You Can't Do That! Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,905 Followers

"Grandpa know you got his car out?"

I just smiled, pulled a twenty out of my pocket, held it up, popped it twice so he could see the denomination, and laid it on the dash. Twenty bucks was serious cash back then, especially to a college student. He was so surprised that when the stoplight changed he missed it, and I pulled sedately away. We could hear the girls laughing.

He pulled up beside me again, his pride hurt.

"You're on!" he yelled, putting a twenty on his dash, roaring and popping.

He didn't have a chance. When the light changed and I put my foot in that four barrel, we were gone. He was fishtailing while my stabilizer bars kept me right on track.

We pulled over in a grocery store parking lot.

"I can't fucking believe it! What the hell is this thing?"

Soon we had the hoods of both popped, swapping stories. It worked out pretty well, he had two extra girls and I had one extra guy.

It was a warm evening at the beginning of summer. Everybody had their windows down, radio blasting.

I was into the cars and didn't pay much attention at first. He was trying to talk me into going to another location, doing the same thing we had done, running me in as a ringer and cleaning up on side bets.

Billy was urging me on. He had an eye for the short blonde in the back seat.

"C'mon, I'll ride with them, the other girl can ride with you. Maybe we'll get a little pussy out of the deal."

I was laughing, saying I bet she was a dog, when the brunette finally got out of the car.

She was trying to untangle her mass of waist length, curly hair and pull it back. Her skimpy halter top was riding over the bottom of her midsized, perky breasts, straining against erect nipples. She got her hair in order and looked at me. Her cut off jeans just barely contained her ass cheeks.

"Hi" she said grinning and extending her hand, "I'm Sheila. Woof."

Shit! A stone cold fox had just heard me say she was probably a dog. I went bright red and stuttered while everyone else fell back laughing.

She accepted my apology, let me buy her a bottle of wine, and was in the front seat for the rest of the night. The girls were nursing students at our college, which explained why our paths didn't cross before.

Billy did indeed get some pussy that night, but I didn't. By the time we got back to the apartment they shared with two others, she was passed out. I got to carry her in and put her on the couch. I didn't even get a kiss.

The next day she was at my apartment, holding her head. I didn't see anyone else.

"How did you know where I lived? How did you get here?"

Still holding her head, she walked by me and lay down on the couch.

"Sabrina dropped me when she brought Billy home. I felt bad, passing out on you last night. I came by to see if you were as cute sober. Can I have some water and a few aspirin?"

I got it for her, darkened the shades, and she lay back. She promptly fell asleep. She slept for three hours and woke up with a start.

"Where the hell am I?"

I had been in the kitchen, studying.

"You're at my house. Remember me? Sabrina brought you over just before noon. Apparently you needed a little more sleep."

She went bright red, then giggled.

"Well, I guess that'll teach you not to let me drink two bottles of wine. I'm hungry."

She used the bathroom, neatened up a bit, and we went to a little place close by. She looked at me.

"I don't think a greasy burger or pizza would go over too well. That and sandwiches are the extent of my culinary skills."

The place was quietly famous for their homemade soups and breads. According to what type soup you ordered, sometimes the loaf was the bowl. It was filling, good, and fairly cheap. She had never been there.

Feeling human again, we went to the park and hung out, talking to each other and whatever friends happened by. A couple guys she knew came by with guitars, and we sat around and sang. She had a good voice. It's one of my better memories.

I asked her if she was ready to go home and she said she'd like to go back to my place for awhile. I had no problem. She made me stop at a store and came back with a twelvepack and some chips.

We drank two beers when she went into the bathroom. I was surprised when I heard the shower running. Even more surprised when she called out to me. But I was most surprised when she opened the door and stood there naked.

"We need towels" she said in a calm voice. She turned and walked back towards the shower. I was dumbstruck, watching that incredibly cute ass sway back and forth. She looked over her shoulder and grinned.

"You coming or what?"

It definitely wasn't what.

She was the type of woman who inspired so many goofy love songs of that era. Long, lean, all hard nipples and soft pussy. She had a thick bush, women didn't shave back then, but what was under it was heaven.

