Deidre's Faerie Tale Ch. 09

Story Info
They go all the way.
4.5k words
4.79
25.1k
16
Story does not have any tags

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/05/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LaLaLady
LaLaLady
860 Followers

Trilla blinked. The slow, deliberate movement conveyed the fact that she was running low on patience. I've never seen Trilla do anything slowly. Everything about her was quick. Her speech, her walk, sometimes I swear I can hear the beeps and whirs of Trilla's brain launching into overdrive.

Tolem and I were standing in front of her desk. When we walked in, she was taking a sip of tea, with a thick stack of papers in her free hand and a red pen stuck into the bun atop her head. She had looked up at us, smiled, put down the steaming mug, freed the pen and jotted something on the papers.

"Your highness," she said as she stood. "You're in my office earlier than usual."

I glanced between her and Tolem, but he remained still and silent. He'd been that way all morning and I was ready to slap him in the back of the head. Regardless, I was the one that had to broach the subject of the relationship Tolem and I shared.

"I was wondering," I said after I'd finished a bumbling explanation of how I'd gone from absolutely hating him to wanting him so bad I could taste it, "how soon a wedding could be arranged."

That's when Trilla stared at me for a solid two minutes. She hadn't spoken since her greeting and I was getting worried.

"My queen," she said finally, "a royal marrying a normal is not done."

I found it funny that anyone without noble blood was referred to as "a normal." We were all elves after all; "normal" was stretching it. "Trilla, if you're referring to Article 182, paragraph 48, you are talking about the antiquated law that forced my father to leave my mother and eventually marry Lady Ilyn, even though he wasn't in love with her. It would be in your best interest not to bring that up. It's kind of a sore subject."

"I understand," Trilla said with a nod, "much is involved in changing the 'antiquated law' and a suitor is en route even as we speak."

"Suitor?" I repeated my voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes."

"I hope you mean someone from the House of Chanel coming here to make pants suits."

"No." Trilla had the good grace to look regretful.

"Suitor, like looking to marry me...that kinda suitor?!"

"Yes."

"Drop the one word answers and tell me how to get rid of him so I can marry Tolem."

"Well, Trilla said as a wry grin spread across her face. "Prince Irial Force from the Green Isle arrives in four days."

"The Green Isle?" I asked.

Trilla sighed. "Ireland."

"Why didn't you just say that?"

"As you wish; Prince Irial Force from Ireland will arrive in four days. He comes under the pretense of attending the Royal Dinner, but in actuality, his intentions are to ask for your hand. His family is quite firm in maintaining the old ways. His father is distressed by the fact that you're half human but if a match is not made with you, the prince will have to search for a mate in the White North or the Far East."

"So I'm the only unattached royal in Europe?"

"Yes," Trilla said with a sharp nod. "There is a princess in Sweden, but her marriage has already been arranged."

"I just love being a last resort. It's so romantic." I rolled my eyes. "Get to the getting rid of him part!"

"Champion for change. Object with tradition and challenge his politics." Trilla shrugged one shoulder and smiled as if to say, simple as that.

"Can't I just tell him I'm not interested?"

"Our law states..."

I held up a hand. "If I hear those words come outta your mouth one more damn time!" I huffed.

"Trilla," Tolem said behind me.

I clenched my jaw. Look who decided to contribute!

"The parliament could be persuaded to convene on this matter."

Trilla looked worried for around three seconds. A vertical line formed between her black eyebrows. "They will not be happy to have to return so soon."

I clenched my fist in my lap. The way this conversation was going, I had no chance in hell of getting laid.

Trilla sighed. "I will make the appropriate calls. However, they may have to be invited to the Royal Dinner for all the trouble."

"That'll be fine," I muttered. "Thank you for your help." I stood, my knees a bit wobbly at the weight of Trilla's immediate rebuff.

"I'll do my best, my queen." Trilla said this to my back because I was already out the door with Tolem behind me.

***

The next day, after breakfast, I found Lady Ilyn and Ella in the back garden. The back garden was a sculpted, colorful array of flowers, trees, shrubs, and ponds. The living area was cobbled with gray stones, as well as a path that weaved around the yard, through the trees, and back to the castle. When I stepped outside, Lady Ilyn was sitting in a chair swing, her bare toes propelling her backwards and forwards. Ella was wandering around a thickly planted area, small scissors in her hands as she cut flowers and put the in a basket. In that moment I was thankful she hadn't inherited my allergies and hay fever. She wouldn't paint the pretty picture she did if her nose was red and her eyes were watering. As it was, she wore a cobalt blue dress that reached her ankles, her feet were bare, but she did have on a crisp white apron over the dress. Her curls were pulled back into a sturdy French braid and her pale cheeks were flush from the sun.

