Working Together

Story Info
Three deaths bring siblings together.
8k words
4.66
130k
103
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 05/01/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I got the call from my sister at six this morning, Mum had passed away, now both our parents were dead. Dad had died just last month, now Mum heartbroken had simply switched her life off to join him.

She had refused all medication and barely ate, she had lost the will to live and just stole away in the night. Jess, my sister had been there, but I had walked away too hurt to stay. With both parents gone my anchors in life had started to drift.

Jess and I hadn't been close since our teens, we had fallen out big time and never really recovered what had been, until then, a stable and happy childhood. The fracture was not instant it had been brewing for a while, but it was violent, shouting accusations at each other, exchanging verbal and physical blows and then long brooding, simmering silences. Now we had no one else but ourselves.

Neither Jess or I had found a partner, we each seemed to prefer our own company. Yes we had friends, well I assume, like me, Jess had a small group of trusted people that she called friends.

We had no other family that we knew of, both Mum and Dad were only children, a strange thing for their generation where with the war and depression, two, three or four brothers and sisters were the norm. In our turn we were expected to wed and raise the two point four children expected of Mr and Mrs Average.

I lay in bed, wondering what to do. Since Dads death, I had to return to our parents home, but, except for the funeral, had not visited at the same time as Jess was there, tacitly arranging things so we were never there together. Mum said nothing but she had lost everything and what was left was too fractured to heal.

The funeral was a bleak windswept affair at the local crematorium and only we three and a few friends attended. The Priest was perfunctory, none of us were regular attendees, so the service was quick and almost bland. We huddled outside to look at the flower tributes, then slunk away to have tea and sandwiches at the village hall, before the others feeling they had put in the required time also slipped away.

Mum had to he helped in and out, crying silently into her hankie. Jess one side me the other. We stood in the car park, looking at the small group of friends and well wishers. Then we simply mumbled a few thank you's and Jess took Mum home, as I returned to work. This was no real wake or celebration of Dads life, the reality was it simply ended at the crematorium.

I showered and dressed quickly, skipped breakfast for the drive to the hospital. As usual it was a mayhem of relatives and staff, all heading in different directions and criss crossing each other. Eventually. I found the ward and was ushered into a side room. Mum lay peacefully still, hands crossed on her small frame. Jess sat by her side, but stood to allow me to sit next to the bed. I put my hand on mums, feeling her cooling heat.

I mumbled a few thoughts, remembering the good times and then rose in tears to leave. As I did, Jess moved to me and without thinking I took her in my arms. We hugged tightly as the tears flowed. I felt like someone had ripped my heart out with a chisel, There was a gaping wound in my chest and it hurt. I howled and howled, as Jess held me and silently wept. I ran my hand over her hair pulling her head into my shoulder.

"Sorry, I'm sorry, so sorry, I love you and I miss you so much..." I managed to gasp.

Jess shooshed me and ran her hand over my head as she reached on tiptoe to hold me. I realised her effort and hunched slightly to allow her to put her feet firmly on the ground. She held me tight for what seemed like hours, but wasn't. Finally I relaxed my hold and she stepped back, her hands running around the sides of my face. I reached for her hand.

"We have to arrange another funeral, and we'll need to sort the house out, can you get time off for a while?"

"Of course Dave, I'll speak to the office and take some leave, we'll have a lot to deal with. I need to sort out a place temporarily, I can't stay at home on my own, not now, not with Mum gone."

"Stay with me I have a spare bedroom, please, I really want to make things up to you, I was a bastard and I know it. I knew it then but couldn't deal with it, I'm so sorry to have hurt you so much. Please stay with me!"

"OK, OK, of course I will, we need to talk about what's happened and also what happened back then. I think we owe it to ourselves to sort things out. For their sake, as much as ours, it would be what they would have wanted."

I nodded and leaned in to kiss her cheek, she let me and pecked mine. We hugged again then looked back at Mum.

"Bye Mum, we love you, so much, find Dad and be happy. We're going to be alright, we promise"

Jess sobbed and I put my arm around her shoulder, we held each other again. Then with a sigh we separated and holding hands walked out of the room. We made arrangements with the ward sister and she gave us another copy of the little booklet which detailed what would happen next and included the numbers of organisations we needed to contact. Much of it was still fresh in my mind from Dad's death a month ago.

