Interaction, storm and pine

Poem Info
62 words
4.55
2k
0
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Maria2394
Maria2394
22 Followers

For months there was shade
then lightning struck the pine
outside our bedroom window.

Since the storm
it has existed, exposing
scars branded onto its body.

Yesterday the tree was felled
by men with chainsaws and heavy boots.
The sparkleberry also fell; victim

to logistics in the felling of the pine
and the shade was sucked screaming
into the steamy ground.

Maria2394
Maria2394
22 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
11 Comments
TsothaTsothaalmost 10 years ago

For me it all hinges on the last two lines, and what powerful image you conjure there. A shade sucked screaming? It's the last thing to go, long after the pieces of plant-body are taken away: the memory of a shade on your window. Screaming, because it's missed. It's the specter of a tree, of something that was once there.

"Sucked" into steamy ground, the ground now heats. The shadow dissolving into it, remaining a moment longer than the tree. Makes me think of an horror movie. Not sure why.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Oh my goodness...

But I can’t help myself.

At the risk of being tarred and feathered and rode out of town… I couldn’t keep this poem from reminding me of ‘killing two birds with one stone’… or of ‘’lightning striking twice’ (directly, then indirectly).

And then the loss of both trees must certainly be enough to cause one to ‘Pine’ for both of them.

Sorry, too many metaphors in my coffee this morning, I suppose…

But, one heck of a poem. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jes_da_man

Esperanza_HidalgoEsperanza_Hidalgoabout 13 years ago
pine

I hate nature's destruction of nature--and man's ruddy interference. Okay, but the poem--just the right amount of words to convey meaning. Reads great to my espie ears.

vrosej10vrosej10about 13 years ago
~

Wow. I would not change a thing! I wrote a poem with a similar theme a while back called Requiem for the Green (before I was a better poet). This got me in the guts. Getting a recommend. Wish I could give it six!

PaashaPaashaabout 13 years ago
I have an affinity for this poem.

I enjoy all things nature though I have a special kinship with trees. The fall of the tree and the good shade it provided is really a loss. Que sera, sera even with the Mother. Well done.

Show More
Share this Poem