Edgar

Poem Info
128 words
5k
0
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

 
    And neither the angels in Heaven above,
       Nor the demons down under the sea,
    Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
       Of the beautiful Annabel Lee

       - Edgar Allan Poe

 

   Winter in Boston was brief. He drank. Syllables fell, one by one, by the corners of the room. Drops of alcohol. Who remembers the rain fallen across his name?
   He leafed all night through ancestral books and found something, nobody knows what, maybe that portrait of Annabel Lee. He drafted it on the shadow-laden windowpane and the room dawned.
   "But that is of little worth, the filter only decanted sooner the horror into light, it didn't alter the solitude of days, that night parts from one another, forevermore."

 

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
3 Comments
duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
sadness.

In a dark dark melacholy mood ~ he created ~ so many years later ~ we still read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
For lovers of Poe ...

Like me? This is perfect.

LeBrozLeBrozover 17 years ago
~~

A look, perhaps, at the story of the making of his final poem before he died;

With speculation as to who, if real, she was.

and perhaps he went to join her ~ one can speculate, yes?

Share this Poem