While You Sleep

Story Info
The love of a man can only be defined in his heart.
926 words
4.56
14.6k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There is a beauty to watching the woman you love sleep. One of not just love, but something that the Gods would admire. Lying there, her head resting softly of the pillow. Her breast moving the sheets with each breath, you get lost in the love.

Kim and I have been together for almost two years. Each morning I love to wake up early for work to just watch her sleep. Lying there, so innocent and beautiful. No one could imagine the passion she holds inside. She is totally committed.

Watching silently, I wonder what she dreams are dancing in her head. Hoping, in my egotistical mind that she dreams of me. Sorting through my own thoughts of the night, I smile as my dreams of her come to mind. Dreams of my perfect love for Kim. I just wish I could be as perfect as she thinks I am.

Sitting in the bed, I move the warm covers over her body. To me, Kim is perfect. I just wonder what she see's in me. I run my hand through my hair and pray she never leaves.

But while Kim sleeps, I love to sit here, watching her. The moon, in it's early morning phase, shines through the window over her thin frame. The thin white drapes focusing the beams onto Kim's sleeping body. With each breath, the cotton linen moves. With each breath, my dreams scream to be released.

But I sit. I watch. I dream.

My dreams to make Kim happy have been a struggle. The old pickup truck outside is not the family car we had wanted. The house is warm and comfortable. But it's not the mansion we had hoped for many years ago. It's funny how dreams and reality differ. But my love for Kim has never altered.

Moving from under the sheets, I stand beside the bed and watch Kim. Like an angel she sleeps. The sound of her breathing reaching into my soul. Reluctantly turning away, I move to the sink for a shave.

Staring into the mirror, I look into my eyes. Where did I go wrong? When did the mansion leave us?

Sighing, I smooth the cream onto my face. Taking the razor, I begin to scrape the stubble from my face. The thoughts flow through my mind. Like each morning before, I wonder why Kim stays around.

Rinsing my face in the warm water, I grab the towel and dry my face. Standing and turning, I move into the hallway. The girls sleep in the next room.

Standing in their door, I watch my two young daughters sleeping. From Kim's first marriage, they love me more than they do their own Father. Why?

Their swing set has not materalized. We're still living in an apartment. They're getting too big for the bikes they now ride. New ones are needed, we just can't afford them. But each day I come home from work they run to the truck and give me a hug. They love me as much as their Mom.

Turning towards the shower, I walk into the bathroom. The warm water drifts over my body as I prepare for the day. The soap covers my aging body as the thoughts continue to flow through my mind.

Why does she stay? Why do the girls love me as much as they do?

Drying quickly, I slip on my jeans as I prepare for another day of construction. The sun will be beating down in Alabama. With some luck it'll rain this afternoon. That will allow me come home sooner.

Back home. With Kim and the girls. Kim and I will cuddle on the sofa again like last night. Watching the girls play and laughing as they dress their dolls. That is what life means to me now. That is my reality.

Walking over to Kim as she sleeps, I bend down and kiss her softly. Moving under the sheets, Kim whispers up to my lips.

"I love you baby."

Running my hand through Kim's hair, I smile at her fluttering eyes.

"I love you baby. I love you the mostest."

Slipping out of the bedroom, I silently close the door. Staring into the girls room, I watch the two small angels hugging their pillows. Do they know I love them as much as they love me? Is that why they stay?

Turning, I move towards the door knowing my wife and children are safe. Tomorrow, I have to work again. Weather permitting. I know I'll wake early and sit in the bed watching Kim sleep again. But for me, that is love. As for when I get home? I'll spend time with Kim helping her fix dinner. Then the girls and I will entertain ourselves after we've all cleaned the kitchen. I've gotten pretty good at dressing Barbie dolls and having tea parties. Kim just giggles as the girls and I play. The light in her eyes sparkling.

Backing out of the complex, I look up at our apartment. I don't need the mansion or fancy car, Kim is all I want in my life. With a smile, I know deep inside that I am all she wants. Looking over at my lunch, I laugh at the hearts and arrows the girls had drawn on my bag. If anyone says anything about it at work, they'll just see me smile. They know how I love those girls. Just as long as they never hear about the tea parties. It's going to be a good day.