All Comments on 'Editing the Fancy Foop'

by HansTrimble

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Yep, I was wondering about that too.

I wonder if I did anything like that it my few adventures in editing?

Excellent bit of humour. Just what we need after getting out of bed!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Oh, Yeah!

Exactly why I don't use editors. I blame the mindless drivel of hollywood and television for so many people lacking in vocabulary and reading comprehension.

If I want to twist my writing into punny gibberish, sew bee hit!

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowover 9 years ago
Never Assume ... You Know the Rest.

Very funny.

Don't use this as a way to blast editors in general, though.

Because:

1. The most common and uncorrected errors in Lit stories are basic grammar and syntax errors clearly made by the writer, not misunderstandings between writer and editor.

And ...

2. Most editors are going to ask you what you meant in a passage they don't understand before sending it off as a submission themselves. I'd never even consider doing that. The author should ALWAYS have final approval.

Still, a terrific example of a literary comedy of errors.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Hmmm...

Interesting tale. I'd like to be able to read the tale that was written in this quick satire. Then I would be able to tell if it was funny.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Swell foop! Bravo! Guess editing can be like a game of ‘Telephone’, to bring up another anachronism.

I didn’t solicit the help of an editor for my sole submission, maybe I’m happier having few readers and low score for a somewhat sucky story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHansTrimble@HansTrimble
113 Followers
I'm an engineer, widowed, retired from the aircraft industry and loving every minute of my retirement! It's great being able to do what I want, when I want, the way I want. I've found it very relaxing to sit at the keyboard at night, when everything is quiet, and write wha...