Yellow Ch. 03

Story Info
Matt and Dan face off for the first time.
1.3k words
2.71
27.6k
0

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/22/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3: The More, The Merrier?

No one was answering the door, so Dan kicked it open. It was unlocked. Amazed, and worried, he barged into the front hall and looked around. There was no sign of Matt anywhere. He must be staying at a hotel, Dan reasoned. He closed the door behind him and ventured into the kitchen. It was spotless. A little bewildered now, Dan went back into the hall, removed his sneakers, and eased into the living room.

The place was empty except for Susan's coat, which was tossed across the sofa. Suddenly a female voice erupted from the corner, startling him.

"Missing something?"

He whirled around to see a blond woman sitting, almost hidden, on the armchair in the corner. She was gorgeous, wearing shorts that showed off her long, slim legs and a belly shirt that barely covered her ample chest. She rose from the chair and walked over to him, rubbing a hand absently across her flat stomach. Her sharp green eyes bore into Dan's, making him uncomfortable. He moved away from her.

"I—I'm just looking for Susan," he stammered, trying not to peer down her shirt at her chest. "I was told that Matt, her ex, was here with her. Where is she?"

The woman chuckled. "You're cute." She reached up to kiss his cheek, but he pushed her away gently.

"Look, lady, I just want to know where Susan is."

"She's in her bedroom. But don't bother looking for her. She and Matt are in the middle of something, if you catch my drift." She smirked at him as he started off to Susan's room.

"Oh, God." He was too late. Crushed and defeated, he went to the nearest chair and slumped down into it. Everything was all fucked up now. Susan surely wouldn't want to hear from him, and Matt was probably going to get after him, anyway.

"Poor baby." The woman settled into his lap, facing him, holding him down firmly with both hands. "You were looking to get with her, weren't you?"

"Listen, I don't know who you are, but please get off me right now. I'm already in love with someone else, and I don't need this—"

"But she doesn't love you back, does she?" The woman stared hard at him. She already knew the answer. Tricia had been over this many times with Susan already.

"Hey, what are you saying?" Incensed, Dan started to throw her off to the side, but she stayed in place. Damn, she was strong.

"I'm saying, I want you for myself." Tricia swooped in, unannounced, and kissed Dan hard on the mouth, startling him. She kissed him almost roughly, intensely, until he responded in kind. Her hands went to work on the belt on his jeans, unbuckling it.

* * * * *

Susan had long since untied Matt and they were lying side by side in her bed together, both naked. Matt had a satisfied lazy grin on his face while Susan was expressionless.

"I love you, Susan," he admitted with a sigh, giving in to her, to the moment. His hand brushed hair from her forehead, tracing an invisible line with his finger. "I love you, too, Matt."

* * * * *

Dan suddenly came to his senses and pushed Tricia away, his face intense and serious. "Get off me, you whore." He stalked towards the kitchen, wiping off his mouth. His jeans had been unbuckled and unzipped, so he kicked them off, not caring how he looked.

Stunned, Tricia sat down on the couch and didn't follow him. She exhaled heavily.

In the kitchen, Dan went searching through the refrigerator and pulled out an unopened bottle of Michelob. He popped it open and took a huge swig, then returned to the living room. Tricia didn't even look at him. He ran a hand through his hair, tired.

"Look, I'm sorry I called you a whore. But you've got to understand, I'm in love with Susan. Now, where is she, really?" "She's upstairs, in her bedroom, like I said." "With Matt, huh?" "Yeah. I guess they're getting back together." Tricia's tone became genuinely sympathetic. "You love her, don't you?" "Of course I do. But I was a shit-head. I never made the right moves on time." "Well, if it's meant to be, it'll happen." "Right," he said sarcastically, taking another sip. He glanced at her. "I mean, thanks."

A man's footsteps were heard coming down the stairs, and Dan sat forward sharply, tensing up again. Susan's lighthearted giggle came right after that. "Oh, Matt, you wouldn't do that...would you?" Matt and Susan rounded the corner into the living room, Susan pulling a bathrobe tightly around her, and they stopped and stared at the other two.

"Oh, my God." Susan's eyes went wide. "Were you two just making out?" "No! No! I came to see you!" Dan bolted off the couch towards her. "Get away from him! Susan, I need to talk to you now!" "Don't even come near her, punk," Matt growled, grabbing a baseball bat that was leaning against the wall. "I swear, I'll break your head open. Who is this nut, Susan?" "It's okay, he's a friend. For Christ's sake, put that bat DOWN!" She grabbed the bat from him and went to push Dan back onto the couch, taking his hand in hers. "Dan, what the hell are you doing here?!"

He stared at her, incredulous. "She told me that Matt was here, so I came over right away, because I wanted to say—" He stopped just in time.

"You wanted to say what?" "I—Susan, I love you! Don't go back to that loser! He's not good enough for you."

Matt grabbed the bat again. "You miserable bastard! Don't tell her what to do." Something inside Dan snapped, and he wrenched the bat out of Matt's startled grip, throwing it aside to the floor. Then he pushed Matt back a foot. "You better watch it, moron."

Matt raised his arm to punch him, but Dan was quicker. He intercepted the haymaker, but then Matt slammed his other fist into Dan's stomach. When Dan bent over, groaning, Matt kicked him in the face. Susan gasped out loud and tried to pull Dan back, but Tricia restrained her, shaking her head no. While Dan was rolling around on the floor, clutching his stomach, Matt picked up the baseball bat again.

"No, Matt! Stop it! That's enough!" Susan broke away from Tricia and made for the bat in his hands. Matt threw her to the side, enraged, and a hush fell over the room.

"Oh, buddy, you asked for it, " Dan growled. "You can knock me around all you want, but you do not lay a hand on her. If you hurt her, I'll hurt you." "You amuse me, buddy." Matt was smirking. "Trying to play the hero even though you're completely fucked up." "You're the fucked up one." Dan grabbed a heavy encyclopedia book from the table and started to swing it at Matt's head, when he suddenly went ashen and crumpled on the floor. Tricia was standing over him, flushed, panting from when she had just kicked him in the groin. This time, Dan didn't get up. He knew it was over. He'd lost her again.

Susan took the encyclopedia from his hand. Her face held no expression. "I think that you should leave, Dan. You're just causing more trouble for everyone."

"Fine. I see how it is." Dan staggered to his feet, biting his lip in pain. He seemed near tears. "I just wanted you to know, I love you. I always have. I just wish..." He slowly put his jeans back on, not looking at any of them.

They were all staring at him now. He didn't finish his sentence, but instead muttered, "I'll see you later." He limped out into the front hall and out the door. No one said anything for the longest time. Tricia picked up the beer bottle and walked into the kitchen to finish it, lost in thought. Susan went to Matt, who wrapped his arms around her as she began to cry. The afternoon faded into darkness and still they didn't move, absorbed in each other.