'Bout Average

Poem Info
33 words
3.82
20.5k
0
6
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

feel ‘bout average
no poems in my pockets

feel ‘bout average
no souldance in my socks

feel ‘bout average
pretty much a bologna sandwich

feel ‘bout average
no starshine in my heart

Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
6 Comments
duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Zero Activity.

How many ways can a person describe apathy? Succinct and to the point.

LeBrozLeBrozover 17 years ago
~~

A real yawner of a day

Described so well

In eight brief lines.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Excellent

Honest and direct while maintaining beautiful imagery. Too many people get caught up in what their talking about and drag on, but here everything the poet is trying to say is made clear and impacts me better then if it had been enlarged. I find the first and the last stanza to be particularly appealing.

annaswirlsannaswirlsover 20 years ago
I get it

I know exactly how you feel, and you did a great job describing it-- You have to excel to be able to appreciate a feeling average day where nothing seems to stand out. Good for you for writing anyway. THAT is what matters.

perksperksover 20 years ago
gonna have to agree with the 'bout average title

the last stanza didn't do anything for the poem. I really enjoyed the first two, and the third made the imagery, but even if it were just the first three, the poem would be incomplete.

Show More
Share this Poem