Zandra Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a few moments of study, the good inspector found how to open the trap door and did so. A staircase leading down to a subterranean level was quickly discovered. The inspector climbed down the staircase carefully, finding himself in an old tunnel underneath the city.

This was hardly a surprise. There were many tunnels, sewer systems and even catacombs under Darkwall. The city was an old one that lived through several eras and disasters. The city was often rebuilt on top of itself, burying each eras secrets further and further down. It was often joked by the denizens that if went down deep enough, one would find the entrance to Hell.

The light of the lantern seemed even weaker down in the tunnel. There was only one direction the tunnel went, so Inspector Lyndon followed it. The further he went, the darker and colder the air got. He had a strange feeling, as if someone was watching him from the shadows. He gripped his cane, ready to strike any attacker at a moment's notice.

The tunnel opened into a large chamber. The floor was made of wet, black stones and had canals of water running through it. At first the canals seemed to be randomly placed, but with closer examination they in fact formed a design in the floor layout. It was difficult to make out what the design was with so little light available to him. However, the design of the chamber seemed to have a ceremonial purpose to it. It was a sort of a dark temple.

All about the chamber were empty cages, all of them well kept. The canals all came together at the east end of the chamber, into a massive tunnel with a canal large and deep enough for a boat come in and out. There was a table nearby with a shipping manifest. The manifest was in Sumarian, a language that Inspector Lyndon could recognize but did not know very well. The language barrier wasn't a problem, as the inspector knew exactly what this place was. It was a slave smuggling den. It was also a good indication that Lady Victoria and Annabelle were lost forever.

There was one more tunnel with a stone floor leading to the north. Inspector Lyndon followed it until he came to a wooden door. The latch was unlocked and the good inspector slowly opened the door. On the other side was a small room with several black candles lit.

In the center of the room, was young lady blindfolded and gagged. She was naked, with her wrists bound behind her back with a red rope. The rope was tied to each of her ankles, pulling her body back on her knees in a position to display her sexually. She was facing a wall with that was engraved with a horn demon. She was to be an offering in some sort of perverse ceremony. Inspector Lyndon recognized her at once as Lady Victoria's daughter, Annabelle.

12