I followed Jess in her car to Mum and Dad's, where I checked through the post and discarded the junk mail. Jess came downstairs with a suitcase and I carried it out to the car.

"Jess, there's not a lot of parking spaces at my place. Would you be prepared to leave your car on the drive here and come with me?"

"OK, sounds like a plan. If I need the car you can drop me off here."

I nodded, "Deal,"

We laughed and I put her case in the boot, seeing how she skipped to the passenger side and jumped in. I got in and keyed the engine to life then pulled on my seat belt and looked in both directions, before pulling out onto the road. I smiled as I caught Jess in the edge of my vision.

"What?"

"What?"

"You smiled as you looked at me."

"Why not, you're looking good."

"Same old Dave, you'll never change."

"Well you haven't changed, you look fantastic, do you exercise or what?"

"Ha! like I have time for that, no I just work hard six days a week."

"Wow! what are you doing now that takes up six days of your week."

"I'm a detective in the Met Police, major incidents and stuff."

"Bloody hell! Jess, I'd never had you pegged as a policewoman, aren't you too pretty?"

"Don't you start, I have enough with the crew at work. I've worked hard to get where I am, I didn't shag my bosses to get a leg up and I don't date anyone I work with."

"Whooo! OK, I get the message. Do you like what you do?"

"Yeah, I get a real buzz out of nicking scumbag shits, and knowing they're going to be off the streets hopefully for a long while."

"So are you a DC or what?"

"DCI, I take it they never told you?"

"Detective Chief Inspector, holy shit! you're a ranker, I'd better call you Ma'am."

"Ha! so what do you do?"

"I'm in aah! well I'm sort of working for the Government."

"Is my big brother a spook?"

"No, no, not really, well sort of, look it's nothing really, I do a lot of analysis stuff, boring really, just basic Intel and stuff. That's all, nowhere as glamorous as my little sisters job."

"So where are you based?"

"Well, it's just a big Government department, out in the west side of the City."

"You're in MI5 aren't you?"

"Well yes but I'm no spy-catcher, I'm more of an analyst, looking at stuff and making judgement calls, filing reports and requesting more information, that sort of thing."

"They never said, wow, Dave, I never knew, strange our paths never crossed, I've dealt with a couple of cases with security angles."

"You actually might have, I have cover names, just in case, when we deal with the public at large."

"Anyone I might know."

"Simon Flint, Donald Maybury, Angus..."

"Simon Flint sent us a stop and desist on a case we had last month, that was you?"

"Uh Huh, yes, that death in Hoxton, foreign national, no papers?"

"Yup, the very same."

"Sorry, I don't see the investigating officers name, just got sent a red flag notice to say "call them off"."

"Oh wow, well thanks for the notice, it was going nowhere anyway, at least this way we can put a closure notice and it helps the stats."

"Happy to be of service to the Met., how strange we both work in a similar area and yet..." I let it slide.

"I did check once, you're down as a filing clerk at the Department of Work and Pensions."

"Yes I know it was passed to my desk, I wrote the response."

"Bastard," she said smiling, she punched my arm lightly. "did you ever look me up?"

"Yeah, you were a lowly PC Plod pounding the streets of London Town."

"That was a while ago now, you never thought to check again."

"No"

"Oh!"

"Jess, I didn't think you'd want me interfering and those checks can leave a trace, I didn't want to upset you."

"Alright, I think I understand, it's just, well we have a lot of history and stuff, we need to revisit, I've waited years to get back to you, I really want to sort us out, I think it's what they would have wanted, I know it's what I want."

"Me too, I've been an arsehole and I know it, wasted years not doing the right thing, and regretting every day of it."

"Two way street Dave, I'm not proud of my behavior either."

"You married, divorced, boyfriend, girlfriend, partner, significant other?"

"None of the above, you?"

"Same, no one in or able to enter my life."

"What about me? can I get behind the armour, can you put your shield down for me."

"Here we are, grab your stuff we're on the second floor."

"Don't change the subject."

"Come in, get settled; have a brew and we'll talk."

"Promise?"

"Scouts Honour." I raise my hand in salute.

Thirty minutes later, Jess emerged from her room, showered and changed. She sat on the big sofa and swung her legs up under her and ran a brush through her drying hair. I brought coffee in and a plate of biscuits. She smiled and touched my hand as I put the tray down.

