All Comments on 'A Strange Arrangement Ch. 10'

by nageren

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I'm enjoying this, thank you. But a little apprehensive about how it is going to end. There are two obvious endings... And I know which one I would prefer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This. Definitely this...

is one of the best reads in here

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Masterpiece

One of the best erotic stories I've read in a while. Can't wait to know what will happen to Gina, Andrew and Penny. Best of luck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice

I am really liking this story. As everyone else I am hopping for a real "happy ending".

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Ok you are entitled to the cliff hanger but......Penny better be out of the picture and not holed up in that institution, or Andrew just went from "Mr.Sensitivity" to "Mr.....well you know (and it isn't complimentary )

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Woah, that backstory with gareth, woah :))))

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you for your commitment to this series and a constant release schedule. The site is littered with starts to a promising series only to never be completed or interrupted by breaks spanning weeks, months and sometimes years.

So thanks.

P.S. I've been on this site since I was a teenager (I'm 30 now) and this is easily one of the best series I've ever read.

madamnykkimadamnykkiover 9 years ago

Wow can't wait for the next chapter

MadzillahMadzillahover 9 years ago
Oops

I commented incorrectly on the last chapter! The Love scene is here. Best piece of writing on this site....(yes, a talking scene!!) and pretty profound. So well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story. But your ideology is showing, and disappointing.

"Humans have usually held the more sensible notion that we belong to the people around us, and they belong to us." Ah yes, It Takes A Village. Community. Which shares its roots with Communism. No, not the Russian, Chinese, fake communism, but the Marxist/Leninist ideal communism. Everybody owns everything, and no one owns anything. A virtuous and enchanting ideal. Requiring perfect people acting in perfect harmony. And like all aspirations for perfection, doomed to failure in an imperfect world. But this is fiction.

I appreciate your aspirations, but history shows you are wrong. Human organization almost always drifts toward authoritarianism, seeking an equally idealistic and impossible goal, the Benevolent dictator. What people seek first is not community, but escape from personal responsibility. In community they can hide, or at least obfuscate, their indolence or inadequacies: It's never my failure, its Our failure.

This is not a criticism. I agree that for a successful marriage commitment is the primary requirement. Love may ebb and flow, but commitment, and the personal responsibility that commitment requires, keeps the marriage intact. Adultery, cruelty, betrayal, are not failures of love, but of commitment.

Enough said, almost. This is a great thought provoking story. Thank you for the time, talent, and imagination it has taken to create it.

nagerennagerenabout 9 years agoAuthor

Sorry anonymous, you read me wrong. I spent 12 years in a communist system and I agree with you that it is an enchanting but thoroughly unrealistic ideal. Humans don't work that way. Yes, it takes a village, but the village doesn't get absolute control.

What I'm saying (excuse me, what Dottie is saying...) is that, until recently- specifically in the post-Enlightenment West- there has been a greater sense that our lives are inextricably bound up with the lives of the people around us. We need them, they need us, and not just as means to our own personal ends.

The pursuit of personal pleasure to the disregard of the wisdom and consideration of the people around us has usually been seen as an unhealthy aberration, rather than an ideal. There is much to be commended in the "American Dream," but the rugged individualism that perverts the idea of the "pursuit of happiness" has twisted my culture's view of the role of an individual in relation to the people around him, and thus distorted our whole idea of what a person is.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
true love is around the corner here

It would seem perfectly normal to me that after the loss of Noel that Penny had a major breakdown and had to placed in the mental institute. It is not obvious to me why that would make him heartless. I guess my sensitivity is different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Humans have usually held the more sensible notion that we belong to the people around us, and they belong to us

Reminds me of A Brave New World. In another note, her snooping irks me. So disrespectful. And I'm nervous as to how Andrew would react once he found out.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 6 years ago
Constantly being surprised at the stories on Lit...

I find your story intriguing; especially the way you've written the behavior of the two main characters and their evolving relationship. I'm not certain what we'll see at the end, but I hope it'll be happiness for Gina and Andrew. Commitment, once offered and reciprocated, usually means a sacrifice: anything hindering, anything that might defile, that commitment, must be removed from one's life. They'll both have some hard decisions ahead, if ever they decide to become one.

What surprised me though, is the even-handed way in which you present your ideology, or philosophy, on marriage. You've not succumbed to the dogma espoused by the histrionic "elite"; that one gender and race is responsible for all the world's ills. Your thoughts on marriage (expressed through Dottie) are thought provoking and logical. People need to start thinking of marriage as more verb than noun. This story is much deeper than one expects to find on this site, and thankfully so. Well done! 5 stars.

raedevilraedevilalmost 5 years ago
Every once in a while, there's gem to be found...

in literotica. And yours, especially this chapter is one of the rarest, prettiest gem. Who would have thought that an erotic story can have so much deeper meanings and things to learn from. And the plot and storytelling is absolutely great. I really can't wait to finish the series

Oh, and it's a 5 star rate from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have been hooked on this series. So emotional and sexy. 5*****

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

Holding my breath, this could go so wrong.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernageren@nageren
1070 Followers
I try to write realistically- describing believable people in plausible situations. None of the characters is "me," but many of them represent aspects of my personality and history. My hope is that, as you get to know my characters, you will find yourself thinking-...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES