Dang! this one sure was doin a number on him!

"So what kind of budget are you working with first of all?" she asked rummaging through racks.

"Wait," she said not allowing him to answer. "What size is she? Is she my size, smaller?"

She was tempting him. His eyes perused her body of their own accord it seemed. Breasts, much more than a handful, lil bitty waist with one of them belt things all tight. It was a wonder she was even breathin! Those hips, thighs. His brother would call her a thicky thick. His mouth was suddenly watering. Clearing his throat he decided to finally answer her question.

"She's uh. She's a bit bigger then you."

She was side eyeing him. She caught him giving her the once over. He couldn't help it though. There were songs written for women like her. Bodies like hers.

"Kay, just a sec," she said disappearing into the racks again.

When she reappeared, she'd put together something his mom would actually like.

"So I know what your prolly thinking. This is too old for my mom! Just let me work my magic on you okay?" she asked. There was entirely no need for magic. He was sold!

"So what I have here is a scoop neck blouse with a matching cardigan. But all we gotta do," she paused pulling something from behind her back. "Is put the belt at the waist, accentuates the smallest part of her giving her the curvaceous look," she winked for emphasis.

"Plus, you look so good coming in with a box instead of a card with a gift certificate in it like most dudes!" she laughed to herself. He smiled at her. He really liked the sound.

"Wait! I didn't even tell you the best part! This whole ensemble will only cost you, drum roll please!" she smiled waiting for him. He obliged willingly tapping his hands on a near empty rack.

"$29.99!" she said in what he assumed was her best game show announcer voice. He laughed loudly and she laughed with him. It was so right and easy.

"Well damn, since you put it that way how could I pass on I deal like that huh?"

"Alright! I'm just gonna go take this to the cashier for you but you sir, have a great day!" she said and with that she was gone. First to the cash register and then off to the back room.

Caiden slowly made his way to the cash register and paid. It actually was a really good gift and his mama definitely deserved it. Retreating from the store he pacified his bruised ego by telling himself at least he knew where she worked. He could come back, try again. Who knows, maybe he'd be able to act like the 24 year old he was next time and not like a pubescent boy who's balls just dropped.

**************

Nearly 2 weeks had passed since the spotting of his walking wet dream and nothing. He'd gone back to the store and even asked about her, but they said she was just covering a shift for a friend and she actually worked at another location. Unfortunately, they were unable to tell him where. Something about privacy laws.

Since then he'd taken to stalking out old lady stores and beating his dick like it owed him money. It wasn't like he was at a shortage for women, they flocked to him actually. But they weren't what he wanted. Way to boney and fragile for his taste anyway.

He had all but given up.

Walking the relatively short distance from school to the stadium his mind once again went to her. There was just something about her. He chuckled to himself as the song from "Something about Mary" played in his mind.

His friends would say stop whining, they'd had enough of that! His friends would say stop pining. There's other girls to look at. They tried to set him up with tiffany and indigo. But there's something about Mary that they don't know....

Why do I even remember the words to that song? He asked himself. Man he was really cracking up! He picked up his pace and headed straight to the stadium. He needed to get on that football field more than anything today. Needed to make some hard hits and get this out of his system.

************

Two and a half hours of gruelling practice later, Caiden was retracting his previous statement. Practice was evidently not what he needed, because now he was horny and sore. Everywhere. It was times like this when he wondered why he even did this? Why he'd up and left the only home he ever knew, the only family he'd ever known, and for what? A town full of strange people who looked at him like his head was backwards every time he opened his mouth.

Caiden was from a small town outside of Houston Texas. That's all he knew and could remember. Well besides football. When he was around seven he started picking fights at school. His mother tried to discipline him but it wasn't working. His uncle decided to put him into football and put him on the junior team. He was hooked ever since. Now all he could think was how much he missed home! He missed his mama's cooking, he missed friendly people, he missed knowing where he was going all the time, and lastly he missed the women. They'd always seemed to be in an abundance, and you know what they say, you never miss your water...

A tired and defeated Caiden walked slowly down the steps of the stadium. He'd gotten hit hard. It was his own fault though, he was distracted. A certain brown eyed girl was clouding his vision. It was the smile, the body, the clothes she wore. Even though he was sure they were clothes she had to wear, from that store, she made them her own somehow.

And as if on cue, he looked up and there she was. The living, breathing, manifestation of his wet dreams. He ran down the steps now, forgetting about his sore body and caught up with her as she literally danced around the corner. He watched, and listened as she busted a move to "Rumpshaker" rappin along with Teddy Riley and Wrex-n-effex. She was so caught up in the song she dropped her keys and kept on going. Seeing this as divine intervention, he turned his head heavenward, gave thanks to the man upstairs and grabbed the keys.

"Excuse me," he said tapping her shoulder. She turned to look at him and stopped dead in her tracks.

"You uh, dropped these," he said holding out her keys. It was most definitely her, although something was different about her. She was looking like a deer in headlights at the moment. Cautiously she took the keys from him.

"Thanks," she said apologetically. She turned to walk away but he stopped her.

"Hey wait now, I remember you! You're the girl that sold me my mama's birthday present. She loved it by the way," he offered.

She stared nervously up at him and smiled apprehensively. Then it was like a light bulb went off in her head.

"Jesus! I remember you!" she somewhat yelled covering her face.

"What's the matter?" he asked, a concerned look crossed his face. She said nothing and continued walking. He was following closely trying to get a look at her. Her bangs were pinned back from her face in that bump thing girls were wearing these days. He had to admit, it looked cute on her. Her hair was up in this bun that looked like it took a lot of concentration. On anyone else, he would've been pissed that hair took up so much of her time and energy, but with this girl, he just appreciated the fact that she took the time. Man, there really must be something about... her.

c8er2u
c8er2u
180 Followers
12