Working Relationship Ch. 02

Story Info
The morning after. Sarah faces her boss.
9.1k words
4.55
24.1k
6

Part 2 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/11/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next morning at breakfast, Sarah hardly spoke to him. She could see that he wanted to make up, but she wasn't ready yet to relinquish the dominant position she had established last night. Putting her coat on and picking up her bag, which still had David's camera in it, she said, "I might be a little bit late this evening John, because David and I have a lot to discuss, but remember, tonight you are going to tell me what that was all about last night. Tonight you have the chance to come clean about what actually was going on, before I start making my own enquiries. I am telling you now, if I have to, I will corner every one of your so called 'friends' in that club to find out what went on. My first stop will be Lorraine, because she usually knows what is happening. For something like this, if the two of us gang up on Bill, he will certainly tell all. Bill has never been able to refuse Lorraine anything. He never has, ever since they first met he has been putty in her hands. What Lorraine wants, Lorraine gets. It has been like that since the first time they went out together at school."

On the way in to work, Sarah tried to forget her little problem with John and turned her attention to what to do about David. One thing she had already decided she was not going to do was go to H.R with the camera. David was a nice man, good at his job and the nicest boss she had ever worked for. She had a privileged position working for him as his P.A and she wasn't going to ruin his life and future over 1 picture that he shouldn't have taken. Besides, she was fascinated by the thought of him dressing in ladies clothes. She had never known anybody who did that. Of course she had heard of it happening, but couldn't think of anybody she knew doing it, except, maybe ......... "Take your thoughts well away from that, Sarah," she told herself. "John does not wear ladies clothes, that was just last night's fantasy. It was fun at the time, but today this is reality, and I have to decide what to do about that picture."

She had thought about that picture a lot during the night. Although he shouldn't have taken it, now the initial shock that he had, had worn off, she realised she really didn't mind him having it. She got a little tingle in her pussy when she thought about him looking at her breasts, and maybe being turned on by them. She had set out a little early, to be in the office before he came in, so she could put the camera on his desk. She knew she couldn't put it back under his desk, because if it had been on the floor over night, the cleaners would have found it. She decided, perhaps the best plan was to put it in her drawer and give it to him when he came in. That way she could judge his reaction and decide how to play things then.

She was surprised when she walked into the office, to see that David was already there. As she was early herself, and he usually came in after her, she wondered if the 'lost camera' might have had something to do with it. He did look as if he was concerned about something, and as soon as she walked in he said, "Could you come into my office for a moment, please Sarah?"

She followed him into his office, not even stopping to take off her coat, and he closed the door behind her. "Please sit down" he said, quietly. There was a box on his desk and it looked as if he had been putting his personal things into it. Sarah sat down on the chair beside his desk. She guessed that this was important, and probably about his camera. When he discovered it wasn't in his briefcase he must have realised it must have fallen out at work, and he was worried because he couldn't find it in the office. Sarah opened her bag, took out the camera and placed it on his desk in front of him.

"When I was closing up last night, I saw this on the floor under your desk. It looks like an expensive camera, so I took it home with me for safe keeping.

David still looked worried. "Ah!" he said, and then he was silent for almost 2 minutes. Then he looked at her and, very quietly asked, "Did you look at any of the pictures on it?"

Sarah looked straight into his eyes, "David" she said, "As I am sure you have noticed, I am a woman. All women have a curious streak in their nature. If I told you I hadn't looked at them, be honest, would you believe me?"

He looked at her for a moment, and then said, quietly as if resigned to his fate, "How many did you look at?" Sarah replied, "I saw enough." He dropped his head into his hands. "Then I am finished." He looked up at her, "I have no right to ask this, but can you ever forgive me? I will wipe all of them, in fact you can do that yourself, now, so you know they are gone, but please, can I ask you for a huge favour? If only because of the working relationship we have shared, will you allow me to resign and just go, instead of taking this to H.R and having them fire me?" He picked up the camera and started to switch it on.

