All Comments on 'Dark Weres Ch. 01'

by Iread2relax

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

I don't know what to say about Alphonso. At least he is trying to redeem some of his wrongs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fractured Start

This was very hard to follow, the transitions were run together and it was not easy to sort things out. Not your usual fare, take your time on the next chapter and don't submit it until it's ready.

Wolf_Man_1962

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not a compelling start

I just couldn't stay interested when the main character was such a prick.

Why would I want to read about him ?

Answer: I didn't so I stopped about halfway through.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 9 years ago

The main character is not very likable. While he is a victim of horrific crimes, he hasn't tried to rise above his suffering and has allowed his anger to fester. Having been the victim of racial intolerance, he has become intolerant of other races and allowed that to rule his life. Even now, when he appears to be nearing the end of his life, he doesn't seem to be repentant, more like he's willing to keep his true thoughts to himself just to see his daughter again.

sblazer227sblazer227about 9 years ago
lovely beginning

the main character doesnt always have to be a wholly likable person.

hes hurt and hes flawed but he has done good by his people.

to be of an age where you lived through the horror of slavery, i can only imagine the turmoil in his mind.

i like where this is going.

thruholewizardthruholewizardover 8 years ago
the idea of dark weres is interesting

I guess I assumed that wolves came in all colors so the people they turned into would just match the color, segregated packs never occurred to me ....I guess I am naive that way . my family is mixed , my wife (mother of my son ) is Hispanic from Peru and I am white and Indian(American).

Anyway I am having a good time reading your story .

Stephen J

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Didn't love

Didn't exactly love your comparison of dark weres taking care of their children, unlike "dark" men. ALL of the "dark" men in my life, take care of their children. Plus, I know just as many single "fair" moms doing it by themselves as dark moms.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Dark human males comment

Your apology up front regarding your racists views on "dark human males" and their inability to care for their young is not genuine and this part of your story is deplorable. I enjoyed your series up to this point. Fantasy or not that statement feeds into a biased mindset that plagues our country in a negative way and feeds white supremacy and hate. Some of your readers are like the group you are disparaging and probably find these sentiments highly offensive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Attn: Didn't love

You apparently haven't checked out Chicago and their horrific murder rate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fell prey to racial stereotypes

I, too ENJOYED your series until I came to this one. History is off a bit and was quite turned off by your implied racial assumptions and that you applied them in writing. Honey, you should have checked your notions at the door before you started writing OR at least connected with some real folks before attempting to write about a culture you obviously have little understanding of. It is my sincere hope that you now realize you have turned many readers off with your lack of awareness. I won't even call you insensitive is more applicable as you appear to be both clueless and lazy. A good writer, even part time makes the effort to lock down the truth of their subject matter. Try a little harder next time....... please? Writing outside one's knowledge base and comfort zone IS challenging and easily offensive when one doesn't make a serious effort to try to get all the base facts before jumping in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Dear Anonymous...

Such sexist condescension from you, especially when you sneer "Honey" at the author. Get off your high horse, unpack that privilege and stop lecturing other people. Many different statistics back up that character's beliefs, and with white fathers increasingly doing the same, that line could apply to other races as well. The fatherless or single mother households are growing, regardless of skin color.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIread2relax@Iread2relax
1299 Followers
3/19/2020 Life is what happens to you while you are living. COVID19---- Thus times are making me realize that we won't be here long. Today, many people have been dealt horrible blows, but life goes on and the world keeps turning. 200 stories, I have written 200 stories. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES