A Sad Story

Story Info
A sad story about a cheating wife.
3.7k words
4.22
441.5k
126

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 07/16/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,279 Followers

Not a lot of sex, just enough to get the story told. Think about how you would react; hopefully you'll never have to find out.

I had just finished my beer when I noticed Jim walking through door. Motioning him over to the end of the bar, I called out to the bartender.

"Hank, give me two more will you," as Jim sat on the bar stool next to me.

"Got your message good buddy, what was so damm important that we had to meet in the middle of the afternoon at a bar?" he inquired.

By now, Hank had delivered the beers and I raised my beer to Jim, "to friendship," I said as we touched bottles.

"Jim, I've know you for 18 years and you've been my best friend for 16 of those years," I started. "You're the only person I feel close enough to tell my story," I said looking sadly down at the floor.

"I suppose your wife, Vicki, has told you that Carol and I've been having a lot of problems over the last six months," I said without even looking at Jim. "No matter what I said or did, it was always wrong. Everyone told me that, because she was going through her change in life, her body chemistry was off and not to worry about it; but that's easy to say and hard to do."

"About three months ago we had a real blow up. I wanted to fool around and Carol wasn't interested. I guess I should have let it go, but it'd been weeks since we'd even been close and I was more than a little pissed," I said taking a big swallow. "I told her if she didn't want to fuck me anymore, I'd find someone who would. I know it was a stupid thing to say, and as soon as it came out of my mouth I told her I was talking out my ass but she went nuts."

"If you can find some slut who'll want that small dick of your, go for it you asshole," Carol yelled as she ran upstairs.

I ran after her apologizing but she slammed and locked our bedroom door.

"Carol honey I'm sorry, it was a stupid thing to say, you know I love you," I told her but she just told me to go away. "Shit, I really screwed it up this time," I thought to myself.

I spent the next two nights in the guest room and Carol didn't say a word to me unless she absolutely had to.

"Jim, you have no idea how hard it is to live in a house with someone you love, who refuses to talk to you" I told him.

This went on for about a month when I'd finally had enough. We were sitting at the dining room table having dinner and I put my fork down at looked at her.

"Carol, if you don't talk to me tonight, I'm moving out tomorrow and talking to a lawyer about getting a divorce," I told her hoping my bluff would snap her out of her shity mood or at least get her to yell to me.

When she wouldn't even acknowledge what I said, I stood up, went upstairs packed a few things in a suitcase and walked out.

"Well Jim, we both called each others bluff. I ended up staying at a motel close to work and turned off my cell phone; because I didn't have anything more to say to Carol at that point. I went to work as usual on Thursday, and left my cell phone off until about 2:00 in the afternoon. When I finally turned it on, I had 15 messages from Carol."

"In the first eight, she yelled at me and told me what a shit head I was, and to call her when I got my head out of my ass. In the next six, Carol was a lot more reserved and told me to call her cell phone, so we could talk. The final message, was one with her crying and telling me not to go see an attorney until I talked to her, and to please call her as soon as possible."

I looked at Jim and motioned to Hank to give us another round.

"Shit Ken, I never knew it was that bad between the two of you. Vicki just said you guys were going through a rough patch and that per Carol, you guys were working through it," he said downing the last of his bottle. "Damm it Jim, why didn't you say something to me, you know I'm always there for you," he said giving me a hug.

"Well after work, I went back to my motel and waited until about 6:00 before calling Carol. She answered on the second ring. I asked her if she wanted to talk yet and she sheepishly answered yes. I told her to meet me at Angelo's in an hour and we'd have dinner and talk."

"When we got there she wanted to talk, but I told her to wait until after dinner or the waiter would be interrupting us every 15 minutes. We ate in silence and after bringing us coffee I told the waiter to leave us alone for a while."

"Jim come home, I miss you," Carol said with tears in her eyes. "I know we can work through this because I know you still love me, even after what you said the other night," she said almost crying. "I know I've been a bit out of sorts lately, but I'll work on that, just don't shut me out," she told me.

"Shut you out," I said a little too loudly. "Shut you out, you haven't let me touch you in months," I told her. "And when you did, it was like I was getting pity sex from you. It was like, here I am, let me know when you're finished."

People were now starting to look our way, and the waiter came back to ask if we needed anything else. I told him to bring me a double brandy, because I figured I'd need it before the night was through.

"Carol, I thought when the kids left we now had it all. We could come and go as we pleased and if we wanted to make love on the kitchen table, hell there was no one at home to worry about; but you pulled away from me. Every time I tried to initiate something you always had an excuse. You were too tired, you had a headache, you were too busy or just not in the mood; shit, you were never in the mood," I told her.

Carol looked down at the table because she knew Jim was right. Her hormones were out of whack and she seemed to always be in a bad mood. The only person around now, to vent on, was Jim; and she did just that. If work wasn't going just right, if dinner didn't turn out the way it should or if she thought Jim was pawing at her; she let him have it; which I guess, became almost an every night thing.

"Jim all I can say is that I'm sorry. When we became empty nesters it hit me real hard; it was now, just the two of us for the first time since we first got married. You started acting like a teenager again, wanting sex every night and with my hormones out of balance, I just wasn't in the mood like you. It doesn't mean I loved you any less, I just didn't have your sex drive. I thought you'd get tired of doing it, but the more we did it, the more you wanted it; I couldn't win," she said as her eyes watered up.

"I guess I pulled back because I felt I was being used, like a piece of meat and I didn't like it," she told him. "I got pissed that night because I felt like you didn't care what I thought any longer and you just wanted to get off; sorry about the short dick comment," she said with a smile. "You know after so many years, you and I do fit like a comfortable pair of gloves."

I knew she had made some valid points, and it looked like we were both to blame, because neither one of us wanted to talk about it to the other.

"Carol I love you more than you can imagine, and sometimes I just want to climb inside of you; to be that much closer to you. But I guess I went a little overboard, but I had to bring it to a head or we'd never talk about it." I stood up, went to her side of the table and kissed her. "Let's go home."

"Jim, I'd like to tell you that everything was perfect after that, but I'd be lying. The makeup sex was great, but after a week or two, she started pulling back again. Shit, I wasn't going to go through that mess again so I started dating her."

"What?" Jim asked. "What the hell do you mean, you started dating her?"

"Just that Jim, I started treating her like I did when we first started dating. I now called her to ask how her day was going, I brought home flowers, I took her shopping and even had dinner already prepared when she got home at least three nights a week. Carol looked at me weird for a little while, but after three weeks, she got more comfortable with it and just went with the flow; which brings me to today."

"I decided to take it one step further. I could tell she was a little uneasy this week, and I wasn't exactly sure why, so I planned a honeymoon weekend."

"I took Friday off and told her I had to go out of town for the day but would be home by 10:30 that night. I packed a bag and played it to the hilt. I had breakfast at Denny's and then planned my day. I made reservations at that new French restaurant, I picked up a box of her favorite chocolates and booked the honeymoon suite at the Ritz. I then went to the mall and bought a slinky black dress, Carol's been eyeing for the last month, and shoes to go along with it. I finally went to Victoria Secrets and found a sexy piece of lingerie, not slutty but sexy, if you know what I mean. Shit man, my plan was coming all together."

"I grabbed everything and headed for home to be ready for Carol when she got home. I noticed something wasn't quite right as soon as I walked through the front door. I put everything on the kitchen counter and then I heard it."

"Oh fuck yes, give it to me," I heard the voice say.

"At first I thought Carol had left the TV on a cable channel so I quietly walked upstairs. The voices were coming from our spare room, so I knew something was up. I leaned up against the wall in the hallway and listened."

"I bet your wimp of a husband can't please you like I can," the guys chuckled. "Let me show you what a real man's cock feels like."

"Oh god, you're going to split me apart, oh fuck but it feels so good; don't stop God damm it," I heard her scream.

"I was fucking numb and wanted to run away but my feet wouldn't work. Shit Jim, I wanted to cry, scream but all I could do is just stand there listening."

"When he told her he was going to fuck her virgin ass, I lost it."

"I ran down the stairs and had the front door open before I stopped."

"This was my house, and I wasn't going anywhere; I wasn't the one cheating upstairs. Jim, you remember a couple of years ago when we tried target shooting? Well, I saved that pistol and kept it in my desk in the den. I went in, grabbed it and headed back upstairs."

"Ken, please tell me you didn't do anything stupid," Jim said with a worried look on his face.

"Even though I wanted to kill them both, I didn't; hell, I didn't even had bullets for it," I told Jim. "So here I am in the hallway, outside the door, listening to them fuck away when I stepped into the room."

"Jim, they didn't even notice me. I must have stood there for at least a full minute with that stupid gun in my hands, wondering what to do next. Finally I reached over, and flipped the light switch on and off; that got their attention."

"It was that fucking prick Dan, from down the street; I didn't like him before, and I hated the bastard now," I told Jim. "You know the stories about when someone gets caught, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is bull shit; well their right."

"It's not what it looks like, it's just sex and please don't shoot us, is all they fucking said," I said downing the last of my beer.

"You want another one?" Jim asked.

"No, better not, I'll need a clear head later tonight, when I talk to Carol," I told him.

"Well, they just sat there in the bed cowering, begging me not shoot them. Finally, after the initial shock had worn off, I told them they had one minute to get their cheating asses out of my house or I'd put them both in the grave."

"Hell, they both hit the door with their clothes 30 seconds later. The last thing I saw was their asses heading towards Dan's house. After that, I didn't even bother to lock the front door. I just got in my car, drove here and called you; and now your up to speed."

Jim didn't say a word for the longest time; he just kept twisting his bottle of beer on the bar.

I finally broke the silence. "If it was you Jim, what would you do?"

"Shit man, this is a tough one. You and Carol have been together for over 20 years, are you ready to divorce her and start over? I guess you got to talk to her an ask how long it's been going on and if she still loves you?" Jim told me.

"Jim think about it, how can a women cheat on her husband and still claim to love him; it's an oxymoron at best; and does it really make a difference if it was one time or twenty?" I asked him.

"Look Ken, I know your pissed, and rightfully so, but you got to sit down with her before you go off and do something your going to regret," Jim told me. "Think about it, are you better with or without her?"

"Hell Ken, that prick Dan may have drugged her for all you know. But first of all, I'd take that son of a bitch down before I did anything else. I'd be at his house tonight and tell his wife Karin what a low life she's married to. I'd probably want to kick the shit out of him, but he's not worth going to jail for."

Jim, now looking Ken straight in the eye said, "buddy, I'm there for you and I'll back you up whatever you decide; but if it was me, I'd find any way in hell to patch it up with Carol because you two are good for each other."

It got real quiet for a few minutes as he kept spinning that empty beer bottle on the bar. "Jim I'm glad you feel that way, because there something important I've got to tell you," I said turning to face him. "It wasn't my wife fucking around with Dan, it was your wife, Vicki," I told him waiting for his reaction.

I could see the steam coming out of Jim's ears as he exploded. "That fucking slut, I'm going to kick her ass to the curb when I get home tonight," he screamed as everyone now turned to look at us. "Ken, then what was that shit about you talking to Carol tonight" he asked.

"I've got to find out why she let those two use our house, to make a cuckold out of my best friend; I don't think I'll be able to forgive her for that" I told Jim. "Just remember what you told me, hear Vicki out before you do something stupid."

"The bitch better have been both drunk and drugged if she ever wants to step back into my house ever again" Jim yelled as he stormed out of the bar.

When I got home, Carol was waiting for me. She had all ready seen the dress, shoes and everything else on the kitchen counter. Vicki had called Carol at work, and told her that I had walked in on her and Dan; and that I was really pissed.

I walked right past Carol, went to the refrigerator and got a beer. Then grabbing a kitchen chair, I sat at the breakfast island and asked her, "What the hell were you thinking when you allowed Vicki and Dan to cheat on Jim under our roof?"

Carol was wringing her hands as she looked for the right words.

"I didn't want to, but Vicki kind of talked me into it. They'd screwed around in Dan's car the first time and wanted to do it in a bed," she said in almost a whisper.

Carol could sense I was a time bomb waiting to go off. "I don't give a flying fuck what those two ass holes wanted, I want to know why the hell you let them do it here?" I said as calmly as I could. "I just spent the last hour with Jim telling him a sad story about a cheating wife without telling him it was his wife, Vicki," I told her.

"I wanted to see what his reaction would be if he thought it was you and Dan."

Carol got this indignant look on her face and said, "I'd never cheat on you Ken; I love you too much for that."

"But Carol, you were a big part of their cheating; you gave them a safe place to do it, can you see that? I know Vicki is your best friend, but your friends with Jim too and he's my best friend; don't you know how that makes me look?"

"The wife of his best friend helping to cuckold him; I don't think we'll ever be like we were before this," I shouted at her. "So Carol, you took something away from me also," Ken said with a sad look on his face.

"Carol, right now I hate you for being so fucking stupid," I told her. "I had a fabulous weekend planned and right now I can't stand the sight of you. What would you have done if Jim had let me use his house to cheat on you, with another women and Vicki had walked in on us? I guess it goes both ways now doesn't it?"

"Carol, I'm not going to argue with you, nor do I even want to talk with you right now," I said standing up. "Thanks for messing up what would have been a great weekend sweet heart," I said as I slowly walked upstairs and slammed our bedroom door.

Carol cried until she fell asleep, sometime during the night on the living room sofa.

I left Saturday morning and was away for almost two weeks. Carol tried calling me, but I never took her calls.

When I did come back home, I threw the bed from the guest room in the trash, ripped out the carpet and repainted the room. I moved into the guest room when it was finished, and stayed in there for almost two months.

My kids tried to talk to me, because they knew there was trouble on the home front; but all I'd say was, "talk to your mother."

Jim and Vicki tried to make a go of it but separated after three weeks. After two months, Jim filed for a divorce, which devastated the both of them. Vicki still wanted to try, but Jim wasn't sure if he could ever trust her again.

Jim only talks to me when I call him and he's hasn't stepped foot in my house after that day. He's respectful to Carol, but I know what he really thinks of her.

Dan's wife kicked him out and divorced him. Their house is now up for sale and Karin's moved back into her parent's house with the kids.

One night Dan was walking out of a bar and got the shit kicked out of him; he'll never father kids again because of the beating he took. The police questioned Jim to where he was that night.

I told them that he was playing cards with Carol and me so no charges were ever filed; we owed him that much.

So now here I sit. No best friend, I wife I barely speak to, as I listen to the neighbors spread rumors of what they think was going on, and who all was involved. I'm pondering about putting my house up for sale but in this market I'd take a huge loss and I can't afford that now.

The only thing that hasn't changed is that black dress; shoes, chocolates and a dead single rose that are still on my kitchen counter. It's almost become a shrine to what we almost had, and how something between us died that day.

Do I still love Carol, yes I do but do I trust her; not really.

She says that she's never cheated on me, but now I seem to have these lingering doubts. We don't make love any more, but we do have sex once in a while; but it's not the same.

One night Carol got mad and said, "I can't live like this anymore," she screamed.

I walked over to the front door and opened it and told her, "if you want to leave, I'll hold the door open for you," she shut up after that.

I labeled this, A Sad Story, but now I wonder, who got the worst of it; Jim or me.

Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,279 Followers