only beginnings

Poem Info
23 words
4.8
1.9k
1
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

if you believe in me, as much
as i believe in you, there is no end reserved

for us, only
- beginnings

Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
5 Comments
live4passionlive4passionalmost 13 years agoAuthor
thoughtful

Thank you for comment lorencino.

your choice of words strikes me. i don't put a lot of "thought" into my poetry, it has a way of writing itself and then even i get to accept the result. this one does seem to have a rather precise meaning, limited, as you point out.

i guess the seed here is the play on tensions between ends and beginnings with regards to preserving wonder in a relationship.

The thought you put into your comment, and considering the poem, is really appreciated.

lorencinolorencinoalmost 13 years ago
~~

On the suggestion to drop the last two lines:

The two resulting versions of this poem are quite distinct in their effect on me but I fear the deeper effect is, in fact, from the truncated version for it leaves me free to wander far beyond the restrictions imposed by the last two lines.

However, if your intention is to say precisely what the full poem says to me, so be it. I can accept that.

GuiltyPleasureGuiltyPleasurealmost 13 years ago
Voted....

....w/o comment.

Tess

live4passionlive4passionalmost 13 years agoAuthor
a Hallmark moment?

lol sometimes simple, is just..

simple

No excuses for that.

And thank you 1201 for your other comments. I did see them.

twelveoonetwelveoonealmost 13 years ago
First

thank you for the comment, I did respond and vote on one, two of yours.

"there is no end reserved" is of interest, however the rest looks like it should be on a card.

adding I did not vote here.