"Mommy!" Ella squealed when she saw me. She bent down to put the scissors in the basket and ran toward me.

I bent over and collected her into a long hug. "What's on the calendar today?" I asked.

"Trilla wants me to meet the candidates for my security detail," Ella sighed. "She interviews all of them today."

"Fun," I said. "What are all these flowers about?"

"I want new flowers for the vase in my room."

I nodded. "Okay, but make sure you leave some flowers for the Royal Dinner on Friday."

"I will, mommy." Ella extricated herself from my arms and got back to the business of flower-picking.

I didn't notice Lady Ilyn had left her seat until I straightened and saw her gliding over to us. She also wore a blue dress, but it was barely so, in the right light I would have sworn it was white.

"My queen," she said smiling at me when she got within speaking distance. "I understand that you are concerned with implementing a policy change."

My eyes must have been big as saucers when I said, "What makes you think...how'd you know...I mean..."

Lady Ilyn just smiled. "I noticed this morning at breakfast that you were a bit stiff...and Tolem was more so than usual. I just assumed that the two of you were finally going to bring your...situation...into the light and do something about it. When you insisted on seeing Trilla after taking two bites of your rice porridge, I assumed the meeting was more urgent than a review of your schedule."

I blushed. "You mean..."

Lady Ilyn nodded. "Ella and I have had quite a few conversations and her opinions of you and Tolem seem to be more fact than fantasy. Also, the two of you share the occasional affectionate glance when you think no one is paying attention."

Tolem shifted behind me. Just that slight movement proved that he was uncomfortable.

"Okay," I breathed; momentarily dazed by the revelation that my step-mother and daughter were aware in whatever small manner of my feelings for Tolem.

"My point, your highness, is to say that I hope the policy will be amended to your benefit. You deserve a loving marriage...the real kind."

I smiled. "Thank you. Will you be available to watch Eastenders this evening?"

Lady Ilyn laughed lightly. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. Your commentary is the best part of the show."

"See you tonight," I muttered, turning on a heel and almost running into Trilla.

I swallowed the urge to screech in surprise. "You snuck up on me, Trilla."

Trilla muttered an apology, but she wasn't looking at me. She was flipping through the calendar. The calendar was actually a leather-bound book, the size of an atlas. There were many things to do in a day and it was all annotated in the calendar. The pages snapped; she was flipping so fast. "I just spoke with your mother and she gave me some distressing news."

My stomach dropped to my feet. "What news?"

"She's taking it upon herself to fly in this week."

"Oh." I wasn't exactly able to pinpoint the distressing part of that statement.

Trilla stopped flipping and looked at me. "It's good news, to be sure. The conflict comes in the schedule. Initially, I was going to fly to the U.S. next week and act as her escort. Her early arrival will put her here during the Royal Dinner and now with Parliament invited, the castle will be in quite a state. The entire thing may be a bit...much for a human visitor." She started flipping again. "Now I'll have to quickly arrange another security elf and make sure all the delegates are made aware that a human will be present."

I laughed out loud. Trilla looked up from her calendar again. She didn't find it funny that she was going to have more things to do and not much time in which to do it.

"I'm sorry; I was just thinking that the perfect person to state our case," I glanced back at Tolem, still silent as the grave, "to Parliament is my mother."

Trilla smiled and closed the calendar with a whump. "You're quite right, my queen."

I nodded. "When I speak to my mother tonight, I'll be sure to tell her that she will be expected to speak in front of Parliament about letting me marry exactly who I want instead of some pompous Irish prince that thinks he's better than me!"

"Very good," Trilla said with a deep breath. "I have calls of my own to make in the meantime."

She bobbed a curtsy and headed back inside.

***

That evening, I was in bed with Ella sleeping deeply beside me. She had climbed into bed with me to take her turn speaking to her grandmother.

After I hung up, we both pulled out our books and spent a good while reading before Ella fell asleep. I took the book, a Judy Blume novel I'd read myself when I was a few years older than Ella, stuck the bookmark in and put it on my nightstand.

I recognized Tolem's knock and called for him to enter. He walked into the room and smiled at Ella.

"You've been quiet lately," I snapped, shutting my book and placing it on top of Ella's.

"I'm new at this," he sighed, sinking onto the bed. "I've never wanted to be with anyone...I mean, just the idea of being married was..."

I sighed. "Maybe we shouldn't even think about marriage right now. We haven't even..."

"Do you need the physical connection before you can commit yourself to me?"

I wanted to say no. I wanted to tell him that he was perfect and I was sure he'd be just the same in the sack, but I couldn't. What if we didn't fit sexually? Then again, the last man that had fit sexually had fit me with a baby and ran like hell.

Tolem shook his head at my silence. "One time," he surrendered.

The shock must have registered on my face.

"Really?"

"Yes, tomorrow night. Give the upstairs help the night off so we won't be overheard."

I lifted a brow. "It's like that?"

He smiled. "It's like that."

"I'll be the judge of that."

"You do that...tomorrow. I'm taking the princess to bed."

I watched him gather Ella into his arms and exit the room.

I didn't even bother picking up my book again. I just turned off my lamp and settled in to sleep. My mother was leaving Georgia the next day. She'd arrive on Thursday, have a day to recover and then she'd have to attend the dinner on Friday evening. I was worried about her traveling such a substantial distance alone.

Even worse, prince Irial Force was arriving first thing in the morning and I had to be nice to him, even though the only reason he was coming was to size me up for marriage. And why wouldn't he want me?! The most important thing a king needs is an heir and I had child-bearing hips...and I'd already made a child! I wondered what he looked like, I hoped he was ugly, that would be the best excuse. I'd have no qualms about saying, "I cannot marry you Prince Irial; your appearance offends me greatly!"

I fell asleep with my thoughts and worries unanswered and swirling in my head.

***

The next morning I drug my feet once out of bed. I was not ready to face the prince. For once Tolem didn't hurry me along. I dressed slowly, picking out a plain white t-shirt and a pair of well-pressed khaki trousers. I pulled a brush through my hair, settling with pulling it back into a simple ponytail and put on my favorite flip flops. I looked very plain, and very unroyal.

Everyone stood when I entered the dining room and my heart sank. There were two new male faces in the room and neither one of them offended me greatly...not even a little bit. The prince rose from his chair with fluid grace. His hair was even longer than Tolem's, but black as pitch. It looked soft and had an unbelievable shine. It flowed around his narrow face as if he was being followed by a gentle breeze. His eyes were rich brown; his skin was pale as moonlight and his lips were generous and a pale pink. His ears stuck out from the sheet of his hair, and they were pierced with diamond studs. When I entered, his dark eyebrows raised a millimeter. I didn't want to think about why. Whether he was impressed, surprised, or disappointed in my appearance, didn't matter. I was just annoyed that he was so damned handsome...his chin was strong and his cheekbones could cut glass. He put me in the mind of Johnny Depp. I pushed that thought aside. That kind of thinking wouldn't help me figure out a way to get rid of him.

Behind him, his security detail eyed me warily. Irial must have been an important somebody, or someone thought he was...he had two...count 'em two...security elves behind him. One woman and one man both stared me down.

The woman was tall, of course, she was a head taller than me with long chestnut brown hair tied back. The thick braid almost reached her, impossibly high behind. She had narrow grey eyes, a slender, oval face, and a permanent frown. The man looked like a male version of her, except taller, with broader shoulders and his brown hair was short, but shaggy. They both wore dark blue tunics and neatly pressed beige pants.

I attempted to smile at my guests but failed. "Good morning," I said as politely as I could.

Lady Ilyn smiled and bid me the same. Ella repeated the greeting. She was eyeing Prince Irial with disdain. The prince was the last to reclaim his seat. "G'mornin', your highness," he said with a thick Irish brogue. Damn him, that voice was sexy. I concentrated fully on eating my toast and tomatoes and drinking two cups of tea.

"I appreciate your graciousness, your highness," Prince Irial said once I'd finished eating. "I did not wish to impose when I scheduled my travels."

"Its fine," I said with a weak smile. "I hope the guest wing is to your liking." I was proud of myself; that sounded like something Lady Ilyn would say. I glanced at her and she beamed at me.

The rest of the morning went by in a blur. Trilla was uncharacteristically distracted, but I chose not to bring it up since I was also off my game. I wish I could say my mind was occupied with thoughts of the dinner or Parliament's visit, or my mother being in midair, but I wasn't. All I could think about was finally getting some, that evening.

"Trilla, please make sure the upstairs help is off this evening."

She glowered at me. "I can't do that. Prince Irial may need something in the middle of the night and if we're unstaffed, he'll think we're..."

"Ill prepared," Tolem finished.

I sighed. "Okay, that's fine." I tried to sound like I meant it.

***

I thought I was dreaming when I woke up and saw my mother's face smiling at me. I hugged her as hard as I could without breaking her. She looked just the same as when I'd left her months ago and she certainly didn't look like she'd just stepped off a long flight.

"Oh, mama, I need your help," I said when I finally managed to make myself let her go.

"I know this thing with Parliament is important and I will gladly speak to them on your behalf. Did he really propose?"

"No," I muttered pulling the sheet closer around me. "He has this sense of propriety and he thinks he's not in a position to make me a serious offer."

"Why don't you tell me all about him and why you want to marry him."

I decided not to start with the fact that I was aching to jump Tolem's bones, one in particular.

"He's powerful and he's honest. Tolem has this way of making me feel like I'm the most important person in the world, and not just because his job is keeping me safe. It's more like his life is keeping me safe. He's helped acclimate me to this being queen of the elves thing by accepting nothing but the best from me. He adores Ella and I get the feeling that he wants to be her father just as much as he wants to be my husband."

"Do you have any reservations about the fact that he'll be a king if he marries you, and if he doesn't, he'll just be workin' for the queen?"

"Not at all, mama. He knew who I was before I did and he's always been so real."

My mother's hand drifted over my hair, smoothing my bed head. "Oh honey, you are so in love. I think these elf men have something extra...something that makes us lose all our senses."

I smiled. "Maybe we're the ones that have that extra something."

My mother laughed. "Maybe your right. Lets take this down to brass tacks, okay? I trust your judgment. I've known for a long time that you have a special sense about things that I don't. If you think he's worthy of you, I'm willing to bet he is."

I frowned. "If I have such a great sense of people how did I end up with Jordan?"

"You were young and ignored your instincts because you wanted him to love you. It all turned out just fine since we got Ella outta the deal."

I smiled. "I love you so much, mama."

"I love you too. Now, get outta bed. I hear there's some kinda party happening tomorrow night and we've gotta get ready."

***

Tolem was at the bottom of the staircase when we went down for breakfast.

"It's awful quiet," I muttered once my mother and I had settled at the table.

"Prince Irial has gone to surveille your kingdom. Lady Ilyn has taken Ella to play with Nissa. Trilla is in a meeting with Neele to sign the appropriate contracts."

I'd met Neele the evening before when Trilla and I had done his third and final interview. Neele wasn't as tall as Tolem, he wasn't as wide as Baer, he wasn't as stoic as the security detail that accompanied Prince Irial. His background check was flawless. His training was impressive. He was lean, but athletic, a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and trained at the most prestigious Sword Academy in Great Britain. He'd also managed to squeeze in a degree in Sports Medicine from University. He was younger than Trilla preferred, he'd just passed his twenty-ninth birthday. Trilla grilled him about his experience, but this would not be his first charge. He'd spent the past two years in France as protection for a prince that had just been sent to an extremely private academy with built in security.

Neele had curly mouse brown hair and a crooked smile. His skin was golden brown because his parents were of Brazilian descent. He had an easy way about him that I felt would go well with Ella's personality and age. When Ella had met him the day before; she warmed easily to him and he didn't seem bothered by the questions she fired at him in rapid succession.

"When will our guests arrive?" I asked watching Miri serve us French toast.

"All through this afternoon," Tolem answered.

"The receiving room is set up for you and Ella to receive them."

"Well," said my mother. "I'm stuffed."

I looked at her still full plate.

"I believe I'll ask the gentleman that drove me here from the airport for a tour of the village." She stood swiftly and walked toward the door. "Y'all have fun."

My fork fell out of my hand and landed with a clatter on the plate. Miri hurried in from the kitchen. "Is everything well, your highness?"

LaLaLady
LaLaLady
860 Followers
12