Your Truth Of Me

Poem Info
154 words
4.2
3.2k
0
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Do you see me, seeing you?
Am I there
Right where you wished
For me to be?
Can you picture me
Walking round that
Wide angled street?
Passing over whole
Countries of emotion
Skimming deeply
Through the shallows
Am I here?
Growing, changing, knowing
Maturing, evolving, wise
Where am I
In your minds eye?
As a pretty pink girl
Attracting pretty pink
Girl cuddly touchy things ~
Slow tender-loving girl?
Is this the picture
Living in your memory
and does the truth of me
Matter there?
Truth of a Woman
Filled with blue
and black dreams
Chasing that brutual love
Ripped apart at her seams?
Can you envision me
Drifting amongst the shadows
Bruised and scarred and happy
Finding pleasure through pain?
I see you, finally seeing me.
I am here.
Is this where you
Wished me to be?
Did you see this as you left
This forever waking, wondering,
Hurting reality of me?

Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
subtledecadencesubtledecadencealmost 20 years agoAuthor
Reply to Perks

Actually perks ~ all of my poetry is the real me. What I'm feeling, living, experiencing at the time. And as for my "obvious rhyming" in the other poem, that's exactly what it was meant to be *grin*. If you look at other poems I've posted on the site months ago, you'll notice I almost never rhyme. I don't like it, and it doesn't feel right for me. So for this one time, I decided I WANTED to rhyme it, completely. I made a considerable effort to do it, as it does not come naturally to me. Oh, brutual was definately a typo *laughing*... now I can't figure out how to edit it. Guess that'll teach me to post when half asleep. Believe me, this is not some type of comeback to anything you had to say! Nothing of the kind. I appreciate ALL of your comments. Just thought I'd let you know what I meant in some of the things you posted about. Thanks again for posting. Please Please Please Feel free to do so on any of my work...

Although I must warn you, I do not EVER write for anything more then pleasure. I don't care about poetical formatting, structure... etc etc. I didn't go to school to learn poetry... I don't plan on it. I just feel things sometimes, and feel the urge to put it to paper in what is to me a beautiful flow of words. I almost completely dislike "popular poetry" or "historical poets". At least those that I've bothered to read, LOL. I find amateur poetry is what really makes me feel things, which is what I believe the main point of poetry is.

BTW... I think "As a pretty pink girl / Attracting pretty pink Girl cuddly touchy things ~ Slow tender-loving girl?" is probably the line I like the most out of all my poetry. I'm glad to hear someone else liked it too!

perksperksalmost 20 years ago
posted on new poems 6-26-04

I was a little nervous when I opened this poem as I'd read your first post and realized it was obvious rhyme. I was pleasantly suprised to see the real you peeking out at me, unfettered by obvious structure. You have some really great lines in this poem, that weave a particular imagery or feeling that I'm just drawn to in their context. "walking around that wide angled street", "Passing over whole countries of emotion", "as a pretty pink girl/attracting pretty pink/girl cuddly touchy things"<loved that>"Truth of a woman/filled with blue/and black things/chasing that brutual love" <ok, don't know if brutual is a typo, if it is, shame shame, if it isn't I threw the words brutal and mutual together for me, and if that isn't an interesting editorial comment I don't know what is, aaaaand, if you had said "wise-ing" back in your list of ing words, your new made up word of "brutual"-and yes I will be stealing that- would work better> Ripped apart at the seams is such a blinding piece of cliche and the other words in your poem are hurt and emotionally scarred because you paired this tawdry little phrase with such perfectly chosen original word pairings. *smile* I think there are a few places that get a bit boring, but your gems shine through. A little inconsistent in that context but I loved thinking I was getting to know you a little bit better by reading this.

Share this Poem