All Comments on 'DOA'

by GetToIt

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Uh...

This reminds me of many of the late night soft-core movies on Showtime and Cinemax where the woman always seemed to outsmart the men and gets what she thinks she deserves. The titillation from the sex scenes did not make up for the plot twist at the end when the men got humiliated and lost out on everything. So, I did not find this story to be humorous in the least, I'm sorry to say. Ironic, maybe, since the wife got what she deserved; but the man got screwed over, too, even though he was the one who the whole book was about. I'm just glad the story was short since it was a total waste of my time.

Roger

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So let me see if I got this right...

Some guy has something remarkable happen to him and some publisher somewhere says that they will make him a work for hire deal for two million bucks... and then without a contract (but with a dollar amount) they supply him a ghost writer who isn't a writer but a contacts lawyer, right? And this contracts lawyer hired by the publisher to write the book is also negotiating the contract for the book with the publisher?

How many kinds of dumb is this story again?

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHO GOT WHO 1ST

the winner is always the last getter. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

Wait a minute. This was funny?

no rating

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago

Old saying, read the fine print before signing anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Even a blind man could have read the part about where the money goes.

All he had to do was have Megan arrested for fraud and she's toast before she even gets onto the airplane. And you don't think that the publisher reviewed the contract before signing and would have said something to him? This was just stupid.

jasjonjasjonalmost 9 years ago
1

Weak. Weak. Weak.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
Fine twist.

Good writing.

Just not a fan of stories

containing only selfish bastards.

They're not really worth anyones time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous