Xena & Gabrielle Ch. 02

Story Info
Gabrielle has a confession for Xena.
1.4k words
4.16
26.9k
11

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 10/26/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is the second section to the "true" story of Xena and Gabrielle. The first part of the story has been published as an introduction. You will find this story extremely subtext-friendly. If two women showing their love for one another is not your cup of tea, please find another story you'd like to read. This story will be submitted in several parts and is based off the series, yet the "history" has been changed somewhat to suit the purposes of this story. Not all sections will contain erotic sex scenes as there is a plot.

Also, I'd like to note that I do not own Xena: Warrior Princess, the series, or the characters and I will not be receiving any payment whatsoever for writing this story. It is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Happy reading!

Xena and Gabrielle ::: Gabrielle's Confession

All was quiet, only the peaceful sounds of the night could be heard. It was a beautiful summer night and billions of bright stars lit up the sky. Gabrielle lay before the crackling fire, feeling a cool breeze upon her face as the flames flickered, reminding her of hundreds of peaceful nights when she had lain on the bedrolls beside Xena just as she did now. Gabrielle's gaze caught upon the face of the full moon, seeing it's bright glow, then her gaze moved to Xena, seeing her countenance illuminated by the silvery moonlight. "Xena," Gabrielle spoke in a soft whisper, trying to get the Warrior Princess's attention.

Not long ago, Gabrielle had set her quill, ink, and scroll aside. There hadn't been enough light for her to pen another word. It was her nightly ritual, to write of her and Xena's adventures within her many scrolls she carried in their saddlebags. Gabrielle loved to write, and she was a very gifted bard. She wrote of Xena, her fighting skills, and how she and Xena faught together for the greater good. Because of Gabrielle coming into Xena's life, the Warrior Princess had changed for the better, and Gabrielle loved to write of that transformation in her scrolls. As they travelled they often came upon a tavern or an inn. Gabrielle would stand up before the crowd and tell her stories of their adventures, making a few dinars here and there from those who loved her stories. It was enough to get them some supplies for their journey and oftentimes a comfortable room and a hot bath for a pleasant night's sleep.

Gabrielle's writings had been difficult as of late. After Callisto had murdered her husband, making her a widow at just a bit over twenty years old, Gabrielle had struggled to find the words. Now Callisto's trail had vanished into thin air, and Gabrielle wasn't even certain if she would ever avenge the death of the man she had married. She couldn't make Callisto pay for her evil deed, when the horrible woman refused to be found.

As their eyes met over the flickering fire, Gabrielle knew it was time to get what had been bothering her off her chest. It was time she made a confession to Xena. As she began to speak, she hoped and prayed Xena would understand. Her heart would break anew if Xena was angry she had kept so much from her, afterall she had been overcome with grief these past three weeks, barely even able to speak at all.

"Xena, there is something I must tell you... but promise you will listen to what I have to say.... Please, do not interrupt. This isn't going to be easy for me...." spoke Gabrielle, her voice quivering a little with the many emotions she was trying to keep under control. She was inwardly praying to the Gods, hoping that Xena would take this news well, and that the Warrior Princess wouldn't be angry due to Gabrielle's silence.

"On the morning, that.... that Perdicus was... murdered, he and I were coming to find you. We had went to the inn where you had been staying, but the innkeeper said you had left. We made a mad dash to find you. You see, Xena... I wanted to go to you that night, but Perdicus would not let me," Gabrielle began, sucking in her breath a little. This was harder to confess than she had ever imagined, not knowing how Xena was going to react to her news.

"But as you know, as we came upon you on the road leaving Podedia, Callisto intervened, killing Perdicus before you and I had the chance to speak. That psychotic woman just killed him, my childhood friend, my husband... and there was nothing I could do...." said Gabrielle, as fresh tears came to her eyes and slowly fell down her cheeks.

"Xena, about my wedding night...." she said, quickly brushing her tears away from her hot cheeks. "There is something you must know. I---- I must tell you everything that happened that night..."

Xena looked like she might protest, so Gabrielle began to speak faster, knowing she MUST get this all out. "No, Xena... you HAVE to hear this," Gabrielle insisted, continuing with her story. "You see, it was my first time... and I was very shy... and very afraid. I was not even sure what was going to happen. I was scared, but Perdicus tried to ease my fears. He caressed my hair, told me he wasn't even good at it... tried to make me laugh. But I--- I just pulled away, walked to the window.... gazed out, thinking of you. Wondering if you had left.... wondering if I would ever see you again. Perdicus saw me crying. He wrapped his arms around me, tried to comfort me. All I could think of was you. He carried me to the bed, kissing me passionately. He removed my nightdress, and then he----- he took off his clothes. That's when I got really scared. I knew I couldn't go through with it. Despite his passionate kisses.... despite them stirring me somewhat, I .... I could only think of you. When he got on top of me, tried to merge his body with mine, I cried out... I pushed him away.... I began sobbing... and he stopped."

"Perdicus was an honorable man. He loved me... he and I were best friends growing up. He didn't want to hurt me, Xena. So he stopped. And as he held me, caressed me and comforted me, the truth came pouring out....."

Gabrielle took a deep breath. "Xena, I told him I had made a mistake. Our wedding, our marriage, it was a mistake. It was a mistake, Xena... because I belong with you. I belong by your side. I never want to leave you again. I love you, Xena...."

"It's you that I love... you that I have ALWAYS loved. I will never love another....." Gabrielle confessed.

"I wanted to tell you... but I could never find the words. When you look at me, when you touch me, my soul melts... my heart beats faster and I can scarcely breathe. When you hold me in your arms at night, I want to kiss you. I want to touch you. I want to share with you all the things I have only dreamed of...."

"But I was afraid, afraid you didn't feel the same for me... afraid that you might not want me... or that I am too young and inexperienced for you... perhaps you want someone wiser and more beautiful....." Gabrielle went on. "I wanted to tell you a million times, but I couldn't. You are my best friend, I absolutely adore you; and I didn't want to harm our friendship, so I never told you...."

"I would just ... you know..." said Gabrielle with a small blush. "When you went out to check things out at night as we made camp, I would pleasure myself, thinking of you, and how much I loved and wanted you.... But that wasn't enough, not anymore... I wanted more, Xena..... I wanted YOU. So when Perdicus came along, asking for me to marry him, I did what I felt I HAD to do... I couldn't have you... so I went to him."

"Xena, I am so sorry. I betrayed him..... and I betrayed you, too. He said he understood... he was taking me to you... but then Callisto killed him. It's all my fault... I betrayed him, now I can't even avenge his death. Xena, will you forgive me?" Gabrielle asked, reaching for Xena's hand, taking it into hers and pressing it against her cheek in a soft caress. "I love you... please forgive me for not telling you sooner...."

Stay tuned for the next chapter --- Xena's Response