Organ Stool

Poem Info
60 words
5
3.2k
0
4
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
WickedEve
WickedEve
39 Followers

The unplugged Jesus,
from a piano stool
I follow his eyes — sweat, cold
lager, and smokes. Into the offering plate,

ash falls with salvation.
From Father's abandoned house,
clawfoot, swivel sin goes with us.
No keys,

absent chords,
but I mount the stout organ
stool, shouting Allegro, you bastard!
to my lover.

-
copyright d. dixon
august 2008
-

WickedEve
WickedEve
39 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
4 Comments
unpredictablebijouunpredictablebijouover 15 years ago
o damn

you've done it again. I keep saying, if I ever manage to write something this stellar and concise I get to go to poet heaven like you do. I liked both pieces today but anything that has both sex and religion in it and is still GOOD is definitely going to catch my attention.

TzaraTzaraover 15 years ago
I actually prefer this one to the other poem today

though there are parts of this one I find confusing. I get confused in the first strophe about whether you're following the eyes of the unplugged Jesus or your lover (carrying it?). One of the things I like about your poems, though, is how they seem to me to have a kind of non-rational narrative (of course, it could be I simply am to dim to follow what you've written). They end up being very dreamlike because of that, in a good way. As Equinoxe said, the penultimate line is very funny.

normal jeannormal jeanover 15 years ago
again....

your poetry, enlightening, giving a subject life. I hope you realize that you're good, <i>really</i> good.

~

julie

Safe_BetSafe_Betover 15 years ago
Brava

You can't write something that I wouldn't admire, but this one is really special. Fantastic symbolism, a touch of sarcastic wit and wonderful compact lines. Too good!

Share this Poem