The Long Road to Ruin Ch. 09

Story Info
The Hideout.
5k words
4.64
14.2k
2

Part 9 of the 45 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 09/16/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: This fanfic is based off the Neverwinter Nights community module by the name of "A Dance with Rogues" created by Valine. I fell in love with this story and felt compelled to write something that compliments it. This story is rated Mature (NC-17) for explicit content and graphic violence. All characters except Shiloh, Bastian, Rhys, Nicca, Narev and Essex are property of Valine.

The Hideout

Shiloh climbed back down the ladder and looked to her left and right. She wondered if she should go back the way she came. But then she noted a door to her right and headed to it. It was locked as well, but she tried the key that Stan had given her and was surprised when it opened. Now she was getting somewhere. Having a key helped, but she knew that wouldn't always be the case. She had to practice her skill in picking locks if she wanted to get better at it.

She slipped through the door and closed it behind her, leaving the rat infested room behind her. She noted she was standing on another wooden bridge that led to another stone landing. She quickly crossed the bridge and came face to face with a bow wielding female with an arrow nocked pointing directly at her. She stopped short and put her hands up. Oops, she'd obviously stumbled onto someplace she shouldn't have. She noticed another female with a bow and a swordsman guarding a wrought iron gate. Hmm.....that piqued her interest greatly. She took a few more steps forward. Perhaps this was where she'd find one of her teachers that Master Nathan had told her to look up. Or then again as one of the archers approached her, maybe not.

"Hey there! Stop!" The female with a deep voice growled. Shiloh blinked at her, but stopped dead in her tracks.

The other female bounded over to them. "Kasha, leave her be. That's Shiloh."

The dark haired one, Kasha by name, lowered her bow. "Ah. Alrighty then."

Shiloh breathed out a sigh of relief and smiled at the lighter haired female wearing brown leather armor. "Who are you and how do you know me?"

"Gina's the name and Alfons told us you'd stop by sooner or later, yup."

Shiloh nodded. Alfons, hrm. "And what is this place?"

Kasha laughed. "Heh. This is the hideout of Betancuria's thieves' guild."

"Oh!" Shiloh gasped and looked around surreptitiously.

Gina joined Kasha in laughing mirthfully. "Alfons is already waiting for you! Go ahead." She winked at her before resuming her guard duty, allowing Shiloh to pass.

She approached the guard at the door, who promptly opened it for her. She smiled at him shyly and made her way up the stairs into the hideout of the thieves' guild. As she walked in, she glanced around curiously. Loud raucous music assaulted her ears immediately and she took note of the different people milling around.

Then a young woman, perhaps two or three years older than Shiloh, clad in some really scanty clothes, grinned widely when she spotted Shiloh and quickly approached her. She beamed at Shiloh, her smile lighting up her whole face. Immediately Shiloh felt at ease. "Hi there! I'm Tarleth. Nice to meet you, Shiloh."

Shiloh returned the smile. "How do you know my name?"

"Master Nathan said you'd be around sooner or later, so we were warned." Tarleth winked at Shiloh rather conspiratorially and laughed.

"Nice to meet you then, Tarleth." Shiloh joined her laughing.

"But you'd better be careful around Alfons today. Something went wrong last night, and he's been cussing ever since. Almost bit my head off when I said hi earlier."

Shiloh gulped. "What happened? And what can you tell me about this place?"

"It's our base of operations so to say. Alfons runs the show. You've met him yet?"

"No, I haven't, but Master Nathan told me to look Alfons up for a lesson."

"He's not so bad. Maybe a little ill-tempered from time to time. Don't take it personal if he tries to bite your head off. It's just his way to speak his mind freely." Tarleth advised.

"I see," she nodded, wondering what she'd gotten herself into.

"This little hideout is our current base of operations. It's a good place to rest and relax. If you don't mind sleeping with snoring scoundrels, that is!" Tarleth grinned again.

"Uh, sleeping with snoring scoundrels?" Shiloh cocked an eyebrow at her as visions of that scoundrel Vico filled her head.

"Heh don't worry, nobody will try to get under your skirts. The boys have been told that Master Nathan wishes they keep their fingers off you." Tarleth smiled.

"Yeah, I know. It's made it difficult to have any fun," Shiloh snorted, a cross look on her face.

"Well, maybe Pett will. I've never seen him turn down an offer." Tarleth winked at her. "Also, we run a little, uh, shop. The prices are lousy but the guild buys just about anything without asking questions."

