Yes, Dear Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,945 Followers

I put my coffee down carefully and climbed into his lap.

"let's make some new memories, something to cheer you up when you feel down."

I'll admit it. I had very limited experience when it came to kissing, but to balance it I had a lot of enthusiasm. They got longer, hotter, more intense.

I could feel his erection, and ground my bottom against it. By now he was caressing my breasts through my dress. They were hard as diamond cutters, I was afraid they were going to rub a hole through the fabric. Soon his hand was underneath my dress, sliding over my stocking tops, caressing the bare skin between them and my panties. Just as he was about to go higher I regained my senses and jumped off his lap. I had almost lost it.

I could see the disappointment in his eyes. I started kissing him again.

"Please honey, it's too soon. We barely know each other. Let's take our time. When it's ready to happen, we'll know it. Please don't dump me, I'm just not ready."

He pulled back and held my face in his hands.

"Dump you? After this and what you just said? Sorry babe, that's not gonna happen. I want you, but I'm not stupid enough to rush you. You're kind of stuck with me, for a long, long time, I hope. But I'm only human, so I think it's time for me to take you home. Come on."

The only place I wanted to go was his bedroom, but I got in his car.

There was another steamy set of kisses at my door.

"When will I see you again?"

He looked surprised.

"Sunday lunch. You promised Aunt Rita, remember?" I'm not going to pick you up, you have to be there at ten thirty, I'll be there just before one."

I was confused.

"Why do I have to be there so early?"

His grin was huge.

"Because you have to help cook. Every woman in the family does it on a regular basis. Also, to stand inspection. Don't be surprised at the amount or the nature of their questions, my family is pretty direct. Oh, and wear a nice, simple dress. Aunt Rita is a traditionalist. She thinks women should wear dresses to family affairs. See you then."

Another quick kiss and he was gone.

..................................................

Houston, we have a problem.

I didn't know how to cook. Not the simplest thing. I agonized over it, getting little sleep Friday night. I tried watching about six hours of cooking shows, but nothing stuck. She was desperate, so she showed up at the restaurant early Saturday evening to talk to Aunt Rita.

Gina kissed me when I showed up unannounced. Aunt Rita kissed me in the kitchen. Some little woman who looked to be about a hundred grabbed me and kissed both cheeks, spouting in Italian.. She was pretty strong for a little old lady.

Rita laughed.

"My mother. She comes in on the weekends. Not to actually work, just to make sure we don't screw up. Mama says you're very pretty, you'll make Brian a good wife, but you're too skinny."

"Brian's not here. He had to work today to catchup some things that threw the schedule off. He came by, picked up his supper, and left. He looked exhausted."

Here it was. Time to confess.

"Um, I'm here to talk to you, Aunt Rita[she insisted on me calling her that], about tomorrow. I don't think I can make it."

She looked into my eyes for a second, turned and said something in rapid Italian, and we were soon seated at the back of the kitchen with two small glasses of wine. She got right to the point.

"Why? Brian has really been looking forward to showing you off. It'll hurt him pretty badly if you don't come."

I fidgeted.

"I can't cook!" I blurted out, then cringed in shame.

When I heard her laughing I looked up.

"That's it? You can't cook? Are you afraid that will shame Brian, make you less desirable? Silly girl. Brian would probably laugh and do the cooking for you."

She turned and said something to her mother.

The old woman cackled, then reached over and took her my hand, rattling something off in Italian.

Rita laughed. "Speak English, Mom."

She was pulling me along.

"Come child, follow me. Call me Nonna, alright?"

I spent three hours following her around the kitchen, wearing an apron. I tasted sauces, gave opinions, chopped onions and other vegetables. I learned the proper way to hold a knife for maximum efficiency and minimum risk, what "al dente" meant, and other things I was supposed to remember but promptly forgot. At the end, I was exhausted.

Rita, Nonna, and I sat down for another small glass of wine.

They both gave me a kiss and hug, and sent me home.

I barely made a shower before I collapsed, exhausted.

I was up at eight, obsessing over what to wear. I finally picked out a simple, light blue sundress and flat sandals. I put my hair up in a ponytail, for the first time since I was seventeen.

There were twelve women and three teenage girls there when I walked in. The place was closed, only family and select friends allowed. And men were not allowed in until twelve.

Everyone of them kissed and hugged me, handing me an apron. It had my name on it. Nonna took charge of me again, and I assisted where I could. Every one of them gave me help and instructions, and I finally started getting it. I even picked up a few words in Italian. I was having so much fun I didn't notice the time until I was swept of my feet and twirled around, getting soundly kissed.

"Hi, honey." I said to Brian, futility trying to smooth my dress and hair at the same time.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me along, introducing me to uncles, cousins and friends. I felt like the skin was being worn off her cheek. I finally got to flee back into the kitchen.

I got to escort Nonna out of the kitchen and to her place at the head of the table. I was given the honor of serving her first, she was a true matriarch, revered by all present.

Then we brought the platters out and settled into one of the happiest, loudest meals I've ever enjoyed.

Brian looked at me and smiled happily.

"Who told you to call my grandmother Nonna?"

"She did. Why?"

Brians' smile got bigger.

"Do you feel special? I think you are, and more importantly Nonna thinks so too. Nonna means grandmother. You're acceptance into the family, you're one of us now."

About that time Nonna tapped a wine glass. When everyone got silent. She made a little toast in Italian. I heard our names mentioned, and then every one raised their glasses.

"SALUD!"

I held my glass up and smiled.

"What was that about?"

"Nonna just told everyone that our rehearsal dinner was going to be here."

"What rehearsal?"

"Why, our wedding rehearsal, you silly girl."

I gave a little shriek and fled to the bathroom. Aunt Rita came to get me.

"Come on girl, you have to meet your new family."

"But we've only dated three times counting today. It's way too early yet. I don't know if he even likes me that much."

She had me in front of the mirror, brushing out my hair.

"Oh, he like you, a lot. And Nonna is never wrong. She says she her grandmother was a full gypsy, and she has the sight, the ability to tell the future. Don't fight it. Now fix your face, and come on back out."

We stayed until eight, dining again. In between, the men played cards and watched a ball game, while the women cleaned the kitchen and then sat by themselves, passing family information and gossip, Holding babies, keeping the toddlers occupied, and of course, talking about their men. I'd never felt so loved.

...............................................

I kept telling myself I would tell him the truth by the next date, but I always ended up so happy to be with him I would postpone it. My job had me work long hours and travel sometimes, while his work and school schedule kept him pretty busy during the week. We managed to have lunch together a couple of times a week, and practically lived together on the weekends.

Then something happened that cemented my relationship to his family beyond his wildest dreams. We were looking at helping an Italian firm and a German firm merge their American affiliates. We had been working on this for months, when suddenly the Italians balked, seems one of the Germans managed to insult their CEO.

It was my project, so I had to go to Italy to smooth feathers. Normally Aubrey went with me. They were empty nesters, and she enjoyed the trips tremendously. Sometime her husband would take vacation and go with us. He got to sight see while we worked, then he would gather Aubrey up and be gone. I would look at them and marvel love like that was still possible.

She asked if she could stay home this time. She had two sons and a daughter, and the daughter was due with her first child any minute, and she didn't want to miss it. I was taking a substitute, a competent young woman.

I developed the habit of eating at the cafe once a week while Brian attended classes, often ending up helping. We were sitting after the dinner rush, enjoying out traditional glass of wine. I told them I probably wasn't going to be there in two weeks, I had to travel to Verona on business.

Nonna started rattling off things in Italian. When Aunt Rita calmed her down, she told me her Nonna was born in Verona, and emigrated her with her parents when she was ten, in 1949. She was rattling off people I should go see, when I shocked all of them.

"You know, it would be a lot easier if Nonna just went with me. It would give me a chance to burn up some of my frequent flyer miles, and I'll gladly pay for anything else. It would mean a lot to me. Gina is between semesters, she could go along to keep her company while I work. Would you think about it? Please Nonna, I'd love for you to go. I'm sure Gina would like it to. Will you think about it?"

Nonna surprised us all when she started crying and hugging me.

Later on, Rita gave me a big hug and kiss.

"What you offered back there was very kind. You are going to be my favorite unofficial daughter in law, I can feel it. Kiss Brian for me. And Andi, Nonna says you're hiding something. She says you need to tell him, soon. And she said not to worry. It'll all work out."

I wish I had that faith.

The next weekend was the first time Brian told me he loved me. I cried for joy, then for fear. I had to tell him, come what may. He deserved the truth.

................................................

I was going to make this a stand alone story, but I'm having too much fun with it, so look for one, or maybe two more chapters. I've got most of the second done, look for it in about six days. Thanks for reading.

qhml1
qhml1
8,945 Followers