Fantasy or Reality

Story Info
A comparison of sexual fantasy and real life.
3k words
4.67
13.5k
2
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mcfbridge
mcfbridge
699 Followers

The following is a comment I actually received on the final chapter of one of my stories. Specifically, you can find it attached to the epilogue of the Gameshow series.

What a crock of crap. Nancy was right in the first place. Having a guy's dick shoved in the "out" door is painful. Period. You may get used to it, but if you don't like it the first time, 95% likely you won't like it any other time, either. What IS the allure of anal sex? It can be unsanitary and dangerous. A guy gets going too hard in a woman's vagina and she may wake up sore, but rough use in the anal area can actually leave damage, and if he enters her pussy after without properly cleansing she can get an infection. I suppose if a woman likes pain...

What I find interesting about this comment is that whoever wrote it is viewing these characters as real people. You can argue whether his or her assertion that someone who doesn't like anal sex the first time will never like it is true or not, but that's not the point. And certainly there is no arguing with the risks described, in actuality they are very real and in real-life they need to be genuine concerns.

But this isn't real-life, it's fantasy. These characters exist for the erotic results of the story and nothing more. They have no feelings, no families, no people who care about them. They tend to be unattached one-dimensional characters. Certainly I try to flesh out the characters to make the story more fun. Just describing sex acts without building some characterization in is boring, not erotic. But even the details given these characters are fantasy. Their attitudes and reactions really have little if any bearing on real-life.

To make my point, I'm going to tell the same short story twice. First, as an erotic fantasy. Then, as it might have actually occurred in real-life. Please note the setups of the two stories are absolutely identical, but even though the same exact events take place in both cases, the emotions and feelings they generate are very different.

* * * * *

The Raped Nurse, Version 1, Fantasy

Penny Ellis was a night nurse at Edwards Nursing Home. She worked the swing shift, 4PM to Midnight, Monday thru Friday. It was hard work and awful hours, but it was the only job they had available. And since her husband had died in Iraq a couple of years earlier, she was alone and needed the money. Fortunately at least, her mother lived nearby and could watch the baby while she was at work. Georgie had just turned two, and there was no way she could have afforded a baby sitter every night.

This particular night had not gone well, and it was getting worse by the minute. One of the patients had become disoriented and had started screaming and yelling at Penny. He had cursed her out and called her all sorts of terrible things. By the time she and the rest of the staff had gotten him sedated Penny was exhausted. And now, three blocks from home, she had a flat tire and she didn't have a spare. Penny thought about using her cell and calling for help, but it would take hours for a tow truck to show up. So she decided to just park on the street and walk the three blocks home. She could call someone to come out and deal with the car duing the day tomorrow. Tonight, she just wanted to fall down in bed.

The walk was easy. In fact, if instead of walking along the street where it curved around, she cut through the Andersons' yard, she'd only have to walk a little more than a block. The Andersons weren't terribly nice people, and that son of theirs was a slob, but it was after 1:00 in the morning and no one would be around anyway.

Except someone was around. Sam Anderson was in the backyard. His parents were out of town, and he had had some friends over for a little party. But his folks would kill him if they found out, so he was hauling trash out of the house when Penny wondered into his yard.

Penny saw Sam and tried to ignore him. The boy was 20 and had flunked out of school and never held a job. He'd been in trouble a few times, but his parents had always gotten him out. Frankly, he was a total asshole, and besides that he looked drunk. Penny picked up her pace and tried to walk through the yard as quickly as she could.

She didn't make it though. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder and she was roughly spun around. Sam was standing over her and from the way his breath smelled, he was indeed very drunk. Penny tried to pull away, but Sam was a very big kid and he had a good grip on her arm.

The boy asked Penny what she was doing in his yard, and she tried to explain that her car had broken down and she was just walking home. Well, Sam told her that she was trespassing and if she wanted to go through his yard she would have to pay for the service. Penny said that she was sorry and she would walk back and go around, but Sam said it was too late. She was already in his yard so she already owed him. Penny was getting scared now and she asked him how much he wanted. Sam just laughed and said that he didn't want money. Then before Penny could react, Sam pushed her down so that she was sitting on the ground.

Penny was stunned by the fall for a second. When she looked up, Sam had unzipped his pants and his cock was out. And dear GOD! It was the biggest thing she had ever seen. Penny knew she should try and escape, but she was just fascinated by that huge dick. The thing had to be 9 inches long, and so wide. Penny just stared at it for a minute, but then Sam walked towards her and told her to suck it. Well, she had no choice, and besides that thing looked incredible. So Penny opened her mouth and sucked Sam's huge dick in.

It was amazing. The thing was so big, Penny could barely get more than the head in. She forgot all about what a jerk the boy was. She just sucked and licked that amazing rod. And it was getting so hard. The girl was just starting to wonder what would happen next, when Sam pulled out of her mouth and pulled Penny to her feet. The little nurse was actually a little disapointed to lose that fantastic dick, but she let Sam stand her up.

After that, the boy unsnapped Penny's pants and pulled them down. There was an old tree stump in the yard, and Sam dragged the nurse over to it. Without any ceremony, he bent Penny over the stump and moved behind her. Then he pulled the girl's legs apart and plunged himself into her pussy. She was so wet he slipped in without any trouble at all After that, Sam went to town on that pussy.

Penny couldn't believe it. This awful boy had her bent over a tree and was fucking her. She should be fighting, but that huge cock felt so good. She'd never had one close to that size and it was amazing. It hit places nothing had ever touched before and it felt wonderful. The boy kept thrusting harder and harder, and Penny pushed back just as hard. Her breath started to get short and she knew she was going to cum. At first she had hoped the boy would leave her alone, now she just prayed that he wouldn't stop. He didn't. That wonderful rod kept driving in and out of her cunt. Finally it happened. Penny lifted her head up and screamed. She was CUMMING!. A moment later, she felt Sam thrust deep and begin to cum with her.

God she felt wonderful. Somewhere, Sam had finished and pulled out of her. The boy really was a jerk. He had just pulled his pants back on and left her bent over that stump without saying a word. Penny got up and pulled her clothes back on. She knew she should tell someone that she had been raped, but she didn't really want to bother anyone. Besides, she liked the night air. In fact, Penny decided that she would really need to walk home more often.

*

The Raped Nurse, Version 2, Reality

Penny Ellis was a night nurse at Edwards Nursing Home. She worked the swing shift, 4PM to Midnight, Monday thru Friday. It was hard work and awful hours, but it was the only job they had available. And since her husband had died in Iraq a couple of years earlier, she was alone and needed the money. Fortunately at least, her mother lived nearby and could watch the baby while she was at work. Georgie had just turned two, and there was no way she could have afforded a baby sitter every night.

This particular night had not gone well, and it was getting worse by the minute. One of the patients had become disoriented and had started screaming and yelling at Penny. He had cursed her out and called her all sorts of terrible things. By the time she and the rest of the staff had gotten him sedated Penny was exhausted. And now, three blocks from home, she had a flat tire and she didn't have a spare. Penny thought about using her cell and calling for help, but it would take hours for a tow truck to show up. So she decided to just park on the street and walk the three blocks home. She could call someone to come out and deal with the car duing the day tomorrow. Tonight, she just wanted to fall down in bed.

The walk was easy. In fact, if instead of walking along the street where it curved around, she cut through the Andersons' yard, she'd only have to walk a little more than a block. The Andersons weren't terribly nice people, and that son of theirs was a slob, but it was after 1:00 in the morning and no one would be around anyway.

Except someone was around. Sam Anderson was in the backyard. His parents were out of town, and he had had some friends over for a little party. But his folks would kill him if they found out, so he was hauling trash out of the house when Penny wondered into his yard.

