Spirals In A Bottle

Poem Info
206 words
4
2k
0
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A silly grin painted your lips youthful as we sat in the darkened room. Spirals of light circling around us, like a haunted disco or chemically induced acid trip. I wondered on your thoughts. The room provided no disclosure as your eyes hid in the darkness. Hid from me.

I snuggled against the plush fabric of your well worn couch then poked my finger through cigarette holes, nostrils flaring at the faint after scent. You were looking, but not at me. Maybe past the place I rested to the open window. Those empty sockets blankly staring at the silhouette across the way.

“Spin the bottle,” you spoke a little above a whisper. I heard you clearly and reached toward the coffee table to comply. The bottle spun in the silent negritude of our current dwelling. I nearly felt your breath on my face…though you were halfway across the room.

The dull scratching of the glass against the wood, slowed to a halt. Which direction was it pointing? I closed my eyes while nestled against the couch cushion. "Tell me in the morning", my mind spoke softly. I do not want this to end…to be our last kiss goodnight.

“Copyright © 2007 MLB. All rights reserved.”

Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
3 Comments
Unbridled_PassionUnbridled_Passionabout 17 years ago
did she win...

or not- I like the way you leave the reader thinking at the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Imaginative

A well conceived prose poem with good detail and atmosphere. Mentioned in today's new poem reviews.

LeBrozLeBrozabout 17 years ago
~~

A strange little prose piece; aren't they a bit old to play spin the bottle?