We were young, enthusiastic, and soon, in love. It was almost the end of our freshman year, and she lived with me the last four weeks.

It was hard on us that first summer, being apart. I stayed in town and worked in the factory. Since Sheila wasn't around I worked massive amounts of overtime. She had already lined up a job at a rest home near her parents, to gain nursing experience. She hated it.

She came back two weeks early to surprise me. I came in from work and she was sitting on the couch naked.

"I didn't want to waste time" she said, as she dragged me to the shower.

I didn't work anymore overtime.

She moved in, not even pretending to live with her friends. Her parents didn't like it when they found out, but by then most of the year was gone.

We lived together all the way through college and a year beyond. It all fell apart in late 1977.

I had an entry level job at a new company. It wasn't really what I wanted, but it would look good on a resume. I worked hard, putting in extra hours, trying to make a good impression.

She had a job at the local hospital, general duties mostly, although she liked to work in the birthing rooms and with children.

We were in a nice apartment, and she insisted on splitting the bills, minus car payments, so I was saving a good bit, looking to the future. Sooner or later we would want kids, and I wanted a nice place to raise them.

Them she suddenly changed to night shift. She said she didn't have a lot of choice. I hated it.

We had the evenings together and that was all the contact we had until the weekend. She left at ten, and I was gone when she got home. I didn't have any experience with that sort of things, but the signs were there. Moodiness, disrespect, sometimes she wouldn't be home when I called on my first break. She said she was asleep. A reasonable explanation, but I knew she couldn't go home and go straight to sleep. It usually took her two or three hours to wind down.

It came to a head when I proposed. She was shocked.

She didn't say no, exactly, but she didn't say yes.

"Why rush? We're in love, that's not going away. We have plenty of time."

"We're not rushing, Sheila. We've been together five years. It's time to move to the next phase of our life. Don't you want kids?"

She fidgeted.

"Yes, of course I do. But we have plenty of time. We're still young. Let's enjoy each other a bit longer."

I thought for a second.

"Let me get this straight in my mind. You say we'll marry, but not right now. We'll have kids, someday, on your schedule. Where is this coming from? Sounds like you have doubts about spending the rest of out lives together. Anything else on your mind I need to know about?"

She burst into tears and hid in the bedroom. Things went downhill pretty fast. I came home a month later to find her moved out. She left a letter.

"Dear Roy,

Please don't be mad. I've been feeling restless lately, like I'm missing something. I've talked to my friends. and I've decided I need a little space. I need to find myself before I can commit to a life long relationship. I still love you.

Please, give me this time. I'll be back before you know it."

I was heart broken. Then I was angry. We still had a lot of friends in common, and soon word got back to me. She was finding herself with the help of one of the doctors she worked with.

She would call me, and I would hang up. I know, childish. I didn't care.

She saw me at a club and was pissed beyond words I was there with a date. She was with friends, and they tried to keep us apart, which was fine by me.

My new girlfriend saw the stares and I filled her in without going into to detail. She was a little redhead, with a temper of her own.

"Want a little payback?"

Of course I did, She hung onto me like I was the last drink of water in a desert, and I let her. People didn't bump and grind back then like they do now, so it got a lot of attention when we slow danced and she practically dry humped me on the dance floor.

That tore it with Sheila. She charged over with a full head of steam.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing? I'm going through issues, and you're running around with sluts. That's not how it works, you can't do that. How's that helping us get back together?"

It was a golden opportunity and I was was young and petty enough to take it.

"Who said we're getting back together? I love you for five years and suddenly it's not enough? Have you found yourself yet? I bet if you look hard enough at the end of Dr. Love's cock, you'll at least see part of you. Didn't know I knew about that, did you? Now leave me alone. I'd tell you to go get fucked, but you already did."

She went pale and collapsed. I left and didn't see her again for two years.

When I say left, I mean left town. I got a better job offer in another state and took it. I didn't tell anybody until the day before I left. I had a big party and invited my oldest friends.

They were shocked when I told them it was my farewell party. Late in the evening Sabrina and Billy got me alone.

