Who Did It?

Story Info
Who was killed and why? A murder mystery.
9.7k words
4.59
136.7k
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,712 Followers

Not a lot of sex but I hope you enjoy the story. A big thank you to LadyCibelle and Techsan for editing my story.

*

I'm not sure where to begin. I'm a CSI agent and thought I'd tell you about one of my cases. For those who don't know; CSI stands for Crime Scene Investigations. Our agents are usually the second people on the scene. We're right after the police or sheriffs department finish their initial walk through. It's our turn to start taking in the evidence to help in anyway we can. We try to prove innocence or guilt on the evidence.

I'm Jim Lee and I usually team up with Bobbie. Her name is Roberta but she prefers to be called Bobbie by her co-workers. She is one nice looking woman, but when it comes to work, she's all business.

We were at the office when a call came in. Two people were shot to death in a motel room. The suspect was found at the scene with gun in hand. Bobbie and I headed over to the motel. This looked like one of the easier cases. It's not every day the suspect is standing there holding the murder weapon when police arrive.

When we got there, we talked to the lead officer. He told us that they got a call of a shooting. When they arrived they went into the room. The door was unlocked and slightly opened. On the bed was a white woman with a black man on top of her. They were having sex and in fact, he was still in her. He was still lying on top of her, both dead. Two bullet holes, one in his neck and the other in the back of his head. The woman lay beneath him with two bullet holes in her face also. Apparently there were three shots fired and the bullet that went through the male victim's neck went clear through him and into her chin area.

The officer also told us that the suspected shooter was standing there with the gun in his hand and dropped it when they entered the room. He looked at the officers and said he didn't do it. He wouldn't say anything else. He was in shock or bewildered. Of course they did their usual cuffing and read him his rights. He refused to talk.

As we were talking, another officer was bringing the suspect out of the room in cuffs. I looked up and saw that it was a friend of mine, Mark. His shirt was covered in blood. He saw me and said, "Jim, I didn't do it. I didn't do it."

My stomach dropped. We went to high school together. I knew his wife Susan was on the wild side and the last time I saw Mark he told me it looked like he was headed for divorce court if he didn't kill her first. He didn't have to worry about a divorce now.

The cards looked pretty stacked against him. Maybe he was crazy and his mind blanked out, I don't know, but the evidence would hopefully tell us the truth. Him at the scene, gun in hand, bloody clothes, his wife in bed with a black man. Boy, how could he deny all that! Maybe he was thinking of going for an insanity defense.

Bobbie and I started in on our task of gathering information. Quickly but thoroughly, we went over the two dead bodies on the bed. An ambulance was there to take them away as soon as we were finished with them. The man was indeed still inside of Susan, and it looked like he climaxed as he was shot. You always read stories about it but very rarely ever see it. She wasn't quite so lucky. Her face, what was left of it, showed total horror. The police were right. The first shot went through the man's neck and into her lower face around her chin. It looked like a second shot was fired into the back of the man's head and was still lodged in his skull. A third shot was fired into the forehead of Susan.

We finished gathering evidence and went outside to look around. We followed procedure and looked for witnesses and tire tracks and whatever else we could find. While we were inside we found a camera on the floor at the end of the bed and took it with us also. Mark's car was there and we had it towed to our garage. We called the jail and told them we wanted all of Mark's clothes to check for residue from the gunfire. Three shots at close range should leave some residue.

I got a call from the lead officer who said that Mark kept saying he didn't do it and that I was the only one he would tell his story to. Man, I didn't want to get involved in this mess. All the evidence was pointing at Mark, an old friend. What the hell was I supposed to do?

I agreed to listen to his story. I did tell him that his whole testimony would be taped. I was still obligated to do my job correctly. I also told him that I always go by the evidence and right now it was getting overwhelming against him but that I still keep an open mind till all the evidence is in. I also told him that if or when it goes to trial that I would have to testify as to the evidence. It would include everything he told me now also. I asked him if he still wanted me to hear his story.

