Wilderness Paradise Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
u06la14b
u06la14b
310 Followers

And just as we were about to turn in, Cooley stepped in front of me, "Do I know you, buddy? Were you with the First Army SOF unit?"

He was in my space, up in my face and normally that's all it would have taken but this wasn't the time or the place. I gave him a blank look.

"Special Ops - Afghanistan?" He pushed, his breath smelling of mint and garlic.

"No, not me, brother, you have me confused with someone else," I replied and stepped around him to get the blankets from Jacobs.

I could feel his eyes boring through the back of my head as I walked away.

****

The Trap

For Rachael and Kyla following the swathe of trampled branches and brush that lead higher-up the mountainside was relatively easy; almost too easy. They had waited until dawn and at the breaking of first light they began their search for Susan leaving her brother, Andrew Breland, back at the campsite.

Surprisingly, his condition had improved during the night. He had regained consciousness and seemed stable enough. The damaged nose was more of a concern than the stab wound which seemed to have scabbed nicely. There was a clear fluid draining from his right nostril and that was worrisome. And he was running a mild fever.

They had moved him into their tent and wrapped him in several blankets.

"Find her, please, Rachael, you have to find Susan!" He had muttered through split and swollen lips.

"We will. You need to rest and don't worry, Andy, we will find her. We won't come back until we find her!" Rachael had promised him, her tone and manner resolute.

After checking on his bandages and making sure he had water and was comfortable, Kyla pressed a can of pepper spray into his hand.

"It's set. All you have to do is point and press here." She instructed and then covered him with a blanket and asked for the hundredth time, "Are you going to be okay?"

Andrew nodded and grimaced as the pain shot through his head and abdomen. He closed his eyes and whispered, "Go on, don't worry about me; hurry and find her. Just find her ..."

Though they were conflicted about leaving him unattended, it would have been madness to venture after whoever it was, alone. There was safety in numbers and the two of them together would pose much more of a problem for man or bear.

The description of the assailant that Andrew gave them was sketchy at best. He didn't get a clean look at the man. The attack had been silent and sudden. The man had camouflage face-paint on and was wearing hunting or military fatigues. He wasn't very big, about five ten and maybe one seventy, but Andrew recalled thinking how incredibly strong the man was; coiled and sinewy with anfractuous muscle. He had tried holding on to him, to prevent him from grabbing Susan, but he was no match for the intruder. That's all he could remember before he was knocked unconscious. He had no memory of the stabbing or the ensuing blows to his face.

However, the fact that it was a lone renegade that they were dealing with reassured the women giving them a sense of security and confidence. There was no way they could have known that this was a trained killer, a modern day Ronin, a Samurai without a Master. If they had, they would have waited for help.

The plan was to reconnoiter the surrounding area for clues before venturing blindly after the abductor but a few minutes on the trail and they caught the glitter of sunlight reflecting off of a metal object. It was a thin, silver bracelet. It was lying, partially hidden by the recumbent blades of grass, in the middle of a narrow pathway and could have very easily been missed.

Kyla picked it up and read the inscription on the outer face: Susan and then turned it over to read the post script: To Eternal Love, Andrew

It seemed that lady luck was on their side.

"It's Susan's," she said softly and gave it to Rachael.

Rachael examined it briefly before putting it away in her pocket. Susan must have lost it in a struggle with her abductor or maybe even dropped it intentionally as a clue. Smart girl.

"They must have gone that way," Rachael said pointing to the path that led into the trees.

They followed the freshly flattened grass and the faint, rustling sounds of someone or something moving ahead of them. Whenever they felt like they were gaining on their quarry, the signs and sounds would disappear only to be picked up again several yards ahead of them. It was like chasing a shadow – always close but never close enough.

At one point they were sure they were lost and were wandering in circles. Then almost miraculously they happened on a small ribbon of cloth that was caught in the brush. It was from Susan's bright yellow tee shirt.

"I get the feeling he's toying with us," Rachael said as they stopped briefly to get their bearings. They were in the middle of nowhere.

"Rach, we can go back now and get help, it's not too late." Kyla said looking around, "If we keep going I don't think we'd find our way back."

Rachael thought about it. This was the proverbial fork in the road, do or don't, will or won't. Like Luke said; it always comes down to those who are willing to stick their necks out.

"No, that would take too long. We need to find her. If it was me, I'd want you to come looking for me." She paused and then added, "And, I know Luke is out here. He'll find us, Kyla, I just know he will."

Kyla was quiet. She was frightened but she knew that Susan's plight was a lot worse. She could only imagine how terrifying this ordeal must be for her, that is, if she was still alive. She tried not to think about what might have occurred at night, the thoughts filling her with renewed determination.

"You're right. I'd want you to look for me too. I just hope she's okay."

After about an hour of trekking deeper into the remote mountainside, they came to a small waterfall that splashed noisily into a shallow pool. The water was fresh and so clear you could see all the way to the bottom. They filled their canteens and splashed their faces with the cold water, wiping the grime and sweat off. They dabbed themselves dry and looked around. They had lost him again.

"We're close. He'll want to be near water." Rachael observed.

"Where to now, mi amiga? Do you want to try left or right?" Kyla asked.

Just then, they heard a cough echoing as though from a tunnel. It sounded close but there was nothing in sight. Then they heard it again, this time louder and it seemed to come from behind the waterfall.

Rachael moved to where the water cascaded into the pool but it was solid rock with no opening behind or near the falls – none that they could see. They stood studying the area when they saw the bushes, a few feet above the pool, move. It was the unnatural shaking that caught their eye.

"There ..." Kyla pointed.

When they got to the dense boscage, they discovered the entrance of a cave-like opening that was secreted behind the thicket of leaves and shrubbery. It would have been impossible to detect unless you pushed the branches aside. It was perfectly blended with the surrounding foliage.

"I'd have never seen it," Kyla said.

"I think that's the idea. He's here somewhere and he wanted us to find it." Rachael replied, "It's beginning to give me the creeps!"

"Beginning?" Kyla retorted.

They looked at each other, the tangled emotions of fear, anxiety and frustration boiling over in angry bravado.

"Okay, let's do it then!" Kyla whispered, squeezing Rachael's arm.

When they entered the cave they realized that it was a series of Daedalean grottos and tunnels with beams of light streaking in, beacons they could follow, hoping it would lead them to the other side. It was mostly dark and damp with water trickling down the sides and running in a narrow stream by their feet. At several points along the snaking interior, the path narrowed or ended abruptly and the only way to move forward was by rappelling across the side walls and ceiling, crossing over and around the spiny speleothems.

Clinging by their fingertips they swung from crack to crevice, slowly traversing the breaks until finally they arrived at a larger excavated cavern with an opening on top. They climbed up the sides and pulled themselves out onto the open. They had egressed onto a wide ledge displaced in latitude from their initial entry by several miles.

"Wow! There is no way anyone could find this!" Kyla said.

Rachael put her finger up to her lips and shushed, "Shhhhsh, did you hear that?"

It was that distinctive cough again and it came from so close by that both women froze. Kyla grabbed ahold of Rachael's arm in reflex. They stood still, eyes scanning the trees, listening for any other sound that would betray the location of the abductor. They were certain now that it was him and certain too that he was leading them into a trap. Their nerves were frayed, emotionally drained, and it took all their willpower to keep it together.

Rachael could feel her heart pounding, her mind racing with the adrenalin dump. Her mouth was dry, her palms, sweaty and cold, and she had to force herself to remain calm. This was it. She could sense it. Luke! Damn it, where are you?

In the stillness, Rachael looked over and sensed Kyla's fear mounting too. There was a part of her that screamed: Run! Run now! But gritting her teeth, she willed herself to stick it out. She felt her heart drumming in her ears and found comfort in her friend's proximity.

"You check there," Rachael whispered pointing to the right, "I'll look over here."

The women scanned the area around them, gleaning the shadows and rock formations thoroughly. Their fear resurrected the monsters and creatures of their imagination, those demons lurking in the mottling penumbra and within the bristling leaves that swayed and danced with the wind. Psychotic mutants with burning eyes that lay hidden in every nook and behind every corner. Welcome to our lurid world, they hissed!

"See only what's there and trust your eyes," Rachael said admonishing herself.

"Do you see anything?" Kyla asked.

"No ... nothing!"

Just then she noticed the outline of a ridge poking through a narrow break in the trees.

"Look! There! It's got to be there!" she whispered pointing ahead of her.

Using low hanging branches and tangled creepers, they pulled themselves up the sharp gradient and onto the plateau. And as soon as they had cleared the ledge, they saw her – it was Susan. She was bound and gagged but her eyes were wide open and filled with fright.

*****

Flashback six years – The Family Caucus

We sat around the table quietly with me staring into my cup of coffee. I couldn't bring myself to look at my parents or my sister. What do you say to your parents after they catch you fucking your sister? Not just fucking your sister but fucking her on their bed! It was embarrassing and pathetic and it was all I could do to keep myself from getting the hell out of there. My mind screamed: Shoot me. I'm guilty, guilty ... G-U-I-L-T-Y!

If the silence was a ploy to make us uncomfortable, it was working. My parents sat stoically, sipping their coffee and taking turns looking at Rachael and me as though they were expecting us to give them an explanation. But unless my sister had something up her sleeve, I certainly had nothing to offer. But more than facing the music, it was this imposed monastic expiation that was driving me nuts.

When I was fifteen, I was grounded for a week for punching a kid from the neighborhood in the mouth and if I was to use the same yardstick, I'd surely get life for boning my sister. I had this ludicrous image of me living with my parents when I was fifty! And for some reason, in that fleeting warped chimera, I looked decrepit and hoary, like Grandpa, while my father looked like himself, i.e. younger than me. I couldn't help but smile.

"You think this is funny, Luke?" My father asked noticing the change in my expression.

"No sir, I was thinking about something else," I said quickly my voice sounding strained.

He was quiet and I could feel him studying me while I twirled my cup contemplating the distorted reflections floating in the silvery surface. What was Dad thinking? That his son had somehow become a deviant? And how could that have happened?

"I think we could all use a laugh," he said, "don't you think? What about it Luke, share the joke with us!"

"It's nothing, Dad ... not a joke. I was thinking about Brad Welkins. The time Brad tried kissing Rachael and I punched him out!"

I saw Rachael smile.

"That wasn't funny. You knocked two of his teeth out!" My father retorted angrily. It most probably brought back the memory of the bill he had to pay to have them fixed.

"No, it's not that. You grounded me for a week and I thought ..." I stammered and then added, "Oh, forget it! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take this lightly or get distracted but what do you want me to do? We've been sitting here waiting ..."

"Okay, fair enough. Let's get on with this. You mother and I have been discussing the incident and though we have our disagreements on how this should be handled, we both agree on the behavior we expect going forward."

He paused and looked at us before continuing.

"It would be unfair to impose our beliefs on either of you. You are not kids anymore. But I think," and he stressed the 'I', "it is unhealthy and will have serious repercussions on both of you later in life. But then, that's just my humble opinion."

He paused and looked at Mom and now I knew what they had been arguing about. It struck me right then: Mom didn't think it was such a big deal. I was astounded as the implication sank in and looked over at Rachael but she seemed oblivious and just sat there staring down at her hands.

She looked incredibly pretty and I felt myself getting excited again. Rachael had that effect on me. I looked at her mouth, those lips, pouty and full, and the images of her sucking me just a couple of hours ago came flooding back. My cock was painfully hard and I squirmed in my seat, trying to get comfortable, when my father's voice cut through the lewd reverie.

"We have a few questions and then we will let you know what your mother and I have decided. Is that okay?"

He looked at us waiting for a response. Rachael and I nodded. I told you, this was all very democratic and that was the painful part. We had to participate in our own punishment.

"Maggie, do you want to add something?" My father asked Mom.

"No, dear, you're doing fine." Mom answered.

"Rachael, since you are younger, were you coerced in any way?"

For a moment I thought he was kidding. Coerced? Meaning like forced? Raped? I had suddenly been delegated to the status of a sexual predator. I was about to protest but Rachael shook her head, "No, it was nothing like that."

She spoke softly, her voice trembling slightly. It tugged at my soul. I wanted to reach across the table and hold her hand and promise her that no one could do anything to her – not even Dad.

"You need to speak up. I didn't hear that," Dad said.

"She said no! No!" I snapped so emphatically that Rachael and Mom were startled and looked over at me.

"I didn't ask you, Luke, I was talking to your sister." Dad responded; calm and cool as ever.

"No, Dad, I wasn't coerced or taken advantage of or forced or seduced..." she said a bit more forcefully.

I saw my father turning a bit red and knew that this was very uncomfortable for him and somehow that gave me a feeling of power. If he only knew that his baby girl had initiated this - it would've blown his freakin' mind!

"Okay, then one final question, who initiated this?" Dad asked on cue.

Both of us answered at the same time, "I did!" It was as though we had rehearsed it.

"I did, Dad, it was me ... Rachael just went along," I continued, beating her to the punch.

"That's such a lie!" Rachael exclaimed, "It was me. Luke, please; please, let me ..." but Dad cut her off.

"It really doesn't matter. I don't want to prolong this. You mother and I have made an appointment with Dr. Keller. She comes highly recommended in dealing with these matters - highly recommended. Tomorrow, both of you will go and see her at 10 in the morning. Is that understood?"

"What about school? I have a test tomorrow," Rachael protested.

"Your mother will take care of that. She'll call and let them know that you will be coming in late. You can always make-up your test later."

He stood up and looked relieved that it was finally over. I was relieved that he didn't kick me out of the house!

"Is there anything either of you would like to say?" He asked and when we shook our heads, he added, "Go back to your rooms and use the remainder of the evening to think about what you have done. Ponder seriously on the consequences and hopefully you can come to terms with your actions."

Always the professor! Who the fuck "ponders" anything? And, what would he say if he knew that while they were arguing about having us talk to Dr. Spock, my sister and I had been sucking and fucking like bunnies hopped-up on aphrodisiacs! Yeah, ponder that, Dad!

*****

Back to the Present: The Trap gets Sprung!

Josh Woodard watched the women through the leaves in the dense bushes. He was just to the right of his tiny, log cabin. He had been careful in choosing its location – it was built into a large rock face so that the only access was from the front. It made it easier to defend against animal or man.

He had Susan staked as bait in the small yard and all he had to do now was to wait. They would take the bait. Of that he was sure, and his plan would have worked to a tee. It was all so simple once they began following him and now that they had made it through the caves, there was no going back. They were his. He felt a sexual thrill shoot through his body.

"Everything comes if a man will only wait."

It was one of his favorite sayings and by one of his favorite people, Disraeli, the British Prime Minister who was popular in the late 1800s. Josh Woodard was a history buff and loved to read. His other passion was Human Psychology especially as it applied to people under duress. He smiled to himself as he waited. He was expert at waiting.

In the back of his mind he knew that once he had secured these two lovelies he would have to go back and finish off the man. Always finish what you start and never leave an animal wounded – it was as simple as that.

*****

Skinning the Cat

As soon as they saw her, the women stopped, their bodies flooding with relief.

"Susan!" Kyla called and made a move towards the open, "Hold on, I'm coming ..."

"Kyla, wait! It's a trap!" Rachael reached out and grabbed her friend before she could cross into the yard towards Susan.

She pulled her back forcefully, edging backwards into the cover of the trees.

"That's what he wants. If we are together, he has a better chance of getting us. One of us needs to go to her while the other circles to one side. That way, when he does show, we can make a fight of it."

Kyla remained quiet, not really listening but getting the gist of the logic. Her mind was shutting down to everything but the chore at hand. She had reached a stage where she just wanted this to be over. She didn't care; there was no chance of flight - it was time to fight.

"I'll go and get her," Rachael whispered, "you stay here and if he shows you come out. Let's kick his sorry ass! Do you have the bear repellent?"

Kyla raised the pepper spray she was holding in her hand, "Right here. If this can handle a Grizzly, it sure will take care of this sicko!"

"Remember, we get Susan and get the hell out of here!"

"Yeah! Get the fuck out of Dodge, girl, if we can ever find our way out!"

"Focus," Rachael said more to herself, "focus on the task."

u06la14b
u06la14b
310 Followers