All Comments on 'Neighborhood Dad Ch. 17'

by LittleHenry

Sort by:
  • 67 Comments
d2talld2tallover 9 years ago
Keep writing!

Your story telling is great, have followed you threw all chapters. It has been difficult because of time between chapters. But I do like your story. It would be a shame not to find out if Randi and Henry get together in the end. And how it all plays out.

sferguson53sferguson53over 9 years ago
Please keep writing

I've loved all of your chapters. Please keep writing. Though the readership has gone down, the passion of your followers hasn't. It's a great story, and an additional hook for me is that I live in the Piedmont. So reading a story based near me is cool. I hope you continue with the story and enjoy writing it, as I certainly enjoy reading it.

Thanks!

steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice continuation

I look every v day for a new submission of this story. Happy to see it continued!

Thomas DrablézienThomas Drablézienover 9 years ago
Love it....

Your stories have believable characters and situations. They offer a lot more than cardboard cut-outs banging their genitals together.

Yes of course I like a bit of sex and seduction, but I think a good story well told scores higher on my board than a lot of the 'strokers' found here.

Please carry on, I want to find out more about Henry and his girls.

Tom D

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More Please

Looking forward to your next chapter.

reader1000reader1000over 9 years ago
Long time since the previous chapter

You may have lost numbers of readers but those who remain, like me, are impressed and enthusiastic, and keep on checking for more. Not many authors are worth waiting for. Your story line is very real, your characters quite believable and you have the rare quality of actually being able to write and spell and follow grammatical construction. I know you don't get paid, but in part that is your choice. You are good enough to get published elsewhere. Please don't abandon your fans here. And preferably don't wait so long between chapters. That will tend to lose you readers.

And thanks for doing what you do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Still here

I'm still a loyal reader. During your time away, I would look for the next chapter. Glad that you're back, and hoping this story doesn't get abandoned like some of the other good series in this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dont

Quit or be discouraged by the numbers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dying for more

It has been a long four months. Seems like every day I was looking for the next segment - and disappointed when it wasn't there. Please continue.

Sidney43Sidney43over 9 years ago

I will join the others who don't want you to quit The drop in reader clicks is likely due to those looking for a stroke story and instead finding something with a plot and characters. Frankly, reading the excruciating details about how many pubic hairs a woman had on her left labia majora, or worse, the complete lack of them is boring and gets old fast.

This story has a lot of potential and my only problem is your hurt thumb and the long time where I had to check every day for an update.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Here here keep writing. It may take a while for your wandering readers to find you again

kaisermatthiaskaisermatthiasover 9 years ago
It happens

I had actually missed 16 coming out! So I read that before diving in for 17 today. Your writing is excellent, and a welcome addition to the library here. I won't blame you for stopping, but it would be sad to see you go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Quit

Please don't. Yours is one of the very few well written, very readable stories on this site. Not only that, for a change the spelling, grammar and punctuation are correct. Thank you..

Please don't stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you and please keep writing

I can't tell you enough what a welcomed surprise it was to see the continuation of your story. Truth be told yours is one of the only stories I have been able to follow and enjoy right from the beginning.

Please continue....in the mean time I will settle for the lesser short stories and continue looking for the gems such as this.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please Continue

I can add nothing to everything that has already been said, this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a comment, so from this alone please do not stop writing this story. Thankyou.

MrOuchMrOuchover 9 years ago

Enjoying this story a lot. I was afraid you had left it. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Welcome back, you've been missed!

For more than four months I have been waiting for this. Thank you so much for continuing it. I hope you will keep it up for us devoted followers! Than you again.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 9 years ago
Long series all lose steam

IMHO no long series can maintain the quality of the first chapters.

Readers lose interest just like the authors themselves. Keep stories short and tight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too long.

It feels more like 4 years instead of 4 months.The story line is still great and has room to go anywhere you feel it shall go.Don't give it up by not continuing,some contributors don't get 16 people reading their material. Bravo Henry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Reading

Keep it going. Great storyline. Hang in there, we need more.9494

HamsterHamsterover 9 years ago
Glad you are back.

I put you on my favorite authors list and have been checking faithfully for the next installment. Very happy to see you back, and with another great chapter. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
just discovered you

This is a great story that I think will continue to grow in readership with every post.

Many stories would have had the girls sail to victory and celebrate with a team orgy. You are keeping it real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good writing

Yet another great chapter. Keep writing. Love these characters

nreh21nreh21over 9 years ago

Really great story, hope you carry on. Please don't wait too long till you write/post the next chapter. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great stort

Please continue.... Your story is the only one I've read from chapiter 1 till 17. It's great and seems real to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WONDERFUL!

Great series!! So good had to get on laptop, haven't found way on phone to comment!!!

hnau0022hnau0022over 9 years ago
Glad you're back

Please keep writing, good story but each chapter

Could be longer

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Love your story

I think 16k people are a lot for a webpage there the most people only for fast sex. So many people read the first chapter and see that is not what they are looking for. But 16.000, like me, love a good story more than the sex. You must regonize that many people read the first chapters again to get back to the story that starts two years ago. I think I have read chapter 1 three times and a few two times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

well written , engaging writing

intriguing plot

entertaining & interesting protagonists

i really love this series .

But.

the span of time between the chapters & the fact that each chapter is so short , is i think the reason the number of views has dwindled . dificult for the reader to get thier teeth into a story or maintain thier interest over such a protracted amount of time , when each chapter is so short.

it's VERY noticable in the last few chapters that the Author has become most Adroit in the use of the empty / blank line ...

still .. this is a very remarkable tale , and the Author has a most devoted following for it , which is reflected in the score of each chapter , and the fact that so many pple are actually still reading it .

if the story to this point was re-posted in only 3 parts , i would not be surprised to find it scoring 4.80 or higher .

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please continue

Read the whole series today. I want to see how it turns out and will be very disappointed if you don't finish. I really like it so far and hope for a happy ending.

PaksdmPaksdmover 9 years ago
all these...

comments on this page cover everything I'd want to say except my own plea to post my "fix" asap please....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please Continue

I have been following this series since you started writing it and have really been enjoying where it has gone. I would always hope to see the next chapter pop up on the screen and the last couple of months have been a real drought. Please continue with the series, your efforts are appreciated by those of us who like high quality writing mixed with erotic content. :-)

kennyk0alakennyk0alaover 9 years ago
Please keep going !!

I'm very sorry to hear that you were unable to write for a while - we missed you!

I've really enjoyed this series, and like many others hope that you will finish it. I've consistently scored the chapters as a 4 or 5.

Have you checked with other serial story authors to see if they experience similar dropoffs in readership as a series progresses, and what approaches they might use to deal with this. I'm reading other serial stories at the moment and the best seem to maintain focus on the core story, which in this story is all about the relationship between Henry and Randi. I think your focus might have gone off this for a few chapters, and I'm pleased that this chapter was all about Henry and Randi.

The big question/interest for me (and I suspect many readers) is how their relationship will play out, given the big age gap. Randi is clearly a remarkable young woman, mature beyond her years and able to help Henry in dealing with the loss of his wife, both emotionally and sexually. More please !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Stay with it if you can.

You have a very good story going and with several good characters. Those of us who are into it are looking for new installments. As for the fall off in readership...well, that is normal as a story with short chapters stretches on toward novella-land. New readers may pick up a story with a few chapters, but not so likely if there are already ten or fifteen. And existing readers can fade as the story stretches on or the thread is lost. Some simply want faster fare, a quicker fix. You did manage to produce the first six chapters in under three months, then stopped for four months. Then over the next three months, you generated ten more rapid-fire. Now again, there has been a four month hiatus, but you are back with number seventeen. This pattern contributes to a drop in readership. But note: Your voting has remained very high, staying above 4.5 since Chapter Four. That means that your quality writing has been recognized and has a loyal following of quality readers. We appreciate what you do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Continue

Excellent I really hope that you decide to continue and give us the ending that this story now deserves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
keep going

Fantastic series so far. You must keep going there is so much mileage in this story for lots more chapters. Please continue.

kitesmurfkitesmurfover 9 years ago
Please continue

Just as the other comments say, please continue. The story is awesome, as you can see with your voting score for every chapter of the story. You said you want to build characters in your first chapter and you have achieved that. I am really curious about what happens next to Randi, Paige and Henry, there is so much potential in those characters. don't let those viewer numbers distract you, better look at the scoring, as that gives you a real feedback about how people think about the quality of the story.

