All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 34'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Epic!

So much here: the death of Ajax at last (he really wasn't around as much as I thought he'd be), a new goddess creature, the new gypsy House.

Going to have to read this one a couple of times to properly assimilate it, but good work once again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Just damn. All this stuff is happening. Can't even process. You're amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
F#$% YESS

i love it. Cael hitting on females of god like proportions. just needed aya in this to make it complete.wonder if she considers Cael's future children as siblings.

Nex2Nex2over 9 years ago

Great chapter as always.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Thank you !

Like always a great story !

retread2retread2over 9 years ago
Homerun!

Thank you very much for sharing your talent!

Please do publish in ebook formats when finished.

Now I have to start counting the hours and minutes until Ch. 35.

Soon Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
EPIC

Man I was on edge on majority of this all... thank you and I can't wait till chapter 35.

pravzypravzyover 9 years ago
Awesome

One more goddess in the round. This story keeps getting morre interesting after each chapter..

illjoyilljoyover 9 years ago
WOW. . . . .

One of, if not the best, chapter yet. Keep it up

ushergalushergalover 9 years ago
cliffhangers ! !

Cliffhangers suck. As soon as the last word are read, you immediately want the next installment

joejacksjoejacksover 9 years ago
Addictive

There aught to be a health warning to this story,beware this is addictive

When it's later than usual to post a new chapter I find myself checking several times a day to see if it's been updated,

keep up the good work and I hope it does not finish for a good while to come

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This whole series is a masterpiece!

Masterpiece!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Checked the ratings

on all the chapters of this story, there are a couple at 4.90, and I expect this one to go higher.

djexempt77djexempt77over 9 years ago
Love it

Is there somewhere I can download every chapter from this story as a PDF file or something? It gets hard to re-read chapters when you're somewhere with crappy internet service.

PaksdmPaksdmover 9 years ago
totally agree...

with joejacks...this story is insanely addictive - 'nuff said!

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 9 years ago
Outstanding!

Thank you, for both your epic adventure and your ever increasing skill and style. I am enjoying this wild ride!.

Hammer25Hammer25over 9 years ago
Can never get enough.

Title says it all.

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 9 years ago
What happens when a whirling dervish meets Taz, the Tasmanian Devil ( a friend of Whakko, Yakko, and Dot)?

I am uncertain of the exact topography, but the outlines strongly resemble your story to date. Everything seems random, but it follows an obvious (to someone other than myself) plan, and proceeds at its own inexorable pace.

What's not to love?

Mike

illjoyilljoyover 9 years ago
PDF,Mobi, Epub etc

would love to have this story on dl so's i dont have to be connected to the internet to read it

FirstJayFirstJayover 9 years ago
Keeps improving

Lord help you hang on to this muse until we can read about Pamela playing with the next generation of her family's babies lol. Thanks AND Cheers Mate!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Your Good!

This one had me sitting on the edge! I'm late for work because I had to read all 6 pages in one sitting! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sublime

'Nuff said. Thank you for a hell of a roller coaster ride with this chapter. :-)

~rewski84

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 9 years ago
Another Great one

You are the BEST writer on this site as far as I am concerned..... WAY TO GO!!!! thank you for taking the time to add another chapter to this great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
awesome!!

Another awesome chapter!! I love this series!! Please keep this one going forever!!

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 9 years ago

This is getting better and better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Iyrcae or Bolu?

Can you clarify?

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Iyrcae or Bolu

Long Answer: I often use multiple designations for a person - in this case a personal name and a proper, OKH name as it would be written in the Roles of Members of the Host. Iyrcea was his 'proper' name, while 'Bolu' was his 'given' name. As an example, there are no Hittite word for 'Buffy', 'Desiree', or 'Cael'. Vranus was the 'given' name of Cael's ancestor, not his OKH name (which I haven't created yet - I have to research this stuff from on-line Hittite sources). In life, Iyrcea would have answered to Bolu. In death, he would have been remembered as Iyrcea. Why would Shawnee refer to the Cael being of the line of Vranus to the Council? Because, officially, Vranus never died. Neither did Bolu. They all know that Vranus and Bolu are dead, but record keeping is record keeping and their deaths, like the Deaths of all of the Ash Men, were never written down. Krasimira would refer to Cael as Vranus' line because Cael was standing right there. It would have been an insult at that moment to automatically infer his ancestor was dead. She referred (off-screen) to Bolu as Iyrcea when taking to Cael about the issue because she considered Bolu (and maybe his line) to have died out and Cael was not of Iyrcea's line (no insult). The artifact Shawnee showed Cael at the Council meeting was created shortly after the Second Betrayal when it was assumed all five men/boys were still alive ~ again with the given name, not the proper name.

Short Answer: I screwed up. I couldn't find the 'Iyrcea' reference so I made up another name. The above information on naming is true, just never revealed before. Pamela and Katrina are 'given' names. Walking around the outside world with five and six syllable names would be suspicious. It should be noted that 'Runners' do not have OKH names as they are not on the Role of the Host. Buffy, Helena and the others will be assigned OKH names.

AmmononAmmononover 9 years ago
Great chapter.

FS,

I guess that the dragon ladies are in for a somewhat rude awakening in the next chapter. SzélAnya does not recognise them. So who could they be? Cael will need to keep an eye on them. If they havent done something while Cael was saving the day. Again. Rachel will end up with ulcers. Buffy will blame her, you know it. Rikki is going to figure out a way to find out if Caels hype is a myth. Thank you for Ch. 34 but we need answers. Come on Ch.35!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 stars

If you keep them coming, I will keep enjoying them. Thanks for your time and effort.

Over_RedOver_Redover 9 years ago
Suddenly, Dragons

Definitely a stand-out chapter. The battle scene was a little hard to picture, but it was a lot of fun. Ajax was an interesting character; sad to see him go!

shyqashshyqashover 9 years ago
Ch35 Spoiler

There will be tears and sadness on Ch35.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 35 has been submitted (December 19th, 2014)

Sorry it took so long this time. My editors and gang got me Chapter 35 two days ago and it took me a while to get off my ass, do the final edit and submit it. I've been dealing with some stuff. I've kept working away at the story. Chapter 36 is up to 6,362 and growing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great as always

Great as always. Once again, I urge you to consider turning this into a TV series.

zorbvenkyzorbvenkyalmost 9 years ago
good one but read my comment and reply to beldinaldur at gmail

1. a good general plans strategics but a great general plans logistics.

2. good research done there I admire it. But you need to go into slavic heritage and the migration with evolution of sanskrit language that formed the basis for most of the european and other lingos.

3. There are a few original written languages and their scripts. That would provide an insight to the development of human culture. Off hand i can tell you the Runes, Sanskrit, Tamil and many of those bastardized scripts. Itsvery intersting to see what history says and what happened!

RedRheaRedRheaover 8 years ago

That moment when you're enjoying a good story and then you remember all good stories have to come to an end.

( ͡°﹏ ͡°)

Inevitable_Inevitable_about 7 years ago

absolutely fantastic battle scene

Virgo6Virgo6about 4 years ago
This chapter

Made me think of “Red Star Rising “. In my opinion ,Tom Clancy’s, best book. There was so much going on , spread over a wide theater. Nice work!

FinalStandFinalStandabout 4 years agoAuthor
Virgo6

Thank you very, very much! Clancy is one of my favorite authors and if I even held up a literary candle to his brilliance ... it makes me feel good.

Again, thank you and take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great fiction

Reminds me more of Harold Coyle’s Team Yankee rather than Tom Clancy’s book..

but not by much. Loved the chapter, well done!

charlie48charlie48over 3 years ago

James

Yes this is a superb story, with very strong links to Tom Clancy and a lot of ancient research. I look forward to the next new female characters as Cael demonstrates a degree of the best of literotica sexual prowess.

Thanks for this two days so far and shoulder cramps (due to page turning).

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

I was going to wait till I finished the series to comment but, wow,just wow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you.

I almost understood this chapter. A question. Do you have a master plan for this or are you making it up as fast as you make up your professions.

FinalStandFinalStandover 3 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

... it is a bit of both. Part of it I make up as I go along and part of its is some Master Plan I occasionally deviate from. It is my writing style and something I've become comfortable with as the 'Master Plan' bit comes from feedback from so many of the readers here. For instance, I knew there was going to be a showdown with Ajax, but it ended up in Romania because of two readers who suggested it to me - one being a Romanian ex-SF guy whose input I really appreciated, and the other being a long time supporter who has has about as much input into this story's direction as myself (ty FF).

I wish I could tell you I follow some well thought out Grand Plan, but I don't. I still hope it has been an interesting journey.

Take care and thank you for your feedback,

James aka FinalStand

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

Fu k you. He facing some crazy ghost thing and gives up all thought of it because odette wants to kiss. In what world would he even turn away from the monster? You have a hell of an imagination but some real actions make it smoother.

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

The ghost thing that just doesn’t matter any more because odette wants a fucking kiss and he just has be nice and give her whatever the fuck she wants is so much damn bullshit I can’t fucking stand it. You have points in the story where I’ve thought why or this is getting boring. You haven’t had anything that pisses me off but that does it. This ghost deal is in the room with them but let’s forget about it. Even though it spies let’s just worry about teen being idiot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

2reader, would you stop being an asshole about your personal nitpicking, it’s a story (and a bloody great one at that), you didn’t put in the effort to write it, proof read it or anything like that. If you have criticism’s at least have the decency to be polite about it.

-Minti

WillmottWillmottalmost 2 years ago

2reader is a rotten count.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5283 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES