Love Rides a Chestnut Horse Ch. 05

Story Info
Two strangers meet in a time of healing.
3k words
4.53
13.8k
2
0

Part 5 of the 14 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 07/05/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the sun shone through the curtains the next morning, James awoke to find Isabella still sleeping soundly on his chest. Sliding gently from beneath her, he carefully laid her down on the bed. He dressed quickly, and then hobbled downstairs with Cappy at his heels, to do the morning chores. As they headed out the door, her eyes opened and she smiled after them. Tentatively, she pushed herself up in bed, testing how her head reacted. When the room didn't spin at her movement, she slipped out of bed and made her way to the bathroom.

"In bed, young lady," he called from downstairs. "You are only allowed to go to the bathroom!"

She stuck out her tongue childishly.

"I saw that!" James called as he headed out the back door.

She laughed quietly, but the sound died on her lips when she caught a glimpse of her face in the mirror. She winced at her reflection and sighed. She then set to work at her best attempt to clean herself.

Outside, James worked as fast as he could through the morning chores. It took longer than normal with his limp and an eager puppy following him everywhere. The two finally made their way back inside and up the steps. As he entered the bedroom, he saw his fiancé looking in the bathroom mirror with distaste. He watched her cringe as she tried using a cloth to clean her face. He walked quietly up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I could always draw you a bath," he offered.

She looked at his reflection in the mirror. "I'm ok," she smiled. "Unless you'd like to take one with me," she replied as she brushed her long hair.

"Actually, I was thinking of bathing you." His eyes didn't leave hers in the mirror, his expression serious but tender.

Leaning back against him, she sighed, "that would be nice. But only if you want to."

He laid a soft kiss on her head. "Go lay down, baby. I'll come get you when it's ready."

She nodded, turning, and walked out of the bathroom. She moved slowly, but without assistance, and lay down on the bed with Cappy. She giggled as he rolled around on his back, whining for her to rub his belly.

James walked in and watched her playing with him, a smile covering his face. "My family," he murmured.

Having heard him enter the room, she looked up. Smiling, she asked, "what did you say, babe?"

"I was just looking at my little family." He paused as she blushed, looking down. "The bath will be ready in a minute or two."

She stood slowly, nodding, and found herself swaying just a little. He moved quickly to hold onto her, but she shook her head. "I'm ok."

"Well, I'm staying close regardless." He kept a hand on her arm, as the walked slowly into the bathroom. When they were standing next to the tub, he whispered softly, "Hold onto me and I'll take your nightgown off."

"Is that a proposition, Mr. Buchanan?" she giggled.

He winked, "nope, it's an order." As she held onto him for support, he leaned in and placed a light, but needy, kiss on her lips. He sucked gently on her tongue and she moaned softly. Her arms lifted, so that he could remove her nightdress. He lifted it off, tossing it aside, and took off his own shirt before scooping her into his arms and placing her gently into the steaming bath. She sighed in relief, feeling the hot water relaxing her muscles. He sat down next to the tub, leaving one arm behind her to cradle her head lovingly. She turned her head to look over at him.

"Hi honey," he smiled.

She returned it, "hi."

"Does that feel good?"

She nodded slightly, "I didn't realize how tense my muscles were." She closed her eyes and laid her head back against his arm.

"Just relax, baby. I'll add more hot water when we need to." He watched her lying there, completely content.

She smiled, eyes still closed. "You're quiet," she noted.

"I'm just happy to have you," he replied.

She opened her eyes and looked over at him. "Me, too."

"Good," he whispered, leaning forward and kissing her, his fingertips trailing over the outside of her thigh. As she moaned softly, he let his hand stray to the inside of her legs. She closed her eyes again, smiling. "I can stop," his voice was barely a whisper. He started to pull his hand from the water.

She shook her head, "I didn't say that." She took his hand, whispering, "you can put it wherever you like."

He watched her. "Why don't you put it where you want it?"

"Because I'm injured and don't know what's best for me," she stated solemnly as she looked into his eyes.

He let his hand slide down over her stomach and between her legs, letting rough fingertips trail over her lips. She gasped and leaned her head back over his arm. He smiled, "Mm, you feel so good."

He rubbed her clit gently, sliding a finger into her slowly. He smiled as he watched her reaction, rolling her clit back and forth in his fingers. She bit her lip, moaning, eyes closed, breathing hard. He leaned in as she looked up, her eyes showing passion, and kissed her hungrily. He slipped another finger into her as he explored her mouth with his tongue. She cried out into his mouth and he lifted his lips from hers only slightly.

"Are you ok, honey?" he whispered.

She moaned, nodding, "yes, I'm fine. I'm more than fine."

He pushed his fingers in again, rubbing up against her spot, listening to her moan louder and watching her eyes widen. "Do you like that, baby?"

She nodded, unable to say anything else as he dragged his hand over her clit. He nibbled at her neck as her body tightened. He rubbed fast, harder, and pushed in deeper. Her body tensed, and she moaned, reaching climax as he kissed her. Her body shuddered one last time, and she pulled away, smiling up at him.

"You're supposed to be cleaning me up, not making a bigger mess," she whispered.

"We'll get there," he smiled. He took a cloth and rubbed some soap into it, then rubbing it gently all over your body. She watched his face as a small smile spread across it.

"Can you wash my hair?"

"Sure, baby," he smiled wider. He picked up a pitcher, filled it with water and gently poured it over her hair. He was careful to not let it spill over her face as he heard her contented sigh. He filled his hand with soap and started to massage it into her hair gently, making sure to avoid her injury. He massaged softly, smiling at her level of relaxation.

As she felt him carefully rinse it, she slowly sat up, and he moved around to face her.

"Ready to get out?"

She nodded, "thank you."

"Welcome, baby. Ok, arms around my neck," he instructed.

She shook her head, "you'll get all wet."

"It's ok."

She wrapped them carefully around his neck. He stood and pulled her to her feet. She gasped, "be careful of your leg!"

He quickly wrapped her in a big, soft towel and kissed her forehead. "It's ok, my love." He started to rub her down gently, drying her off.

She giggled as he continued to rub longer than necessary. "I think I'm dry."

He laughed, scooping her up and taking her into the bedroom.

"James! I can walk," she squealed.

"I know," he smiled, "and I can carry you." He laid her in the bed and grabbed another gown out of the dresser. He lifted her gently and slipped it over her head and tied the front closed, laying her back. He watched her get comfortable as he dried his arms off with the towel, and then flopped down in bed next to her.

She glanced over at him. "You're probably hungry," she noted.

He shook his head, "I'm fine, and I'll eat in a bit." He took her hand gently, and she squeezed it.

"But I don't have to stay in bed anymore, baby. I'm ok," she stared into his eyes as she spoke.

He nodded, standing and grabbing Cappy with one hand while offering her his other. She took it and slowly stood, walking carefully from the bedroom.

She smiled over at him, "wow, this is what the rest of the house looks like. I'd forgotten," she winked. They walk together down into the den, where she takes a seat on the sofa.

"Want a drink, love?

She shook her head. "I'm ok, but you should make yourself some food."

"If I eat, you're going to eat as well." He stood, hands on his hips, "so what would you like to eat babe?"

"I'm not really hungry for anything. I guess I'll eat whatever."

He got up and walked into the kitchen. He made some sandwiches and came back with them, only to find her curled up asleep on the sofa. He smiled, walking back into the kitchen and put hers in the ice box. Walking back into the living room, he sat down in the chair so as not to bother her, and proceeded to eat his. Cappy was curled up against her side, but when he saw food, he sat up and wagged his tail. James tore off a small piece of meat and held it out to him. Excited, he stood and barked, waking Isabella from her slumber.

"Bad dog," James laughed, shaking his head. "Sorry, honey."

"It's OK. Guess I fell asleep again, huh?" She stretched, sighing, "I don't get it, I never sleep this much."

"Well, as I recall, it is a sign of pregnancy." A slow grin stretches across his face as he makes the observation.

Her eyes widened, "what? But I'm not...."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

She shook her head and smiled. "No, I'm not. I... I guess I'm the one going to see Doc in the morning."

He leaned over and kissed her cheek. "Are you ready for your sandwich?

She nodded, so he hurried into the kitchen and returned with it, handing it to her. She smiled as she took it, picking it up and taking small bites. She ate slowly, and then stopped, a surprised look crossing her face. She gasped and then got up, running to the bathroom.

"Honey?" he followed as fast as he could, getting to the door just as she slammed it. He tapped the door, "honey are you ok?" He winced as he heard some very clear sounds in answer to his question. "Aw, baby..."

A few moments passed before he heard the sound of water running. The door opened just after, and she leaned against it, looking up sheepishly. "Ok, so maybe you're right."

A wide smile grew across his face, "I'm sorry you were sick, baby."

"No you're not!" She laughed loudly.

He reached out and pulled her to him. "Yes, I am. But I'm also excited as hell." He hugged her tight and kissed the top of her head.

"Well, get used to it. Me being sick, I mean." She leaned her head against his shoulder, "I'll have to go into town tomorrow."

He nods, "I'll take you. I saw a buckboard wagon in the barn. Is it ok to use it?"

"Of course! It was Daddy's, it should be fine."

"Ok, we'll go into town after chores in the morning. See the Doctor. I wanted to get your head looked at anyway, baby."

She stepped back and looked up at him. "Mine? What about you and your bum leg?"

He smiled, "don't start, baby." He helped her back to the couch and sat next to her, sliding his arm around her waist. He pulled her close and laid a soft kiss on her temple. "We're gonna have a baby."

She smiled nervously, and placed a hand on her stomach. Her wide eyes glanced up at him and she whispered, "It's so soon. Do you think we're ready?"

He placed his hand over hers on her stomach, looking deep into her eyes. "Yes. I know it's soon baby, but we are without a doubt ready. You are going to be a wonderful Mama."

She smiled, badly wanting to believe him. "How do you know?

"I just know," he softly kissed her forehead.

Looking down at her stomach, she nodded. "I hope so. I didn't have an example for long." She glanced up at him, "I mean a mom, anyway."

He cupped her face in his hands and whispered, only for her. "I know you'll be a great mom, Isabella. I just know."

She leaned in and kissed his lips softly, but urgently. Sliding her arms around his back, she allowed him to deepen the kiss and pull her into his arms. He nibbled gently at her lip and she sighed softly into his mouth.

He pulled away, breaking the kiss for just a moment. "I'm going to carry you to bed, ok?" Without waiting for a response, he scooped her up and carried her slowly up to their room. He gently lowered her onto the bed, pushing off his boots and climbing in with her. She pulled him down close to her. He smiled down at her, "hi honey."

She smiled, whispering "hi," as she pulled him in and kissed him once again.

"I think someone is feeling a little naughty." A slow grin broke out across his face.

"Maybe," she whispered.

He ran his hand up her side, his rough palm grazing bare skin as he looked deep into her eyes. Every place he touched felt as if it were bursting into flame and she arched into his touch. He whispered softly into her ear, "arms up, baby."

She lifted them carefully, and he slowly pushed her shirt off, letting his hands drag over her sides. Her eyes closed as she sighed, relaxing into his touch. Her sigh made him smile and he bent and began to lick each nipple slowly, making her moan. He looked up into her eyes, and she met his as she looked down. He took a nipple into his mouth, holding it between his teeth and teasing it with his tongue slowly. She arched her back, and moved her hands to the back of his head.

He whispered, "like that, baby?"

She nodded her head emphatically, "Oh yes!"

He kissed down over her stomach, down her muscular legs, and then back up. He licked softly along the inside of her knee. She moaned and he kissed up to between her legs, already able to feel the heat. He kissed all the way around, but never quite touched her lips. She whimpered loudly as he began blowing cool air over her wetness. He then again kissed all the way back around, a little closer this time. Finally, he gave her what she was pleading for and dragged his tongue the length of her lips, and twirled it gently around her throbbing clit.

She gasped and reached down to grab his hand. Pulling him to her, she looked up at him with wide, glazed eyes. "Please," she whispered, "I want you."

Unable to deny her, he crawled up over her. She could feel the head of his hard shaft pressing at her lips, and she moaned. Her legs spread open as he pushed against her, sliding in slowly. He spread her further open with every inch, leaning down to kiss her deeply as he pushed. She moaned loud into his mouth and wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him deeper still. He pulled back, slowly. Hs length was nearly removed from her before he pushed in again in one deep thrust. She cried out and buried her face in his shoulder as he began to thrust in and out, over and over. He pushed deeper into her with every plunge, grabbing her shaking hips and moaning as he kissed her, so eager for her taste and for her body. He wanted to feel every inch of her, wanted to stay inside her forever. Her back arched, and she clamped down on his member, crying out as she came. As she began to shudder and spasm beneath him, he groaned lowly, and released his seed inside her. As they came down from their highs, he collapsed against her, slowly pulling out and rolling to the side.

"Wow, baby..." he smiled over at her. She grabbed his hand and smiled back. She turned on her side and curled up against his side. He placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head and asked, "you ok, honey?"

She smiled wide and nodded, leaning up to kiss his lips lightly. "I'm wonderful."

He pulled her closer to him and smiled. "You know, we're going to wear each other out at this rate."

She giggled and nodded, "not to mention, we could scare the baby." She slid her arms around his waist and frowned. "Are there more chores to do outside?"

He shook his head, "not that I can think of. At least none that need my immediate attention."

"Good," she smiled. She laid her head back on his chest and slid her arm over his stomach.

"Think a nap would be a good idea?"

She nodded and closed her eyes, as he pulled a sheet over them and wrapped his arms around her tight.

"Leo and Beauty haven't been out much these past few days. They'll be angry with us." Her statement was simple, but there was a hint of something more behind it. He chose to let it pass without comment.

"They'll live," he shrugged. He disappeared under the covers for a moment and kissed her belly gently before resurfacing.

Smiling, she asked him, "Do you think it's a boy or a girl?"

"A boy," he nodded, his face serious.

"How do you know?" she asked.

He placed his hand on her stomach, "because he just told me so."

A wide grin took over her face and she laughed. "Oh, well if that's the case it must be true."

They settled into one another, falling asleep. Their bodies were twined together as if they had never been apart.