Wicked Tales: Jack's Journey

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brutus reached out to the squawking animal and for a moment Jack though that the massive fingers were bent on breaking the neck of the bellowing creature. Much to his surprise though Brutus gently cupped his palm and Biffon stepped willingly into it. The giant then moved back to the table where Biffon jumped from Brutus's palm and walked happily over to Arabella.

"Sing," the giant ordered and soon Arabella's lips were moving and the voice of the angels, or so that is how Jack felt about it, were pouring from her. She sang of a world were the food was plentiful, the lands rich with prosperity. Her words told the tale of an enchantress, a woman and a man that had loved deeply a daughter they had lost. Her song wove in the wicked deeds of a wizard and the hate of a beastly man. That part of the story made Brutus slam his fist on the table, making everyone and everything on it shake from his fury. "Enough!" he shouted and then stared at Biffon who was quietly honking and stroking his wings with his beak.

Jack eyed the bird with an inquisitive stare. Suddenly it reared its head into the air, stretched out its wings, lifted itself up and honked louder than it had since Jack met it. His eyes grew wide as the rearing, stretching, lifting and honking continued and after each such display a round golden egg slipped from under Biffon's rump. "Oh my... you are unique," Jack whispered and then slammed his hand over his mouth when Brutus spun around and faced the shelf.

Jack saw fear in Arabella's eyes as Brutus cautiously approached the pile of silk that Jack was hiding under. He knew he was about to be caught, so he readied himself mentally. Big fingertips brushed across the cloth and then stopped when Arabella's voice began again. Once more Jake was saved and once more everyone that heard the beauty of the harp was entranced. This time her song was of her "love" for the beast and how she longed to live with him forever. She spoke of her life and the joys it brought to see the creature happy. Jack knew the words were false. Brutus however seemed to be much more pleased this time around. He settled in his chair and closed his eyes as Arabella sang.

In time the way her music and her voice flowed made Jack listen more intently. No longer was she singing falsehoods, but she was singing to Jack. He listened carefully and glanced at the giant. He was asleep, just like Arabella's song was saying. Jack slipped out from under his rich coverings and walked over to the edge of the shelf. He glanced at Arabella again and thought of how to reach her. Suddenly Biffon was there, eying Jack with what the man could only say was disdain, but acceptance. Arabella continued to sing and Jack continued to listen. He did as her song said and climbed on the goose's back, and wrapped his arms around his neck. Biffon turned and launched himself off the shelf. Jack wanted to scream as they plummeted toward the ground. His heart leapt into his throat just as Biffon rose up and sailed around the room. Jack clung desperately to the goose's neck, his legs remained tucked tightly against the bird's side. When Biffon landed on the table next to Arabella, Jack jumped off and kissed the hard wooden surface of their landing pad.

A soft giggle made Jack look up and he smiled at Arabella, then made his way to her. He kissed her quickly before walking behind and placing one hand on the shoulder of the harp and the other on the soundbox. He tilted Arabella back and softly whispered to her that all would be well. He made his way back to Biffon, slowly and with great care to his precious cargo. He scooted, carried, and shimmed his way against the animal, then climbed on. Once he was settled on Biffon's back, Jack reached down and wrapped both his hands around the neck of the harp and hoisted it up.

Arabella didn't bend, thus making holding her somewhat difficult, but Jack managed to wrap his arm through several strings, sending a mangled set of chords through the air. He cursed as the noise ricochet around him. His eyes darted to Arabella's, then the slumbering giant. Brutus shifted in his seat, but his eyes remained closed. Both Arabella and Jack released the breath they'd been holding. Jack smiled a grin that he hoped was reassuring and tried to shift Arabella so she lay tighter against him. He tugged and pulled, but no more inches would come his way. He frowned again and put all is weight into dragging her closer in. Biffon bellowed in a honk that rattled the delicate figurines that adorned different shelves in the room. Jack's eyes grew wide and he stared down at where Arabella was stuck. One of the pedals of her harp dug into the underside of Biffon's ring.

Jack grimaced as the sound of snoring was replaced with the shout of "treacherous whore's son" filled the room. Jack kicked Biffon's sides and felt the fowl leap into the air. His great wings beat strong, though he seemed to falter as he turned his body toward the door, which Brutus had never closed. Brutus screamed and launched his fist across the table, trying to sweep the air currents under Biffon. The goose faltered again, but Jack adjusted his and Arabella's weight, aiding his white feathered friend.


The crashing of the chair, where Brutus had been sleeping, was heard as he threw it to the side. His muscular hands grabbed the table. He threw it toward the door, just as Biffon twisted his body to sail through and out into one of the other mammoth rooms. Jack glanced back; the wind of the flight rushed by him. His eyes grew bigger as he watched the door of the room they'd flown from get pulled off its hinges and Brutus leaped out. "Go Biffon! Go!" Jack screamed, urging the goose with swift kicks to the sides. He held Arabella close as Biffon soared higher and higher, barely missing various pieces of furniture that was being thrown at him. Eventually Jack saw a way out and he turned his goose toward an shutter free window.

Biffon flew through it and Jack felt his pulse slowing considerably. At Jack's urging the goose flew around the castle and toward the crops that Jack had traveled through that morning. He heard the shout of Brutus and he turned to gawk at the giant barreling through the double doors of the castle. Arabella screamed as the meaty fingers of Brutus brushed against her hair. Jack pulled her tighter and kicked Biffon harder. Soon they were sailing through the crops, darting in and out of the thick vines and leaves, the vegetables were nothing but blurring colors, all blending into one.

They were just about to reach the beanstalk when Brutus's fist knocked Biffon in the side. The great bird spiraled down and landed hard on the grass below them. Arabella fell from Jack's grasp as he too dropped to the ground. Jack however didn't waste time concerning himself with the various bumps and bruises his body had suddenly acquired. He rushed over to Arabella and swept her up, holding her around the waist as he dragged her with him toward the beanstalk. "Biffon!" she cried and turned back to look at her wounded friend. Jack growled, but hurried with Arabella in tow over to the weakened fowl. He gathered him up and thrust him into Arabella's capable hands. Again he turned to the beanstalk and barely made it as Brutus threw himself toward them again.


With the only free hand Jack had outstretched, he threw himself toward the stalk and prayed they'd land on a thick leaf and not miss the plant all together. Biffon honked in pain and Arabella cried out, but they did land on the stalk. Jack skidded along the vine and slammed into the trunk. He repositioned his prize, while she kept Biffon securely encompassed in her embrace. Jack made it several feet before he felt the sway of the plant above him. He glanced up, barely believing what he was now looking at. Giant feet were plodding down the beanstalk, crashing through several layers. Jack feared being struck by falling debris almost as he feared being turned into bread by giant hands.

They passed through the clouds; Jack spared no time taking in the sweet moisture he'd drank hours before. Brutus still followed. He shimmed down further, eventually passing the bean he'd eaten from. The canopy of the trees swallowed them and still Jack traveled downward as did the giant menace that was growling down at him. When Jack saw the forest floor a cry of glee left his worried lips. He landed hard on the ground, quickly released Arabella and tried to think of what to do.

"YOU!"

Jack spun around at the shouting Arabella and followed her stare. His eyes narrowed as he walked up to the man who had stolen his cow. "I'll deal with you later," Jack shouted and turned to face the stalk. He saw Brutus's foot crash through the canopy of the treetops. He tried to think of what to do to stop the oversize creature from gaining anymore ground.

"Jack! It's him! It's the wizard!" Arabella shouted.

"Later!" he shouted back and dug his knife from his pocket. He dropped to the forest floor and began to saw at the gigantic beanstalk's trunk. As he did he looked up and felt that all was lost. The giant was gaining on them and he knew they were going to lose. Suddenly the stalk shook violently and swayed. Jack looked over and saw an ax buried deep in its thick hide. He took in the gnarled hands of the old man who gripped the handle in a tight, firm hold. Jack rose from his spot on the forest ground and grabbed the ax. He gave it up willingly. Jack tugged it out of the trunk and began to hack away at the vegetable.

Half way through the mammoth chore a great cracking sound echoed through the woods. Jack stepped back and watched with a mixture of horror and relief as the beanstalk crashed and a giant of a man fell from the stalk to crash against trees, bushes, plants and whatever creatures of the wood that didn't make it out of Brutus tumbling path.

When the man hit the ground the entire land shook. Birds flew from their nests. Squirrels shivered and shook as their branches were rattled. All the great beasts of the wood were awoken from their slumber and the village itself felt the jarring impact of the mammoth man hitting the ground. Jack flew himself at Arabella, knocking her down in hopes to protect her from any falling remnants of the stalk.

Once the world settled, Jack rose and lifted Arabella up. He glanced around and saw Biffon preening. He then saw the wizard, who was staring at the motionless Brutus. Jack took the ax and approached the giant. He readied himself for a surprise attack but did nothing when he heard an old voice whisper, "He's gone."

Jack looked up the length of the huge man and saw the lake of blood that was slowly forming around the dead body. He shuddered, wondering what tale would come out of the woods to explain the red lake that was slowly consuming Brutus. "You have work to do old man," Jack growled, turning away to make his way back to Arabella's side.

The old man nodded his head before he too turned away. He smiled warmly at the golden woman and the bruised bird. "Princess Arabella if you would allow me. I would happily lift this spell from your person. It is too late for me to return you to your family, but from this day forward you will want for nothing. I will provide for you as if you were my only child. I've always wanted a child," the wizard replied.

Jack grabbed Arabella's hand and squeezed it tight. "I will take care of her. She is mine. You have done enough. Release her and then go. Find your first born somewhere else, for Arabella will not be your child! She will be my wife!" Jack proclaimed.

Another sigh left his lips, yet he lifted his hands to stop Jack's ramblings. He whispered words that neither Jack nor Arabella understood. Jack watched as Arabella's eyes grew heavy. She tried to stay awake, but it was no use. He felt her weight shifting and he fought to hold her up as she started to tip. Still whispered words spilled out; all were unintelligible to Jack. Suddenly Arabella screamed as her body was pulled roughly from the harp. The instrument fell to the ground and Arabella slumped in Jack's arms. "Arabella!" Jack cried as he lowered them both to the forest floor and cradled her close. "Arabella!" His words were full of pain as she remained still and quiet. "You killed her!" Jack screamed. Tears flowed from his eyes as he looked up at the wizard.

"She but rests. Take her to your mother, who waits for you as does your cow. Both are healthy. I will not bother you again," he said and walked away, leaving Jack to stare at his back. A soft moan brought his attentions back to Arabella and he pulled her closer to him, kissing her lips until she was begging for breath. He laughed and then felt the bite of Biffon's beak on his shoulder. Jack laughed, rubbed the bird's back and then rose, bringing Arabella with him.

"Home?" he whispered against her ear.

"Home," she answered back. She reached down and scooped up Biffon, who eagerly tugged on her thick blond curls. Jack held her hand, examined the flesh color and found it much to his liking. His gaze continued to feast on her as they made the way through the forest and onto the path that Jack was very familiar with. "I didn't know you knew the wizard," Arabella said as they emerged from the woods and stopped on the edge of Jack's land.

"I don't. Not really. I sold him a cow for," Jack laughed, "three magic beans."

"He's a tricky wizard," she replied.

"Yes, he is. What is his name?" Jack asked.

Arabella thought a moment and then smiled softly. "Rumpelstiltskin."

"A name fit for a fairy tale," Jack replied as he and his wife-to-be made their way toward the old cottage, where a very healthy widow sat on a stool, milking a cow.