Love Lost

Poem Info
117 words
4k
0
4
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He's gone, and I am left behind
With an empty heart and no more tears to cry.
I want to tear out my hair, break everything,
Scream out my pain and rage at the clear blue sky.

The world continues on as if nothing is wrong.
How can that be? How can I remain strong
In the face of despair? How can I cope?
My love is gone. Will I lose all hope?

One day at a time, says the old motto.
I sleep and wake alone, my heart beating a rapid staccato
From the realization that he is no longer beside me.
I have lost him, and in doing so I've lost a part of me.

  • COMMENTS
4 Comments
tafxkztafxkzover 16 years ago
From the heart

It was from the heart... technically it could be a better poem but what the fuck, it is a bare heart... i wish i could work on this and set it to music... would you mind ???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I agree

with the previous commentators that this is heartfelt but it isn't your strongest poem. Think about removing yourself from the poem and adding imagery to say what you're feeling. Often, a metaphor can be more powerful than simply saying 'I feel...'

RhymeFairyRhymeFairyalmost 18 years ago
Heartfelt ~

I can feel and see your pain. You painted this poem with words of despair and hurt that reaches out and holds the reader in the palm of your hand. Kuddo's my friend ~

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonalmost 18 years ago
Raw Emotion

This poem is full of raw emotion, I can feel the emotions that you are writing. This is a very powerful and moving poem. Anyone who has lost someone, or is missing someone can relate to this piece. Well done!

Bri

Share this Poem