He said, "Yes, Jim, I trust you to do the right thing," and began telling his story.

I turned on the recorder and sat back and listened.

--------------------------------

Mark's story:

I didn't know what to do. I caught Susan cheating over and over and was now trying to figure out how to respond. We haven't been getting along for quite a while. We were married five years before the problems began. We had two kids, Mark Jr. and Kayla.

As you know, Jim, Susan and I got married fresh out of high school. I started work in one of the local factories and she works for her dad in an insurance agency. Her dad is wealthy but not to the rich standpoint. He's well known in our area and pulls a lot of weight. He didn't mind Susan and I dating in high school because I was the popular high school jock and of course he told everyone that I was dating his daughter.

As luck would have it, I broke my leg in the last football game my senior year. Any chance of a scholarship was gone. I wasn't that smart for any academic type scholarships so college was out of the question. My parents wanted to try and fund my education but I told them not to waste their money. I really didn't know what I wanted to do anyway. After graduation and my leg healed, my dad got me on at the factory. It was hard work but paid well. I did my best since my dad got me the position. He passed on just last year. I really miss him. He was too nice and too young a man to die so early in life.

Of course after Susan's dad found out I wasn't furthering my education he told Susan that he didn't want her dating me - until she turned up pregnant. He was pissed. There wasn't much he could do about it. Susan and I got married before she started showing very much. Her dad wanted her in a white dress. Of course once the baby was born everyone figured it out. Either the baby was three months premature or Susan was pregnant before she got married. Big fucking deal; it happens a lot.

We were happy and got a small place and settled down. Of course Susan's dad and I never got along. I wasn't good enough for his precious little girl. We went on and life seemed good. We had our arguments like all couples but her parents were always interfering.

She said she wanted to work instead of staying home with the kids. She started working for her dad as a secretary for his agency. My mom babysat the kids. Susan hadn't worked for three months before our love life took a hell of a dip. She was always too tired or not feeling well.

One morning she was getting dressed and was putting on a somewhat short skirt. She wasn't wearing any underwear.

"What the hell is going on? Now you don't wear panties?" I asked.

She didn't look disturbed at all. "No, I stopped wearing them six months ago. For some reason I kept getting a yeast infection about every three months and when I went to the doctor, she told me to go sans panties. Since I've done that I haven't had a yeast infection."

"What about periods and times like that?"

"Of course I have to wear them then, but I wear a pad and then it's only for a week. What do you think I do; show my ass to the world? Most of the women I know don't wear panties unless they have to."

I didn't know what to think. I always thought most women wore panties. It's not like I check every woman's ass out looking for a panty line. I knew I would from now on.

Our sex life didn't improve and all I could picture was my wife running around showing everyone her ass. I did talk to a couple of women that I was friends with and asked them if they wore panties. They laughed at me until I told them I was serious.

"Well, Mark, to be honest with you I both do and don't. When I wear shorts or pants I usually don't wear them. If I wear a skirt or dress, yes, I definitely do. I know guys are going to try and look up my skirt and I guess I don't always sit ladylike."

Carol was probably my best female friend. If I hadn't been married, I know I would have liked to date her. She was always nice and friendly. She was one of the few women I could talk to about my problems.

"Thanks, Carol, I appreciate your honesty, and yes, I try and look up your skirt too. You have blue panties on today," I laughed.

Guys do that; I don't know any that don't. Maybe all guys are pigs, but a girl in a short skirt or dress will always get my attention. So what about Susan? I wonder if she told me the whole truth.

I'm always reading these stories about cheating wives. It's seems to me that working women are at a greater risk of having an affair. Granted, stay at home moms can cheat to, but working women will get hit on daily. They would seem to need to be stronger in their marriages to fight the onslaught of being pursued. If women also went without panties and men noticed, wouldn't they get hit on more often?

So I was thinking, if you take a young pretty woman like Susan, in not the greatest marriage, and her out there all day with men ogling her ass sans panties, our marriage was in deep shit. I needed to do something to try and win her back.

When she got home from work I told her my mom would watch the kids and we could go out to dinner. She kind of grumbled but agreed to go. It didn't go well. All she talked about was herself, her new friends at work and how much fun they were. This got me to thinking. Here I was working hard my whole life and I could never describe being at work or the people there as fun. Why would her place of employment be so much different?

She didn't wear panties out to dinner either and we sat at a table. I tried to watch her eyes and noticed her looking around a lot. There were men in booths behind me and I think they were getting a show. I knew then that we probably couldn't salvage our marriage. I knew deep down that she was fucking around on me for quite a while now.

I decided not to even talk to her about it anymore. I had lost my respect for her. Some things you just know; all I needed now was proof. I felt so sorry for our kids. I spent more time with them and the three of us always did things together. They always ran up to their mom when she came home and told her about their day.

She always told them the same lies; "Boy, I sure wish I could have been there but mommy has to work."

I wanted to hit her in the face so fucking bad, but I had to think of the kids. It's bad enough they had a mother that was a tramp without having a father in jail. Now, here I am anyway for something I didn't do. Dammit!

For the next few weeks I watched her closely. Whenever she called and said she had to work late, I would have my mom watch the kids and follow her. She was always going out with men from her office. I started taking my camera along and took pictures of her and her friends. She always ended up at motels and I took pictures of them going in. I never got pictures of them having sex, just going into the motel. I'm sure they weren't cleaning rooms.

I knew the marriage was over. After the first time seeing her with another man going into a motel, I started planning my divorce. I no longer approached her for sex. Seeing her just made me sick. Every time I looked at her, I pictured her in bed with someone else. It just made my stomach churn. I often wondered how many fingers and pricks were in that bare-assed pussy.

One time I remember telling Susan that if I ever caught her cheating on me I'd kill both her and the son of a bitch she was with. She just yelled back at me that she wasn't afraid of me. She said that marrying me was the biggest mistake of her life. She told me what a lousy lover I was.

I asked her, "How would you know unless you've bedded down with someone other than me? We were both virgins when we met. So I guess you have been sleeping around."

She was nervous now. She was trying to figure out what to say. Finally she came out with some lame excuse about what she read in some damn magazine and how her friends told her how good their sex lives were.

"Well, fuck you and fuck your magazine. If I find out you have been cheating on me, you're a dead woman. Tell your friends the truth. You would have to fuck me once in awhile if you're going to compare me."

I know this really makes me look bad. First I threaten her and then her showing up dead with me there. But honest I didn't do it.

Susan told me last week, "Mark, I haven't been cheating on you, but I want out of this marriage. You're crazy and I don't love you anymore. Just take your things and go. I'll tell my dad to get us a lawyer and we'll file irreconcilable differences. You can have your stuff and go. Just stay out of my life."

I asked her, "What about the kids? You're not taking my kids. I don't give a fuck who your parents are. They don't do anything for our kids. I want custody and my mom loves them and I know will help me take care of them. Besides, when you go out with your boyfriends, who's going to watch them?" I asked.

I remember her turning away from me that day and walking away. I know she loved the kids but to what extent? She wasn't willing to give up her new sex life for them and if I had the proof, I knew I could get custody. I have her going into motels with a number of men from the office. I wanted to get one of her in the act of committing adultery. My lawyer told me that would be all the proof I needed to get my kids. No court would have awarded her the kids or alimony with that kind of evidence.

Yesterday, I heard her talking on a phone to a guy when I got home. She didn't know I was there, so I just listened. She mentioned a time and motel so I walked back out of the house and came back in through the front door making some noise so she would hear me. When I walked in she quickly hung up the phone. I asked her who she was talking to and she said her mother. I already knew that was a lie. I figured I'd follow her and go to the motel and break into the room and get the pictures I needed. I would take them to my lawyer and apply for my divorce.

After Susan left the house dressed like a slut, I took our two little kids to my mom's and asked her to keep them for the night. I figured after I broke into the motel room that there would be a confrontation and one of us wouldn't be coming home tonight. So, I had mom keep the kids out of harms' way.

It took time to get the kids ready and pack them an overnight bag. I grabbed my camera and we left. I dropped the kids off at mom's and I probably got to the motel about a half hour later. I really didn't have a good plan. I'm not a weak man so I figured if there was a fight, I could handle myself okay. I really wasn't thinking that clearly. I can see that now.

I located the motel and their room. It was an end room. I was sitting in my car holding my camera when I heard three shots fired. I looked up and saw someone leave the room quickly. I got out of my car with my camera and headed toward the room. I didn't hear any sounds coming from the inside and slowly twisted the door handle and it opened. I pushed the door open and saw a black man lying on top of Susan. He must have been having sex with her. They looked like they were both dead with blood coming out of them onto the bed and floor.

I looked down and saw a gun. I don't know why but I picked it up. I was like in a trance or something. Staring at my wife dead on the bed with this black man on top of her. I don't know how long I stood there but a police officer told me to drop the gun and to lay face down on the floor and put my hands behind my head. I did drop the gun as well as my camera and laid face down in some of their blood. I couldn't speak; no words would come out of my mouth.

I finally got out the words, "I didn't do it." I was then taken outside and that's when I saw you, Jim. Please help me!

--------------------

There it was: his side of the story. Believable? I didn't know. I told him I would go through the evidence and we would see what happens. I asked him about the person he saw leaving the room. He told me it happened too quickly, he didn't see anything but a figure running quickly out of the building. He didn't even know if it was a man or woman. They did have on dark clothing.

While I was there at the jail, I did run a test to see if he had discharged a gun lately. It came out negative but he had taken a shower after he was put in his cell. The residue, if any, could have possibly washed away.

When I got back to our lab, Bobbie asked me how it went. "Do you believe him, Jim?" she asked.

"Bobbie, I go by the evidence; it doesn't lie. I hope he told me the truth for his and his kids' sake, but the evidence will have to tell us more. For now it's not in his favor."

Bobbie said that the blood on Mark's shirt belonged to both victims. According to the photographs and the police report he got the blood from lying face down when the officers told him to lie down on the floor. He wasn't anywhere near the victims. Whoever shot them did it from the end of the bed.

I told Bobbie that I thought the camera belonged to Mark. He said he was taking it in to take pictures of the sex act for adultery purposes. She had already sent them to the lab to get developed. We would probably have the pictures tomorrow. We also had to find out whose gun it was.

While Bobbie and I were talking, we agreed that the suspect, Mark or someone else, had to know the time and place of the meeting. Bobbie did tell me there was no residue on Mark's clothing. She did say he pissed himself, probably when he saw the bodies on the bed. Hmm? Maybe there is something here. We doubt he would have pissed his pants and then pulled out a gun so quickly that they didn't even stop fucking. Maybe, just maybe Mark was telling the truth.

The next day was a madhouse. The District Attorney was already on our backs. He had gotten a call from Susan's dad and said he wanted Mark put to death. We tried to explain to the DA that we had a lot of evidence to go through.

"He was caught in the room with the murder weapon in his hand. What more do you need?" the DA asked. The DA's name was Brett.

"Brett, we have a few things that don't come together yet. Nothing big but still unanswered, you could get shot down in court if a good attorney gets this case unless we get the answers," I said.

"Like what?" Brett asked.

"His finger test doesn't show he fired a gun recently. There was no gun powder residue on his shirt. His fingerprints on the gun were over top of another set of prints, which we couldn't retrieve. The time line is bad. Who let him in the room? He walks in the room, pisses his pants, takes a gun and shoots the victims, all the while holding a camera in his other hand. He stands there for what we figure is seven minutes holding the gun till the police arrive. Reasonable doubt, Brett, his attorney just needs reasonable doubt. Give us a few days and we will see what we can find."

"Damn! I thought this was an open and shut case," cried Brett.

Bobbie stared at me. "You know, after everything you told Brett, I don't think Mark did it," replied Bobbie.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,712 Followers