But whatever you do, thanks for the great pleasure :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I never comment on stories, but I love this series and would be so disappointed if you stopped at this chapter. Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
your return

It is good to have you back! I look forward to some more chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please keep writing"

I have really enjoyed your series. Thank you for coming back to it after a long break.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I love your story

I have always looked forward to reading when you post new chapters. And I thank you for taking the time out of your life to do so. If you decide to stop writing that is your choice but I for one hope you do not. Have a good day m

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Write for yourself, not for others.

I've written a few stories. Although I wrote them for other people to read, I wrote them because I wanted to. I hope you don't let the drop in readers make you not finish the storylines in your head. I've had plenty of series that I've started reading and stopped after several chapters. Sometimes I became disinterested, sometimes I was unhappy with the way the storyline turned, sometimes I just missed a chapter or two and never picked it back up. Bottom line is, keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Don't stop writing!!!

You do a great job.. Keep em coming

Lo_PanLo_Panover 9 years ago
I wish you would continue.....

Please, don't leave it here. Write a final chapter, wrap the story up and let it go. Sure, many people have not read the story, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth finishing. I love the series, really like your writing style and am liking the premise of your story. PLEASE, I beg you, finish it?

NutRanchNutRanchover 9 years ago
Write for Yourself, let us enjoy it

At the end of the day you don't get paid to post here so the only benefit is the joy of writing a good story and knowing that some people enjoyed reading it. Read the comments already on here for this CH. Quite a few people enjoy your work and will miss you if you make the decision to stop posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story, deserves a good finish

I enjoyed reading this a lot! I loved the way you described Randi. I have to admit, the way the story started out in the first 10 or so chapters, seemed to have something that the later chapters don't have. I am not sure, it could just be my preference. Their relationship developed, but it seemed to lack natural events and consequences. I liked reading about Ricky and Paige (and her character development), the basketball team's dynamic, even his job in furniture. I also liked the part with Lori being mistaken with Randi. But at some point I got tired of hot tub scenes, or you brought up important scenes but didn't follow through much with them. Like the bit with Autumn and her mom, Lori and the confusion, even the Valentine's "low point" didn't seem to be as interesting as they might have been. I don't write so I don't understand how hard this could be, but I thought I might throw in some constructive comments. Hope you don't mind.

Thaiguy1Thaiguy1over 9 years ago
If this is the end

I hope it is not I really want to see how this goes. BUT if it is the end can you at least let us know with a chapter called done finished.

It has been really good to read. I think the lack of sex in the final chapters may have had something to do with the lack of comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
keep the story going.

I have read all of this series. I usually just look at what's new but after i read the first one i had keep looking to see if you have written more.

Keep the story alive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hope this is not the end!

Well written and very enjoyable read. It feels like there is still more left to tell. But please don't just stop, the story deserves an ending. THank you.

fantasiahottiefantasiahottieover 9 years ago
MORE!!!

Fantastic story and I am deffinatly in need of more Henry and Randi!! Don't leave us hangin' it's too good a story to stop here!!

BigDchefBigDchefover 9 years ago
More

Keep it coming a great tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story!

I have read everyone of the installments and love the series. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well done !!

I was so excited to see another chapter. Great work! Starting to see a lot more of your character's depth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Series

Hi, sorry for missing out on the developing series. I read it today, yes, the whole thing. I am actually screwing up my courage for publishing a couple of the ones I have written already.

I like the bit about Autumn, but I think if it was me at 38, not the 57 I am now, I probably would have said something, but hey, it can be tough when confronted by a naked, sexy teenager. Anyway, I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series and I hope the whole "hiding their light under a basket" thing goes away soon. But I am an incurable romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bravo!

I had been waiting for months for this. Halter to come out. I do hope you continue the series as you do have some hardcore fans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
love it

please keeping writing this series. I look for it every month cause I know that when you post them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
please

Keep writing the series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
keep it up

I have been waiting 4 months don't leave us hanging again, please!

Nebel815Nebel815about 9 years ago
Don't stop

Love this story , please don't stop writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Unexpected

This has been SO not what I expected. Yet, it has been so much better. You have introduced us to real people we can relate to ('with whom we can relate' for the grammar Nazis) and care about. Thank you, and please, please, please don't stop this tale!

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999about 9 years ago
love these stories

Please keep writing. My only complaint is that you're on an erotic site and you gloss over the sex part with one line about making love. Please paint the pictures of the sex better with details for various senses. Thanks.

ramonbrookramonbrookabout 9 years ago
I have to agree with Anonintexas1999

About glossing over the sexual parts, but that does NOT make me want to stop reading this story! It is a very well written and realistic story that keeps me wanting to read more!

While you may feel discouraged in the drop in readership, please remember that, as a reader, sometimes it's hard to remember what you have started to read. Myself, I have bookmarked all the stories that I'm interested to come back to and this is on the top of that list! Those of us who have stayed with the story, did so because we find you a very talented writer, with a story that can fit in most people's lives!

Please hang in there to bring this story to your ending, as we, are hanging in there with you. I have been checking WEEKLY for additions to this story and was quite happily surprised to find that you added 2 more chapters!

I hope your injury is getting better and you are able to tell this story without too much difficulty!

LittleHenryLittleHenryabout 9 years agoAuthor
Hang on a chapter

The last two comments have been about the lack of sex in this erotic story. There seemed so much to tell in this chapter that, oddly enough, sex just wasn't what I wanted to focus on at that time. But I got back to the sex in Chap. 18, so I hope that's better for everyone.

Now it's time to get going on Chap. 19.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm envious and sorry.

To be dating a young woman, how delightful. I think any guy would love to instruct a teen in making love and lust. Your story doesn't make it out to as creepy as it really would be. Was it Autuoms mom who wants to have coffee, yup jump on that plan. Have two women for a change. Would it be wrong to keep up appearances, and juggle some situations, or has this you g love gone to far

OH catching a long story at the begging I would expect some drop off. There are many good stories to distract us, thats whythe suggestions for longer chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great stuff!!

Please, keep up the writing!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful writing

Your comment about possibly not writing more after this chapter made me sad. Your style is creative, sensitive and insightful, especially with a May - November relationship. Never worry about how many people read your writing. If only one person has been touched by your work, you are a success. I will write a comment at the end of this story line. Thank you! K

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 3 years ago
Please rethink your possible decision

You are worried about drop of of readership. Let me throw some observations out that may help you going forward.

Don't base your decisions on the 'stroke' folks just looking for a cheap thrill and once they get it they move on.

The ones that want to see this to the end, like me, are frustrated with all the chapters. Condense the story as a whole or append chapters to get a larger chapter. You can still denote each chapter in the document but the reader just reads on and does not have to exit the chapter and go searching for the next segment. D.C. Roi used your approach. Great stories which I love but the endless segmented chapters really takes away from the story flow.

Last, and most importantly, write for yourself. Don't get caught up on how many read a chapter once. Instead, write a classic where those that have read it will want to come back and read it again and again or will refer to it when posting a comment somewhere else (like I did with D.C. Roi) which will hopefully pique the interest of others to go and find the treasure referred to.. If you are just writing it for numbers you are writing for all the wrong reasons. You have talent. Continue to grow with it.

Trust in it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLittleHenry@LittleHenry
607 Followers
Little Henry is a Southerner who is bored with writing lame magazine articles and wants to have some fun for a change. His fiction writing ranges far and wide from these erotic stories, an attempt at "the great American novel" and even a children's book.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES