Christmas Promises Wrapped in Dreams

Story Info
She enjoys herself while awaiting his return.
3.3k words
4.41
23.4k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I promise I'll be home by midnight."

"Midnight?! But you already promised you'd be home by four and it's already almost six," I wailed to my husband of almost three months.

"I know it sucks, Hallie but you know I can't really control when I land."

"I know," I sighed, "I just didn't want to spend all of our first Christmas Eve as a couple alone."

"You didn't have to spend it alone you know. You could have gone to your sister's."

"I didn't want to go to my sister's," I pouted, wishing he could see it over the phone. "We're going over there tomorrow and besides I've spent every Christmas with her since we were kids. I wanted to spend this one with you."

"Anyway," I said, my voice turning suggestive, "I've got a very special present for you that I just don't think she'd appreciate."

"Oh really," he chuckled. "Well it just so happens that I've got a very special present for you too."

"Oh goody," I exclaimed in a high little girl voice, "I hope it's the kind you have to wrap in rubber before you give it to me." I heard him laugh and knew I'd made one of those weird jokes that only I could get away with, because most normal people would consider it crossing the line.

"It could be," he said slyly, "but unfortunately you won't get to unwrap it until the end of my flight."

"Yes, I know," I said dejectedly, "it's just that you've been gone for two weeks and I miss you. You know I hate being alone over the holidays."

"I know," he agreed, "but I promise I will be home for Christmas." He said it and I giggled at the lame joke.

"Alright," I sighed again, "I guess I can handle missing you for another six hours. I love you."

"I love you too," he said quietly and hung up. I sighed in frustration. Midnight was still hours away. I closed my eyes and pictured his face. Thick dark hair, hazel eyes, full lips and eyelashes most women would kill for. I thought about how long it had been since we'd had sex and how good his hands felt on me. I couldn't wait until he got home tonight and we could finally...

My eyes snapped open. I'd thought about him for all of two minutes and I was already wet and aching.

"Cripes," I said to myself. "It's just my luck I had to marry a pilot. Why couldn't I have found someone with a job that kept him in town?" I wondered aloud. I looked at the clock. Midnight was now five and a half hours away, but it felt like eons. I considered heading over to my sister's, but she would still be up to her ears in turkey giblets getting ready for Christmas dinner tomorrow. Seeing her and her husband together would only make me miss Nick more.

I wandered into the living room, thinking I could pass a couple of hours with a syrupy Christmas movie. I flopped onto the couch and turned on the TV hoping for A Christmas Story, but willing to settle for It's a Wonderful Life. Instead of this, I see a barely clothed couple, obviously getting ready to make some Christmas magic of their own. It was then I remembered I had been watching Cinemax before bed last night and as I was the only one here and hadn't watched TV all day, that's where the channel remained.

I sat up. "You're not helping," I yelled at the TV before turning it off. Irritated, I lay back on the couch and closed my eyes. Maybe if I can force myself to take a nap I'll be able to pass two or three hours.

I could tell immediately that wasn't going to work though. As soon as I closed my eyes I could see him. I could imagine perfectly the heated look in his eyes. I could practically feel his breath on my face as he came nearer, hesitating the way he often does to draw out the moment. My breathing accelerated as I imagined him laying a whisper soft kiss on my lips, lingering for barely a second, before moving along my jaw to my neck.

Almost against my will my hands began moving over my body, roaming from my hips to my sides and over my breasts. Through my sweater I could feel my nipples harden. I reached under the sweater to take off my bra, and gasped as the soft material grazed my bare nipples. Skin flushed, as though Nick really was the one doing this to me, I stripped off my sweater.

Topless, I caressed my breasts and belly as I ran my hands down to the button on my jeans. Quickly, I undid the fly and wiggled out, pushing them and my tiny, satin panties down before kicking them off. Nude, I lay back down on the couch, as I ran my hands up my long, slender legs, over my hips and back up my belly to my rose tipped breasts. While doing this I kept my eyes open, watching myself, the same way I watched Nick when he did this, pretending it was really his hands on me, that it was him noticing how soft my skin was.

In my head I saw Nick kiss and lick his way from my breasts to my belly as my hands followed where my mind led. One finger trailed down my abdomen to my inner thigh. My legs opened and I finally brought my finger to the moist nub at my center. I shivered at the sensation, magnified by the fantasy.

I gently grazed my index finger up and down my engorged clit, gasping as I found the most sensitive spot. I ran my finger over it again and again, pretending it was Nicks tongue down there, but refusing to focus on the right spot quite yet. I prolonged the sensation as long as I could; I teased myself the way Nick would have teased me, until I could no longer stand it. At that point my finger again found that tender spot that always drove me over the edge. I massaged it carefully in a circular motion, trying not to let my finger slip on the slick flesh. As my skin flushed and sweat broke out on my body, I strained under the pressure building inside me and in minutes my hand seemed to develop a mind of its own. Moving at its own pace, it got steadily faster and faster.

Suddenly my legs were shaking and my back was arching as moan after moan escaped my lips. One right after the other the orgasms hit me until finally there was nothing left. Exhausted, I struggled to catch my breath as all my muscles melted into the couch and my eyelids became heavy. It looked like I was going to get that nap after all.

Hours later I awoke from a dream that was very similar to what I had just been fantasizing about. I looked at the clock and my heart thumped painfully. It was nine o'clock. Only three hours left. I could handle waiting another three hours...yeah, sure I could.

I looked around wondering why it was so cold and dark in here. In a second I realized it was because the fire in the fireplace had burned down and I had forgotten to turn the Christmas tree on. I rose from the couch, and after pushing my long, dark red hair out of my eyes, got dressed. I knelt by the tree and plugged the lights into the outlet. As the lights came on, the living room was bathed in a soft golden glow. I surveyed the tree in satisfaction, feeling the same glow steal over me. Despite being alone today, this would be a good Christmas. Smiling to myself I went to the electric fireplace and flipped the switch. The fireplace added its own warm glow to the room, creating the perfect mood lighting. Satisfied that the room would soon warm up, I looked around, trying to figure out what else I could do to pass the time.

I wandered around the kitchen and living room of my moderate sized house picking up dishes and clearing away trash as I went. I wasn't exactly the neatest person alive, so while the house wasn't a dump, it could still use some straightening. Plus I knew it would make Nick happy to know that he wouldn't have to do it. I loaded the dishes into the dishwasher, then put what was in the sink in there as well. I started the dishwasher, then before I could help myself I glanced at the clock. I rolled my eyes at my lack of control, then continued straightening, telling myself again and again that I didn't care what time it was.

It didn't take me long to clean the downstairs, so I knew not very much time had passed. I went upstairs to find something else to clean, but there wasn't much. The bathroom had been cleaned before Nick had left two weeks ago and I had made the bed that morning. I had just done the laundry and for once I was actually lamenting not having any chores to do. I sat down on the bed and flopped back. Unexpectedly I landed on an odd furry lump and jumped back up in surprise. There on the bed was my very irate, fluffy gray cat, who I had named Squish because of an unfortunate, innate talent of knowing exactly when and where to lay, so that she would be sure to get sat on.

I sat back down on the bed, more carefully this time and stroked Her Majesty's ruffled fur. Slowly and without me realizing it, my eyes strayed back to the clock. An hour had passed since I woke up from my nap, which meant that time was apparently moving at half speed, and the dishwasher would need to be emptied now. I went downstairs and emptied it, which took all of about five minutes. Frustrated and at a loss for anything else to do, I went back upstairs, deciding to take a hot scented bubble bath.

I ran back up to the master bedroom. I walked into the adjoining bathroom and turned on the bathtub. I ran the water as hot as I could stand it, then dumped a generous amount of rose scented bubbles into the water. While I waited for the bath to fill up I stripped down and tossed my clothes into a pile on the floor outside the bathroom. When the bathtub was full, I climbed in and let the heat of the water soothe all my tension away.

I closed my eyes and felt myself start to doze again. I wanted to be awake and alert when Nick came home, so a shook myself awake and reached for the book I kept near the bathtub. I often read in the bathtub so I always kept a book there. This one was an erotic anthology I'd picked up at a bookstore a few months ago. The story was a particularly good one, with good characterization and really hot sex, so as I continued reading I could feel myself getting wet again. I stroked myself absently, more to keep the feeling alive, then to get myself off. At the end of the story I looked at the clock on the bedside table I could see through the door between the bedroom and bathroom. It was eleven fifteen. I stood up and drained the bathtub, then turned on the shower to rinse the leftover bubbles off me.

I stepped out of the bathtub and quickly dried off, then wrapped my hair in the towel. In the bedroom I grabbed my short green silk robe. I slipped it on and the filmy material slid around me like a caress. I tied the belt securely then made my way back downstairs.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed the plate of turkey sandwiches I had made earlier that day, two glasses and a bottle of red wine. I carried everything into the now warm living room and set everything up on one side of the huge stone mantle under the fireplace. I grabbed one of the huge jewel toned cushions we kept by the fireplace and set it on the other side of the fireplace. After plumping it up I sat down with my back to the flames so that they could dry my hair.

I poured myself a glass of wine and, since I hadn't eaten anything all day, I munched on a sandwich while I waited. I watched the Christmas tree lights chase each other around the full green boughs and felt my thoughts drift. Christmas had always been my favorite time of the year and my favorite part of that had always been the lights. I could literally sit and stare at Christmas tree lights for hours.

I picked up my wine and finished it, then stood and ran my fingers through my hair, checking for wet areas. The underside was still wet so I bent over towards the fireplace and flung my hair over my face, so the heat could get to it. I was busy brushing it out with my fingers when I suddenly felt hands grip my hips.

I shrieked and spun around with my hands half raised when I recognized Nick's face. I shrieked again but this time it was in pure joy and I threw myself into his arms. I kissed him hard on the lips and after the long weeks without him and the frustration of the day, I could already feel myself getting excited. I pulled back and glanced at the clock one last time.

"You're early," I said breathlessly. "It's only eleven forty." He smiled knowingly.

"You've spent the whole day watching the clock, haven't you?" he asked.

"Nooo..." I shook my head, thinking of earlier events, "only most of the day." I grinned happily at him. "But it doesn't matter, because you're here now."

"Yeah, I noticed that," he said, running his hands up and down my back. My breath caught and goose bumps broke out on my skin. I looked in his eyes and knew I was having the same effect on him. His gaze bore into mine and right then I knew we were thinking the exact same thing.

He brushed my hair out of my eyes, then, with one handing resting on my cheek, he bent and brushed a soft kiss against my lips. My breath sighed out and my eyelids fluttered shut. As my lips caressed his, I felt as though I had gained a piece of myself that had been missing.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and deepened the kiss. Hungrily, my tongue snaked out and found its way between his lips, where it gently met and circled with his. He groaned and slid his hand to the lapel of my robe, softly tracing the edge of the fabric. I shuddered in delight, as he untied my robe and pushed it from my shoulders.

With a groan, he pulled his lips from mine and locked them to my neck, causing me to squirm and giggle a little. He brought his hands up to the sides of my breasts, and gently rolled my nipples under his thumbs. Now it was my turn to groan, and I brought my hands up and frantically started working the buttons on his shirt.

My lips replaced every button that popped open, as I trailed them down his chest. At last I reached the final button, and from a kneeling position managed to get his shirt to slip off his shoulders and to the floor.

His breathing sped up as I began working on his belt and pants. In seconds I had them and his boxers off, despite the way my hands were shaking. When we were both finally completely naked, I stayed where I was and began running my hands up and down his muscular thighs and hips. I continued to do that for another few seconds, and once I felt he had been teased enough I leaned forward and touched the tip of my tongue to his balls. I swirled my tongue around his testicles for a second or two before taking them in my mouth and gently sucking on them.

When he moaned, I ran my tongue up the underside of his rigid cock and circled it once around the head before taking it completely into my mouth. His legs began to shake as I slowly bobbed up and down on his shaft, arching my neck to I could take it all the way in. His groans got louder and more frequent as I began moving faster. I felt his balls begin to tighten a few minutes later and knew he was about to come. I pulled my mouth off his throbbing penis and tugged him down into a sitting position beside me.

I lay down on my back and he propped himself on his side next to me. Our lips and tongues met again, while his hands roamed all over my upper body and legs. I opened my thighs in invitation and he obligingly moved one finger over my creamy slit.

I stroked his shaft, as he found and circled my aching clit with his fingers, causing my hips to move. He removed his finger and swirled it once around my dripping entrance before sliding it all the way in, then out repeatedly. I grunted and my hips bucked wildly as his finger started moving faster. Seconds before I came, he stopped and pulled his finger out.

He rolled on top of me and began sliding the swollen head of his cock against my pussy in a maddeningly slow fashion. Breathlessly, I moved my hips to meet his. Then when he pulled back, I lifted my hips slightly so that when he came forward again, he cock nudged my opening. We both groaned loudly as he slowly slid all the way in. He stayed there for a second before coming almost all the way out again. He slid slowly back in and out several times so I ran my hands down his back to his tight ass, and gripped it, urging him to go faster. He did and my hips matched their rhythm to his.

I felt my orgasm building a little more every time his cock bumped my cervix and I gripped him tighter. Sensing my impending release he steadily sped up until all of a sudden my hips were bucking uncontrollably and I heard myself screaming his name. He came a second after I did and I could feel him convulsing inside of me as several hot loads spurted inside of me.

After several long seconds of this he collapsed, gasping on top of me. I stroked his back as our senses and breath slowly came back to us. When we were finally back under control, he propped himself up on his elbows, and looked into my eyes.

"God, I missed you," he whispered. I smiled.

"I can see that," I said and he grinned.

"You know its midnight?" he asked.

"It is?"

"Mm-hm, and it's a good thing too because I think we already exchanged our special Christmas presents."

"Oh yeah, we did." I frowned. "Except you forgot to wrap yours in rubber first," I said, pretending to pout.

"So I did. Oh well, it's the thought that counts right?" he asked, his eyes twinkling in the firelight.

"I guess so," I said, pretending to feel offended.

"Well, it is our first Christmas together, so you can't blame me if I don't get everything right," he joked.

"If you say so." I smiled and rolled my eyes. He smiled back and kissed me.

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart." He said softly.