Might Be Mesuline

Poem Info
54 words
5
2.3k
1
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vrosej10
vrosej10
33 Followers

Might Be Mesuline
amongst the nets and winches
                                                              whorey bearded fishermen
                                           and Christmas bauble floats
caught in the net, not a corpse but smiling
a siren in shades of the sea
                                            with gill slits
                                                                such a shock beneath breasts
and she sings!
sings!
till the fishermen explode from their own needy heat

vrosej10
vrosej10
33 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
4 Comments
LadyGenevieveLadyGenevieveover 13 years ago

Intriguing and alluring, your work is amazing.

twelveoonetwelveooneover 13 years ago
*

100, pleads mouse trouble, lost first comment. Question of the formatting

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerover 13 years ago

I liked this poem very much. It took me in many directions, including Google like chipbutty. I always like legend as metaphor, and provided a poem is written well enough to intrigue my curiosity like this one did, there’s no reason why a reader shouldn’t toggle over to Google or Wikipedia. Then the fun begins. Re-read the poem, re-read the article, re-read the poem, play with the possibilities, but the poem itself has to initiate that for me. This one did that superbly.

Mermaids and sailors; there’s always a sexual overtone to that . (Hope they didn’t explode with each other. LOL) “Whorey bearded,” however, didn’t work for me. Maybe it’s a guy thing; don’t know for sure.

buttersbuttersover 13 years ago
ah, i had to go google!

really enjoyed the conjuring up of this creature caught in nets but still singing.. almost a who's trapped whom situation and her effect on the 'whorey bearded fishermen' *nods*

i'm not sure the layout adds anything, though, V... has it come out as it meant to?