"What did Sheila say when you told her?"

I was surprised.

"I haven't seen or talked to her in almost two months. Why should it matter?"

Sabrina snorted.

"I admit it. She was a bitch. How she left you was bad, and fucking that doctor was even worse. But since that night at the club all she does when she isn't working is sit around and mope about you. She made a mistake, screwed up bad. I know for a fact she would do anything for a chance to start over with you. Can't you at least say bye?"

I shook my head.

"Already said bye. Tell her this though. Stop moping around. Put a little energy into the relationship with Dr. Cock. She'll be happier."

She almost slapped me, but I caught her hand.

"She hasn't seen him since the night she saw you with that redhead. Besides, he's married. There was never a future there."

That tidbit just pissed me off more.

"So she was fucking the guy knowing he was married. That solidifies her standing as a certified slut in my mind. I'm sorry, Sabrina, there's nothing left anymore."

I wasn't taking anything but clothes with me and made a deal with a few college guys to take what they wanted, as long as they cleaned the place out and left it good order. Billy supervised.

He said I hadn't been gone five minutes when Sabrina came by with Sheila. She saw the stuff piled outside and threw a fit, screaming, grabbing things and trying to take them back inside. They finally got her calmed down. I had left everything that was hers or that I thought she might want with Billy anyway, so she had nothing to complain about. She sat there and cried while the physical remnants of our life together disappeared.

................................................

I finished our saga in a joint session.

"So you see, Dr. Wills, there was a precedent for her recent behavior. And it makes me wonder, in between then and now, had she gotten lost again? Was I living in a fools' paradise while she found herself with other doctors? Looking back, I can remember a few rough patches."

Sheila denied that violently, but wouldn't look me in the eye. And apparently, her version of our history had been revised a bit, to put her in a better light. Dr. Wills was not happy.

In my next individual session she asked me how we got back together.

.................................................

I was doing well in my new job. It looked like I might have a future there. I took two weeks vacation, and went home to see my mother. She had remarried, a decent guy. We had nothing in common except love for my mother, but it was enough for us to become friends.

I spent four days with them and enjoyed it tremendously. My old college town was between my new town and my old one. I had stopped for gas, and went to see if the little cafe that served such great soup was still there. It was.

I had just started eating when someone slapped me on the back of my head. I looked around and found Billy and Sabrina.

"That's for not keeping in touch, asshole" said Sabrina, as they sat down.

We caught up. They had married, and had just found out they were going to be parents. Their joy had me smiling.

We talked for a bit and they asked if I was going to be in town for any length of time.

"No, I'm on my vacation, passing through on the way to my visit my Mom. But I'll be back this way at the end of the week, maybe we can get together then."

I called as soon as I got back into town and checked in. We met with a few old friends that night, with a promise to get back together the next day.

Billy and Sabrina had a nice home. Three bedrooms, with a large yard. It was a little older, but they loved it.

They had tables set up, party lights strung through the trees, the stereo pulled outside and hooked to extra speakers, and three grills going. There was about forty people there, old classmates and their spouses or partners of the moment. I knew almost everybody, and eventually we did the marriage count. All but me and two others were married. Two had married and already gotten divorced.

"So, is there a Mrs. Roy in the near future?"

It was an innocent question but one that still brought me pain while I looked at my old friends.

"No, no prospects at this time. I see a few, but nothing serious. To be honest, I haven't been looking. You know how my last serious relationship ended up. Let's say I'm just a bit cautious these days."

It cast a little pall over the group until they started The Confess Game. I wasn't familiar.

"We pull situations out of a hat and you have to tell a true story about that situation if you've been in it. It's fun, and you don't have to play, and we try not to keep it too personal. The object is to laugh, not embarrass. We usually ask three people, then draw another subject. All right?"

I agreed and they began.

The first question: What was the craziest place or situation you had sex in? Everybody looked at me.

"Gee, there's been so many, which should I choose?"

That brought a round of laughter.

"All right, it was just before I came here to college. I bet you all thought I was a virgin, huh? I'm from a small town. The hot spots for a teenager were the drive in burger joints, the movies, and the bowling lanes. That was pretty much the night life.

Mu friend Joe and I were cruising around in his car, a '67 Barracuda. Man, I would have loved to own that car. It was jet black, and had that big bubble back window, anybody remember those?"

There was a few nods form the guys.

"Anyway, Joe and I cruised the bowling alley parking lot, and hooked up with two girls from the other high school in the county.

He had a hot car, I was eighteen, legal age at the time, so I had a case of beer, and it wasn't long until we were out in the country, riding the back roads. We parked, drank half the case, and pretty soon we were necking like crazy. I had my hands all over her boobs and she seemed to like it. Then the cops came by, and we had to leave. Joe was bitching, because where he had to stop, me and the girl I was with were getting deeper into it. I had her jeans down by then, playing with paradise. She had her hands all over me when Joe stopped."

"Gotta piss."

"We all needed to go by then, so while the girls were in the bushes, I outlined my grand plan to Joe. Remember, this was a drunk, horny teenager, so the plan had to be simple."

"That particular model of Barracuda had a neat feature. You could fold the backseat down and make a storage area. I talked Joe into folding it down, then talked my girl out of her clothes. We were gonna screw in the back while he drove around. Brilliant, right?"

"The plan came apart when Joe asked me where he should drive."

"It don't matter. man. Just don't stop until we're done, then I'll drive."

"About ten minutes go by, we're folded like pretzels but it didn't stop us. Joes' girl had slid her head down into his lap, and it kept him distracted. I felt a hard bump, then another. He needs new shocks, I'm thinking, when all of a sudden I here people clapping and cheering. I manage to look up, and Joe is cruising through the bowling alley parking lot! We were bouncing over the speed bumps they had installed. I was almost there, no way I was stopping. So I lost it, right there in front of about twenty people."

I had rolled off the girl by then. She saw where we were and started screaming, slapping Joe on the back of his head. His girl is just about finished, and when she does her head pops up and she starts screaming too. We get out of town, them cussing like sailors the whole time, get our clothes on, and take them back. They got into their car, still cussing, one holding their bras, and burned rubber while everyone cheers again."

"So there you have it, the most unusual place I ever had sex in, the back of a '67 Barracuda in the bowling alley parking lot, in front of a crowd. I was actually a bit of a legend in my school for a few weeks."

Most of them were laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes. I was laughing along until I looked up, right into Sheila's eyes. I stopped laughing instantly.

Sabrina saw me and grabbed my hand.

"Behave, I didn't know she would be here. I sent out a grapevine invitation, and she's still my friend."

I smiled.

"No problem, the past is in the past. I'm content to leave it there."

She smiled and turned away, but I could have sworn I heard her mumble "maybe for you", but I couldn't be sure.

She didn't approach me for about an hour, but I felt her eyes on me constantly. Soon everyone was watching us instead of partying. Enough was enough. I walked up to her. She had a look in her eye half way between hope and terror.

"Hi, Sheila. I like your hair."

She had a shorter, more professional cut, much different from the flowing mane she had when we were together.

She automatically stroked it.

"You don't think it makes me look older?"

I laughed, and everybody else did when they heard me.

"Duh. Of course it does. The fact that you are older has nothing to do with it."

I glanced at her hand, I couldn't help it. No rings. She noticed it and smiled for the first time.

She rubbed my face.

"I could say the same for you. When did you get rid of the beard? And that's the shortest I've ever seen your hair."

"I had to grow up. Owners aren't comfortable when their managers look like John Lennon."

My cheek felt like it was on fire where she touched it.

Everybody relaxed and went back to partying. She followed me around so I stopped trying to ditch her.

"You wanna talk?" she said out of the blue.

"About what?" I said, knowing the answer.

"About us. About how bad I screwed up. About letting me apologize for the horrible way I treated you."

I sighed.

"There is no us anymore, Sheila. You did treat me horribly, and I do accept that you feel bad about it. But I can never trust you again, so let's just try to remember the good times."

qhml1
qhml1
8,905 Followers