You Can't Always Get What You Want Ch. 02

Story Info
Taylor and Essence's mother devise a plan.
1.7k words
3.67
14k
00

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/21/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Their place was a small clearing in the woods, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It was an hour's drive and no one knew of it except them and a couple of Justin's friends, which had also become some of Essence's closest friends.

Every time they came there Essence was surprised anew. A clearing big enough for three cars to squeeze. Trees everywhere, also making it near impossible to find it unless you knew how, ensuring privacy. It was being in nature and letting yourself go in the freedom.

They always came here at night. Surrounded in darkness. Sometimes it scared Essence, because the place was haunted. They had all felt the presence's of the couple who had died there. Car broke down, no food, no contact with the outside world.

With all that, you would think no one would go out there. But what Justin and Essence and their few close friends who came out there knew that most didn't, was that the couple were protectors. As long as you respected them, they would help you if you needed it.

Essence knew her basis of fear was not necessary, but it was still there, underneath the surface, not bubbling up often, but always there.

When Justin parked, Essence immediately went back into his arms, burying her face within the niche of his shoulder and neck, inhaling his cologne.

She was safe within the circle of his arms, everything there was right.

The whole drive there and while he was holding her, his mind was constantly going. He promises her they would always be together, that everything was going to be okay. So now, how was he going to follow through on his promise? There was no way in hell he was letting her go, that this Hanson guy was taking her away from him.

They could run away, he thought, but he didn't want to resort to such drastic measures, yet. He knew without a doubt that Essence would do it, but he didn't want to run away unless it was the only thing left to them.

Thankfully, Essence didn't say one word about what they were going to do. She just leaned against him, letting the peace of the clearing in the night surround her.

But that didn't mean her mind wasn't racing. She was having the exact same thoughts as he was. Ever since her parents dumped this on her, the constant thing that kept occupying her was running away.

Being able to be with Justin all the time, away from the problems, away from everyone. Her parents didn't even really like him because of him dressing goth/metal. They especially didn't like that he had his lip pierced, his tongue pierced, and three piercings in one ear and one in the other. Not to mention he had three tattoos: one of the Grim Reaper on his leg, a sword on his upper arm, and a vampire cross on his back.

They only put up with him because they knew Essence wouldn't leave him. And now she understood why they tolerated him. They figured she wouldn't be with him for much longer.

Well she'd show them. She loved Justin and the timefor Taylor having her love was long gone. He was too late.

"I love you Justin," she whispered into the silence.

"I love you too sweethart," he kissed the top of her head and held her tighter still.

While Essence and Justin were where no one knew, Taylor had arrived at her house.

Karen had embraced him like she would a son and then asked him to wait in the living room while she went to fetch his future bride.

Taylor couldn't wait to finally meet Essence. She had been pointed out to him at the couple concerts of his band's she'd been able to attend, but for the sake of both of them, it was agreed they'd never meet before it was time to tell her about the arrangement.

They were supposed to marry last year in 2004, the summer after she turned eighteen. But because of his stupid choices, their wedding had to be put on hold for two more years.

He was bored with the girls he met. Especially when he knew he already had someone. But when he met Natalie, he still had a little over two years until the marriage, plenty of time to fool around. Something besides music to make the time go faster.

What a mistake that turned out to be. Now he had to worry if Essence would accept his son, Ezra.

Ezra.

Just the thought of his two year old son made him smile. Even though the whole thing of Natalie being pregnant being wrong, and the fact that she was the wrong woman to be the mother of Ezra, and even though Ezra was born too early, Ezra himself was definitely not a mistake. If Essence couldn't accept his son, then he would have to find some way to break off the engagement. He loved his son too much to marry a girl who wouldn't love him too.

But he didn't think Essence was like that. She seemed to be a sweet, caring person. He only hoped appearances, in this case, were right.

He didn't know much about her. Just her age, what she looked like, sort of, that she'd been a dedicated fan of his band for around eight years. That was about it.

Everyone had decided to not let Essence know anything about Taylor, though that backfired when he and his brothers became famous, and for Tay not to know much about Essence, so they would have things to talk about.

Even though Essence knew quite a bit about Taylor, there was still a lot she didn't know. So everything would work out just fine.

Tay was jolted out of his thoughts as soon as Essence's mother hurried back into the room with a worried look on her face.

He automatically stood up as he saw her features twisted into a frown and her hands wringing together, "What's wrong?"

"Essence isn't in her room. I was hoping she'd accept...I mean, that she'd give up that silly notion that she had loved you before and that you broke her heart," she was talking more to herself than to him, but Taylor was very interested in what she was revealing.

He slowly sat back down, casually saying, "Really? I had no idea."

"No no, of course not. All it was was a crush that she seemed to think was more. Stupid girl," she shook her head, not even realizing what she was saying, "Now she is being extremely difficult with this arrangement. All because of nonsense."

Taylor was appalled. Obviously Essence's mother didn't care much about her, it was quite apparent to him. He didn't show any reaction to her tirade though. Instead, he decided to agree to see what else she may say, "Yes, it is nonsense. She doesn't know me, so she can't have possibly loved me." Even though he didn't know her, saying that made his heart ache. He wondered at that strange realization.

"Exactly," she was pacing now.

Tay followed her progress with his eyes, " So, would you happen to know where she went?"

"Oh, I know exactly where. Well, not exactly. But I know who she's with. That idiot boy that she thinks she's in love with, and that she thinks is in love with her. I thought I raised an intelligent daughter. Apparently I failed," she shook her head in disgust.

The ache in his heart seemed to become more pronounced, "So she's with this guy that she loves...um, thinks she loves? What's his name?" he tried to sound as if it didn't matter to him.

"Justin. We only put up with her being with him cause we knew it wouldn't last. We felt a distraction was what she needed. Especially since you had one too. But now it seems she's going to fight this arrangement harder than we anticipated. She has it in her head that they are going to be together forever. 'Soul Mates'," she made quotations with her fingers, "so to speak."

"Um, yes. What a ridiculous idea," he said, hesitantly.

"Indeed it is. Just wait until she gets back. I'm going to forbid her to see him again," she finally sat down at the end of this vehement statement.

"If I could suggest something?" when she nodded, he continued, "Instead, I could just tell her that I don't completely agree with her and me getting married either and want to get to know her better, she may be more amenable. I think having her believe I'm on her side will make her more accepting of our marriage than her being forced into it."

Karen was silent for a couple minutes while she thought this over. "Yes," she conceded, slowly, staring out the window, "Excellent idea. Tricking her is just the thing."

Tay rolled his eyes but said nothing.

"Once you get her cooperation, we can plan the wedding. Try not to take more than a month or two though. Do whatever it takes," she smiled, pleased with herself.

"Of course. I'm sure I can change her mind about all this." They sat in silence for a minute, then he said, "Well, I better be going. I'll get in touch with Essence soon." He got up.

Karen walked him to the door, "Don't be too long. We don't really have much time."

"I won't. Bye." He climbed in his car and drove off, glad to be away from her. "What a lunatic," he mumbled to himself.

As he drove through the town to the house he had rented for the time being, he let his mind wander.

He wasn't doing this for Essence's mother. As selfish as is sounded, he was going to get Essence to agree to marry him for himself.

He didn't know her, but it was definitely not a good thought that she was with a guy that was not him. It really bothered him, but why?

"Probably because I got used the idea that she was the one I would marry," he said to his reflection in the rear view mirror, "Plus, a guy having a girl that's supposed to be mine, I won't tolerate that."

"Yes," he whispered, "that's it."

But as he pulled up to his house, he wasn't so sure that that was the reason. Not sure at all.