Sarah reached across the desk and took the camera from his hands, putting it down on her side of the desk. "David" she said, softly, "I have no intention of going to H.R over this. Last night I found a piece of your property which had obviously fallen out of your briefcase. I took it home with me to keep it safe for you, and this morning I have returned that piece of property to you. Yes, since you ask, curiosity got the better of me and when I saw the nature of the photos on the camera, I copied the pictures from it into a file on my home computer, so that I could look at the pictures on a larger screen. I apologise to you for doing that, it was an invasion of your privacy. They are saved on there in a secure, password protected file, which, if you wish, I will delete with a file shredder so there is no possibility of anyone else ever finding them."

David looked stunned, "Did you see all of the pictures?" He asked. Sarah looked straight at him, "No, not all, but if you are worried about which ones I did see, yes, I did see the one that you are probably most concerned about."

"Then you saw the one ............?" He couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence.

"Yes" Sarah replied, "I saw the one you took of me in ... an unguarded moment. That is really the one you are worried about isn't it?"

"Yes" he said, "If you decide to take that to H.R, I would be called into Mr Macintosh's office immediately and dismissed on the spot."

"Well, that is not going to happen" said Sarah. "I am not going to H.R and please stop all this silly talk of resignation. I was careless on the day you took that photo, so it was as much my own fault as yours. You shouldn't have taken it, you know that, but you did. Some things have confused me though, since I saw those photos, and although it is very personal, can I ask you something, and will you answer me truthfully?"

"Of course, you can ask me anything," said David. "Whatever it is I promise I will tell you the truth. I owe you at least that. You say you are not going to, but a word from you could have me dismissed, and destroy my whole career, answering any questions you have, truthfully, is the least I can offer in return."

Sarah thought for a moment, wondering how to phrase such delicate questions, and then she decided to just wade in. She asked, "Are you gay, David?" He replied immediately, "No Sarah, I am not gay." She considered this for a moment, and then she nodded. "But you like to dress up in ladies clothes?" He nodded without speaking. "Then, surely ......?" For the first time since she had arrived at the office, David smiled. "Dressing in ladies clothes doesn't make me gay. A lot of men who 'dress' are, like me, straight. It is a common misconception that we must be gay. I did read somewhere that for a lot of men who have this compulsion, they do it because they love women so much, they want to be like them. I don't know if that is true, or we just love the soft, sensual touch of wearing such beautiful things. Some obviously, are gay, but it doesn't mean we all are."

Sarah thought about what he had said, before framing her next question. "Why did you keep that picture of me? I can understand you taking it, on the spur of the moment, but after you had looked at it, why didn't you just delete it? You knew that if anyone else saw it and recognised me, it could disgrace both of us, and cost you your job here. Why on earth did you keep it?"

David actually blushed and lowered his eyes to the desk in front of him, but said nothing.

After a moment in which the silence was almost painful, Sarah said, "You promised you would answer, and answer truthfully. Tell me, why did you keep it?"

David looked up at her and his eyes were wet. "That is the one question I hoped you wouldn't ask" he said. There was a long pause before he said very quietly, "I kept it because it is the only picture I have of you. I know I shouldn't have taken it and I could have asked you if I could take an ordinary picture of you, sitting at your desk, but somehow, this was so much more ... personal, as if you were allowing me to see a much more intimate side of you."

Sarah smiled at his choice of words. "Well it certainly is a bit more intimate than pictures I usually have taken." She decided to push a little more. "But why did you want a picture of me? You see me every day, what did you want a picture for?"

David groaned. "I know you will never be able to work with me again when I tell you, but I did promise I would be totally honest." He was silent for a moment before taking a deep breath. "I think you are beautiful. Ever since you were assigned to me as my P.A, I have had to fight to control my feelings for you. There have been attempts from other managers, to steal you from me but I fought them off because I couldn't bear to lose you. I know you are a married woman and I have no right to feel as I do. I think your husband is the luckiest man in the world, and there is no chance for me, but that doesn't stop me wanting you. That picture was all I had of you, to look at when I am alone at home. Ever since you came into my office that first time, I have secretly felt like this. Now you know, and you will leave and go to work for someone else."

Sarah was completely stunned. She sat there looking at him for what seemed like ages, trying to gather her thoughts and work out what she should do about it. She Picked up the camera that had started all this, and dropped it into her bag. David looked distraught, as she stood up.

"I think we could both do with a cup of coffee at this point" she said, "And if you don't mind, I will hold onto this until we decide where we are going from here. Whatever we decide though, and it will be a decision taken by both of us, I promise you that the discussion, like the photos on this camera, is going to be strictly between the two of us."

She looked at her watch, "Now! You have a 9:30 appointment, who is probably already waiting in the outer office. I will bring you a coffee," she smiled at him "And if you are lucky you might even get a biscuit, but try to put all of this out of your head and concentrate on your work. We both need a little time to think about what has been said here. Try to relax, I am not going to say anything to anyone. The pictures are safe, and as far as I am concerned, that side of things has been now been dealt with. I am only holding onto the camera, so you don't have a fit of 'excessive righteousness' and do something you will regret later. We can talk about what stays and what goes when we have more time. Perhaps we could go for a drink after work or something, somewhere quiet where we can speak in private."

David's 9:30 appointment was indeed waiting in the outer office, and Sarah apologised to him for having kept him waiting, blaming an urgent matter that they needed to deal with. "Mr Branson will see you now," she said. "I am just going to get him a coffee, would you like one too?" The man agreed and asked for white, with sugar. Sarah opened the door to David's office and showed him in. "Mr Brown to see you David," she said, "I will bring the coffees in a few minutes." Giving him an encouraging smile, she closed the door.

With her thoughts in turmoil, Sarah headed for the canteen. Something of a misnomer these days because it was just a room with a few tables and chairs, two coffee machines, a sandwich vending machine and another which dispensed sweets and small packets of biscuits. "Not a lot of choice here" thought Sarah, "It looks like it is either 'Rich Tea' or 'Digestives'." Taking her 'vend card' from her purse, she inserted it into the slot and selected a packet of each. "Just as well the company pay for the coffee" she thought, when she saw on the display, how much credit she had left on the card, "I am getting a bit low on there, I will have to top it up." Taking one of the trays from the side, she put the 3 coffees and the biscuits on it and returned to the office.

Putting one cup on her desk, she tapped on David's door and entered with the tray. "Biscuit choice gets worse in that machine" she said, with a smile as she put the tray down on the side of David's desk. As she was about to leave, David said, "Oh Sarah! Regarding that other matter, I will be unable to make that appointment you suggested earlier; perhaps you could contact Mrs Robinson to arrange another appointment, at her earliest convenience. I am anxious to get this sorted out as soon as possible."

Sarah's eyebrows rose. 'Mrs Robinson now am I' she thought. 'Does he see himself as 'The Graduate' I wonder?' "Of course," she said, "I'll contact her secretary at once to cancel it. Perhaps we can get together with your diary before your next appointment, and then we can arrange another time. I know she is anxious to find a solution to this as soon as possible."

"As am I, Sarah," he said, "And thank you for the biscuits, they were unexpected."

"My pleasure" said Sarah, "Drink your coffee before it gets cold, and DON'T spill it on your shirt. Coffee leaves a stain and you can't keep sending me out to get you a new shirt so you will look presentable for the rest of the day." She looked at Mr Brown, "Sometimes I don't know what he would look like if I wasn't here to keep him in order."

David laughed, "I swear she is worse than my mother" he said. As Sarah was closing the door behind her, she heard him say, "An absolute treasure, my life would be hell without her to smooth out the bumps and keep things on track." Sarah smiled to herself, "You'd better believe it, Buster!" she thought.

About 10 minutes later, David showed Mr Brown out and asked Sarah to come in. As soon as they were sitting in his office, he said, "I am sorry about that, but I wanted to make a suggestion regarding somewhere to talk privately before you made arrangements at home to just go for a drink after work. Instead of doing that, do you think your husband would mind if I took you to dinner tonight, instead? I know a nice little restaurant, where the food is very good, and the tables are set in discreet alcoves. We could talk privately there over dinner and no-one could listen."

Sarah thought for a moment before answering. "I have a situation at home that I really need to get to the bottom of, and I was going to do that tonight, but it might be a good idea to let that stew for another day. I would have to go home first, to change. I would have to phone John to let him know I will be going out tonight and he would have to fend for himself. Yes, as long as it is understood that this is not a 'date', it is purely a discreet meeting where we can clear the air between us over this."

"Of course," said David, "I wouldn't presume it could be anything else. I simply thought this might create a more relaxed atmosphere where we could sort this mess out. I want to thank you for how you have taken this. Most ladies seeing that picture would have gone ballistic, and I would now be clearing my desk, watched by security. There is another thing I am going to do, I am going to go to my bank at lunchtime and stop the mandate for them to collect the payments for the car. It's the least I can do, after you ha............... What? What have I said? I thought you would be pleased."

Never the best at hiding her emotions, Sarah's face had 'ANGER' written all over it.

"You will do no such thing!" She said in a voice that brooked no argument. "What do the payments for the car have to do with this? Do you think that is why I am keeping this to myself? Do you think that is why I copied those pictures in a file on my computer? You say you have feelings for me then you as good as call me a blackmailer?"

David was on his knees in front of her, holding her hands in his, looking up at her. "I didn't mean that," he said, almost terrified that he had offended her in this way. "It was the only way I could think of to say thank you.

I have been going out of my mind with worry since I found the camera wasn't in my briefcase, last night. I came back here at about 10:30 and got security to let me in to search the office for it. When I couldn't find it I checked your desk and it wasn't there either, so I thought the cleaners must have picked it up. I knew it hadn't been handed in, because I had asked security. That's why I came in early today and had started clearing my desk, because I was sure that I was about to be sacked. When I asked you to come into my office, I was going to tell you that I had lost my camera and if anyone found it and looked at the pictures I would be fired. I wanted to warn you about it, and tell you that one of the pictures on the camera was of you, and I had taken it looking down your blouse and it showed your breasts.

When you put the camera on my desk, I looked at you, expecting you would be furious with me, but you didn't seem angry and I thought, maybe, if you hadn't looked at the pictures, I could just delete them, and nobody would know. But of course, you had looked and you did know. That was why I asked if you would allow me to resign and salvage some dignity, instead of being fired. I don't understand why I am still employed here, and even less, why you haven't stormed out on me. That's why I thought I could show my gratitude by cancelling the rest of the payments for the car. I never thought you would see that as an attempt to bribe you not to say anything. Please forgive me, honestly, I never meant it like that."

Looking at him, kneeling at her feet like he was, Sarah's heart went out to him. It occurred to her how strange a coincidence this was. The two men in her life, her boss and her husband, within a few hours of each other, were both almost in tears in front of her. "I think you had better get up," she said softly, all trace of her anger gone. "If anyone comes in, this would be all round the company before lunch, and the assumption would be that we are having an affair. Then I really would have to look for a new job. I am not entirely sure in my own mind, why I am not furious with you about that picture. I know I should be, but I am not. I spent some time looking at it last night, while John was out, and, by the way, he knows nothing about any of this. I didn't even tell him I had found the camera. The file I downloaded the pictures to is hidden away inside another file where he has no reason to go, so he won't see it. The file is also password protected so even if he finds the file he can't open it. I actually think it's a very nice picture. I am not even going to ask you to delete it ...... Well, not as such. I do think you should clear all of those photos from the camera memory, but if you want to keep them, including the one of me, on a secure computer at home, I don't mind.

Why have I not hit the roof over this? I'm not sure. For one, I actually like working for you. You have been very nice to me from the first day, although I realise now that was probably tied in to why you took that photo of me. You have never given me any cause for concern over the feelings you say have for me, in fact I never even suspected that you thought of me like that at all. Quite frankly, I am flattered. You are a very attractive young man David, and it is nice to know that I can still arouse those feelings in a man, especially one who is several years younger than me. You are intelligent, good at your job and respected. You have a good future ahead of you, and I certainly have no desire to put such a big black mark on that future. You say you have feelings for me, but you respect the fact that I am married. I am going to tell you that I too have feelings for you. Not the same as you say you have for me, but feelings just the same. I really like you, not just as the person I work for, but as a friend, and maybe a little bit more, as an attractive and well mannered young man."