"Wow, totally domesticated, you have changed."

"Yeah, well loneliness means I have time on my hands and housework helps it pass. I made those biscuits by the way, I'm a domestic Kitchen God too now,"

She smiled and reached for a biscuit,biting into it carefully,

"Wow! they're good big brother, very, very good." She ate daintily and flicked her fingers over the plate, letting small crumbs fall from her fingers. I watched fascinated by her long slim hands, with a few freckles on their backs.

She looked up and smiled,

"What?"

"Nothing, just looking at you, you haven't really changed, you look about twenty, but I know you're not, you are beautiful you know."

"Compliments too! What ever are you after Dave Philpott?"

"You!" I smiled and stared at my gorgeous sister, what on earth was I doing? I blushed scarlet and gripped my cup tightly.

"Oh really! well you can't have me, can you and I suspect that's what caused the bust up. Am I right?" Her eyes flashed at me and her mouth lost the grin.

"Bang to rights, it's a fair cop officer, I'll come quietly, serve my time and pay society back. Go easy guv!"

"You idiot! I've missed you so much you twit, we were so stupid, stupid silly kids, well perhaps with time we can be more mature, we certainly owe Mum and Dad that."

"Yes, you're right, we do owe them that." I sat back and let my gaze run over my sisters body.

"Will you please stop looking at me like that? talk to me Dave, what went wrong between us. We just erupted and you were gone, I hated it, but I wasn't going to back down from whatever it was. We really hurt each other and Mum and Dad. What was going on in your head. I loved you so much, admired you, wanted to hang around with you, then Bang! What happened Dave?"

"I..I.. Look this is really difficult to talk about, I don't want you getting all weird on me but.. well I went from wanting you around to wanting to get away from you. Please don't panic, this is really, really difficult for me; it's something I'm not sure I've ever come to terms with; but I wanted you as more than a sister. I fell in love with this beautiful, intelligent, clever and active young girl, who used to be my admiring gangly, skinny little sister...

I wanted to hold you and stroke your hair, kiss your lips and feel your body against mine. I wanted you physically and I panicked. The result was the very thing I didn't want to happen happened, I lost you and I lost all reason to go on. On the surface I carried on working and learning, but inside I was dead. I never looked at another woman.

I had a few come on, but I let them know I wasn't in the market. I even had a couple of guys I worked with put out feelers, but I convinced them I didn't walk their side of the street. So there you are, I love you more than anything else in this world and I screwed up your chances of happiness in a selfish stupid act of anger."

"Oh Dave, I never knew, I'm so sorry, Oh God, I feel awful, all those years of being alone and hating you for ruining my life. You ruined your own too, what a stupid, stupid waste of our lives." Tears began to flow and she sobbed quietly as her body shook.

I couldn't stand it any longer, I moved to her side and enveloped her in a hug, kissing her hair and holding her tight. She shifted round and suddenly she was kissing my face and holding my head in her hands. Her lips touched mine and instinctively our mouths opened to each other. Our tongues danced around each others and our grip on each other tightened. I could feel her breasts pressing against me and my cock was trying to stiffen inside my pants, constricted by them and my trousers.

Her hand insinuated itself down my front then began to rub my cock through my clothes. I reached for her breast and held it in my hand, firm and round. I managed to get the other one in my other hand and gently felt the luscious firmness of them. She pulled back from the kiss but pushed her breasts into my hands.

"Dave, I haven't had the full guided tour, what's your bedroom like?"

She pulled back into a kiss, as I tried to stand still holding her. Reluctantly I released her breasts and swinging up and around, lifting her into my arms. I carried Jess, still kissing into my bedroom and lowered her to the bed. She broke away and panting, asked me to undress her. I needed no second bidding and quickly rid her of her gown and nightie, as I finished she began undressing me.

Naked we spread our self over the bed. I kissed, licked, sucked and caressed her body, as she did mine. We kissed again as she pushed me down and straddled my hips, my cock trapped in her soft warm wet groove, the head pointing up to my body. She began to wriggle on my cock, her body undulating over me, her panting loud in my ear.

"Jess. Jess, I'm going to... uuuuggghhhhhhhh"

I felt my balls boiling then spurts of cum jetted up my stomach, Jess rocked on lost in her own world.

"Dave, I love you, arrrrgghhhhhhhh..." she screamed, her rhythm increasing until she stopped, pushing hard against my deflating prick. She fell forward and I held her to me as she struggled to move her legs out behind her. My cum squashed against our bellies, my cock now withered back to normal size.

We lay together for ages until I felt her shiver, I pulled the bed cover over us and we held each other tightly. I must have dozed off, as I didn't feel her shift off me, waking I found her tight against me a leg over mine and and an arm round my neck. I kissed her cheek and ear, she giggled and muttered into my chest.

"Can't hear a word Sis, what did you say?"

"I said I love you, you big dummy, I've waited years to be in your arms, I can't believe it's finally happened. I love you so much Dave, so very much."

"Wow, really, so you thought the same way about me as I did for you?"

"Of course stupid, God I love your smell, what do you use?"

"Promise not to laugh?"

"Why?"

"Well a guy at work, his wife is an Avon lady..."

Jess snickered, then giggled and finally laughed out loud.

"Oh.. My...God, my brother has an Avon lady."

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing... aggghhhh."

I began tickling her and she tried to move away, I lept on top of her pinning her to the bed. All those years rolled away and we were teens again. I knew just where to touch her to cause the maximum screech and squirm, leaving her powerless to try to resist.

I crowed in victory as she squirmed under me. Suddenly I cried out as she slipped her hand onto my sticky cock and began to rub it between her fingers, I tried to move but she just gripped it harder. It grew and gave her more purchase, I fell to her side. She laughed and pulled me to her, we kissed again. Hands exploring everywhere.

Before long I was pushing my cock into her opening, her face flushed as she begged me to enter her fully. I said her name over and over and declared undying love. Suddenly there was a barrier. I stopped and looked down at her, a question on my lips.

"Yes I am. I saved myself for you, you're the only one I ever wanted, still want; take me Dave, make me a woman."

She thrust up to me and I pushed down. I felt myself passing the barrier as Jess grunted and tensed. I held still and waited, finally after a while adjusting to my cock being in her, she nodded and began to run her hands over my back. I slowly started to move inside her delicious love tunnel, feeling her lubricating my passage as we set up a slow dance together.

Again I soon felt the rush of my orgasm. I warned her of my imminent climax and this made herself move faster as she mewed and grunted until I could hold back no more. I came in shuddering bursts inside her, and she screamed my name. I tried to continue until I felt the walls of her vagina spasming around my wilting cock. We lay together until we both drifted of again.

...xxx...

"Hey sleepy head, this is all very well, but a girl could get hungry round here, what's for lunch?"

"You're hungry?"

"Ravenous and if you don't feed me soon I'll start eating you!"

"Is that a euphemism for oral sex?"

"No it's a promise from a hungry girl." she giggled and played with my cock. "Anyway I've never done that, but we can try later, but food please, does all this sex makes you hungry too? I hope I don't put on weight because of you."

"Shit Jess, we haven't taken precautions, are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Relax Dave, I've been on the pill since I was fourteen, just in case you got lucky."

"Really, you took precautions even then?"

"Of course, there was no way I wasn't going to let a chance to fuck you go by." she giggled and her hand came to her mouth.

"Jess, I have never heard you swear like that."

"I know, I have no idea why it came out like that, oh brother, you really have got to me." She slipped an arm round me and we kissed again.

"Lunch please. I'll go shower, you get lunch, please."

I nodded and she slipped out the bed, as she did, I saw a small pool of cum with blood spots on the bed.

"Jess are you bleeding?" I shouted after her.

"Probably but it's not hurting now, the feeling is definitely pleasure not pain. Thanks Big Brother for popping my cherry, it was well worth the wait."

Then the toilet flushed and the shower door clanged, followed by water spraying as she showered.

I pulled on my trousers, nor bothering with my pants or a shirt. Padding into the kitchen I began to assemble a lunch fit for a princess. As I lay the counter with napkins, coasters and cutlery, she wandered in, a small towel that did nothing to hide her body almost wrapped round her. Smiling she let it drop to the floor, as I marveled at her flawless skin and curvy shape. I stared at her like a lost puppy. She was perfect, pert breasts, flat stomach, shaven pussy and a light last summer tan. I grinned,

"Shit! you are so sexy, I'd confess to anything if you asked me. I can't believe just how beautiful you are, Jess you're perfect. I really can't take my eyes off you."