• Authors
  • freegirl2012

freegirl2012

Divorced mother of five. Been writing since I was twelve (books). Poetry since I was eight. I write time pieces. Religious pieces. Social and political works. I like reality. I don't shy away from the truth and difficulties of life. If a character wants to curse then great. Hit. Fine. Whatever he/she expresses at the time. I also like presenting a faux picture. Not with words but tiny suggestions. I give people what they think a character is...like a drug dealer then I show why it isn't that simple.

I don't do good or bad. Every character for their own reasons has both.

I hope my stories take fantasy and reality....mesh them together just so that the readers feels a connection.

Whether it be love, hate, contempt, desire...something that takes a reader away for a moment. Love what faith and positive thoughts can do for a person in the worst of times.

I hope my work crosses racial lines but I think I write primarily for black women. The time spent writing for Lit has certainly opened me up to a new genre and understanding of what romance means to us. We are steeped in reality day after day so our stories need to understand and connect with that in acknowledgement.

There has to be that moment where we believe in our disbelief that this is possible. That fairytales for women like us exist as well.

We never wanted to be Cinderella but we did want her prince. That's what try to do... though the prince can a be a bit complicated at times.

We need man who can do more than kiss us when we bite into a poison apple. We need him to accept and love our children. At times pay our rent. Buy our groceries. Pick us up and brush us off. And not because we can't do it ourselves but because he just wants to do it. At the same time accept that it does not entitle him to all of us. That there are parts he will never reach because it's private. Yet what we do give him is solid and loyal.

Why I am determined to keep writing on Lit? Well I have to say that I found something I don't think I could have somewhere else. Black woman who speak their minds in such a large number that it makes me feel empowered. I was say most of the people who consider themselves fans did not start off that way. I see the transition from tough critic to real respect for what it is I try to do. That tells me that I was given a chance. That you were willing to keep an open mind.

I feel like I have thousands and thousands of sistah's out there. And we are at the beginning of what I like to Reality Romance.

I think Lit should consider a new category for this genre where the writer has to submit at least three chapters that offer some resolution so that the reader is not left hanging. They would simply submit them all at once and they would be released at the time of the writer's choosing.

Also it would separate my sort of writing from say something like an enema fetish. Nothings wrong with that but I am not exactly in the same category so a writer like me or the other writer can get lost.

That's just a thought. I do think there needs to be a better system that discourages a writer from simply dropping a story. I do know life happens but there is a lot of emotional investment in the authors.

Another thing I would love to see Lit do is allow published writers to submit the first chapter or two on the site individual of the others so that our true supporters have an opportunity to critic and be a part of our career as it expands. I would love to continue to have commentators grow with me as my career does.

Family is a priority it begins and ends at my front door. Which explains my pen name Freegirl2012. It took me one year to realize I was free. That I could live my dreams with my children without excuses. So 2012 was the year I was reborn. Making me all of three years old. I ain't complaining. I ask that you only show patience for my new found youth. LOL

Love Akira Kurosawa (Seven Samuri is my all time favorite movie)

Not a fan of good verses evil

Yoshihara Jiro (GUTAI)

Plato's Allegory of the Cave.
Langston Hughes.
Zora Neale Hurston.
The Cosby's.

No formal education but I have definitely made myself a student of life.

My love for man does not stop at my border. It is every mans responsibility to risk it all in the name of doing better for his children. Whether you work nights cleaning toilets. You risk your life crossing borders. Or you tell you wife and children everyday before walking out the door that all that you love is there no matter where there might be.... insuring them that each day you will return God willing. And so for that reason I respect that kind of man the most no matter his race, preference, or nationality.

I am extremely patriotic while understanding that my country is not perfect. So I am active within it in the name of positive change.

The three women I would be/choose to emulate?

My grandmother (May she rest in peace)
Diana Sands...ahead of her time
And Me...Between my cowboy boots and my afro...I'm a cool person to be

My greatest dream is to see every woman live her dream without shame, self recriminations, or guilt. Freedom in is truest form.

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..." By Kris Kristofferson a wonderful song writer and philosopher though on this I will respectfully disagree.

Freedom is losing everything that is worth nothing to experience life in its purest form. That's freedom. That's worth it all.

Motto: As long as we live amongst humans...let us be humane. Seneca

Published Works: ARE WE DONE YET 1, Cowboy's Don't Cry, ARE WE DONE YET II Girl in Ebook and paperback. Thanks for your support. Free Girl
distributed through Amazon

Location

San Diego

Author Stats

9 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated
283Followers
1My Favorites
5My Comments

More About Me

Pets

Dog(s), Cat(s), Reptile(s), Other

Fetishes

None

Find Me Online

Contact Author

Contact freegirl2012 by clicking here.