Penny saw Sam and tried to ignore him. The boy was 20 and had flunked out of school and never held a job. He'd been in trouble a few times, but his parents had always gotten him out. Frankly, he was a total asshole, and besides that he looked drunk. Penny picked up her pace and tried to walk through the yard as quickly as she could.

She didn't make it though. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder and she was roughly spun around. Sam was standing over her and from the way his breath smelled, he was indeed very drunk. Penny tried to pull away, but Sam was a very big kid and he had a good grip on her arm.

The boy asked Penny what she was doing in his yard, and she tried to explain that her car had broken down and she was just walking home. Well, Sam told her that she was trespassing and if she wanted to go through his yard she would have to pay for the service. Penny said that she was sorry and she would walk back and go around, but Sam said it was too late. She was already in his yard so she already owed him. Penny was getting scared now and she asked him how much he wanted. Sam just laughed and said that he didn't want money. Then before Penny could react, Sam pushed her down so that she was sitting on the ground.

Penny tried to scream, but the boy pulled out a knife and said that if she made a sound he would cut her throat. Sam looked drunk enough and mean enough that Penny believed he would actually do it. Then the boy unzipped his pants and pulled his penis out. Penny tried to look away, but Sam told her she'd better suck it or else. The boy was disgusting and dirty, but Penny was scared to death. And all she could think of was her son at home. His father was already gone, what would happen to him if she was killed. Fighting her disgust, Penny did what the boy said.

It went on for a little while, and then Sam pulled away from her. Penny thought it was over, but the boy dragged her to her feet. She struggled for a moment, but the big kid punched her in the head and she went down in a daze. By the time she recovered, Penny found herself bent over a tree stump with her pants being ripped off. Again, she tried to get up, but Sam wrapped an arm around her neck and held that knife up in front of her. Penny just sagged down. She'd tried to just focus on her son and forget everything else.

Sam moved behind her and forced her legs apart. Penny started to cry, but she was too scared to really fight. The boy thrust his way into her. She was completely dry and it hurt, but Sam didn't seem to care. Penny closed her eyes and just focused on seeing her young son safe at home. She tried to ignore what was happening to her body and just get through it. Somewhere, the man finished using her and Penny felt him let go of her. She was still crying when Sam grabbed her by her hair and pulled her to her feet. He showed her the knife again and told her she better not tell anyone what had happened or next time he would kill her. Then he drew back his right arm. Penny was too weak and beat up already to avoid the fist coming at her face. She saw it coming towards her mouth and then everything went black.

Penny had no idea how long she lay there. Probably only a few minutes. She was sore and her mouth was bleeding. The beaten woman pulled her clothes on and stumbled to her feet. The boy was gone now and she was alone. Crying, she walked the short distance home and made it to her front door. Her mother would be inside and she didn't want to scare her. So Penny collected herself and then went into the house.

Her mom could see Penny looked disheveled, and there was that blood on her mouth. But Penny just told her that her car had had a flat and that while she had walked home, she had fallen in the dark and hit her face on a rock. Her mom wanted to stay and care for her, but Penny assured her she was fine and sent her home.

When she was alone, Penny went in and looked in on her son. The little boy was sleeping like an angel. Thank God she had gotten home to him. Then she just went back out into the living room and sat down on the sofa and cried. She felt so dirty, all she wanted was a shower. Penny headed for the bathroom, but then she stopped. As scared as she was, she couldn't let that boy get away with this. If he would do this to her, he would do it to someone else. And the cops would need the DNA as evidence. Penny walked back into her son's room, she gave him a kiss on the cheek, and then she went to the phone and called the police.

*

A couple of things to notice in the two stories. Obviously, the violent aspect of the rape is much more prevalent in the second version, but more than that, the girl's family is a much bigger part. In the first story, the only mention of the girl's husband and son is in the very first paragraph. It is just used to describe her and nothing more. Her feelings towards these people never enter into the story. In the second story, however, it is the feelings for her young son that are a driving force. This woman has a family that needs and depends on her and she knows it. Also, you as the reader know it as well and that changes your view and feelings about the character. No longer is she simply an erotic fantasy that has sexual things happen to her, but she is a real-life human being. She is someone's mother and someone's daughter, and the things that happen to her don't happen in a vacuum. They affect other people as well.

In my opinion, if you find the first story erotic or exciting, you simply enjoy fantasy. If you find both stories erotic, I think you need to take a close look at yourself. And if by any chance you only find the second story exciting, personally I think you need to consult a mental health professional immediately.

So, when reading an erotic story, don't worry if it doesn't make sense in real-life. It's not supposed to. Just enjoy it for what it is. A sexually exciting tale told in a fantasy universe. That's my opinion and I would love to hear yours. Please leave comments so perhaps a discussion of this topic can take place. I would really like to hear what some of my readers have to say on this subject.

mcfbridge

mcfbridge
mcfbridge
699 Followers
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
4 Comments
TNDRIVERTNDRIVERover 15 years ago
so true

1st let me say you make an excellent point, espeacially where force or rape is concerned. If you have those type of thought I concur you need a team of doctor's examining your head.

2nd let me say thins like anal, take a good 4 to 6 hrs planning in advance, and that's after you've agreed to do it. You'll need a laxative just to clean you out, you have to eat lite to none at all until the event to prevent bowels from filling backup with waste. some prep work in using toys to aid spinecher opening up. plenty of lubrication, I'd recommend an enema 30 mins to an hour before event. I think you get the picture, I disagree the anal is not enjoyable and for the educated folks that do it and do all the above it is both safe and enjoyable' but we all know less than 40% of the folks are going to want it bad enough they'll take the time to do set up work, they say it is to much work.

3rd guys be careful in what you wish for, unless you have 100% trust and complete honesty with know secrets, may I suggest that things like cuckolding, swinging, and even 3somes with life partner in my opinion are not wise acts to get involved in. if trust and honest communication is not there your marriage will end in divorce. don't kid yourself either guys if your wife is bi-sexual another woman or women can be just, if not more so, to steal your wife from you. Again my advice to you if it walks, talks, and quacks like a duck then it is a duck. Remember never take anything for granite, verify always, just as your wives do with you, that their trust is deserved, keep them guesiing come home early fashionable late a day or 2 early from trip, etc..., just don't get caught with blinderd on.

Lastly, I can say this having lived long time as bacholar before marrying, Sometimes it is good thing and sometimes it can be a bad thing to live out all of your check list type things, by that I mean your more apt to try to hard to steer your partner away from some acts that can be pleasurable though your don't enjoy them you set your self up to be the bad guy.

Just a quick blurb about self. I'm 45 married twice had what some would consider unusally closely related marriages. My 1st wife, she died in car wreck, was my 1st cousin from my mother side of family she was on again off again childhood 1st love, when I found it was legal in Tennessee at the time, in other words atleast last time I looked about 23 states, mostly southern or mountainous states had it as still legal to marry 1st cousins, and as it was family who keep bugging me about marriage, I thumb noise at society in genral and took advantage of her love and our long term on going sexual affair to just marry her, oh the crumbling that brought on, when I stopped everyone and read the TN law on marriage and what was specificily legal I told to can it we're getting married and further discussion is like talking my yourself in the woods noone hears you but yourself and that is it. We lasted 10 years till a drunk ran into her car as she was coming home from work, she never knew what hit her. My 2nd wife can also be technically called my step-sister, let me explain she and I and my dad and her mom met at same time we both started dating roughly same time, the only thing my wife and I did is when they set there date we went to justice of peace and got married 2 years ahead of time or ahead of "our church" wedding so we'd still be legal. that one pissed her mom off big time cause we share a half sibling wife's mom got one of those surprises that sometimes happens to woman in mid to late 40s where their cycles get unpredictable and sometimes noexsistant. plus our oldest son is 6 months older than "our" (mine and my wife's) little half sister. See we were the eldest child of both our parents 1st marriage and were grown and out of house before they married. I guess in that regard Dad and Mom get tired of explaining to all of our younger siblings as they get old enough how their oldest brother and oldest sister can legally be married., My wife and I have loads of fun with it, we love to have someone intro us husband and wife and at same time brother and sister. It makes for great conversation at dinner parties. Thanks keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
!

I agree with the two comments below, the only thing I would add is that many writers and readers do not know the difference between fantasy and reality. My point incase is that many writers seem to accept that men will allow their wives/girlfriends to have sex with anyone they like and the husband/boyfriend does one of two things he either just does nothing or he activly takes part in cleaning services after his wife brings home mens spunk.but when the idea of this is called in to question the writers claim it was only a fantasy and they would never do it in real life well all i can say is let the thier real wives and girlfriends read these stories and see what their reaction to them is. now I as a straight man who has no intention of tasteing anyones spunk find it incredebly hard to understand how anyone could have this fantasy but haveing said that I know or at least think I do that 99.9% of men would not do this act even if it meant having amazing sex. Okay I admit I do not talk for everybody, but I can't help thinking that an erotic story can be really erotic with a bit of realism. what I object to is when a story goes in to la la land. for instance I read a story a while ago where a faithful wife of twenty years suddenly overnight turns into a total slut just because she wanted a child and the husband did not and in the story she slept with 30-40 men in ONE afternoon, now from my point of view even from a fantasy point of view who would think of such an idea! Is this probable? I do not think so is the in any shape or form even close to reality? the answer for me is no, the only time this might happen is in a gang bang roman style orgy and only once have i seen something close to it and that was when that porn star had sex with 300 men or somthing like it and she ended up in hospital after it.

sacrificedangelsacrificedangelabout 16 years ago
Very well put.

I would just add, in connection to what was said below, Yes, some stories may not be your scene, they may rub you the wrong way, however: Would you give a story, that has not been written in the catagory that you enjoy; a low score simply because it does not "appeal" to you? Or would you judge it on its articulation, its presence, and flow? On some comments I have seen on some stories, I have seen one person say something similar to what you mention mcfbridge, that they did not like anal (that is as simply as it was put), and they voted that woman's story poorly on that basis, when I found the story very well written. I myself, am not a fan of a man deep throating in 'REALITY', however I find it does not affect my judgement of the stories I encounter that contain it; some writers have the creative skills to make it incredibly erotic in fantasy.

I have encountered some stories, that you do wonder...where they just writing it for the sake of attempting to write smut? Constructive critisism is a must for those who are truely attempting to write...but is useless on those who are not taking it with some element of seriousness. (lol ~ I have read some stories where you can just imagine a wee frat boy going "Yeaaaaaah I wrote that for literotica!" lol)

You are right mcfbridge, sometimes people need to be able to differenciate between the real life, and fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Enjoyed!

I agree with your comments but would add that some stories just rub me the wrong way. I like stories that have some reality to then, not just mindless animal sex. As a husband of a great wife and father of two daughters and a son, incest,interracial,gay,I don't even start.Cockold because the husband wants it I can't understand so they leave me cold.With one in four high school kids that are sexually active having a S.T.D. it's hard for me to forget this is a danger while reading these stories. I think your own life experiences influence what we each find erotic. Good writing always helps. Thanks!

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Hypoactive Sexual Desire Syndrome HSDS: Low libido doesn't mean hopeless.in Reviews & Essays
Submission 101 Rules (thoughts) on playing safely, sanely and consentually.in How To
Are We Satisfied Questionnaire for couples considering more spice.in How To
A Good Pet Beth fulfills her dream of submission and petplay.in Lesbian Sex
BDSM: The Nature of Consent SSC vs RACK.in Reviews & Essays
More Stories