Words Can Hurt

Story Info
Think before you type.
818 words
3.84
8k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers

Just what was I thinking when I thought anyone would want to read what I wrote. Every review I have gotten here was about how bad my writing is. Well maybe if one or two members who decided to publish their comments as anonymous would have the stones to actually tell me with their real screen names I might respect them a little more. Emily finished typing that rant and quickly pressed the send icon on her screen. After reading an anonymous comment that ripped her latest piece to shreds, Emily was seriously outraged. How dare people say that her work stunk when they did not even have the guts to give her a chance to review their work...

*

Emily paced back and forth trying to calm herself down. She needed to stop letting the comments of a few people make her that upset. Her family had told her that if she kept letting people get to her like that she would end up with either ulcers or a nervous breakdown. Yet every time she got a review like the one she had just read you could practically see the steam coming out of Emily's ears. Maybe if she got away from the computer a while and just got out she might feel better.

Emily shut down the laptop and slammed it shut. She grabbed her coat and her keys and headed out the door. Starting up her car, she pulled out of her driveway and headed to a local coffee shop. She knew they had live music every Friday and Saturday maybe a little music would calm her mood. After finding a parking space she went inside.

"The usual, Emily," the guy behind the counter asked.

"Yeah thanks Frank," Emily said. She slid the money across the counter at him and then took her ice mocha.

"Strange seeing you here tonight. This is not your usual night. What brings you to my neck of the woods?"

"Just thought I would stop by and enjoy the music," Emily said. She took a long sip of the ice cold beverage.

"How is the writing going?"

" I'm actually thinking of quitting," Emily said.

"Why? You are a really good writer. Why would you even consider giving it up?"

"I am glad that you think I am talented but let's just say that some people do not hold my writing in such high esteem."

" Well my opinion is that those people are stupid then. They would not know a good piece of writing if it came along and bit them right in the ass."

This caused Emily to snicker. "Thanks Frank. I needed a laugh tonight. I know I shouldn't let these people get to me but yet every time I say they won't they do."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure Frank. You can ask me whatever you want."

"Do you enjoy writing what you write?"

"Yes of course I do."

"That is what counts. What everyone else thinks should not matter as long as it brings you enjoyment."

"Thanks Frank. You really are a friend. You know exactly what to say to get me back on track." She sat and listened to the saxophone play for a little while. Then she said, "I think I 'm going to head home and try to get some writing done. First, can I get another one of these to go?"

"Sure." Frank handed her another iced mocha. When Emily went to hand him the money this time though he said, "Keep your money. This one is on the house."

" Thanks a lot. I'll see you on Wednesday," she said. Emily headed out the door and back to her car. Maybe I need to apologize to everyone because I was a bit harsh this morning she thought as she drove home.

When she got to her house, she immediately booted up her computer and began composing an apology letter:

To everyone in this writing community,

I would like to apologize for my post from early this morning. I know that my angry outburst was uncalled for. I need to watch what I say because words can truly hurt when said in haste. I hope that you can forgive me. This community has been some of my strongest supporters since day one and I truly hope that a few angry words will not come between what we have built over the last year.

Hopefully still your friend,

Emily

Emily sighed as she copied the letter into a forum. This was all she could do. She could not force them to forgive her and everyone had the right to be mad at her after all she had definitely not thought before typing this morning. She would just have to wait and see what would happen. Emily signed off praying she had not just alienated the entire writing community.

elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers