All Comments on 'The Rehab'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 1,168 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Excellent. Please continue to write. This was a perfect romance story.

1handslapping1handslappingover 9 years ago
another story

that i read just as there seems to be dust in the air which ive got in my eyes

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story, love, romance, and heart touching.

Really liked you story. Had all the elements needed for a great romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you again

For sharing your stories with us.

I love happy ending and this sorrowful ending was really one - sort of -

D.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This...

is an amazing story. I think there is something in my eye...*sniffles*

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Very well done

A genuine romance. Just a pity that Todd could not have lived long enough to see his and Lucia's new baby.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sentimental, yes

. . . but also genuinely moving. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Thanks for the great story.

I hate you for it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Simply wonderful

Thank you for a really good read. Very interesting story line, moves at a good steady pace. It is a good love story with a happy ending. Todd knew what was coming, but happy ending was in other's new beginning.

Again, thank you.

extemporeextemporeover 9 years ago
Predictable and Wonderful

That the story would end sadly was clear early. That you found

a way to make that end so moving, and even hopeful

is a tribute to your hard work and talent.

Thank you

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****+

Excellent, beautiful, romantic story. Todd became el Patron. Thank you DreamCloud. Vaja con dios!

JPBVJPBVover 9 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for knowing how to write and for good editing. Thank you for a truly moving story which defined love and courage so well. Just .... Gracias!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic write up!

Very emotional. ..keep up your great writing. ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I nearly overlooked this story but glad I didn't. Kinda hits home seeing as I deal with chronic headaches due to scar tissue on my brain. Loved it please continue your writing.

Ladd_RussoLadd_Russoover 9 years ago

Absolutely amazing. I have trouble finding anything to critique. If anything, I would've just liked to have seen more of Sophia - but I understand why that wasn't really possible.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Exceptional

What a truly lovely story ! I loved the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it!

Well written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WOW!!

This has been one of the best stories that I have read here. Very few have touched me like this one did. Technically one of the best, but emotionally off the scale! Definitely a five star tale.

WL73

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm not normally emotional, but...

...by the end of this I was almost bawling my eyes out. It doesn't matter that I knew what was coming. You are seriously one of the most talented writers I've ever come across. The improvement in your writing (which was great to start with) has been absolutely astounding, and long may it continue.

Congratulations also on finding an editor who really knows his stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One hell of a story

I am a tough guy most of the time, but this one brought tears to my eyes. Awesome. Keep up the good work

Fighting41Fighting41over 9 years ago
Dusty

By the end of this story the air here must have got very dusty or someone must have been chopping a lot of onions.

A fantastic piece of written is this story, wish there was a rating higher than 5 to give it

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Excellent Romance

Took me a while to figure out what was really going on, even though the author did leave little hints about the real story. Powerful story; well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Tear jerker superb

I stayed up to late but I had to finish the story tonight. I was curious wether he was going to die or have a miracle cure. I I WOULD'T CAHNGE A THING. pLEASE KEEP WRITING AND I WILL READ.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow!!!

Awesome, creative, passionate, outstanding writing. Thank you for sharing your craft.

reader1000reader1000over 9 years ago
A fine story without peer.

Incredibly well done!

The single best thing I have ever read on this site. And among the most powerful things I have ever read anywhere. It was hard to finish through the tears. You have not only a strong talent, but excellent craft as well. If you have the time and the interest you should do this for a living. Ju really should. (Even your dialect rings true.)

lanncerlanncerover 9 years ago

Great piece of tragic romance

DreamCloudDreamCloudover 9 years agoAuthor
Mama's Accent

There are many reasons I thank Tim at the top of my work. Mama's accent is one of them. I tried and failed. Tim asked me if he could give it a try. Wisely I said yes.

Without an editor I am a grammatical nightmare. So, from the both of us, thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Superbly done!

I have to agree with Reader1000 - probably one of the best (if not the best) stories on the site - brought me to tears (and I'm a guy)! LOL

Outstanding story line - great job of building the characters - just can't say enough good things about the story.

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

What an amazing story. It's all been said. Very easily worth 5 stars. Thank you.

BoldVultureBoldVultureover 9 years ago
OK. I'm crying.

I loved the story and do believe that Todd continues as an aware entity - "went to heaven" if you will.

I was wondering how the author would handle the shift from the 1st person narration. It worked just fine, thank you.

hjo3hjo3over 9 years ago
So well done.

The true test is when a reader can feel the pain. The tightness in your chest and your throat. Well done.

wonder203wonder203over 9 years ago
So well done

Thank you. This is truly a great romance loving story. You can not finish this without a lump in your throat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

Both of my comments have disappeared.

I didn't do any personal attacks.

Is this censorship by the site or the author??

Still, gave 4*s.

It is a mystery for me

AMerryMan

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Wonderful Story

They made a wonderful couple and he left a great heritage behind. I agree, he became without having met any of the El Patron of the graduating class. Note that he did not want the pain killers until he realized that he was inflicting too much pain on LĂșcia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Beautiful

Your writing moves the reader through the highs and lows of their impossible relationship. You write with just enough description to take the reader to the edge and we are left to fill in the minute details. A privilege to read romance written from the male perspective that doesn't contain the "c" word and facials. This was tender and sweet, and ended perfectly, at the height of whatever happiness they are allowed. I'd give you 10 stars if I could!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I have a new favorite author

As one who used to rehab houses for a living I felt what Todd was doing! And, as one who suffers from Cluster Headache, I felt his pain. Brain tumors are excruciating. You handled the story with grace and aplomb making us feel the joy as well as the pain. I'll freely admit I had tears more than once in this story.

I don't understand what MerryMan was trying to do. He obviously wanted to be certain you and everyone else knew he was bombing your story. I hope my five* counteracts his insufferable gaucheness.

RealDocRealDocover 9 years ago
Tears for the first time in Literotica

A wonderful story. Extremely well done. I really appreciate real love stories. The sex is incidental rather than central which makes for reality. I kept hoping the "rehab" would include both house and main character but the author knew how to write a captivating and highly emotional story. Well done and another 5+.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
well done

so many emotions stirred up by this story. strong, raw, deep, compassionate, visceral, romantic, desperate, and hopeful.

I loved mama.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful story.

This story is NOT an example of erotica, for which I was searching when I found it. This is a beautifully written love story and needs to be posted where people searching for that type of story would find and enjoy it.

It would make an excellent movie story line.

sexydad50sexydad50over 9 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you for writing this . I totally enjoyed the story. You didn't wimp out, but finished it in a realistic way. I will have to read some of your other work now. Again, thank you.

hellhoundzhellhoundzover 9 years ago
so beautiful...

A really beautiful story...a real story...

Made me cry for the first time on Literotica...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

WOW as good as anything I've ever read on this site...thanx

acupacupover 9 years ago
This should not be here

As much as I would miss it, this is a story that should be published in the real world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

this is one of the best romantic stories i have ever read on literotica. please continue writing stories like this

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Had to break my comment cherry. This piece of art was simply too beautiful to not give it the praise it deserves!

kgargkgargover 9 years ago
great story teller

You are a great story teller it is a spellbound masters work of art

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You cannot know . . .

. . . how this story has touched me. From a very deep place in me, a heartfelt thank you.

DP

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow

Wow, a truly awesome job. This story actually made me cry!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
FROM AB OVA LIFE IS INEVITABLE

some of us get a chance to choose. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This is a very touching story, i wish i could give 6 stars...

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 9 years ago
Outstanding

Thank you for your story and the hard work it represents.

Woodmanone

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckover 9 years ago
Beautifully Done

You showed me that a story doesn't need twists and turns to be interesting. This story took a linear path that I felt I knew that whole time, yet I willingly took the journey and am glad I did. It is so nice to read such a loving and sexy story on here, they are few and far between. This one deserves the praise it is receiving and I want to thank you for sharing it with us. Sincerely.

LovelyRightsLovelyRightsover 9 years ago
Beautiful. 5*

I cried terribly at this beautiful love story. Thank you.

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
Ju made me cry.

I especially loved that Mama realized and made sure Lucia realized at the end that Todd's real rehab project and completion was his wife. He of course got rehabilitation emotionally and spiritually by his new families love and devotion. Thank you DreamCloud and editor Tim. ----- {Mark}. Hoppydoodle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for this. A wonderful story, beautifully written. Nothing more to say, but thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Real love

Wonderful story. Real love is about helping those you love, whatever the cost to you. Brilliantly shown in this story., by all the main characters.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 9 years ago
Not Much To Say...

I would give 10 stars, if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story

First time I ever felt the need to comment on a story. Fantastic job and great storytelling.

retread2retread2over 9 years ago
you made a 66 yr old man tear up!

Thank you for sharing.

86yohom86yohomover 9 years ago
Fantastic

Very well done, great story and beautifully written.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Superb

A wonderful fabulous story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
10

Sorry, pressed 4 by mistake. It deserves a 10. Beautifully done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
beyond words

god bless

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Gods

marexotic18marexotic18over 9 years ago
crying

That was so beautifully sad. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful story

Thanks

hsl2khsl2kover 9 years ago
The Very Best Story I've Seen Here

I'll be honest. When I came on Literotica, I was looking for what the site implied - a quick, dirty story all about sex and not about art. And while other longer stories on this site with plenty of literary flare quickly proved that wrong for me, I believe this was the first story I've seen that moved me so much to comment. I only wish I could share this with the rest of the world without the literotica tag just for what it is: a strikingly well-written short story with such mastery of storytelling few has accomplished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent

This is simply an excellent story. Very well done.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
not expected

This is the finest story I have read in literotica. You should write a book and then proceed to movies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I had to finish it.

I can't describe the feelings I got from all this. From immense happiness, to crying in the middle of the night. I commend your writing. Just... Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow....

Honestly I started reading it looking for something erotic to past the time with and next thing I know I can't stop reading it. Now here at the end of it I'm actually sitting in my office crying like a baby, this is one of the best short stories I've read and the most well written, grammatically correct, and not full of typos stories I have found on here. I can't say enough about how much this story touched me. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

Very well written and emotionally moving...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Majestic writing. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Couldn't imagine myself crying at the end of any story here in Literotica, but I did. Very good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

Wonderfully written and a sad but beautiful story!

jrsowulujrsowuluover 9 years ago
So real it hurts

The characters and story are so realistic i feel it could be happening right beside me. The personal struggle of the main character is very touching and the love that ultimately drives the characters is beautiful.

Thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I like your drivel too

Thanks for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

I am not sure what the idiot was thinking when he/she wrote the worst. I have recently discovered you, your stories I mean. This is the third one that I have read and it was the best of the three. Thank you for sharing. Michael

expertlinguistexpertlinguistover 9 years ago
It's OK......

You got me all emotional, really touched me, a story of love, gain and loss like no other I have ever read. Thank you

GunnlaugGunnlaugover 9 years ago
Believable, in it's way

The title of my comment might sound a bit 'back-handed' but it isn't meant to be. My problem with many, many, romance stories is the 'unbelievability' of the stories, characters, details, dialogue. In fact, pretty much all romance stories are 'unbelievable' by their nature as fantasies, hence the title of my comment. But this was excellent. In particular I found that the dialogue read like normal people speaking to each other, and I am frankly jealous of the dialogue, wishing I could write dialogue as well as this. And I was glad that *SPOILER* there was no miracle ending.

The only thing I would not have written (if I had the skill to write this) is the coda - I don't think it tells us anything we didn't already know. But that's me and I understand that if the coda wasn't there there'd be a hundred complaints about not knowing what happened after.

All in all, a well deserved 5 stars for detail and dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A story with real heart

Enough to make a grumpy 63 year old man cry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Stunning

There's real talent here. You have a unique way of capturing emotions. Who knows how the publishing industry works, but it strikes me that if you wanted to you (and if you're not already), you could make a career out of writing.

Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you for this emotional ride. This story is a wonderful mix of pain and love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow, what a story .

So sad but so well done.a real tear jerker. You have real talent writ ing this work of art.

zarnato11zarnato11about 9 years ago

I've never cried so much at any story in my entire life. I can literally give no better praise for your writing than the tears running down my face as I type this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent. And thank you for resisting the plot twist that I might have added, . . .

Lucia holding a one year old child in her lap at the graduation. I do wonder how she resisted taking that step that would have carried Todd more tangibly into her future.

Really touching, exciting, and lovely. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I don't have the words to describe that roller coaster. Just wow very beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Excellent write up here. Especially on a site like this.

fearkrakenfearkrakenabout 9 years ago
There aren't enough stars

Simply an amazing story from an amazing writer.

ZanthaZanthaabout 9 years ago
Oh my...

You've left me in tears. Thank you for such an amazingly beautiful tale.

mammoetmammoetabout 9 years ago
WOW

that cost a few tears, outstanding story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I don't usually write these...

I usually don't write comments on these, but this was one outstanding tale, a real tear jerker. 10/10, you have a wonderful talent of writing

vermontyankeevermontyankeeabout 9 years ago
Wow!

What a beautiful and heartbreaking story. Great writing in all ways.

xtchrxtchrabout 9 years ago
One Of -If Not The - Best Stories I Have Read!

Thank you for such an inspiring and emotional story. It was such a Love Story - a real Love. That love was shared between the man, the woman, the mother and even the daughter. Mama is one hell of a character...I fell in love with her.

I kept trying to figure out how you were going to save his life, but you didn't. This made it all the more emotional and realistic. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for this exceptional writing. You have forced me to read all of your stories.

buckskin_ladybuckskin_ladyabout 9 years ago
thank u for this masterpiece!

I use the literotica app I can't seem to find anywhere on there to give u feedback so I have spent a long time here at 1 am trying to reach you! Haha and I've never thought of commenting on a story.

I have to say I'm still balling this is the most beautiful story I have ever read. It sure got me thinking. I can't stop staring at my man now! Everyone needs to read this amazing story. Thank u so much for this! U deserve well over 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
amazing.

simply amazing. with that being said....

fuck you onion cutter

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesabout 9 years ago
So good

I lost my dad two years ago this month and cried through most of this beautiful story. Real characters, believable situations, realistic dialogue. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
bawling...

my eyes out - you heartless wretch for posting this story...damn you are talented/gifted.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous