Scrape

Poem Info
78 words
5.1k
0
6
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mom could fix it.
Wash the burning scour,
pink ovals of her nails,
hands pretty and so tender.
Then a Bandaid
softly and carefully laid.
Facecloth, warm and clean,
erasing the tearstains on my cheeks
followed by a kiss.

Smile refreshed
bounding out the door
to the walk where Daddy waits.
There's no sign of the scar
in the flower bed,
where the pedal gouged a canyon
and my elbow
deprived the grass
of some of its green.

  • COMMENTS
6 Comments
WickedEveWickedEvealmost 20 years ago
a couple of rough spots

in this poem that need a bandaid and kiss. :) But overall, really good work.

tarablackwood22tarablackwood22almost 20 years ago
Nice....

....just like the one posted on 6/21. Very good language use and phrases... 'depriving the grass of some of its green' is magical.

TathagataTathagataalmost 20 years ago
a wonderful

memory and a look at when things like this were your biggest worry

thank you

perksperksalmost 20 years ago
posted on new poems 6-20-04

Overall, a pretty good poem. Solid voice, great imagery within the context. I have a little issue with your first line's verb tense. You say she "could" fix it, when in fact within the first verse, she "is" fixing it. I'm not sure why you made a line break after "scour" instead of before it, especially with that comma use. Because otherwise, the meaning is illogical grammatically. Scream poetic license all you want, but your second verse is stronger because of the clarity, not the lack of it. You know, if you reworked the first four lines of this poem, it would be magnificent, because the rest of the poem is great, in fact there is that one moment of almost hidden genius when you allude to the bike in the second verse when you say "pedal". I really loved the second verse. This poem, almost read like you were learning to ride, faltered at the beginning and then took off the training wheels at the end. I enjoyed it. Oh yeah, I'm not sure I like your frosting<title>. It's functional, but not too tasty.

Maria2394Maria2394almost 20 years ago
excellent!!

I have a special place in my heart for slice of life poems, this one probably everyone can relate to, but depriving the grass of some of its green, that is a genuis verse if I ever read one, good work :)

Show More
Share this Poem