She Needs The Man In Me

Story Info
Wife shares husband with not yet famous best friend
1.8k words
3.53
42.5k
4
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chatbug
chatbug
464 Followers

This story does not contain any graphic sex. It could have easily fit in the Romantic and Loving Wives categories, but since I wrote this as a Celebrities story, I put it in the Celebrities category.

I’m not sure why I’m publishing this account. I have a wonderful life and my wife, Helen, is the best woman a man could have. We’ve been very happy together, and she’s tolerated my faults for a long time. I guess it’s because I still can’t believe what happened to us, and to her.

I first met Helen when she was working at the local grocery. She was an eighteen year old cashier, and I was twenty-one and just getting started in my career as a computer analyst / programmer. It was 1983, and the Internet was still an academic network. I worked on what were then called client / server systems. Personal computers had just become popular in businesses, and my job was making them work with the large computer systems that already existed.

After buying several hundred dollars of groceries, I finally got up the nerve to speak to Helen. We flirted in the grocery store a few times before I got the nerve up to ask her out. We found out we enjoyed a lot of the same things. We went on walks in the woods, to the movies, and out to eat. Sometimes when we were out we would run into one of Helen’s high school friends. I met her best friend, Eileen, in the movie theater line. Eileen and Helen spent a lot of time together in high school, but hadn’t seen each other much after graduation. Eileen told us she was singing in local clubs, and after that, whenever we could, we’d go and hear her sing. Eileen and Helen exchanged numbers, and kept in touch.

Helen and I dated for a little over three years before I got down on my knee and proposed to her. She said yes, and Eileen was Helen’s maid of honor. Helen looked beautiful in her white wedding dress, and I looked pretty sharp in my navy blue suit. I don’t remember much about the wedding except that Helen and I were very happy.

I couldn’t afford a honeymoon, so I took a few days off of work to stay home. Helen made me a very happy man, and I really didn’t want to go back to work. She found lots of ways to surprise me. I didn’t know what to expect when I got home. She prepared many different dinners and planned lots of bedroom fun. We were very happy until we heard that Eileen’s parents died in an auto accident.

Our lives changed with the news. Helen helped Eileen get through the funeral, and with her grieving. I wish I could say I understood, but the truth was I was mad at Helen for spending so much time with Eileen. Helen had spoiled me, and I’m ashamed to say I reacted like a spoiled brat. I know now that the family and lots of friends jumped in to help Eileen, but at the time, it seemed like Helen was doing all the helping. Eileen worked hard the next few years raising her half-brothers and sister. Helen helped where and when she could.

I focused my energy on my career. After a few years of hard work and luck, I was moderately successful. I decided it would be fun to take some time off, and have the nice honeymoon we couldn’t afford. I still remember how Helen squealed with joy when we first talked about getting away. I left it to her to decide where she wanted to go. I came home from work one Friday to a grinning Helen.

Helen kissed me as I came in the door. “How was your day, sweetie?”

I gave Helen a big hug. “Great darling. How was your day?”

Helen led me into the dining room. Dinner was on the table. “Pretty good. I decided where I’d like to go for our honeymoon.”

We sat down at the table. “Where?”

Helen passed the mashed potatoes. “Niagara Falls.”

I smiled. “That’s definitely a honeymoon destination. Not too far away either.”

We ate our dinner. Helen broke the silence. “Honey, can I ask you a big favor?”

“Sure, sweetie, what is it?”

Helen turned her face away from me. “Could we bring Eileen on our honeymoon?”

I sat there, stunned. Why in the world would Helen want to bring her friend on our honeymoon? I could feel the anger rising in me. I was about to yell something I would have regretted when I saw the sad expression on her face. I counted to fifty and calmed myself down.

“It’s important to you that Eileen come with us, isn’t it?”

Helen looked at me with tears in her eyes. “Yes honey, it is. The poor woman’s been working so hard to keep her family going. While I was telling her what we’d planned, I could see by the expression on her face that she’d love to take a vacation like that.” She smiled at me. “It would make me very happy if we could take her with us.”

I got up and cleared the dishes from the table. “Eileen’s not going to mind being a third wheel?”

Helen cleared the bowls and platter and followed me into the kitchen. “She’s not going to spend all her time with us, silly.”

I splashed some water on Helen’s face as I rinsed the dishes. “Ok, Eileen can come with us.”

Helen gave me a big hug. “You won’t regret this, sweetie.”

I let Helen make all the arrangements. The weeks to our honeymoon trip passed quickly. We drove down to Niagara Falls. The trunk was filled to overflowing with our luggage. Helen and Eileen sat in the back and talked while I drove.

I was impressed when we drove up to the hotel. Helen had picked out a nice quiet hotel away from the falls. We unloaded our luggage and went to our rooms. We got cleaned up and went to dinner. It pleased me to listen to Helen and Eileen talk. It’d been a while since I’d seen Helen so happy. Eileen seemed happy to be with us. We went back to our rooms after dinner, and Helen made sure I fell asleep very happy.

Eileen borrowed our car to sightsee while Helen and I went to the falls in the hotel van. We had a very romantic day together, and I was a little surprised at how glad I was to see Eileen at dinner. Helen and I listened while Eileen told us about all the things she’d seen. It was easy to see how excited she was, and I was proud of Helen for inviting her along.

Later that evening, Helen and I were lying in bed. The falls had tired us out, and we were cuddling.

Helen rested her head on my chest. “Honey, did you enjoy the falls?”

I ran my hand through her hair. “Yes sweetie, I had a great time.”

“Eileen was so happy today. Thanks darling for inviting her to come with us.”

“You’re welcome sweetie.”

“Honey, can I ask you another favor?”

“Sure sweetie, what is it?”

Helen rubbed my stomach with her fingertips. “Could Eileen come to bed with us later tonight?”

I reached down and smacked Helen’s bottom. “Who’s idea was this?”

“Eileen’s”

“You’re alright with this?”

Helen grinned and looked at me. “Eileen and I used to share things all the time in school.” She slid up and kissed me. “I told her she could borrow you as long as she remembered you were mine.”

I grinned at Helen and closed my eyes. Eileen was an attractive woman, and my wife was giving me the chance to be with her. “If you insist, sweetie. I don’t want to disappoint Eileen.”

Helen sat up on the bed and smacked my thigh. “I didn’t think you’d have a problem.”

Helen got up and put on a robe. After she closed the door I closed my eyes and thought about how much fun a threesome would be. I was thankful that I had such an open-minded wife and friend. I opened my eyes when I heard the door open again. Helen and Eileen walked over and sat down on the bed. Eileen looked very appealing wearing just a robe.

I sat up and moved to pull Eileen close to me. I looked into her face and saw emptiness in her eyes. I stopped. I wondered what she was thinking. Just moments ago I anticipated how nice it would be to have her, but not like this. I sat back and pulled the sheet over my legs. We sat there silent for a little while.

I turned to Eileen. “Are you having a good time?”

Helen slapped my leg hard with her palm. “What a stupid thing to say!”

Eileen laughed, and broke the tension. Eileen told us about her plans to move to Nashville and get her singing career started. Helen encouraged her to stick with her dreams. We talked and laughed for a long time.

Eileen slid over to me, gave me a hug, and kissed me. “Thanks for being such a sport. Your wife has helped me so much these last few years. She’s encouraged me and helped me keep my dreams alive.”

I hugged Eileen under her robe. “You’re welcome.”

Eileen kissed me again. “Thanks for inviting me on your honeymoon. Helen told me all about the dinner where she asked you.” Helen and Eileen laughed. “You’re a real man to support your wife like that.”

My face reddened. “Thank you.”

Eileen kissed me with passion. “Thank you so much for being the man I needed tonight. You have no idea how much you’ve helped me.”

We embraced for a while. “You’re welcome Eileen. Good luck with your career.”

Eileen grinned, got up from the bed, and left. I looked over at Helen. She was crying.

I pulled Helen close to me while she sobbed. I wondered what I’d done to make her so unhappy. Sure, that last kiss was passionate, but she was the one that brought Eileen into our bedroom. I held her while she cried.

Helen stopped crying and looked up at me. “That was the nicest thing I’d ever seen you do for anyone, darling. Eileen was willing to have sex with you. She would have done nearly anything you wanted, just to thank you for the vacation.”

I hugged Helen. “Believe me, I wanted to. It just didn’t feel right. I don’t think she really wanted to. I couldn’t take advantage of your friend Eileen like that.”

Helen hugged me back. “You’re the best husband a woman could have.”

“You’re the best wife a man could have.”

We kissed, cuddled, and made love for the rest of the night. We fell asleep in each other’s arms.

The rest of the honeymoon was fun and exciting. We heard from Eileen a few months later when she moved to Nashville and changed her name to Shania. Helen was so happy when Eileen called to tell her she was engaged to Mutt. Helen still tells me that they’re very happy together. I can believe it whenever I see Eileen perform on television.

chatbug
chatbug
464 Followers