• Authors
  • Hulse23

Hulse23

I am a published author of six books. The last three are Democracy for Sale! : The Two Year Search for Extraterrestrials and Campaign Finance Reform (Publish America 2003), From the Beats to the B Sides (Allisone Press 2000) and Teachable Movies for Elementary and Middle School Classrooms (Phi Delta Kappa International 1998). My short stories, essays, and poetry have appeared in more than two hundred magazines including Cinemagazine (Japan), Global Tapestry, Crescent Moon (England), Beneath the Surface (Canada), Rant, The New Press, True Love (NY), Deep, Chaminade Literary Review (HI), Touchstone (WI), Libido (IL), Eidos (MA), Catharsis (CA), Catalyst (GA), Phase and Cycle (CO), Japanophile (MI) and Notre Dame Press, (IN).

My work has also appeared in 25 anthologies including, "Mythic America: An Anthology of New American Poetry" (Crescent Moon--England) and translated into
three languages. I am also a featured poet in the 1997 through 2000 editions of The Poet’s Market. I have also published four volumes of poetry and have received awards from The Bay Area Poets Association and The Southern Writer’s Association. I will also be included in the volume The Best Poems and Poets of 2002 that will be published in the Fall by The International Library of Poetry. My poem september 1, 1939 has been nominated for the top prize. My work has won several awards including The International Poet of Merit Award as well as The Shakespeare Trophy of Excellence.

I also have a great deal of publishing experience serving as an editor and ghostwriter on a number of projects. I have worked as a freelancer for a number of publishers. Viacom, Paramount, Columbia University, McGraw-Hill, Sams Publishing, Sams.net, Que Publishing, Que Education and Training, Hayden, Brady, New Riders Publishing, Fromm International, Grolier Publishing, Neuwirth & Associates, Thunders Mouth Press, Broadway Publishing, The Coriolis Group, Falcon Press, Lehigh University Press and O’Reilly & Associates. Titles include Easy Prey written by former Secretary of Defense, William S. Cohen about the fleecing of America’s senior citizens due to con artists and other scams. Other titles include The Best American Movie Writing 2001 edited by director John Landis, The Gangs of New York which will be the basis for Martin Scorsese’s new film, Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood, the autobiography of 60’s R&B singer Eric Burdon, Bonfire of the Humanities and Ludwig von Mises: Economist for Intercollegiate Studies Institute.

Other titles include Jews of the Amazon, Synagogues Without Jews by The Jewish Publication Society, A Financial-Agency Analysis of Privatization for Lehigh University Press, Breakout: The Chosin Reservoir Campaign for Fromm International, Extraordinary Women of Medicine, Damn Yankees: Yogi, Whitey and the Mick for Grolier Publishing, The Story of American Golf for Callaway Publishing, Beyond Anger, A Pocket Guide to Environmental Bad Guys for Neuwirth & Associates, Brushes with History, Campaign America ‘96, African History for Young Readers, Birthday Poems, Offbeat, Vibrations, Storied Stadiums, Beyond Roswell, The Andreasson Legacy, Gender Gaps, and Power Aging: Staying Young at Any Age for Thunders Mouth Press, Worship Without Words for Paraclete Press, Get On With It for Broadway Publishing, Web Feet for Health for Rockhill Communications, Hiking the Great Basin National Parks, and The California Wine Country Insiders’ Guide for Falcon Press.

Location

Indiana

Author Stats

21 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated

Contact Author

Contact Hulse23 by clicking here.