All Comments on 'Write Incest like a Mother Fucker'

by lovecraft68

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 9 years ago
Someone just try to stop me following your excellent work.

Been a fan for quite a while now, and you're talking better things in the future.

I'm definitely excited.

Hopefully this article will help me get my ideas into some sort of order.

Thanks LC. Till next year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Informative and fun

I enjoyed this immensely. There is a lot of good information here, but the delivery of said info was even better. It was, as you said, more of an easy going conversation with the reader than a true essay and I liked the style.

Your humor comes through loud and clear like it does in some of your stories.

Good job and congratulations on number one hundred.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What are you doing?

Your stories are unreadable but this pile of words takes opacity to a new new level of meaning. Are you conducting some kind of celebrity campaign? Extolling readers to declare you the Brightest Star in all literotica?

floaturboatfloaturboatover 9 years ago
great insights!

I enjoyed this essay. I appreciate your insights. So as not to be one of the gushing "you're so great fans" I will offer a counter point. I think it is Ok for a fictional incestuous couples to explore and focus on other fetishes and kinks. After all they have already busted through the envelope and who better to trust than one's own blood. Sure the writer may lose some readers or not get as many 'hits'. The author should still be able to write from the heart and parts below passionately. Great authors should push envelopes and break rules. Thank you again and I am still your fan and you are an inspiration to my mind, heart and parts below.

txcoatl1970txcoatl1970over 9 years ago
LC lays it down for us

This is your Danse Macabre. I really enjoy your laying out the technique and tropes you work with.

I'm a massive sucker for m/s incest romances b/c that storyline speaks to a rather deep longing for a better emotional connection with my mom. IRL I wasn't sexually attracted to her but emotionally entangled, hoo boy, long grim story for another time.

FWIW I agree about 99% with your thoughts on what works why.

The buildup and need to at least address the guilt and internal sorting out process before the "bow chicka bow wow" ensues are emotionally critical for me to dig the realtionship described as a real love thing, not just a depraved whim.

Depraved whim incest stories strike me as boring, abhorrent, or risibly bad .

I'm NOT a fan of once the taboo's busted, everyone fucks everyone with the whole BDSM toybox, so definitely with you focusing on the relationship between the happy couple. It doesn't have to be vanilla sex, but commend your recognizing we want fluffy, fun, lovemaking.

In the end, it's about two people showing each other and celebrating how special and beloved they are to each other that makes me vote 5* and gets me to my happy place emotionally and sexually.

My only cavil is that while I see tonnes of m/s stories celebrating the lust, guilty acknowledgement, seduction, the first fuck, and the honeymoon period, barely give a paragraph epilogue of their lives together afterward.

Stevie 3624 and a few other Lit authors have expanded on that better and I must commend your own efforts with that.

I can understand writng about how the couple handles bummers at work, bills, daycare, or the prosaic complications of daily life don't give you, the author, a boner to write about.

However, it inspires me to think the happy couple can make a go of it DESPITE all the usual frustrations as well as the special challenges of their taboo relationship.

.

SWIM21SWIM21over 9 years ago
I've got a question

When you're in the middle of writing one of your mom/son incest stories, how to do you actually keep yourself from thinking about your real mom? I don't have any problem with that while I'm reading those kinds of incest stories, but when I try to write one, something just feels so wrong about it and I get all creeped out even though I'm not at all writing about my own actual mother, nor have I ever had any of those kinds of thoughts about her. I just find the idea of it overwhelmingly sexy.

I also see what you're saying about the darker fantasies begin less popular. I never really worried about the incest category's negative connotations, though. It's kind of like the Loving Wives category - people either love it or hate it, so there's no real point in trying to defend it. Still, I actually prefer a bit of drama in the mix. Your story, Mama's Boy, is one of my favorites that you've written. What I really like, though, is where a mother does something that jeopardizes her son's love for her and she has to beg for his forgiveness. It's a rarely used mechanism, probably because the only people who get off on it have cold, neglectful, or bitchy mothers like mine used to be (which is probably why I feel so guilty for writing about those kind of characters now). Still, I wish more incest stories would involve the resolution of anger, resentment, disappointment, and/or jealousy as a central tension in the plotline. Those kind of stories are far more dynamic and interesting, even if they aren't as sexy to some people.

Rawmaster50Rawmaster50over 9 years ago
5 stars

Thank you for the advice and filling in the story building process for your stories. It made me aware of many of the problems I had with stories which I wrote, but never submitted. I now realize those stories were lacking in certain areas and that is why I left them where they still lay, in the recycle bin.

My characters also end up having different behavior or backgrounds that I had planned for them. What does one do with naughty characters that have their own story to tell?

Once again, thank you

legerdemerlegerdemerover 9 years ago
Perfect title

Disclaimer: I have a love/hate relationship with incest stories, as they are dangerously close to my squick border. Because of that, the backstory is really important to me. I appreciated your analysis and the humorous, tongue-in-cheek tone - didn't take itself too seriously, in a deconstructionist way. (Wearer of boots and fishnets.)

LoveLiterotica71LoveLiterotica71over 9 years ago
Thank You For Writing This

I just started writing erotic literature this summer and incest is my category of choice. Just started another story and put out part 1. It's getting good reviews and favorites, etc; but one comment made me really pause. I have been trying to improve my writing as I feel I'm too repetitive with certain words (need to improve my synonym vocabulary). In any case, a commenter pointed out a few things they thought would help me in my writing and that (repetitive words) was something they pointed out. I appreciated the feedback as I'm trying to become a better writer. Thus why I searched and found your article. I do some of what you said, and need to incorporate other stuff. You have a well written piece. Thanks for sharing it with novice writers like myself.

Areala-chanAreala-chanover 9 years ago
THANK YOU!

I took many of your suggestions to heart when writing my first story for this category earlier this month, and judging by the comments I'm getting, I made a darn good decision doing so. Thank you for guiding a newbie through this uncharted territory. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Response to your How To.

Hey I love your stuff. But I would like to address something that you mentioned. You said that most incestuous encounters were molestation and abusive. While indeed it is true that such things do occur, I would like to point out that there are plenty of people in healthy, loving, consensual, incestuous relationships. You would be suprised at how common it is. Whether its experimentation and exploration, familial lust, or deep devoted love. You should check out this website and look at their interviews and articles. Tell me what you think. http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just thinking

I have read some of your stories ( I started reading them after I finished SWB ) but have not seen the great sense of humor I see in this essay. I was just thinking you might want to try one in the Humor section. No, I'm not being a wise guy, I'm serious.

Anyway, thanks for presenting your thoughts on the subject in an entertaining manner.

JessiWilskeJessiWilskeover 9 years ago
Rare and difficult analysis

Complex explanation

Appreciable intellectual effort

Intelligent

Missing only some reference to the time sequence of events, some about the logical construction

I know about you only -----Ashley's Special Gift ----- VERY GOOD

The name of another similar story ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very good... but...

A good piece like this should not leave out Spelling & grammar. (Even if only spending a single sentence on it) Because errors like these throw me out of my suspension of disbelief.

Furthermore I was reflecting a bit over lines like these...

- "How's mommy look sucking your cock?"

- "Oh, look at you, licking your mother's pussy."

...and how I felt they have brought many otherwise good stories to mere mediocrity.

I know this is a personal opinion that may not be shared by all... perhaps I have a unique-esque thing for "reluctance" stories... Perhaps it's something more to it...

I feel that when characters have reached such a stage of mental acceptance over the taboo they are committing, that they can utter such a self-reflective statement, the conflict (and thus the story) is over. Which _may_ (again, personal opinion) be fine at the final scene of a story or just before all hell breaks loose and something happens that shatters the premises built up by the story in preparation of chapter #2.

In any event, a writer might do well to consider the option of riding the indecision and denial of the characters, right into the proverbial wall.

Anyhow... thank you for your "how to"... :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love Your Incest Stories

I am a huge fan of your work and am grateful for your tips on writing in the genre. I have never had a thought about my mother or any family member for that matter, but do find the subject fascinating and quite enjoyable to read, and you are one of the best. Please continue your fine writing and I will continue reading it. Some of the narrow minded have uninformed opinions about the subject, but consensual incest is not abuse and only adults can consent.

Carnal_FlowerCarnal_Flowerabout 9 years ago
Great Essay

Really liked this LC

I've been hoping someone would write an essay just like this for a while. Really well done and fills a niche.

If I had to say anything about Incest, it's to mean it. Sincerity is the key, which you rightly point out. Half-assed or cynical striving for votes does not cut it.

Words of wisdom from one of lit's best incest writers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Oh Jesus Christ... Why Did I Click On This Category?

You are more or less teaching other people how to be mediocre writers. Your style is extremely crass, creepy and juvenile. You just wrote a two page instruction telling other people how to write bad dialogue based off a poor premise.

Whenever I run into authors who have popularity based on quantity, and not quality it always bugs me. You more so than anyone because in a category like incest where ninety five percent of the authors are awful... you're like the best of the worst, and you actually believe that you're good. You believe it so much you're giving tips. For the love of God... Stop.

lazyhornylazyhornyabout 9 years ago
sad endings to incest tagged romance

when i reached the end of the chain of stories called brook i think it was i wanted to punch the author for daring to tag it with romance and or love or what not, in my opinion they shouldn't be allowed to tag stuff like that if either one or both of the couple dies like in (!!!Spoilers!!!) tangled and brook here on this site. especially when you have used those along with romcom movies to distract yourself from something really painful mentally and everything is sunshine and nice weather then suddenly at the end bam boom chop off the head cinda thing

geronimo_applebygeronimo_applebyabout 9 years ago
Coffee spew

the laptop nearly ended up like a pornstar's face when i read the lines about 'hop on, baby.'

good job, LC. a lot of what works in there.

i see good old anon had had a stab at you, above.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lovely Ego Piece

I rather agree with anon, rather than the "real" writers, since I'm quite convinced you've only written one decent story in your life. Of course, that won't stop you.

Black_and_White_WriterBlack_and_White_Writeralmost 9 years ago
Bravo! ☺️

What a brilliant little article to help someone through the pitfalls of writing, informative, generous and very helpful. Thank you.

I always appreciate feedback on the sites I publish on and do understand they have a worldwide reach.

I must admit I never read the anonymous comments except for a quick chuckle. I've always avoided feeding the trolls. I look forward to your new postings and must confess you were the first author I read here from date you posted the stories order.

It's a lovely way to see the growth of the author and his maturing skills.

ikswakuikswakuover 8 years ago
very well written bro

awesome guidance

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not even close

Incest isn't even 3rd on Lit favorites. And this little treatise won't help any. Just plain ludicrous.

mark23669mark23669over 8 years ago
Graphic descriptions of the characters

One aspect I believe adds significantly to a story is a very graphic description of the character's physique, adding aspects through out each encounter. Such things as "Watching mom's torpedo tits swing under her t-shirt", "Noticing mom's puffy nipples", "Her meaty pussy lips hanging down as she bent over", "Seeing my son's cock curving upwards with it's huge bulbous head that flared out", etc. Being able to visualize the characters is a great turn on, especially in those stories with substance leading up to "crossing the line". When writing, I usually pic a porn photo from the internet and attach it to each character so I can refer back to it when adding more titillating descriptors as the story unfolds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good ideas

Most of my cowritten works add pregnancy at some point as the ultimate culmination of iciest love affairs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Ideas

Thanks for your insights into how you write! A lot of great ideas to use myself to make more than just a stroke story with "mom" and "sis" added in.

BenderOvererBenderOvereralmost 8 years ago
Experience

Experience, even if its "pseudo", is a good place to start at least for me. Adds that element of realism that makes writing as well as reading such stories so much fun. Keep up the great work!

ChloeTzangChloeTzangover 7 years ago
Thanks for that

Writing my very first incest story and that was so informative and helpful. Thankyou for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Guide

Thank you for your ideas on writing. I'll take it all on board, trying to get started so now your guide will give me the enthusiasm.

Now I also like the Grandmother/Grandson stories but you never write about them, any reason why. Could you give any guidance please. From experience I can say how gratifying it is.

REgards

Alex BelligAlex Belligover 7 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for the excellent article and I read most of your stories and loved them.

One thing I don't agree with you is that all of the incest stories are fake, well not all...and you know what I mean ;)

Your stories are very well written and deserve to become books, however for sites like this they seem to be too long :(

Talking for myself, I prefer to read short and concise stories (that are well written like yours') that get to the point quickly and end quickly for a specific topic, so I can move to another story with a different tag line. If it drags too long then, for me, it defeats the purpose of being a sex story and I feel like I am missing out on reading other stories.

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 7 years ago
One more piece of advice...

If your goal is increased views, votes and comments, one piece of advice I don't see in your essay is "Write more stories". Once your first story has scrolled off of the pages for "New Stories" or "New in Incest" (both of which happen pretty quickly, faster than some other genres, for sure), you either need to have made one of the Top Lists or appear in a Random list for people to see your story exists, unless they're searching for your keywords. But if you write a NEW story that readers like, that will attract some readers to your profile to see "What else has he written?" Your view/vote/comments counts for all of your stories will go up during this period, so try to have something new up every week or two, whether standalone or another chapter in a series (which can bring almost as many new views to Ch. 01 as to the new chapter, although the new chapter might score fewer views than a standalone).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
fine article

very fine article by the author ... and important to note it's not everybody's kink but that everyone has kinks ... a mother is naturally the first female that males (sons) are attracted to so the incest stories are playing off of that first 'love' ... an insightful article especially for authors

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice work.

You did an excellent job in writhing this guide. To say it as plainly as I can, “I think 98% of people in no way truly desire to have sex with Mother, Sister, Brother, Father.” I was NEVER sexually attracted to my mother or sister, nor would I EVER had sex with them. So, why do I become so thrilled about reading such stories? To me, sex is 95% in the head…big head. I might be a little different then most men because the right words can, and do, arouse me faster than ANYTHING. I guess what I am trying to say is, “Incest stories are the ultimate roaring pool of desire that can take the mind to a place it will never go. And, feel things the mind will never possess.

Thank you.

rondell347rondell347almost 7 years ago
Mom/mother titles

What a wonderful article, with sections explaining to a moderate depth the layout of this genre.

It has always struck me as to the limits of the english language, no more so than as you say the inclusiveTitle of "Mom", "Mother"

No other language has managed to inserted a decent (!) formable replacement !, so we are left with same tired defaults, which in trying to attracting attention rises like a old tired whore.

Your pardon, but I shake my head to human limitations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Im a middle aged married (2nd) woman and mother of two kids, in their early 20’s. Like most people, of course I don’t condone nor practice incest, but in my quiet times I enjoy reading incestuous stories, however my kinks don’t stop at what I call “Vanilla Incest”, my kinks go deeper. Im not into ageplay at all, BIG TURN OFF. I enjoy bisexual incest, Dad/Son along with various other combinations of sex play. I have fantasized about my various family members. I had onced mentioned to my first husband that I sometimes fantasized about fucking his dad. It only being a fantasy and pillow talk, little did he know, I did sleep with his dad for a few days while my husband was away on business. To this day my ex still doesn’t know. I also enjoy male/male sex, I find it very erotic and primal. I seems so manly.

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
Surprised

I would not have thought that Incest would be as popular as indicated.

Not having sisters and strictly heterosexual I never fantasized about a family member.

The closest I've come to an incest fantasy has been a step-sister scenario.

I find it interesting that these stories avoid the obvious issues of incest e.g. genetic problems with offspring, legal issues, family ostracism, etc. If cheating within a married couple can cause overwhelming heartache, how much more would be involved with the discovery of a mother/son, father/daughter, relationship?

I just can't bring myself to be excited by this genre. To each his own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loetjc, you are right, it's not that popular. Lovecrap68 just wants it to be...

...that would help justify the sick obsession with it. This author's bio indicates he/she isn't posting here because it's free. I suspect it's because he/she is tired of the deserved criticism that is posted here and often deleted. The never ending sick desire to hump his mom just gushes from the sick twisted writings without end. I am sure having fellow sociopath's pay for this crap lets he/she feel better about their illness without actually dealing with it. Good riddance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I Think Well Explained 5*

It's obvious to me that the October and November commenters don't understand or are repulsed by the genre. The commenters of August and July do as do I. I was attracted by my younger sister, but nothing ever came of it. I do find the attraction for siblings, father/daughter, or mother/son an interesting one. Father/son or mother/daughter belong in the gay/lesbian sections, not incest/taboo category.

washdog10washdog10almost 5 years ago
Now I Know

I love your mom/son incest stories and your writing, and now I know why. Your stories always have the emotional construct which leads to the physical consummation, and then the emotional component seems to continues to grow. There is no son demeaning the mom or wanting to share her with his friends or others. It is strictly mother and son, and it is kept between mother and son. No verbal abuse and no forced intimacy. There seems to be mutual love and that is what makes your stories great. The moms in your stories are usually very attractive without being beauty queens and their physical endowment does not go over the top. No 44GGG breast which I contend would not be sexy, and the sons don't have 12" dicks that are as big around as a soda can. I have read stories that have those type of dimensions to the characters and that is quite laughable. I only read mom/son stories and I can honestly say I never felt that way about my mom. Your characters seem to come to life and your sexual scenarios are realistic and fill the reader with anticipation of the acts to come. In short, I love your work.

GlenRiderGlenRiderover 4 years ago
Both new and seasoned writers can find wisdom here.

As one commenter has already stated, I wish to agree and add my two cents.

Spelling errors have caused me to close a story that, otherwise, I would have finished.

I have seen other writers state that English was not their first language. Bravo! Now I know what to expect. Perhaps if the first pages could capture me with their creative writing I would download the story into my word-processor, correct the spelling and read on.

I have a dyslectic friend whose writing drives me up a wall until I remember the spelling is part English and part phonetic. She always adds a sticky note to mention this issue for others, so readers can make the mental adjustment rather than think her illiterate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well said...

I haven't had the courage to try authoring my own story yet but your tutorial will come in handy should I make the leap. I love that you pointed out redundancy/beating a dead horse because that is my biggest pet peeve. I've been reading stories on here for 18 years and there was an author (the name escapes me) who banged the drum well beyond dry. He'd have interactions like, "put your incestuous cock in my incestuous pussy." One that really bugged me was when he wrote a story about a dad just taking his pregnant daughter at a Halloween party and the baby was her brother's. He had the daughter/sister repeat that had nauseam even saying her brother's name repeatedly. I commented, "why are you doing this? We know it's an incestuous coupling because we chose a story in that category. Why are you constantly saying the brother's name when it's her father who's fucking her? I'm sure he knows his son's name." We don't need to be beaten upside our heads with needless reminders on a 2 page stroke story. The author got mad at many (not just me) pointing out the tired repetition in his stories and left it at, "if you don't like it, don't read it." Such a bold statement from an author.lol

Again, kudos and I love your stories very much! You're not my favorite author but you're in my top 20.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nailed it

You nailed it on several levels. The most important being what readers really want. How you've grown as a writer, and the tips for enticing readers to read on are solid. Thank you. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
No Happily Ever After

You state: “End with them still wrapped in each other's embrace and promising the reader this is how they will remain”.

Unfortunately, in real life, that rarely happens because of the lying and deceit that accompanies socially taboo incest relationships. Here is a true story:

A dear friend of mine had a very close bond with his son. They enjoyed sports, hunting, fishing and camping together whenever possible. His son and mine were best buddies growing up all through high school, consequently, we were close friends with his family.

My friends job required long hours every day and several days travel every month but it payed very well providing his family a nice home and his wife did not have to work. When leaving on a trip, he would always tell his son (even from an early age) he was the head of the house and to take care of your mother while I’m away. After high school, his son lived and studied at home while attending a nearby college. With dad away a lot of the time, he was alone with mom and he gradually developed a loving sexual attraction to her. His mom’s loneliness and desire for affection led to sexual incest with her son between classes and whenever dad was away. One day his older sister came home unexpectedly from grad school and caught them together in the shower after having sex. She felt compelled to tell her dad about the incest and eventually the once close loving family imploded. My friend lost everything he had once loved!

Told that it was a one time thing that would never happen again, he tried to forgive the betrayal until he later found several photos leading to a confession that they had been enjoying sex for over a year and loved being together. He kicked his 21 year old son out of the house and refused to pay him any more support. He then divorced his devastated, heartbroken, humiliated wife. His daughter, ashamed and disgusted, stayed away at college and after graduation moved far away to avoid associating with any of them.

This post sexual bliss aspect of incest probably will never be written about because non “Happy Ever After” erotica disturbs readers resulting in low scores.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written how-to

Typo/Spelling mistake

"does she want it to?"

I think you meant "does she want it too?"

Well written piece. While I frequently skip over more than 1/2 of stories here, I read every word of this.

AmavoyeurAmavoyeurover 3 years ago
From one author to another

I also write mainly incest stories. One lesson I've learned (which you may try) is to nearly always write the story from the Point Of View of the character who has the biggest problem. Usually, this is the female who is initially shocked, cautious, reluctant to engage with her son/daughter/stepson/nephew/etc. The reader relates to her POV quicker and experiences her tension and conversion into hot taboo sex.

SimonDoomSimonDoomabout 3 years ago

I recently re-read this article. Everything in it is 100% correct. Every aspiring Incest author should read it and learn from it.

I know because I read this article before I wrote my first incest story in 2017. My own incest stories follow many of the ideas described in this article, although my incest stories tend to be a bit shorter and less complicated than Lovecraft's. But by at least trying to follow the ideas in this article, I've been very successful with my incest stories.

