Morning with Meliha

Poem Info
37 words
4.75
2k
0
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vrosej10
vrosej10
33 Followers

Like fair honey,
From the feathered hair in her groin,
To the curve of her hip,
Where it crashes into her waist,
Under crumpled sheets she slumbers,
Snoring slightly in dawn's ashes—
I just smile.

vrosej10
vrosej10
33 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
3 Comments
CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaover 13 years ago
Charming, "ashes" and all!

I was just going to say, before I read the comment below, that "dawn's ashes" gave just the right provocative touch of something suggestively in opposition to the bright, natural imagery before it.

Honey, feathers, curves, waves-- these are all things with very positive, vernal, life-affirming connotations. So I think that "dawn's ashes" gives just that little *kick* of something bitter-- maybe a bit of whimsical world-weariness, or early morning ennui, perhaps-- to balance out the register in what is, obviously, a very smiling, satisfied moment for the speaker. And "ashes of dawn" would sound too portentous, too orotund for the occasion. I think "dawn's ashes" is just the right needed touch, imho!

And justifiably so: "I just smile" wraps it up delightfully.

twelveoonetwelveooneover 13 years ago
*

Under crumpled sheets she slumbers,

Snoring slightly in dawn's ashes—

The inverted syntax in the line "under..." is highly justified, "She slumbers under crumpled sheets' while more correct, well that just lumbers along doesn't it? Good call. In the next line I want to hear "in the ash of dawn"

Just musing a bit about " dawn's ashes". I am helped by the fact it wasn't "Dawn's ashes", and I didn't have to look for an urn. Now do you really think you deserve 100 for what looks like a mental lapse. You got it, but if there is a reason, I'd love to hear it.

SweetOblivionSweetOblivionover 13 years ago
Lovely

What a lovely way to encapsulate a moment. Gorgeous. M

Share this Poem