"Pett, huh? That's good to know."

"There's also Mando and Jacia. You can talk to them about an occasional job. And Jacia sells a few special goods. Poisoning stuff and the like."

Shiloh frowned glumly. "Master Nathan said I have to pass my lessons first."

"Yes I know. Still it might be worth talking to them. Nothing bad about earning a few extra coins, right?"

"I might talk to them later then."

"Oh and one more thing, a word of advice. Be careful when you try to break into a locked house. The Dhorn patrols usually kill thieves on sight."

Shiloh nodded. "I'll remember that. Thank you."

"Well, see you around," Tarleth bade her before she resumed what she had been doing before Shiloh had walked through the door. She walked a few steps and poked her head through a doorway and took notice of a man whose thick beard covered most of his face and a woman who was wearing black leather from head to toe conversing quietly. She hoped the man was Alfons. She approached him confidently and smiled as she caught his eye. "Greetings."

"Grr, yes! What do you want!?" He barked at her.

"Are you Alfons?" Shiloh asked, eyeing him cautiously.

"Yes, indeed! Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Shiloh. Master Nathan sent me. I'm here for a lesson," she replied as she placed her hands on her hips.

Alfons growled at her. "We're in deep shit and Nathan sends me little girls so I can hold their hands! I don't have time for that! Get out!"

Shiloh was taken aback by his rudeness. She huffed in indignation, glaring at him. "You shouldn't vent your spleen on me. I'm only here because I was told to come here and furthermore, everyone I have met so far in this place has told me you were expecting me! Now if it's not too much to ask, will you tell me what has your codpiece in a bunch?"

He raised an eyebrow at the sassy girl standing in front of him and shook his head. "Don't waste my time!"

She tapped her foot and took a deep breath. "I just thought that I could help perhaps," she smiled at him sweetly.

Alfons rolled his eyes. "You probably won't leave us be unless I tell you, huh? Listen and listen good."

Shiloh nodded at him.

"We've got trouble with the Dhorn. They took over one of our hideouts last morning. Must have gotten a hint. Caught our people totally by surprise. Killed five of our folks. We also lost bunch of goods that were meant for export. Now I've got to send people to get our goods back and also kill the bastards involved. Vico's already briefed, and Cata will join him as soon as we're done here."

"Vico..." Shiloh groaned the blackguard's name.

"Ah, you've met him?" Alfons asked and watched as a scowl crossed her face.

"Yes, unfortunately, I have," she retorted and muttered something incoherent under her breath. How she hated that man!

Alfons cocked an eyebrow at her. "He's really good. One of our best."

Shiloh scoffed as she turned her scornful eyes upon him. "He's an asshole."

Alfons cleared his throat. "What you say?"

Her glaring eyes met his. "I said he's an asshole. I hate that no-good son of a bitch."

Alfons stared at her, disbelieving the words that came out of her mouth. He shook his head. "Yeah, well, I don't care what you think of him. My problem is that the whole operation will take a lot of time to be properly executed. I'll have to delay other things that were due this week. Cat was supposed to do a burglary job tonight which we'll have to postpone now. And this might upset some of our friends. Worse, it might make other people believe we're getting weak."

"Maybe I could help out."

"You?" Alfons roared with laughter.

"Hey now! I have learned a thing or two and anyway, what's lost if I try?"

"This is not one of your little games. If you screw up and get caught, you will die."

Shiloh gave him a serious look, tapping her foot on the floor. "I want to try anyway. I'm tired of stupid tests and scrubbing pots. Furthermore, if I really screw up I deserve death. But I won't screw up."

He stroked his chin and studied her for a couple of moments. "Nathan will have my hide if something happens to you."

"I won't let anybody catch me," Shiloh persuaded him.

"Alright, talk to Cat for the details."

Shiloh turned to Cata and smiled. Cata gave her a hard look and sneered at her. "Listen, little girl, if you want to play cute, go wiggle your ass at Vico."

Shiloh huffed at her. "Just tell me what the details are," she demanded.

"There's a wizard living on the Isle of Men. He owns the great tower. It's full of traps and other nasty things. The wizard's away for a couple days. Your job is to break into the tower. May want to pick up a rope for this job. See Dalino for that. Anyway, once you're inside the tower, find the bedroom. The wizard's got an old clock on his desk beside his bed. Exchange that clock for this one here, and hit the road. And do not get caught." Cata handed her the clock and a haversack to carry it in and waved her on.

Shiloh made a face at her and turned away, muttering to herself. She examined the clock as she walked away. Gee, this thing was already ancient one hundred years ago. She placed the clock inside the haversack and left the room. She shook her head. These people were not nice and that damned Vico was the worst of them. She never wanted to see that scoundrel again. She left Alfons' office and passed by Tarleth, putting the haversack on her back beneath her cloak. She headed into the main room of the hideout, and noticed two people sitting at a table playing a game with dice. It looked interesting, but she really wasn't sure how the game was played.

Then Vico stepped into her path. "If it isn't my little birdie. Nice to see you've finally found the way in," he grinned at her.

She turned an icy glare upon him. "I'm NOT your little birdie, asshole."

Vico chuckled at her. "I've missed you too. Think I could get a smoochie?"

She growled and pulled her short sword from its sheath at her waist. Her eyes never left his.

"Easy, girl. Relax. I don't want to hurt you."

"Just like when we met, right? Or all the others times you've put your filthy hands on me?" Shiloh growled and clutched her weapon. She could not say what he might be thinking. His eyes were cold, making her feel uncomfortable. She remembered those eyes too well, staring down at her when he... She pushed that thought out of her mind. She didn't want to think about that awful night. "I swear one day I will make you pay for what you've done to me."

It happened so quickly. She never even saw him move but suddenly she felt a sharp pain on her cheek. Then he waved his knife before her face, the blade covered with her blood. She gasped, quaking with fear. Her whole face paled.

"Silly girl! If you want revenge, don't announce it to the world. I could kill you on the spot. And I would if I considered you a threat," he growled at her menacingly.

Shiloh gave him a hateful glare. Gods, he made her so angry! Yet she couldn't deny the overwhelming pull he had on her. Deep down a part of her wanted him like none other. More so than Caron or even Rhys. She lowered her eyes and tried to regain control of her rampant desires. She smiled as a thought entered her mind. If you can't beat them, join them. She looked back up at him with a smile on her face. Then she leaned in towards him and planted a quick kiss on his cheek. She could tell that he was completely taken aback by her actions. He touched his cheek where she kissed him, staring at her as she smiled at him sweetly. "Nathan likes you, did you know that?" Vico asked, grinning evilly.

She nodded her head as she stepped closer to him.

"Guess he likes having a Royal in the gang. But don't let it go to your little head. The whore houses were full of cunts like you before the Dhorn came."

"Do you have to talk like that?"

He ignored her, goading her further. "You probably remind him of his daughter. Or maybe he just likes your ass."

"But it's a really cute piece of ass. Even you can't deny that, Vico. After all, you're the one who's put so much energy into beating it and warning Caron off. Makes me wonder what it is to you what I do? What do you care who I fuck?"

He rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders. "How about you show me you are more than a pair of cute eyes and tits."

"Why don't you go fuck yourself? Or better yet, Trissa."

He scoffed at her, ignoring her comment about Trissa. "I'm being serious, birdie. I've got a task for you."

"Oh really? What does big bad Vico wish of me? Do you want me to show you my ass again so you can put your hands on it?"

"If I wanted your ass, I'd take it. Listen to me. There's a renegade rogue running loose, overstepping his boundaries. His name's Rick. Got a little gang of cutthroats gathered around him and now takes money from the citizens for passing through 'his' territory north of the harbor. He's bribed a few Dhorn to look the other way, which in itself shows he's kind of talented. However, we cannot have him drag our name through the dirt. I want him dead."

Shiloh shivered as she recalled her altercation with Rick Cars. "I have met that Rick Cars. He stole some money from me," she hung her head and studied her feet as the tears welled in her eyes. She didn't want Vico to see it, though. She knew he'd think she was just a weak little girl.

"Then you should be careful around him, birdie. He will most likely not only rob you again, but rape you as well. I have warned you," he lifted her chin and looked into her eyes.

"I'm not your little toy you can order around at your leisure!"

"If you have your doubts about this job go and see him. But like I told you, be careful. He's like twenty times stronger than you, not to mention his gang guarding him all the time."

"And how am I supposed to kill him if he's so strong? And why do I have to do your dirty work? Why can't you kill him if you want him dead so badly?"

"I have my reasons. The punk is beneath me. Listen to me closely. You can sneak into his little house and cut his throat while he's asleep. Or you can also let him fuck you on the pavement until he dies from exhaustion. I don't care, as long as he dies. Come back to me when you've got something to report."

She nodded at him and sank her hands into his tunic. She grabbed whole bunches of the fabric and pushed him against the wall with all the strength she could muster. He gave her an expectant look and grabbed her ass. She released the hold she had on his shirt and slid her arms upwards to cup his face. Pressing herself against him, she kissed his lips possessively before she pulled away, flashing him a satisfied smile.

"Mmmm....," she purred as she moved away from him. "Delicious."

She turned away from him and headed toward the door. Vico followed close behind her and cornered her on the stairs. "Look here, little cunt. I don't know who you think you're messin' with, but I am not someone you can play games with."

He lifted her skirt, exposing her bare bottom beneath, and delved his fingers into her wetness. She squirmed as she felt him penetrate her roughly. He pulled them back and brought his fingers to his lips, licking them clean. Shiloh groaned at the sight. Spinning her around, he pushed her face first into the wall and pressed himself against her ass. She groaned as she could feel the heat of his swelling cock through the fabric of his pants. She whimpered and bucked her hips. "Please," she muttered back to him, her voice taking on an almost begging tone.

Vico chuckled low in his throat and plunged his fingers back into her steamy snatch. She moaned and shuddered against him. In order to silence her, he covered her mouth with his free hand and used his body to keep her flush against the wall. He withdrew as quickly as he had entered her. Shiloh squirmed in protest. Then her breathing quickened as his fingers parted her downy curls and sank into a moist velvety heat once more. He teased her, grinding the heat of his hardness into the fleshy mounds of her bottom. She whimpered against his hand and rocked her hips. She gasped as two of his fingers surged inside her. He then pressed the pad of his thumb against the small, firm bud of her clitoris. Shiloh whimpered as the delightful pleasure built up. She groaned against his hand before wholly giving in to the splendid sensations that threatened to erupt from deep inside her nether core. He plunged two fingers inside her, hooking them against her front walls where he sought and found her magic sweet spot. Shiloh yelped as quietly as she could possibly manage before exploding magnificently around him. She soaked him thoroughly, her musky scent filling his nostrils. He pulled his hand away from her mouth, allowing a pleasured moan to slip from her lips.

"More, I want more," Shiloh begged, writhing blissfully in the sweet pleasure he bestowed upon her sensitive clit. She bucked her hips against his hand. He chuckled again. It sounded almost animalistic and feral. She looked over her shoulder at him. He nipped her ear and brought his free hand down on her bare bottom, delivering a stinging slap. She hissed low in her throat. Turning around to face him, she gripped the laces on his pants and deftly began to undo them.

"Come," he coaxed and led her to the bottom of the stairs. He reached behind a torch sconce and pulled a lever which caused one of the wall panels to open. She gasped in wonder as it blended so perfectly with the stone walls. He shoved her through it and closed the panel behind them.

She looked around in amazement at the large spacious room before her. It looked like someone's living room. A cheery fireplace flanked one wall with two leather chairs sitting in front of it. She noticed bookshelves, a large couch, and what looked like an altar also in the room. He marched her across the room and into a good sized bedroom.

"Is this where you live?" Shiloh asked, noting his familiarity with it.

He shoved her to the bed, ignoring her question. It took mere moments for him to divest himself of his tunic and pants. Grabbing her by the hair, he dragged her face to his crotch. Shiloh took the hint and grasped his cock with both her hands. She pulled away for a moment and looked him straight in the eyes.

Shiloh bent her head forward so that her mouth was inches from Vico's ear. A wave of longing hit her hard; she forced it back and whispered, "Why do you want me?"

A shudder wracked her body as her breath brushed his ear and neck. She was holding on by a thread, and she knew it. Damn it! She didn't know exactly when her plan had gone wrong, but she no longer cared.

Vico turned his head and looked into Shiloh's eyes, inches away. The heat in her deep blue gaze was blinding. The rich, musky scent of female wafted from Shiloh's body and teased his nose.

Shiloh swallowed thickly; she was powerless to resist Vico. Even if she ended up just another notch on his bedpost, there was no turning back. She wanted this. Desperately. She knew she should hate him more than anything, but she could not deny the magnetic pull he had on her.

12