My series My Mom Is A Hot Mom and my one-off story Late Night On The Loveseat With Mom were written with the ideas in this article in mind. My Late Night story is closing in on 1 million views and is, right now, the 85th most favorited story at Literotica, after less than 4 years, and still rising. So my advice to anyone who happens across this article is: pay attention.

And thanks, LC, for the good advice.

Rip142Rip142about 3 years ago

This essay is spot on! I enjoy writing and have only recently started submitting stories to Literotica. I only wish I’d read this before I had started. Thanks for sharing.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtalmost 3 years ago

I wish you had gone into the issue of potential pregnancy - some stories go there with delight, others not...? I don't get what or why, but I really appreciate your explanations!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

LC, I have one major complaint about your incest stories. You don’t know and when to capitalize ‘mom’ or ‘dad.’ If the word could be replaced with a name, capitalize it. If not, don’t.

I gave it to my mom. (No name can fit here.)

His mom was beautiful. (Likewise.)

Come here, Mom. (Could put her name there.)

He gave it to Mom. (Name would fit here also.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

LC, there is one major problem with your incest stories: You do not know when to capitalize ‘mom’ and ‘dad.’

The rule is simple. If you can replace the parent’s title with a name, capitalize. If not, don’t.

Examples with a name switch: I love you, Mom. I gave it to Mom.

Examples with no name switch possible: His mom was beautiful. He gave it to his mom.

Djmac1031Djmac1031over 2 years ago

Excellent advice. I've only just begun writing my own stories, but have been reading them for years, and I agree on all your points when it comes to incest stories. I've lost count on how many stories I've bailed on that ignore your Don'ts and my favorite ones inevitably follow your Do's.

I haven't tried writing an incest story myself but I think your advice can also apply to various other styles, especially anything considered "taboo."

5 stars and followed and looking forward to exploring your stories more.

dmallorddmallordover 2 years ago

Should'a, Could'a, Would'a wanted to find this when I first found Literotica!

Damn! I broke 'all your rules' in my new noir submission 'Life Is Marked In Milestones' chapters one through three! Where in the Hell were you when I needed you holding my hand and giving me this advice? Why didn't you email me this BEFORE you let me go out and hang myself? Pardon me, that's just me talking to myself for a moment. Your stuff was terrific, is how I should have started praising you wonderfully and witty article! My narcissistic father/daughter relationship submission violated almost every single word of advice you gave: bad title, little love, forced sex, coercive actions, lack of tenderness, - just totally noir in tone, timber, and twisted ending. Is there still hope? Can I still sign up for a Literotica Writer's Anonymous group therapy session? Is there still hope in recovery for me and my story? Nearly all of my other stories are doing very well! I tremble with fright for fear of having branded myself with this last one! ;-)

My other stories kind of followed your advice - even though I didn't have your article for reference on writing in Incest and Taboo. Probably why they ranked in the 4.5 and above ranges for the most part. Definitely, I'm going to tape a copy of this over y desk as I peck away at the next one.

Thanks, dmallord

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My guess is that you have correctly described your market; however -- and respectfully -- I take issue with some characterizations.

Saying that incest is bad is, IMHO, like saying "all, and only, White people are racists."

I personally knew a man and a woman who were first cousins to each other, who were lawfully wedded, and who had together three children, all of whom were in every respect normal and slightly above-average in terms of attractiveness.

No, I was not one of their children: when I was a wee child, they lived a few houses down from me and my parents, and they became friends with my dad, and then with my mom, and then with me. Although their daughter was attractive, I was attracted (without understanding the relationship), to my own first cousins, but that is a whole other story. Anyway: sometimes, close familial breeding reinforces desirable traits.

I have also seen the flip side to that: when selling life insurance in the Mississippi Delta, my company assigned me a hot lead, and when I got there, and started actually filling out the application with the people, I discovered why they didn't seem normal: they had interbred in, as nearly as I could tell, every possible combination, for several generations, and all were living together in what was basically a one-room house.

Thankfully, I don't have either a visual or an olfactory independent recollection of the scene, but the memory of the experience is horrific: whether they had anything for each other anything more than animalistic lust, I will never know; I'm not sure any of them had raped any of the others -- and that's where Karens and pusillanimous legislators become a problem:

With the stroke of a pen, the behavior of law-abiding, productive citizens operating with the blessing of the state is transformed into a felony and equated with an atrocity; and under the principle of strict liability, even accidental offenders are by the state remanufactured and branded as child-predator felons. We had good law on the books, when we had an actual justice system; however, because we are morally lazy as a society, we traded that for bad law and a legal system: judging moral rectitude requires the exercise of conscience, which requires thinking, which is apparently more effort than most are willing to apply.

I will reserve my opinion as to whether most are competent in that regard, but because legislators in our republic are democratically elected (and we know that none of our elections have been stolen through corrupt electors, fraudulent ballots, etc), and because there has been no public outcry demanding a return to fair law, I suppose the reader will find it not too difficult to predict my opinion regarding the moral competence of the mob.

On the day of her wedding to my biological grandfather, my maternal grandmother was 13 years 2 months old, and her husband on that day was 39 years 10 months old. He was no rapist: he was simply a man in love with a beautiful young woman who was competent to decide for herself whether she wished to wed. I don't recall when they began courting, but I suspect the courtship had lasted more than a year.

I've known quite a few happily married couples in which the respective dates of birth of the partners therein were separated by more than 25 years -- and several dozens more that were separated by 18+ years; think for a moment, about what that means. Granted, few of the partners in those marriages was under 15 years of age on the date of their such wedding, but the fact that it took them that long to find the right person doesn't mean they were incompetent before that point to determine who was for them the correct person -- and, a good faith argument can be made to suggest that their such delay proves their earlier moral competence and self-restraint.

None of what I have written is to endorse the targeting of children, who I believe should be protected -- first by their respective parents or guardians, and thereafter by the persons so charged by those parents or guardians, until such time as the child demonstrates sufficiently competence in the responsible making of decisions that he or she is deemed by those parents or the state, whichever is earlier, to act with the authority and responsibility of an adult.

Just as age does not guarantee sophistication and wisdom, neither does a want of age guarantee innocence and folly.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 2 years ago

This was insightful. I never understood how my one incest story is my lowest rated - yet most highly read and most favorited. Thanks!

HookmeistrHookmeistralmost 2 years ago

I'm not one to give kudos where they aren't due or to simply agree to be nice if I don't truly agree. I will say though that this particular writing of yours absolutely nailed every aspect of the kinds of things that I like and don't like. I couldn't find a single aspect of what you said that I disagreed with. I felt like you were in my head. You are a truly talented writer and understand people in a way that many authors don't.

You brought up some other authors that I also enjoy, like Alwayswwantedtoo, TX Tall tales Paco

Fear. I haven't yet read his story Macallan Promises but I intend to do that right away. His other two stories you mentioned are a couple that I really like a lot.

I know that some may disagree with the 'incest is bad' belief and although they are entitled to their opinions, generally speaking, incest isn't a good idea. It's meant to entertain fantasies rather than reality. There are too many who have been deeply, and in many cases, irreversibly damaged due to incest. Again I say, generally speaking. There are always exceptions to the rule and even some of those may not necessarily be 'good.' Regardless, I fully agree with your sentiments where this is concerned.

Thank you LC68 for your contributions to the Lit community and I look forward to more of your works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding advice!!! Thank you!!

gregscottgregscottover 1 year ago

Thank you. I learned a few more do's and don'ts of writing and I really appreciate you sharing your writing secrets of success. Sharing them with the newbies, wannabes and couldabeens shows that you are a writer that cares about the craft and not so much about your EGO.

I just adjusted one of my stories as I had a sister kind of force her brother into intercourse, rewriting it into a more mutual decision. Charlotte the Harlot.

If you ever need Renovation advice, I'm a journeyman Carpenter of 35 years.

I got your Back.

Gregscott

jkirk47jkirk47over 1 year ago

Great Guidance!! Thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

is it wrong that I had a hard on when reading this . this is actually on par with the stories themselves

EuphonyEuphonyabout 1 year ago

This is reference material from most who want to dabble in incest. Some will grouse about the messenger or some of the messages LC has given an incredibly accurate lay of the land.

Maybe the most unsung part of the piece is how deftly he covers both the main want (romance, calling out the kink, building up, mutual respect, etc.) to the point authors who, like myself, DON'T want to write to category expectation, have so much of the "whys" laid out, we can swim merrily in the grey area fringe and not get out ass handed too us come voting time.

My only nits (and they are microscopic) are:

Ease of use: Could be improved. This is absolutely "victim of his own success" in that it covers the material better than most, it turns into the handy reference for the category and you refer back to it often. Hard to remember exact placement of concepts you need to double check. It's a CTRL+F much of the time but sometimes you forget his terminology for a concept and have to dig.

Butt Stuff: I'm not fetishist but have been surprised at how the category reacts to the mildest of mentions. Even careful, loving, exploration of what is a pretty common thing these days. It's a useful narrative device to show a couple using every reasonable alternative they have to not "damn themselves to hell" or whatever level of "we don't want to deal with our real problem" you've laid out. Also, on the backend (pun) you have a couple who've have been to hell and back for each other but aren't allowed by readership to enjoy any real fruits of that miserable labor outside of mostly vanilla P in V.

This is not me championing anal's cause but more opening further dialog on the absurdity that is much of incest's readership. (LC has his PhD in said absurdity study)

This has always been one of the better reads on the category and with rereads to this day I either stumble on something I've forgotten, never considered, or have a neuron fired to think on how I can stretch the shy readership in an interesting enough direction for me to want to write.

It's the subway map of Incest. It's straight forward, accessible, informational nature belie how much thought, effort, and research went into its construction.

Understandable how we can take it for granted but you'd be amazed at how much more efficiently it can get you from your origin to your destination even if you know the city well enough.

Kudos on a reference standard.

Sparrow69Sparrow69about 1 year ago

I’ve only been on Literotica for a year or so, and I have been wanting some direction on how to eventually write stories myself. I really appreciate your approach to writing; judging from all the red “H’s” and blue “W’s” it appears most other agree as well

-

I appreciated that you addressed the tag lines as well. Far too many don’t take the title and subtitle seriously; when it is what sells the story to the reader. I’m sure there are really good stories I passed over because of the poor tag lines.

-

I was wondering, being that this was written a little over eight years ago if you’d might consider writing a part two, with learned insights garnered over the past eight plus years of writing…

-

Thanks!

MfkndragonMfkndragon10 months ago

I especially liked how you made sure to mention being realistic and listen to your readers a lot of people on here don't listen to us the readers

dmallorddmallord10 months ago

Well ... damn. Now I know why my incest story involving a brother and sister getting caught by their porn film-making parents is so poorly rated. Part one is so lovey-dovey, and in part two, the brother moves on with a California free-sex furry leaving her to marry another guy as a result. All the wrong components for an incest story.

And BTW this was informative. Thanks.

Campus77Campus778 months ago

I now understand why I enjoy your tales so much. Recently I have found myself closing a story before completing it due to content I don't enjoy. I've read all of yours and only quit once. Can't remember which one. All the do's in this instruction "manual" follow my wants in almost all genres. Thanks for clarifying what I want and why.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank you. I have been fighting urges for my stepdaughter. After reading your article I realize she is wanting and waiting for me to take the charge.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

hi,from china ,i love mom son incest with silkstockings and i really love your genius stories.i am not sure that if you agree that a good incest story needs a very good foreplay.such as moms age ,hairs and eyes colour ,shape,occupation ,clothes with convincing details,expressions and mien,hobbies and likes and dislikes . and dad and sons personalities as well.

otherwise, the story needs to go at some sort of steady pace ,not too slow or quick.afterall readers need a hot sexy story to satisfy themselves.besides mothers details i think the environment is pretty significant.they can make love in kichen ,bathroom,dining table,fitting room of shopping mall,sofa,car,bus,grass and woods.bed is not always a good choice all the time .

thirdly , i think the dad character is also important.or the mom son story looks like a normal couple story,which lose the quintessence of incest,that is taboo.so some readers including me want to see mom and son fuck right under dads eyes in all kinds of circumstances。dad has no reason to be absent.

this is just my individual opinion,i have read these sotries for 15 years but i dislike the majority of incest stories。 looking forward to your comments and opinions and other words to incest stories and movies。appreciate that。

may you have good health and good mood and become a greater writer

4chuckssite4chuckssiteabout 1 month ago

I’m not an author and don’t pretend to be an expert, but I do know what I like, and I have read all of your stories, mostly delivering 5’s. Only one was not liked. This explanation was another that I didn’t care for, not sure why, but I guess I just wanted to read various scenes and not the whys and hows. I do know that I look forward to your next story and it looks like, for some reason, your production has quit or almost so. Hope you are ok and just at a loss for new ideas at the moment. I will browse the list next to see if there are any new additions, but if not, I guess I’ll just have to sample another author.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlovecraft68@lovecraft68
21933 Followers
My Patreon is only one tier and an affordable $5. If you even want to sign up for just one month, and consider it a form of a tip, its greatly appreciated. Posting some sneak peeks of upcoming stories. If you want to see them before anyone else, sign up to be a Patreon suppo...